darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Trap Team > Is Vicarious Visions working on Sklanders 5?
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
Is Vicarious Visions working on Sklanders 5?
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#51 Posted: 16:13:46 19/04/2015
Quote: GameMaster78
Well, I'm starting to think Skylanders 5 is a myth. 19th of April and still word on an announcement.

I'm wondering if they're even going to do an announcement this year or save it for E3, which to me shows signs that it could be hurting? I just don't see what the hold up is.

They already confirmed it will be released this fall.
It has been the same, last year.

They announced the reveal a week or so before the actual event.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Blink182Bouncer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1659
#52 Posted: 17:29:54 19/04/2015
VV is weird but... I'm sure they'll do a.... High quality, enjoyable game. Looking back, nostalgically Swap Force had many more memories and intersting secrets than anything TT has done so far.
Hated TT and TFB all the levels were the same. 3 marsh levels? Seriously? It was an ugly, boring, depressing game.

I'm just guessing 5-5 (April 5th) will be when they announce Sky5
---
Still Waiting For Legendary Tom DeLonge To Come In The Blink-182 Triple Pack.
WHY DID THEY MAKE MATT SKIBA "CALIFORNIA EDITION EXCLUSIVE"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:31:24 19/04/2015 by Blink182Bouncer
Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#53 Posted: 17:33:24 19/04/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: Blink182Bouncer

...It's April 19th.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
#54 Posted: 17:36:30 19/04/2015
Quote: Bionichute

...It's April 19th.

Today is April 19th
Haven't announced Sky 5 yet
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:36:46 19/04/2015 by Blink182Bouncer
Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#55 Posted: 17:38:40 19/04/2015 | Topic Creator

...It's April 19th.

Today is April 19th

I'm saying that you're predicting it to be revealed like 14 days ago.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
#56 Posted: 17:43:32 19/04/2015

...It's April 19th.

Today is April 19th

I meant May 5th, sorry
5/5/15
Thanks for the catch
---
#57 Posted: 18:30:51 19/04/2015
VV is weird but... I'm sure they'll do a.... High quality, enjoyable game. Looking back, nostalgically Swap Force had many more memories and intersting secrets than anything TT has done so far.
Hated TT and TFB all the levels were the same. 3 marsh levels? Seriously? It was an ugly, boring, depressing game.

Those marsh levels (I assume you are talking about Rainfish Riviera and Monster Marsh, can't think about a third one with similar settings) are TOTALLY different from Generic Desert/Snow level number 1, 2 and 3 of SWAP Force right? smilie

Let's be honest, one can like it or not but TfB did the best job in terms of level diversity, content and lenght.
At least as of now.

V.V. was at its first Skylanders game after all.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#58 Posted: 19:27:30 19/04/2015
Quote: Drek95

Those marsh levels (I assume you are talking about Rainfish Riviera and Monster Marsh, can't think about a third one with similar settings) are TOTALLY different from Generic Desert/Snow level number 1, 2 and 3 of SWAP Force right? smilie

Let's be honest, one can like it or not but TfB did the best job in terms of level diversity, content and lenght.
At least as of now.

Well TT doesnt have heroic chalenges. At least SF and bonus levels.
No special trap zones (Like the Swap Zones) or anything cool to spend money on after you beat the game (like legendary treasures in SF) or accolades. Hard to say TT has more content. Also I can play Swap Force right now and still find secret areas i didn't know existed, hard to say the same for TT.
Admittedly, Cascade Glade, Iron Jaw Gulch, and Winter Keep were really generic, but every other one had it's own spin on the formula.
---
#59 Posted: 20:34:50 19/04/2015

At least as of now.

Well TT doesnt have heroic chalenges. At least SF and bonus levels.
No special trap zones (Like the Swap Zones) or anything cool to spend money on after you beat the game (like legendary treasures in SF) or accolades. Hard to say TT has more content. Also I can play Swap Force right now and still find secret areas i didn't know existed, hard to say the same for TT.
Admittedly, Cascade Glade, Iron Jaw Gulch, and Winter Keep were really generic, but every other one had it's own spin on the formula.

I was talking about content inside the levels.
SWAP Force has much more content overall.

Regarding secrets, I feel the exact opposite.
Still finding more unknown areas in Trap Team and completely explored SWAP Force after 3 or 4 months.

They are all subjective things. smilie

I actually would have liked Iron Jaw Gulch/Motleyville/Twisty Tunnels and Boney Islands/Winter Keep/Frostfest Mountains if they were 2 single levels with more variety inside them.

I still think Cascade Glade, Mudwater Hollow and Rampant Ruins were unique enough to be different levels.
TfB did shorter but more varied levels, and more of them.

A matteo of personal tastes.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#60 Posted: 21:00:49 19/04/2015
Swap Force gives me the impression that they were planning for 18 levels each with 3 areas...but simply ran out of time. Would've preferred more area diversity as well, and I'm sure they will fix this in the next game. Content wise, Swap Force is the king...no subjectivity required.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:01:12 19/04/2015 by TakeYourLemons
#61 Posted: 21:19:37 19/04/2015
Quote: TakeYourLemons
Swap Force gives me the impression that they were planning for 18 levels each with 3 areas...but simply ran out of time. Would've preferred more area diversity as well, and I'm sure they will fix this in the next game. Content wise, Swap Force is the king...no subjectivity required.

That. Would. Have. Been. Epic.

With more checkpoints mid levels of course.
But still EPIC.

Hope they'll be able to complete what they want to with Skylanders 5.

I ideally hope they will create a mix between Trap Team's style and mood and SWAP Force's content and innovation. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
JetVac96 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1973
#62 Posted: 22:09:54 19/04/2015
Swap Force is my favorite Skylander game so far, so I'm excited to see what's to come.
---
"Sucks to be you!" - Jet Vac
kaosmumishot Emerald Sparx Gems: 3271
#63 Posted: 02:04:10 20/04/2015
I really don't like Swap Force. I hated the graphics, the long levels, the long load times etc. The story felt lame to me. It felt like their idea of a good story was using NPC's to explain what was happening, rather than just letting it happen. Not that the magic volcano was a bad idea. I mean more about how each level related to the story. They did have some really unique levels and terrains though, but I found the game play itself annoying and ultimately boring. But it was their first go.

With Trap Team it almost feels like TFB were relying on the trapping gimmick to carry the game and didn't bother creating enough content. No HC's, no quests etc.

But even though I hated parts of Swap Force I'm really enthusiastic about S5. I think VV are probably very capable and will have listened to feedback and I think they will create a great game. I'm happy for there to be a gimmick, I just hope that they don't rely on the gimmick and focus on making a really strong story with lots of content.

There has been mention of characters and I did find quite a few of the SF characters to be boring and very similar to earlier characters, but they had some really good ones too. I actually find Trap Team characters to be more boring, but it's got to start getting hard to be really unique when you've released so many.
#64 Posted: 04:18:25 20/04/2015
IMO VV listened more in their inaugural effort than TfB has in their last two (giving their first game a pass). To compare and contrast I was complaining big time with the lack of HC is Swap Force...after looking at Trap Team's content effort, Swap Force looks much better by comparison. Not sure if the sheer number of figures is now impacting content...if it is...I think we need to have a talk.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:24:06 20/04/2015 by TakeYourLemons
wild_defender Green Sparx Gems: 465
#65 Posted: 06:55:05 20/04/2015

Today is April 19th

I meant May 5th, sorry
5/5/15
Thanks for the catch

I think 5/5/2015 is looking pretty likely for the fifth anniversary game now too . Just for fun.

The skylandersfranchise doesn't need to reveal and advertise stuff 6 + months ahead of release . It's better they keep it quiet for now. The other toys to life franchises are measured against skylanders success so the more they keep secret the better at this point. Being the last to reveal also creates quite a bit of hype. They might even keep it quiet till DI gets revealed.
---
Anyone else think Short Cut should be making jokes about running with scissors?
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#66 Posted: 11:42:48 20/04/2015
Well, now that Rift into Overdrive was revealed, it's time to wonder - will it be the same writer as the actual game? Onk Beakman is known for being pretty entertaining but he never could do a single game's story(and maybe for the best,since he has only the Mask of Power books and Machine of Doom under his belt, but he proved he's REALLY good in keeping character), but then there's David A. Rodriguez which seems to be associated with VV from the get go, but he's working on the comic unless he's leaving it after Return of the Dragon King.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:43:59 20/04/2015 by Bifrost
Iganagor Emerald Sparx Gems: 3552
#67 Posted: 04:23:25 21/04/2015
Can we just end this discussion and agree Trap Team was better than Suck Force?

(and they all say yes)
---
Summoning a STUNFISK
1. Go to a beach - 2. Fall flat on the ground - 3. Recite Stunfisks fart-cry
4. Flop 618 times - You have a STUNFISK!
Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#68 Posted: 04:50:28 21/04/2015
Quote: Iganagor
Can we just end this discussion and agree Trap Team was better than Suck Force?

(and they all say yes)

Never gonna happen smilie .

Swap Force superior, Trap Team inferior. (in my best Sound Wave voice).

V.V. will (they better) knock it out of the park. Swap Force was the best Skylander game evar made!!! Crap team will go the way of E.T. Atari and die in a land fill. lol. See opinions are never wrong.

I still can't understand the hate for Swap Force when we gained so many features over Giants. We can quantifiably state what we lost in Trap Team and some people are o.k. with that...that's odd to me.
Iganagor Emerald Sparx Gems: 3552
#69 Posted: 04:56:06 21/04/2015
I hope VV don't take away the traps... dat is what I care most about
---
Summoning a STUNFISK
1. Go to a beach - 2. Fall flat on the ground - 3. Recite Stunfisks fart-cry
4. Flop 618 times - You have a STUNFISK!
Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#70 Posted: 05:01:21 21/04/2015
If traps do go away I see that being more Activision's influence than T.F.B. or V.V. Anything that affects the marketing trends or overall sales would come down to the company that's paying for it and that's Acti. They have to know though that if it's officially announced that Traps aren't future forward, their sales will pretty much screech to a halt. That's why I was thinking they might wait until E3 (not changing my guess date for the announcement though...even though E3 was my second guess smilie ) since presumably, wave 5 will have been released along with all the traps. I still can't find any light or dark traps.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:01:59 21/04/2015 by Tigorus
#71 Posted: 06:00:23 21/04/2015
I have a better idea.

Can we all just agree that no game is objectively better than the other and we can all have preferences?
Like, someone could care about a good portion of the content they removed in Trap Team and someone else may not...?

Thanks.
I think this community could show more maturity than "Uuuuh, SWAP Force sucks!" or "Boooo for Crap Team!".
Of course I'm exaggerating a bit, but so are you, isn't it? smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#72 Posted: 06:20:13 21/04/2015
yes....and no. smilie

Totally get someone may just like one game more than another (in terms of gameplay)...however if I unemotionally take a list on a feature by feature basis, we technically get more check marks in one game over another.

But yeah, this debate is like the never ending battle...I'm ok with those with an opinion strong enough to voice it here to do it...I just know some of us have already said our piece.

Quote: GameMaster78
Well, I'm starting to think Skylanders 5 is a myth. 19th of April and still word on an announcement.

I'm wondering if they're even going to do an announcement this year or save it for E3, which to me shows signs that it could be hurting? I just don't see what the hold up is.

Entitled? hehe...I care not how long they wait...just as long as they come out guns blazing, crisp, clear and consistent and not the confused disaster that was the marketing effort of Trap Team. I also think they want to give the churning machine a rest...I mean we're still a half dozen figures away from wrapping up and it's close to May. I think it's safe to assume they will be later as the number of toys they push become larger in number.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 06:26:01 21/04/2015 by TakeYourLemons
XSparxX Emerald Sparx Gems: 4752
#73 Posted: 10:14:32 21/04/2015
Swap Force is the best Skylanders game currently. It reminded me of good old N64/PS1/PS2/Gamcube platform games. I love the long levels, design, gameplay and story. Trap Team was a mess in everything. I even don't understand the story of TT. It had no real story, the cutscenes was very boring even the beginning of the game was veeeerrrryyy boring compared to Swap Force.
The levels in Swap Force was full of fun new minigames like fishing, boating etc. In Trap Team have you ever done the same. The NPC's was very disappointing too. 90% of the NPC was Mabu's .... Boooring!

Some peoples disapprove VV for making Tony Hawk/Guitar Hero games? seriously? Toys for Bob making games like Madagascar and 102 Dalmatians, that is not better .. even worser.
---
"If I had any humanity left, I would have been crushed by the guilt by now."
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 10:14:56 21/04/2015 by XSparxX
#74 Posted: 11:49:09 21/04/2015
Quote: XSparxX

Some peoples disapprove VV for making Tony Hawk/Guitar Hero games? seriously? Toys for Bob making games like Madagascar and 102 Dalmatians, that is not better .. even worser.

VV did only PORTS of those games,the rest are all shovelware. TFB did the actual things,and they have quite a bit of people from their Star Control days still. And in fact, both were bought by Activision in 2005; one did,what,three games, and the other just took a nosedive in shovelware. I question the quality more of a company that will jump at anything over the course of the year than one that had much more time to work on a big project like Skylanders.
BUT let's please stop arguing which one is better. I prefer TFB,some prefer VV. We had the topic a thousand times. Let's just wait for news on the game and then draw our conclusions/complaining from that.
---
#75 Posted: 13:03:07 21/04/2015
I have a better idea.

Can we all just agree that no game is objectively better than the other and we can all have preferences?
Like, someone could care about a good portion of the content they removed in Trap Team and someone else may not...?

Thanks.
I think this community could show more maturity than "Uuuuh, SWAP Force sucks!" or "Boooo for Crap Team!".
Of course I'm exaggerating a bit, but so are you, isn't it? smilie

Completely agree.

This is a skylanders fan forum. If anyone literally thinks they hate one of the games that much they probably shouldn't be here.

If anyone wants to contribute they should at least be open minded enough to acknowledge that what they dislike about a game is exactly the same reason others may love it.

They are different games made by different companies, of course you are naturally gong to like one more then the other.

The last 2 games arnt that different to each other when played by average gamers. They both have a similar story with a couple of extra challenges you can do inside or outside story mode. Besides their gimics , Their differences arnt anything ground breaking.
---
#76 Posted: 13:20:17 21/04/2015
Technic wise I don't find neither SWAP Force not Trap Team to be objectively superior.
Physycs, graphics and combact systems are simply different, a developer's choice.
And a matter of tastes.

One thing I simply cannot deny (and wouldn't want to) is that Trap Team has more bugs and glitches with some of them beig truly painful.
That may be enough to make SWAP Force a technically better game.

However I remember having to reset my fully upgraded level 16 Free Ranger because I couldn't complete his personal Quest.
Which was worse than having to load the backup data on my USB when my Trap Team save got corrupted in unusual circumstances (even if this bug is FAR worse but having heard of it, I was prepared smilie ).

All the other things fall into the "personal tastes" category.
Level lenght, extra content, NPCs, designs, Story.
Even extra modes and such aren't automatically a plus.
Sure, more is usually better... Not always (not saying it's worse just... Well I felt kinda indifferent).

So far no game truly missed one of those aspects.
They are just choices.

That's why it annoys me when I hear that Trap Team is better than SWAP Force or vice versa.
There are so many things to consider that objectively speaking the differences which still remains are very small.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Greeble Emerald Sparx Gems: 4276
#77 Posted: 14:40:21 21/04/2015
I think the Vampire thing has been overdone now, we have 3 how many more do we need?

I have a few ideas for new characters in Sky 5, but they most likely won't happen.

Magic - Leprechaun
Earth - Troll
Fire - A lava dragon
Air - Flying Squirrel
Water - Mermaid
Life - Brownie
Light - A star
Dark - A living shadow
Tech - A Mabu cyborg
Undead - A banshee
---
^ You all know it's true
#78 Posted: 14:57:35 21/04/2015
A Banshee would have to be seriously kiddified to make it. Sonic Boom's screeches are already kind of unnerving, imagine one that's scary on purpose. Also I think Luminous is a humanoid star...? Not sure if his species are revealed,a LOT of guys from TT just have no obvious species and the extra material does no effort in clearing that up.
But the world's folklore and mythology is there for them to use. From Tengu to Dryads, from Rakshasa to Wendigo, or they could even throw caution to the air and go for real adult fears like the Boto Encantado,changelings and the Valravn. They just have to stop sticking with what's safe(because omg kiddies only know elves and centaurs) and go for it.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:58:04 21/04/2015 by Bifrost
Jeriba Yellow Sparx Gems: 1168
#79 Posted: 15:40:00 21/04/2015
There's a lot of creatures from fantasy and myth they could make, or some of the people or enemies of the other games (Molekin, Mabu, Cyclop, Wilikin, Greeble, Frostelf, Hippo, Brawlrus, etc.).
Street50 Gold Sparx Gems: 2060
#80 Posted: 16:31:01 21/04/2015
I'm awaiting for previews before I try to pass any judgement on them doing another console Skylanders sequel.

I'll be on the minority side here and say I think Swap Force was at best a 6/10 game and a huge letdown for the series. I thought adventures and giants were much better games by far.
But then after playing trap team while I do not change my overall view on Swap Force it does make me look at it from a better light.
Vicarious Visions made the 3ds of spyro's adventure and the 3ds games for the most part have been rather on par with the console versions and in someways better.

Trap Team anyhow for me was a very poor title and moved the series in a worse direction then I thought Swap Force did.
Both Adventures and Giants let you explore the worlds better and loved having the ability to have water skylanders be able to swim. Swap Force Explains why you can no longer swim for one level but in the other levels it just doesn't make sense. People always tell me the levels are actually longer but other then the swap zones i considered the levels way too short. But the Swap zones, are just annoying mini games that I can't recall ever actually being any fun.
There really is only one plus I give to Trap team and that I think most of the skylanders in these generation are REALLY fun to play as.
But I won't forgive Trap Team after it simply deleted my save data with a cause unknown.
#81 Posted: 17:26:46 21/04/2015
Great ideas Bifrost!

Didn't knew the Valravn and the Rakshasa, would be awesome to be Skylanderized. smilie

Here's a few ideas:

Magic: Manticore
Tech: Mothman (maybe with tech features?)
Life: Faun (possible Elora reference...?)
Undead: Nuckelavee
Air: Roc
Earth: Catoblepas
Water: Ningen
Fire: mythological salamander
Light: Ziz
Dark: Tatzelwurm

Playing as Skyland's creatures would also be cool.
Would especially like a walrus Skylander like Brawl and Chain. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#82 Posted: 17:30:53 21/04/2015
Actually, it's really weird they didn't do the four man band of elemental creatures - Undine,Salamander,Dwarf and Slyph. Thunderbolt is kinda close to a sylph in being a wind elemental, but other than that it's really strange that a game with elemental themes didn't even touch the concept :U
As creatures of skylands,I really want to play as those darned Cyclops Dragons that lurk the Lair of the Golden Queen. They're probably the single heavy enemy in the game that is a challenge without being frustrating(like the rest he's bolted down and faces you immediately,but he has no attacks of his own and the challenge is in dodging his eye magic), and the fact they come out of nowhere and look like that makes you wonder what other horrors are buried under the Golden Desert.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:31:25 21/04/2015 by Bifrost
#83 Posted: 18:30:20 21/04/2015
Those bat/demon cyclops are AWESOME.
But I don't know if they could inspire an interesting Skylander.

Maybe future trappable villains?

Yes, it's indeed strange there is still no dwarf Skylander.
Life, Earth or even Tech could suite him or her very well.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#84 Posted: 22:47:23 21/04/2015
I kind of want a bunny rabbit for air or something lol, so it could be super fast and be released as part of the Easter wave.
---
NinjaStealthElf Green Sparx Gems: 344
#85 Posted: 07:26:54 22/04/2015
I think VV wil do a great job. I love Swap Force, and the 3DS version of Spyro's Adventure also got some really good reviews. I'm excited.
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me