darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Trap Team > Favorite levels in all four games?
Page 1 of 1
Favorite levels in all four games?
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx [online] Gems: 10000
#1 Posted: 19:27:45 04/05/2015 | Topic Creator
Since there are already threads about the best figures and gameplay overall,why not pass some more time asking ourselves about the best levels in all the games as well?
(It's not like the SKL5 announcement isn't taking quite a while) Of course one can include levels from the 3DS versions as well, just make sure to note them as such since not everyone knows them.

1.Spyro's Adventure - Quicksilver Vault
Despite being quite challenging compared to the rest of the game, the designs are so peaceful along with the song that it feels like a temple of sorts more than a highly-protected vault. The place is also really creative with the blue palette and the almost dreamlike designs.

2. Giants - The Oracle
A similar case to the Vault, the place is a lot more dreamlike and creative than the others. But it's also not as linear and there are several combinations; and if you're just trying to have a fun run, you can make the level fit your playstyle instead of the other way around. Octavius is also a pretty interesting character and I wish he was explored a bit more; but even with what we have an alien that speaks to a soundtrack is unusual enough to interest.

3. Swap Force - Rampant Ruins
Didn't play the game and the levels as a whole don't really interest me,but Rampant Ruins is in my opinion the better-looking one. Despite being a jungle for the umpteenth time in the game it changes quite a lot with the different time of the day and being more focused on said ruins than plant life.

4. Trap Team - Time Town
The hardest choice it gets for the games with Monster Marsh, Telescope Towers and Lair of the Golden Queen around, but I guess bias wins in this one. I always loved the Slippery Tunnel track from the Giants soundtrack and was a bit bummed it was only used with a downgraded remix for the Slime Pipe arena, so having not just the original,not just two remixes along,not three,but five different versions(the second battle theme is kind of just a few notes from it though) plus all the amazing small tunes from the puzzles/transitions was just a sight to behold. The clockwork designs are also really well done and the pastel colors were an amazing choice. Even for such a short level,replaying is always a lot of fun.

5. Honorable Mention - Swap Force 3DS - The Party Town(Night)/Down the River/The Haunted Villa
I cannot choose between one of those. If there's another reason for me to prefer this version other than the plot, is the much more varied level designs(from a over-repaired port,to living forest,to beaches,to asian-themed land), and the bigger surprise comes in the penultimate world when the Undead levels are a scary Dia de Los Muertos themed wasteland, quite a change from the dungeon-like areas on the other games. The visuals are all either cheerful or horrifying, and it's an amazing clash that works all around in my opinion. And as a bonus, those levels and the final boss actually have 3DS-only songs!

Well,those are my opinions,but if you don't feel like it no need to write a wall of text like me to explain why you like your choices :U
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#2 Posted: 21:17:28 04/05/2015
In Spyro's Adventure, Dragon's Peak. Because compared to the other adventure packs, it was either this one, the one where you play memory games, the one with a mediocre boss fight, or the one with too much ice and an annoying mini-game at the end.

In Giants, Molekin Mountain. I don't know why, I just think it's a good level. And the, quote unquote "boss fight" with Pipsqueak was humorous.

In Swap Force, Tower of Time or Sheep Wreck Islands. Because the story levels are just pretty generic to me.

In Trap Team, Secret Sewers of Supreme Stink. Because one, if I remember correctly it was the first level I 100% completed in that game, and two because of that infinite villain timer glitch.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
Skylander3112 Gold Sparx Gems: 2115
#3 Posted: 21:33:07 04/05/2015
In SSA, Lair of Kaos
In SG, Bringing Order to Kaos
In SSF, Motherly Mayhem
In STT, The Ultimate Weapon

As you can see, all my favourite levels included a big boss battle
samuraituretsky Yellow Sparx Gems: 1430
#4 Posted: 22:46:47 04/05/2015
I think Giants Chapter 7: Wilikin Village is my favorite. The whole switching dimensions thing, the Wilikins in general, and topped off with the original Chompy Mage dialogue and boss fight... can't be beat in my personal opinion.
---
smilie smilie smilie smilie
#5 Posted: 19:57:46 05/05/2015 | Topic Creator
Just in case I wasn't too clear, I meant a level from every game. There were plenty of favorite levels overall in the past.
---
Blink182Bouncer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1659
#6 Posted: 22:14:44 05/05/2015
Trap Team - Clock Town. Nice sunny and relaxing with a great use of the less is more formula

Swap Force - Between Cascade Glade and Iron Jaw Gulch (my two favorite levels) Iron Jaw wins due to its simplicity, beautiful graphics, and balance of Story, Combat and lack of annoying mini-games

Giants - This game is a masterpiece with a bunch of great levels but Drill Xs Big Rig wins out. Love the song boss fight and the background/enviroment is wonderfully detailed

SSA - Falling Forest because it is so unique for a Skylanders game environmentally
---
Still Waiting For Legendary Tom DeLonge To Come In The Blink-182 Triple Pack.
WHY DID THEY MAKE MATT SKIBA "CALIFORNIA EDITION EXCLUSIVE"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:20:44 05/05/2015 by Blink182Bouncer
fairyland Emerald Sparx Gems: 3800
#7 Posted: 22:40:15 05/05/2015
Quote: samuraituretsky
I think Giants Chapter 7: Wilikin Village is my favorite. The whole switching dimensions thing, the Wilikins in general, and topped off with the original Chompy Mage dialogue and boss fight... can't be beat in my personal opinion.

This is exactly how I feel! The most rememberable level ever for Skylanders. The rest is simply a blur, none really standing out any better than the rest. The Wilikin one was only one I was blown away by. I had high expectations for their return in Trap Team but it ended up being mostly a forgettable cameo.
---
Stay Cool!
#8 Posted: 12:16:06 07/05/2015 | Topic Creator
Definately liked Wilikin Village, but the interaction with the village was such a small part of the level it just didn't feel like enough, same issue with Wilikin Workshop. Would be more entertaining to see houses on the hills and not just in the two flat areas with real activity in just one of them.
---
TheShadowDragon Ripto Gems: 2886
#9 Posted: 14:53:11 07/05/2015
1) Spyro's Adventure - Darklight Crypt
One of my favorite creepy places where ghosts live. It is one of the Adventure Pack Chapters where I can unlock having pies in every other levels.

2) Giants - The Oracle
It has a lot more atmospheric and creative backgrounds than the others.

3) Swap Force - Tower of Time
Messing with the order of time is one of the most comedic parts of playing this game.

4) Trap Team - The Future of Skylands
We see what Skylands look like in the next 10,000 years. Also, it is the only place where I enjoy battling against Wolfgang (my most favorite Undead Villain).
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12760
#10 Posted: 20:06:04 07/05/2015
SSA - Dragon's Peak
SG - The Oracle
SSF - Tower of Time
STT - Telescope Towers
goldenrushducks Yellow Sparx Gems: 1572
#11 Posted: 21:44:55 07/05/2015
SSA - leviathan lagoon
SG - skylands 10,000 years ago
SSF - none
STT - haven't played both yet.
abstractsardine Gold Sparx Gems: 2244
#12 Posted: 15:45:46 08/05/2015
SSA - Lair of Kaos
SG - The Oracle
SSF - Cascade Glade
STT - Rainfish Riviera
zookinator Platinum Sparx Gems: 5694
#13 Posted: 22:57:54 10/05/2015
SSA: Lava Lakes Railway
I simply the design of he level, and it probably has the best soundtrack in all of SSA in my opinion, next to Stonetown of course. The whole repairing of the train track and the fiery denizens, I just like it. Plus, it did take a slight bit longer to play.

SG: The Lost City of Arkus
This was a tough decision for me, particularly between this and Drill-X's Big Rig, but I ultimately chose this. The puzzle's are simple, but this was the level I had leveled up most of my characters to 15, and I love the music and the variety of enemies inside. Nothing could change this, besides maybe another listening of Drill-X's song...

SSF: Tower of Time
To be honest, I wasn't much for the SSF levels, considering that I was rather bored by the play. The battle arenas were the best in that game, however. Anyway, I am a sucker for all things involving manipulating time, and so the Tower of Time was an obvious choice. Besides, the adventure piece is probably my favorite, and the magic items were pretty good as well, especially the diamond. That saved me some boring gameplay...

STT: Midnight Museum
Despite the criticism for the pinball puzzles(which I totally respect!), I actually enjoy this level. The music I love, and Nightshade is one of my favorite Villains to use when I'm not trying to attain four stars in Nightmare Mode (oh yes, I dare to get all the stars for Nightmare). I also enjoy the other Dark Villains and Skylanders, so this was the level to do the job.
---
Skylanders Colosseum Clash
A Fanmade Skylanders Boardgame
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#14 Posted: 00:31:21 11/05/2015
SSA- Lava Lakes Railway

SG- The one with the frozen robot that i can't remember the name of.

SSF- the burning forest one that i can't remember the name of.

STT- IDK
Yoshicrashcart8 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3610
#15 Posted: 01:58:14 11/05/2015
SSA: Empire of Ice
SG: Drill-X's Big Rig
SSF: Motleyville
SST: Midnight Museum
---
smilie smilie smilie Dark element is best element. smilie smilie smilie
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#16 Posted: 02:20:35 11/05/2015
SSA ~ Dragons Peak
SG ~ Drill X's Big Rig
SSF ~ Motleyville
STT ~ The Golden Desert

Honorable Mentions:
SSA ~ Empire Of Ice, Lava Lakes Railway, Lair Of Kaos
SG ~ Glacier Gully, Autogyro Adventure, The Oracle
SSF ~ Mount Cloudbreak, Tower Of Time, Fantasm Forest
STT ~ Phoenix Psanctuary, The Ultimate Weapon, The Future Of Skylands, Secret Sewers Of Supreme Stink
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:58:42 18/05/2015 by Badwolfmichael
Sworn2Skylands Yellow Sparx Gems: 1353
#17 Posted: 21:02:04 13/05/2015
Skylanders Spyro's Adventure: Can't name just one!

Skylanders Giants: Aerial Attack: I think this one is a lot of fun. Granted, yes, some users raise a good point about The Oracle being a creative, interesting level, however, most of the level segments in The Oracle are too short for my liking. Meanwhile, Aerial Attack has a lot of interesting combat, the elemental gates are long and fun to explore, the enemies are more challenging than usual and it's a great place to complete the quest where you have to throw 30 bombs if you're patient enough.

Skylanders SWAP Force: Sheepwreck Islands: The adventure packs were fun in this game, and it was hard to decide between this and the Tower of Time. However, the time stopping was a little cheap in Tower of Time (even with the Time Mages around) and kind of took it down a notch for me. Sheepwreck Islands, on the other hand, has a fun boss battle at the end and introduces Vortex Geargolems, which were good at keeping me on my toes. The level was fun to explore too.

Skylanders Trap Team: Skyhighlands: I like that this level starts out differently in a copter, while shooting down pirate airships, and the level was more challenging in general. The only things I don't like about this level are its short duration and a very annoying bug in my game that randomly makes Tae Kwon Crow's pink pulse on the ground unavoidable.
Echo2VX Gold Sparx Gems: 2918
#18 Posted: 15:57:46 18/05/2015
STT - Sunscraper Spire
SSF - Twisty Tunnels
SG - Drill X's Big Rig
SSA - Battlefield / Crawling Catacombs
---
Together, we can stop sheep abuse!
Top 10: smilie>smilie>smilie>smilie>smilie>smilie>smilie>smilie>smilie>smilie
andy2467 Blue Sparx Gems: 880
#19 Posted: 22:39:54 18/05/2015
SSA: Lair of Kaos (Chapter 22)

SG: Kaos' Castle (Chapter 9), Drill X's Big Rig (Chapter 11)

Haven't played Swap Force or Trap Team

I also liked The Oracle (Chapter 13) from SG, and I kind of really enjoyed all of the SSA levels except for Dragon's Peak (Chapter 26)
---
smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#20 Posted: 22:59:53 18/05/2015
Too many so I'll list all my favorites for each game.

SSA: Perilous Pastures, Dark Water Cove Leviathan Lagoon and Stone Town

Giants: Kaos' Kastle, AIR SHIP ATTACK and the Oracle.

SF: Cascade Glade, Mud Water Hollow, Iron Jaw Gultch, Motleyville and FrostFest Mountains ( love it's remix of Glaicer Gulley. Just gorgeous)

TT: Soda Springs, Know-it All Island, Monster Marsh and Future of Skylands.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
spyrocrash Platinum Sparx Gems: 5012
#21 Posted: 23:58:36 18/05/2015
Spyro's Adventure: Perilous Pastures. It reminds of some of the levels from the older Spyro games (like Dragon Village) and the music is really relaxing to draw to.

Giants: Bringing Order To Kaos. This level really challenges your skills and it's great for trying to level up your Skylanders. I also like Kaos' intercom dialogue.

Swap Force: Fantasm Forest. I felt like this level gave off the game's fantasy world theme with the vibrant colors. And the Kaos mini boss was cool to (totally unexpected).

Trap Team: Mirror of Mystery. I have never played the level, but I like the idea and design of it. Toys for Bob, Vicarious Visions, and the 3DS deevelopers should explore the idea of alternate universe for a later game.
sky-dragon Emerald Sparx Gems: 3206
#22 Posted: 06:42:16 19/05/2015
SSA arkeyans vault
Giants cutthroat carnival
SSF the desert one were you grind rails
STT future of skylands
---
"ryuujin no ken wo kurae!"
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me