Page 1 of 1
I'm so mad
BlackandTan Gold Sparx Gems: 2588
#1 Posted: 22:50:10 08/05/2015 | Topic Creator
So I planned on not buying Trap Team until Sky 5 was out, but I managed to get it off of ebay for $20 plus shipping. I got it today. I put it in the xbox, everything seems great until.... "Put a skylander on the portal" But Food Fight was already on it. I pick him up. Put him back on. Nothing. Put on one of my older ones that I know works... nothing. Unplug portal - xbox says to plug it back in. Put a skylander on... nothing!

I'm SO MAD. My husband is away this weekend and I was hoping to play a little bit. NOPE. I emailed the seller. I'm so frustrated! Because in reality I only saved $15 - I can get it for $45 at Walmart with store delivery.

So - any solutions - or is it really broken?
---
Can't wait for Imaginators!!!
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#2 Posted: 22:52:23 08/05/2015
Activision customer support will replace Portals for free (but I believe that you have to pay for shipping).
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:52:44 08/05/2015 by Matteomax
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#3 Posted: 23:20:20 08/05/2015
Quote: Matteomax
Activision customer support will replace Portals for free (but I believe that you have to pay for shipping).

First you have to go through troubleshooting steps with them again whether you have done so or not. After that they will require you to send them images of your receipt and the broken portal - which will take a couple days minimum for them to process. Afterwards they will have you ship it to them, and they will wait until they receive it before processing it (cross shipping is absolutely not done) and sending you a new one, which could take up to three weeks.

Then, should you decide that is all ridiculous and tell them to shove it and return the item to the store instead, they will then call you over and over wondering why they haven't gotten it yet despite you telling them repeatedly to cancel the return process since you returned it to the store.

That's their support process from my experience, at least these days (since Trap Team came out). All of this for a portal that is useless outside of their game and requires you buy things to use it. I hear their process used to be fairly easy, but it isn't anymore. One would think that for a cheap piece of plastic that makes you want to buy other stuff from them they would be falling all over themselves to get you a new one.

Return it to the seller if you can. If not, prepare to be patient, with luck you will be able to play it in a month.

Activision, if you have someone still reading: Your return process sucks. You would have lost a sale to me if Amazon had not been awesome and picked up the slack from your failure.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:23:04 08/05/2015 by defpally
Swap Force Fan Emerald Sparx Gems: 4095
#4 Posted: 23:58:31 08/05/2015
You get what you pay for.
wild_defender Green Sparx Gems: 465
#5 Posted: 00:13:23 09/05/2015
Just exchange it back at the store you bought it at. What's so hard? That's what your sposed to do if something you buy is broken.

You don't have to deal with activision.
---
Anyone else think Short Cut should be making jokes about running with scissors?
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#6 Posted: 00:21:00 09/05/2015
Quote: wild_defender
Just exchange it back at the store you bought it at. What's so hard? That's what your sposed to do if something you buy is broken.

Actually,yeah. Acti CAN replace them,but doesn't matter what price they sold you the Starter Pack for on Ebay,if it's broken when it's described as working it's broken. It's at least a partial refund if you don't have the ability to exchange it for a working one from them.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:21:51 09/05/2015 by Bifrost
Alphawolf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1692
#7 Posted: 01:16:36 09/05/2015
i did some searches on this issue, seems a hand full of other people have had this problem as well. all of them just got a new one from activision. unless you know electronics and stuff like that then fixing it yourself dosent seem likely. so i guess your left with 2 options, contact the ebay seller and ask for a new product ( assuming the description didnt say it was broken) or contact activision, ether one will take some time. sucks that this happened to you, hopefully you will get it resolved fast.
benccisne Yellow Sparx Gems: 1199
#8 Posted: 01:56:40 09/05/2015
GameStop has used traptanium portals for sale.
BigDan Yellow Sparx Gems: 1687
#9 Posted: 06:57:29 09/05/2015
Also make sure you move the portal away from your TV. I had a similar issue when I first started playing Trap Team and this worked for me.
WickedRogue Gold Sparx Gems: 2725
#10 Posted: 11:37:48 09/05/2015
Is it the correct portal? Xbox 360 ones only work on a Xbox 360. Xbox One only works on a Xbox One.
---
Elite Skystones Set Complete.
#11 Posted: 13:17:48 09/05/2015 | Topic Creator
I bought it from an outside seller on Ebay - so no receipt for activision. How far away from the Tv? Its about four feet. I will try that. I will also go to my local gamestop to see if they have a used portal. I don't really want to return it all. The seller is fairly new and have not responded yet. The package was also a little beat up, but I think you can see that in the picture.
---
mastermc54 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3448
#12 Posted: 14:35:09 09/05/2015
You should get at least a partial refund if not a full one from the EBay seller if you report an "item not as described" issue with the seller if they sold it to you as "new" condition. It's the seller's responsibility to get the item to you in new and working condition...as the original purchaser, the burden of returning and getting a replacement product from the retailer is on the seller. Or you can have the seller mail you a receipt so that you can perhaps exchange it in store if you have the same retailer near you.
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#13 Posted: 15:02:23 09/05/2015
Quote: wild_defender

No, the instructions (that big page that gets included with everything that we always just throw away) says "do not return to the store" for defectives and you should contact them. They know full well that returning it to the store results in a good chance you will just return it and not exchange for a working one. The fact that their internal return process is so painful and slow lately is an insult, and part of why this is my last year buying all the figures.

If they valued the customer, they would have you one sent out immediately overnight. I could see somewhat of a quick confirmation process for a figure, but a working portal is something they should want you to have right away.
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#14 Posted: 15:12:31 09/05/2015
Even more so since they essentially end up giving away the game and portal in the first place.
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#15 Posted: 15:13:35 09/05/2015
If there's no receipt then talk to the Ebay seller. As mastermc said, if it's said to be a working,new Starter Pack in the description it's a 'item not as described' issue. You can also get a partial refund, exchange for another Pack with a working portal, or if the guy doesn't want to negotiate at all there's always Ebay Buyer Protection for a full refund.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
NinjaStealthElf Green Sparx Gems: 344
#16 Posted: 15:23:40 09/05/2015
Quote: defpally
Quote: Matteomax

First you have to go through troubleshooting steps with them again whether you have done so or not. After that they will require you to send them images of your receipt and the broken portal - which will take a couple days minimum for them to process. Afterwards they will have you ship it to them, and they will wait until they receive it before processing it (cross shipping is absolutely not done) and sending you a new one, which could take up to three weeks.

Wow. I'm sorry to hear that. I had a WAY better experience with Activision.

I just said on the subreddit that my Giants copy had scratches, and they immediatly replaced it, free of charge. I also got some cool Giants stickers.
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#17 Posted: 16:53:23 09/05/2015
Bitfrost is correct. eBay has a process for getting a return from the seller because it "wasn't as advertised". That's your only shot here, and it's probable you will return victorious. Best to start with seller to work it out first before you piss him off with the "official process". Do not try for a "partial refund", eBay doesn't allow it. Either choose to return it ALL as per process or accept it and go buy another portal. I hear Gamestop has loads of them in the trash. Happy digging. smilie

My only experience with Activision has been on toy replacement, and in both cases a new one arrived at my door within a week. Easy peasy. I know for some of their other stuff they get nutsy.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 16:56:43 09/05/2015 by TakeYourLemons
benccisne Yellow Sparx Gems: 1199
#18 Posted: 17:03:30 09/05/2015
Regardless I hope you get to play since you have a small window till your spouse gets back. I know how it is trying to juggle home life and personal time. I feel your frustration.
#19 Posted: 17:30:04 09/05/2015 | Topic Creator
I don't need the portal right quick - I think I will ask the seller for a partial refund (maybe the $8 I paid in shipping or something) keep the game and try and find a used portal some where. I leave for vacation on Wednesday so I'm not really that bummed.
---
#20 Posted: 02:16:08 10/05/2015
Oh good. Don't be surprised if he doesn't agree with the arbitrary number you throw out, but if you do, great.
Eternal Harvest Green Sparx Gems: 356
#21 Posted: 02:45:17 11/05/2015
One problem may be that the portal is too close to the machine because it has to receive interference from the machine if it is in range. My portal didn't work for swap force until I moved it away, it may be the same for you. I'm not sure really though, if that doesn't work then just contact activision customer support, they should be able to help you
Wolfgang Gold Sparx Gems: 2044
#22 Posted: 04:11:30 11/05/2015
When I got my replacement portal, I didn't have to send anything to them nor pay for shipping.
---
♫Cheap smoke, risin' like a spirit in the- soft glow of a New York street.
No glamour or garb can hide the animal heart inside of me.♫
obidawsn Gold Sparx Gems: 2901
#23 Posted: 13:40:08 11/05/2015
Quote: NinjaStealthElf

Wow. I'm sorry to hear that. I had a WAY better experience with Activision.

I just said on the subreddit that my Giants copy had scratches, and they immediatly replaced it, free of charge. I also got some cool Giants stickers.

I wish I had known I could do that. Our XBox 360 did the ring of death scratch on a few of our games (including Giants). Luckily, that was when people were getting deals at Target to pay only $1 for Giants (after PM'ing, coupons, pre-order deals, etc.). I just went and got another copy.
#24 Posted: 13:42:46 11/05/2015
I thought it was called that because of the hardware...you're telling me your xbox SCRATCHED the game? It's a laser...something mechanical with drive must've happened.
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#25 Posted: 15:13:02 11/05/2015
Quote: TakeYourLemons
I thought it was called that because of the hardware...you're telling me your xbox SCRATCHED the game? It's a laser...something mechanical with drive must've happened.

yes microsoft got a bit cheap on the dvd drives, the drive was missing parts that keep the discs stable... but better blame the customer than admit the problem.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#26 Posted: 15:22:46 11/05/2015
I wonder if keeping system on side exacerbated the problem. I keep mine horizontal because of this possibility.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:20:50 12/05/2015 by TakeYourLemons
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#27 Posted: 15:31:04 11/05/2015
Quote: TakeYourLemons
I wonder if keeping system on side exacerbated the problem. I keep mind horizontal because of this possibility.

if you got one of the two latest revisions of the x360 you should be fine(even from rrod).. and yes horizontal is always the best for disc based system.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
obidawsn Gold Sparx Gems: 2901
#28 Posted: 16:27:36 11/05/2015
It was because it was vertical. we originally had it that way, as it sat easier in our entertainment center, and gave us room to put other things in the cabinet. But after it started scratching discs, we put it horizontal. It's funny that it had that problem, yet most images show it vertical.
#29 Posted: 13:56:59 12/05/2015 | Topic Creator
Good news! The seller is sending me another portal. Doesn't want his old one back. Maybe I'll fling it at the Gamestop i don't like. LOL. It still lights up and everything!
---
Wolfgang Gold Sparx Gems: 2044
#30 Posted: 17:01:30 12/05/2015
I'd highly recommend against giving a non-working product to a Gamestop. You know how you felt when the portal didn't work? Well, imagine someone else feeling the exact same way as a direct result of your actions.
---
♫Cheap smoke, risin' like a spirit in the- soft glow of a New York street.
No glamour or garb can hide the animal heart inside of me.♫
#31 Posted: 20:45:28 12/05/2015
Quote: Wolfgang
I'd highly recommend against giving a non-working product to a Gamestop. You know how you felt when the portal didn't work? Well, imagine someone else feeling the exact same way as a direct result of your actions.

I agree. Not that it matters, they'll cut the cords and throw it in the trash. But it's kinda two face.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me