Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Site Polls > Favourite Upgrade Path: Krypt King
Page 1 of 1

Favourite Upgrade Path: Krypt King

Lord of the Sword Poll 55% (132)
Swarm Summoner Poll 13% (31)
Don't have him Poll 16% (39)
Never played Trap Team Poll 16% (38)
Favourite Upgrade Path: Krypt King
dark52 Spyro the Admin Gems: 13873
#1 Posted: 21:55:12 18/04/2015 | Topic Creator
A very close decision that time, Funny Bone's second path "Bone Zoner" just about takes it. On we go to the former Giant now the Trap Master known to the world as Krypt King.

On the one path you help power up his giant translucent sword while on the other you improve his swarm of undead insects.

[User Posted Image] Lord of the Sword
Enchanted Armor The Rich Get Richer Combo Attacks
[User Posted Image] [User Posted Image] [User Posted Image]
Armor is increased upon defeating an enemy. Attacks do increased damage after defeating an enemy. Press (Square), (Square), and Hold (O) for a Sabre Spin combo. Press (Square), (Square), and Hold (Triangle) for a Nether Blast combo.
Swarm Summoner
Stunning Sting Stir Up the Swarm Parasitic Power
[User Posted Image] [User Posted Image] [User Posted Image]
Swarm attack now stuns enemies. Hit the Swarm with your Traptanium Broadsword to power it up. Get healed by the Swarm after it disappears.
---
If for any reason you're not completely satisfied, I hate you.
Plordigian Blue Sparx Gems: 626
#2 Posted: 23:22:43 18/04/2015
Swarm Summoner is good because you can heal at any time, basically with the press of a button, and the swarm teams nicely with the flying sword. The bonuses from the other path do not seem too great.
---
1Jn47
fairyland Emerald Sparx Gems: 3800
#3 Posted: 00:27:23 19/04/2015
I done Lord of the Sword but from what I understand, Swarm Summoner is actually the better path. I'll probably end up switching someday, but he's not exactly one of my favs so it could take years before I'll get around to it. I only play him when I need to unlock some gates.
---
Stay Cool!
spyrothe111 Ripto Gems: 3702
#4 Posted: 01:13:44 19/04/2015
Lord of the Sword.
But Swarm Summoner is great too.
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#5 Posted: 02:11:12 19/04/2015
Both are good depending on playstyle,buy Swarm Summoner is the one I prefer the most. Cancelling the swarm into jumps makes escaping from groups much easier which is a big problem for Krypt King since he's so horribly slow, and stuns and healing only sweeten the deal. and once you have 5 or more swarms out, you can just start hitting them as you close in for even more damage and healing.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
TheShadowDragon Ripto Gems: 2886
#6 Posted: 04:37:53 19/04/2015
Lord of the Sword is definitely better than Swarm Summoner. I like Krypt King's Traptanium Broadsword.
Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2672
#7 Posted: 07:26:00 19/04/2015
Swarm summoner is so underrated. Stand back, hit his swarms and he is pretty hard to stop. He is pretty slow and awkward so it's an ideal path for him.
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#8 Posted: 15:45:45 19/04/2015
Lord of the Sword seems better, simply because the Swarm takes too long to fully charge up, and the Sword deals way more damage.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
Dark Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2623
#9 Posted: 08:58:48 20/04/2015
I prefer the sword, coz its a sword, who doesn't want a giant sword?
---
Psn-Zydren8cookie, FC 3024-5345-8692
#10 Posted: 11:59:45 20/04/2015
Quote: Dark Snap Shot

After Ignitor,Chop Chop, Thunderbolt,Ninjini,Knight Mare,Knight Light, and sorta Rip Tide?

...I could do WITHOUT a sword.
---
Sworn2Skylands Yellow Sparx Gems: 1353
#11 Posted: 02:14:40 21/04/2015
I think Swarm Summoner is so much better. Firstly(As far as I can tell), the bonuses you get from Enchanted Armor and The Rich Get Richer go away whenever you go to a new area. Next, the combos you get on Lord of the Sword---while nice---don't help as much as Stunning Sting and Parasitic Power and really aren't show-stopping compared to his default combo. Swarm Summoner(on the other hand) stuns foes and as Plordigian mentioned, combining the Haunted Sword with the swarm is awesome! Slow your foes' advance while the bugs eat them up. Lastly, one thing I don't think anyone has mentioned is that once Krypt King has coughed up the swarm, he is free to move and do as he pleases while he can potentially leave attacking to the bugs if things are getting ugly. Upgrading that helps. With the sword you have to be in close range and you can't run and attack like you can with the swarm. That kind of flexibility is worth a lot more.
Dark Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2623
#12 Posted: 07:58:46 21/04/2015
Quote: Bifrost
Quote: Dark Snap Shot

After Ignitor,Chop Chop, Thunderbolt,Ninjini,Knight Mare,Knight Light, and sorta Rip Tide?

...I could do WITHOUT a sword.

But it's a sword,
---
Psn-Zydren8cookie, FC 3024-5345-8692
#13 Posted: 11:32:03 21/04/2015
There are more blades on a stick that make for cool weapons than that. When's Halberd wielding skylander.
---
Plordigian Blue Sparx Gems: 626
#14 Posted: 23:35:45 21/04/2015
Quote: Bifrost
There are more blades on a stick that make for cool weapons than that. When's Halberd wielding skylander.

Doesn't Fright Rider wield a halberd?

More halberds would be cool. We might have to wait for Dark Soullanders.
---
1Jn47
#15 Posted: 23:45:24 21/04/2015
His spear turns into a Halberd for the last normal upgrade,but it becomes a Spear again on the combo path.

But other characters with different weapons, blades on stick included,are always welcome. Knives,ribbon blades,arm claws even if parallels to Wolverine are inevitable. The devs could probably go play some Soulcalibur and have weapon ideas for the next few games.
---
PopFizzMagic Yellow Sparx Gems: 1235
#16 Posted: 20:34:05 23/04/2015
Lord of thr sword, definatly. I got the SS on intro, hate!
---
PIKA
PIKA
PIKACHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
SkylandrPurists Emerald Sparx Gems: 3389
#17 Posted: 19:09:21 30/08/2015
smilie Cindy
Swarm Summoner
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
smiliesmilie
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#18 Posted: 14:37:24 12/09/2015
I took Swarm Summoner . WHo could refuse free healing and stun attacks ? Swarm is a great range attack that compliment KK,s slow move speed . The damage is monsterous if the swarm is both huge and berserk .

Defeating an enemy to get your extra armour and damage bonus means 2/3 of that sword path is useless for single boss monster fights.
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:45:42 12/09/2015 by Dark fhoenix
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me