darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Trap Team > That one empty spot in the Skylander Academy Courtyard...
Page 1 of 1
That one empty spot in the Skylander Academy Courtyard... [CLOSED]
TJRedeemer Blue Sparx Gems: 596
#1 Posted: 16:31:01 24/04/2015 | Topic Creator
...does it ever get filled? The one I'm talking about is the one that is next to the Kaos statue. I would imagine that there would be some sort of other statue there. If so, how do you acquire it?
dark52 Spyro the Admin Gems: 13885
#2 Posted: 16:34:14 24/04/2015
That would be where the Legendary Treasure from Nightmare Express goes.
---
If for any reason you're not completely satisfied, I hate you.
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#3 Posted: 16:49:54 24/04/2015
A large golden statue of Flynn should appear there after you collect the Legendary Treasure in the Nightmare Express.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:50:20 24/04/2015 by Matteomax
The Bone Chompy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1201
#4 Posted: 18:16:22 24/04/2015
By the way...speaking of open areas, you know how when you start the game, you spawn next to the rigt of the Wanted Villain Posters? What;s that open space toward the right of spawn?
---
^This might be sarcasm.
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#5 Posted: 18:54:14 24/04/2015
Pretty sure it's nothing,you just activate one or two Legendary Treasures from there,but the docks don't seem to ever have anything on their own as far as I know. Same for the Turret Tower.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:54:27 24/04/2015 by Bifrost
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#6 Posted: 18:57:24 24/04/2015
Ugh, the turret room is completely pointless. Clearly they didn't have a enough time to put, ya know, THE TURRET IN!
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#7 Posted: 19:11:18 24/04/2015
With the bug testing the game had I think that TFB was forced by Acti to rush the game out of the door. And since Acti hates patches for this series not even something as simple as reusing models from Skyhighlands would happen.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:11:38 24/04/2015 by Bifrost
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#8 Posted: 19:24:17 24/04/2015
Quote: Bifrost
With the bug testing the game had I think that TFB was forced by Acti to rush the game out of the door. And since Acti hates patches for this series not even something as simple as reusing models from Skyhighlands would happen.

It was clear both in the pregame marketing and delivered results they needed more time. Or was bad at managing the time they had.
#9 Posted: 19:38:10 24/04/2015
Usually the latter,since it's a yearly game. You're expected some mismanagement if it's a small or indie company but with two years they could've at least thought to cut those unfinished features to save disk space. Heck,might even be because of the trap technology, with so many VAs and scripts to activate their lines to coordinate they must've had to wait for third party companies to finish things before they could.
---
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#10 Posted: 19:48:06 24/04/2015
I also think that the Trap gimmick came late into development.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#11 Posted: 20:17:07 24/04/2015
Quote: HeyitsHotDog
I also think that the Trap gimmick came late into development.

If anything truly came late that would be the Trap Masters in my opinion.
Trap Team revolves around the trapping mechanic.

Trap Masters are a nice extra.
But they could have been better.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
ShinkenRed Gold Sparx Gems: 2651
#12 Posted: 20:37:46 24/04/2015
Skylanders Giants 2: Trap Team!
---
Unique Character roster:
S:SA: 32/32, S:G: 16/16, S:SF: 32/32, S:TT: 36/36
#13 Posted: 20:41:56 24/04/2015
Actually, I remember in interviews the first thing they did when given the go to start Trap Team is make the new gimmick - but they specifically said it was the speaker in the portal,not traps. Considering the portal never really responded to ingame scripts(it changed colors depending on the skylander and that's it), one can only wonder how long they took to do that, and how long it took until Acti decided it was worth publishing the gimmick as it was.

It's pretty much like Iwata said one, paraphrasing; if you delay a game it might be good one day but if you rush it out of the door it might be bad forever. Too bad Activision is going to axe the franchise for a possible rushed mess before they admit they're the ones making the wrong choices.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:42:40 24/04/2015 by Bifrost
wild_defender Green Sparx Gems: 465
#14 Posted: 23:15:10 24/04/2015
It's weird how the game does feel incomplete.

The villain mechanic is decent but I don't understand why they put soo much effort into making 50 villains. With the voicing, cut scenes quest things etc. they wouldntbe easy additions. Why not have just made 1 villain for each level so that all up there would've been 2 for each element .

Having 50 villains would usually give players diverse tag team options but when the villains having the same thing wrong with them that hats do ( gradiented power ranging from pointless to OP), there's only ~10 good ones .

It just feels completely like they forced out 50 villains so they could force out 50 different traps people could possibly buy. Its hard to tell who is responsible for making these types decisions . Activision, coz they wanted more prophet, or toys for bob coz they wanted the game to look more successful then SF.

All we can hope for is that with the rising toys to life game options people have, activision will encourage the games to be more reserved, with a bigger focus on game play and content and a secondary focus on toys gimics.
---
Anyone else think Short Cut should be making jokes about running with scissors?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:15:55 24/04/2015 by wild_defender
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3975
#15 Posted: 23:42:19 24/04/2015
"Cool, a new Skylanders game! Ah... no gimmick? Boring..."
---
bye
TJRedeemer Blue Sparx Gems: 596
#16 Posted: 00:43:51 25/04/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: Bifrost
And since Acti hates patches for this series not even something as simple as reusing models from Skyhighlands would happen.

That's probably just due to the fact that the game is on the Wii as well, and it's not capable of downloading patches. Not to diss on the Wii too much, but I think if they stopped making Skylanders for it the games will go up in quality. It is such an obsolete console by today's standards, making the games for it in mind is only hindering them. Actually, maybe instead of cutting off that console, hand the Wii version to another developer to make a totally unique game each year different from it's Wii U counterpart.
#17 Posted: 00:50:24 25/04/2015
Quote: TJRedeemer

That's probably just due to the fact that the game is on the Wii as well, and it's not capable of downloading patches. Not to diss on the Wii too much, but I think if they stopped making Skylanders for it the games will go up in quality. It is such an obsolete console by today's standards, making the games for it in mind is only hindering them. Actually, maybe instead of cutting off that console, hand the Wii version to another developer to make a totally unique game each year different from it's Wii U counterpart.

That excuse stopped being valid after SF. They ignored the Wii hard this time with even worse graphical downgrades than before and gamebreaking bugs abound, if they care so much to release that as it was,they could've given patches to the other versions and let it sink with the Wii as its last non-shovelware game. Really can't let the current-gen games suffer because of last-gen, especially for things like fixing major bugs and finishing features.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 00:51:02 25/04/2015 by Bifrost
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#18 Posted: 06:07:11 25/04/2015
Quote: newkill
"Cool, a new Skylanders game! Ah... no gimmick? Boring..."

"Cool, a new Skylanders game! Ah... No gimmick?
Let's first see how the gameplay, the Story, the characters, the graphics, the replayability, the levels and the extra content are since they have nothing else to focus on, now." smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#19 Posted: 06:13:37 25/04/2015
Quote: wild_defender
It's weird how the game does feel incomplete.

The villain mechanic is decent but I don't understand why they put soo much effort into making 50 villains. With the voicing, cut scenes quest things etc. they wouldntbe easy additions. Why not have just made 1 villain for each level so that all up there would've been 2 for each element .

Having 50 villains would usually give players diverse tag team options but when the villains having the same thing wrong with them that hats do ( gradiented power ranging from pointless to OP), there's only ~10 good ones .

It just feels completely like they forced out 50 villains so they could force out 50 different traps people could possibly buy. Its hard to tell who is responsible for making these types decisions . Activision, coz they wanted more prophet, or toys for bob coz they wanted the game to look more successful then SF.

All we can hope for is that with the rising toys to life game options people have, activision will encourage the games to be more reserved, with a bigger focus on game play and content and a secondary focus on toys gimics.

Watched the Trap Team reveal and demo again (for reasons unknown) and it felt just as meh as when it first came around. Like you, less with higher quality would've been good. Amazing they were pushing the "teaming" aspects but there REALLY isn't too much strategy with the villains, except for ones like Rage Mage and Broccoli Guy where they actually help the skylander. I also couldn't really get into the fact that an ugly bad guy was fighting for me and was ultimately more effective even with a skylander you worked to buy all the upgrades. They actually cheapened their prize and the experience for a cheap gimmick. Unlike the other games, this one really fits the term.

I feel gameplay has to be the innovation...two games of nothing really changing in the game itself is unacceptable. There's a huge debt that has to be balanced with the toys. Still interesting Trap Team is at a 1.6 million gap to reach Swap Force sales. That means fewer customers have to buy the ever expanding toy line. I'm betting we'll actually see a toy reduction this year.

Paint me gloom and doom, but I sense a higher level of of frustration and exasperation.
Edited 5 times - Last edited at 06:19:32 25/04/2015 by TakeYourLemons
Plordigian Blue Sparx Gems: 626
#20 Posted: 09:01:50 25/04/2015
Obviously both Disney and Nintendo's research taught them that quality of in-game content was practically irrelevant. Which means Acti doesn't have to make it that amazing to still be the best. While it was imperative that Swap Force raise the bar (to validate VV's new role), after that sweet billions mark was reached, they knew that the Skylanders brand could sell almost on the power of that brand alone, hence a drop in quality. Sould we expect the same this year?

Why offer traps capable of holding multiple villains if people will buy one per villain? Why release only 2 total villains per element when people might buy six traps per element? Does the massive and varied amount of merchandise distract from the rip-off? Or would only a couple traps per element be boring?
---
1Jn47
Buuzer Hunter Gems: 6546
#21 Posted: 14:18:41 25/04/2015
Guys we are going off topic. The user got his reply. I'm closing.
---
smilie smilie smilie youtube.com/user/GOWBuuzer smilie smilie smilie
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me