Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > The Official All Purpose Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS topic V3! DLC Fighters!
First | Previous | Page 8 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 48 49 50
The Official All Purpose Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS topic V3! DLC Fighters! [CLOSED]
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#351 Posted: 04:13:30 11/05/2015
My mistake.

In March Gamestop opened preorders for the adapter and controller. I bought a bundle for $50 +tax and shipping, and it arrived earlier this month.

If people really are still in need of adapters, I hear the Mayflash adapter for Wii U is nearly identical in function to the official Nintendo one. It's around $15 on Amazon.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:13:44 11/05/2015 by CAV
AJAwesome Platinum Sparx Gems: 6325
#352 Posted: 20:09:18 11/05/2015
Travis from the Fan-Made Mother 4 has been Smashified!
---
I'm a girl. My name is Reese. :3
Mitt rox Yellow Sparx Gems: 1746
#353 Posted: 21:56:21 11/05/2015
Quote: sonicbrawler182
Quote: MugoUrth
Quote: Mitt rox
Wario's burying bike custom is so dope

Yes it is. Frankly, though, I think Wario is an underrated character in general. He's one of my mains because he's fun to use, and I like making epic comebacks with his down-B: silent, but deadly.

One mistake I see people make when fighting him is that if his bike is on the field, they try to destroy the bike. Leave the bike there, it's Wario's main horizontal recovery, and if it's on the field when you knock him away, he cannot use it to recover.

Why ignore the bike when you can destroy it AND Wario?

[User Posted Image]

when you get really good with the timing of wario's great bike you can become nearly unstoppable!
I-Brawler Emerald Sparx Gems: 3565
#354 Posted: 00:34:37 12/05/2015

CAV are you proud of me
---
you never saw me
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8495
#355 Posted: 02:26:45 12/05/2015
Can I post videos filmed with a potato of me beating computers too? :D
Mesuxelf Ripto Gems: 3666
#356 Posted: 02:35:04 12/05/2015
Quote: somePerson
Can I post videos filmed with a potato of me beating computers too? :D

Sure! Anyone is welcome :)
#357 Posted: 02:52:22 12/05/2015
Look how MLG pro master I am! 360 no scope! **** her right in the pussy!

Smoke weed everyday!
#358 Posted: 10:31:13 12/05/2015
Quote: somePerson
Look how MLG pro master I am! 360 no scope! **** her right in the pussy!

Smoke weed everyday!

I wish I was as good as you. You should enter an MLG tournament!!!!!!!
#359 Posted: 10:52:44 12/05/2015
damn that was some great work sP
---
you never saw me
#360 Posted: 18:58:59 12/05/2015
Workmen are here; I'll record my awesome C. Falcon kills later.
#361 Posted: 19:45:07 12/05/2015
Quote: Mesuxelf
Workmen are here; I'll record my awesome C. Falcon kills later.

pls do i'd love to see
---
you never saw me
pankakesparx456 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7795
#362 Posted: 20:45:35 12/05/2015
[User Posted Image]

i can't stop laughing
---
Cool cool.
MugoUrth Ripto Gems: 3234
#363 Posted: 22:03:07 12/05/2015
I always hate people who complain about Ridley fans, because a lot of them that I've noticed are Shulk fans who are just as bad.
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#364 Posted: 22:12:56 12/05/2015
I always hate people who complain about Ridley fans, because a lot of them that I've noticed are Shulk fans who are just as bad.

But Shulk isn't too big. :V
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
#365 Posted: 22:42:36 12/05/2015

But Shulk isn't too big. :V

People want Ridley because people want another Metroid representative that isn't Samus. As much as people don't like to admit it, Metroid doesn't exactly have much to choose from.

Shulk... He's pretty much a typical JRPG main protagonist. Blonde, futuristic sword, young gun, been there/done that. And the rabidness of his fanbase really wasn't that pleasant either. I think people mostly just wanted an out-of-the-box representative and Xenoblade has a game coming soon. ...Surprised we still don't have Issac.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:42:57 12/05/2015 by MugoUrth
#366 Posted: 22:44:39 12/05/2015
I like Shulk. He's different. You don't often get JRPG games with a cast of British characters.

Plus, his playstyle is cool in Smash. I don't think Ridley could ever bring anything nearly as unique to the table.
---
#367 Posted: 22:48:45 12/05/2015
Ridley is way too big for smash.

Everyone that wanted him in tried to find reasoning around that, but nothing really works.

tbh i'm glad he'll never be in so people will stop complaining
---
you never saw me
#368 Posted: 22:50:51 12/05/2015
I think one of the reasons why Shulk made it into the game is because Xenoblade Chronicles, while not exactly easy to get for cheap, is one of the standout titles for the Wii. There was a huge amount of demand for it (and two other titles, but Xenoblade is the more notable one) and when it was finally released in the west it was met with critical acclaim and is called one of the best JRPGs from the past generation. I haven't played the game yet so I can't attest to this, but I think with all that in mind it makes a little sense to bring Shulk in.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:51:16 12/05/2015 by CAV
#369 Posted: 22:52:11 12/05/2015
I like Shulk. He's different. You don't often get JRPG games with a cast of British characters.

Plus, his playstyle is cool in Smash. I don't think Ridley could ever bring anything nearly as unique to the table.

Wow... a generic forward attack, generic counter, generic upper, the only thing really setting him apart from anyone else is his Monado arts, and I think it's really a dumb gimmick. Shulk just isn't that fun to play.

I think Ridley would be much more interesting to play as. Smash Brothers could use more non-human characters. Also, they could always shrink him.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:53:27 12/05/2015 by MugoUrth
pankakesparx456 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7795
#370 Posted: 22:52:33 12/05/2015
to be fair, Metroid DOES deserve at least one more rep considering it's one of Nintendo's flagship franchises.

I'm not a really big Metroid fan so Ridley's exclusion doesn't really affect me but I can see why people would want him in.

EDIT: ninja'd.
---
Cool cool.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:53:11 12/05/2015 by pankakesparx456
#371 Posted: 22:58:02 12/05/2015
I personally don't care for Ridley's inclusion simply because I don't play as heavyweights often outside of sometimes Dedede. I can see him being scaled down but apparently that defeats the point of his character? I won't complain if he ever makes it in but I also don't care if he never does.

Metroid does deserve another rep, though aside from Ridley I'm a little lost to who it could be (Metroid doesn't really have a set of recurring characters does it?).
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:58:27 12/05/2015 by CAV
#372 Posted: 22:58:05 12/05/2015

Wow... a generic forward attack, generic counter, generic upper, the only thing really setting him apart from anyone else is his Monado arts, and I think it's really a dumb gimmick. Shulk just isn't that fun to play.

I think Ridley would be much more interesting to play as. Smash Brothers could use more non-human characters. Also, they could always shrink him.

They can't just "shrink him"

Ridley has always been the same size as far as I know and changing that when Samus is here to compare that to would make him look really weird.

They can do it for Olimar because he has never been seen with another Smash character.
---
you never saw me
#373 Posted: 23:00:16 12/05/2015
I don't think Metroid needs another rep. One of the biggest themes of most Metroid games is isolation. Samus going solo and kicking butt in alien environments. What she's doing in Smash is no different.
---
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3872
#374 Posted: 23:06:17 12/05/2015

Agreed,mugo
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
#375 Posted: 23:20:16 12/05/2015
Quote: I-Brawler

Ridley has always been the same size as far as I know and changing that when Samus is here to compare that to would make him look really weird.

They can do it for Olimar because he has never been seen with another Smash character.

They shrunk Bowser and Little Mac, and heightened Sonic, Pikachu, Kirby, Dedede, and Olimar. I don't see why they can't do it with Ridley.
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6081
#376 Posted: 23:26:08 12/05/2015

We're well aware of your aversion to human characters. I'd never heard of Shulk until he was announced and now he's one of my primary mains. I do enjoy him and I'm sure others feel the same just as I'm sure others agree with you in not caring for him. Just because you don't like him doesn't mean he should never have been included in the game. Frankly, I feel that way about Dr. Mario and Dark Pit for being clones but they're there so oh well. I just simply don't play them.

True, it is rather a shame that after all this time, Samus is the only Metroid rep. However, I've seen someone attempt to shrink Ridley for an example of Smash, and it truly looked awkward and disproportionately bony. I don't care if he gets in or not as I am not interested in the franchise, however all the constant begging and whining fans have done for him has given some slight joy in seeing his absence. This of course doesn't mean I'll ***** and complain if he does eventually get added, I simply won't care.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
#377 Posted: 23:31:06 12/05/2015
^I welcome the addition of any newcomer; I enjoy the excitement of the reveal, the hype leading up to being able to play them, and then mastering their (hopefully) unique moveset.
#378 Posted: 23:32:48 12/05/2015
Quote: Mesuxelf
Quote: I-Brawler

They shrunk Bowser and Little Mac, and heightened Sonic, Pikachu, Kirby, Dedede, and Olimar. I don't see why they can't do it with Ridley.

A lot of those heights are off. Rosalina's canon height is 7'7".

[User Posted Image]

Also many of the characters you listed have their sizes messed with all of the time, and are cartoony in proportion so it's easier to scale them up or down without messing up anatomy. Plus, you are technically playing as Olimar at his canon height on the Pikmin stage while everyone else is sized down to his size, same with Kirby, etc.

Ridley isn't a character you can just size down. His anatomy is specifically built to be huge, so simply scaling his model down means his anatomy loses logic. Not to mention his wingspan would probably still pose a problem even if sized down.

Also, the general consensus with Smash heights is that characters from the same franchise should look well enough next to each other. A scaled down Ridley at about Samus' size would look completely stupid.
---
#379 Posted: 01:11:20 13/05/2015
Ridley scaled down looks weird.
Wii U
[User Posted Image]

3DS
[User Posted Image]
Underian Emerald Sparx Gems: 3095
#380 Posted: 06:04:12 13/05/2015
he looks weird shrinked down, imo.
#381 Posted: 12:43:39 13/05/2015
Quote: Seiki

We're well aware of your aversion to human characters. I'd never heard of Shulk until he was announced and now he's one of my primary mains. I do enjoy him and I'm sure others feel the same just as I'm sure others agree with you in not caring for him. Just because you don't like him doesn't mean he should never have been included in the game. Frankly, I feel that way about Dr. Mario and Dark Pit for being clones but they're there so oh well. I just simply don't play them.

True, it is rather a shame that after all this time, Samus is the only Metroid rep. However, I've seen someone attempt to shrink Ridley for an example of Smash, and it truly looked awkward and disproportionately bony. I don't care if he gets in or not as I am not interested in the franchise, however all the constant begging and whining fans have done for him has given some slight joy in seeing his absence. This of course doesn't mean I'll ***** and complain if he does eventually get added, I simply won't care.

I never said he shouldn't have been included, I was just commenting on the fanbase. Honestly, people think Dark Pit and Lucina are such small data characters that nothing could have been in their place. Honestly, I'd rather have had no one than them. Kid Icarus and Fire Emblem are two of Nintendo's most shallow and overrated franchises.

Honestly, Shulk fans were the same way, basically threatening to whine and complain if Shulk didn't become playable. I notice that people only tend to complain about fanboys if they're fans of anything non-human related.
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8257
#382 Posted: 13:12:57 13/05/2015
Quote: Seiki

I never said he shouldn't have been included, I was just commenting on the fanbase. Honestly, people think Dark Pit and Lucina are such small data characters that nothing could have been in their place. Honestly, I'd rather have had no one than them. Kid Icarus and Fire Emblem are two of Nintendo's most shallow and overrated franchises.

Honestly, Shulk fans were the same way, basically threatening to whine and complain if Shulk didn't become playable. I notice that people only tend to complain about fanboys if they're fans of anything non-human related.

May I ask why you say think this?
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#383 Posted: 13:53:44 13/05/2015
Quote: Sesshomaru75
I notice that people only tend to complain about fanboys if they're fans of anything non-human related.

That's a blatant lie and you know it.

Quote: HeyitsHotDog
May I ask why you think this?

He just has an irrational hate of human characters and an unnatural obsession with furries, that's all.

Actually, it's not. That is literally something I notice in that I rarely EVER see people complain about fans of human-related characters or games and such. Yet I see people *****ing and complaining about non-human character fans all the time, whether those characters are anthro, aliens, or anything else.

Now THAT is a lie. I don't have "an irrational hate of human characters," however, I really hate how cliché and devoid of personality Kid Icarus and Fire Emblem are. Plus, the games aren't even that fun to play. Also, it's not "furries" you ****tard, and I don't have an unnatural obsession, I just prefer non-humans in general, ANTHRO or not, to bland, generic human characters. Not to mention, did I not say one of my mains was human?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:01:41 13/05/2015 by MugoUrth
#384 Posted: 14:25:21 13/05/2015
I complain about human-related characters all the time and I see plenty of people do so. Maybe you just got your furry goggles on.

*snickers* You're really amusing when you get angry.

Edit: You also just proved to me that you're nothing more than a butthurt baby with that little "threat" of yours that you posted on my Guestbook. Good job. lol

Complaining about human characters and complaining about human-character and franchise FANBOYS are two different things.

And you're a bully who hides behind a computer screen and the "internet" almighty bull****. You call people "butthurt" when they have a reason to be angry only to give yourself an excuse to not give two ****s about the people around you. Honestly, people like you are scum.

There's also a difference between a threat and a "what-if" foretelling too.
#385 Posted: 14:43:22 13/05/2015
Complaining about human characters and complaining about human-character and franchise FANBOYS are two different things.

And you're a bully who hides behind a computer screen and the "internet" almighty bull****. You call people "butthurt" when they have a reason to be angry only to give yourself an excuse to not give two ****s about the people around you. Honestly, people like you are scum.

I complain about those too.

I'm not a bully, you're just an overly sensitive 2-year-old. And even if you have a reason to be angry, you're seriously overreacting.

Oh, and wow, calling me "scum" over something as trivial as this? lol Ban yourself kiddo.

It's still a threat.

Right.

No, you ARE a bully. Stop denying it. And really, I'm not overreacting to someone who doesn't want to admit they're in the wrong. Bullies who think they are in the right, and blame other people for their actions, yeah I DO think they're scum. Can you blame me?

Once again, no it isn't.

Back on topic: Last night I just noticed the power behind Lucario. I was fighting Rosalina and I was getting my butt kicked, but in the last few seconds I had over 100% damage, and I managed to KO her at around 60%. I've heard Lucario gets stronger as his damage goes up, but yikes. smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:44:00 13/05/2015 by MugoUrth
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8257
#386 Posted: 14:56:25 13/05/2015
I notice that people only tend to complain about fanboys if they're fans of anything non-human related.

That's a blatant lie and you know it.

Quote: HeyitsHotDog
May I ask why you think this?

He just has an irrational hate of human characters and an unnatural obsession with furries, that's all.

Actually, it's not. That is literally something I notice in that I rarely EVER see people complain about fans of human-related characters or games and such. Yet I see people *****ing and complaining about non-human character fans all the time, whether those characters are anthro, aliens, or anything else.

Now THAT is a lie. I don't have "an irrational hate of human characters," however, I really hate how cliché and devoid of personality Kid Icarus and Fire Emblem are. Plus, the games aren't even that fun to play. Also, it's not "furries" you ****tard, and I don't have an unnatural obsession, I just prefer non-humans in general, ANTHRO or not, to bland, generic human characters. Not to mention, did I not say one of my mains was human?

Yes, I'm quite aware of Mugo's, uh, distaste for humans and honestly, I really don't mind it. It can get annoying from time to time but over all it's not a problem. I like Mugo. Question for you Mugo. Do you consider yourself human or are you otherkin?

Also, KIU and Fire Emblem character DO have personalities. Pit has an awesome one and if you say it's cliche then you're saying MY personality is cliche! Pit and I have similar, if not the exact same personality. Hell, I look like him (In my opinion, I've said this hundreds of times) too!

I complain about those too.

I'm not a bully, you're just an overly sensitive 2-year-old. And even if you have a reason to be angry, you're seriously overreacting.

Oh, and wow, calling me "scum" over something as trivial as this? lol Ban yourself kiddo.

It's still a threat.

Right.

No, you ARE a bully. Stop denying it. And really, I'm not overreacting to someone who doesn't want to admit they're in the wrong. Bullies who think they are in the right, and blame other people for their actions, yeah I DO think they're scum. Can you blame me?

Once again, no it isn't.

Back on topic: Last night I just noticed the power behind Lucario. I was fighting Rosalina and I was getting my butt kicked, but in the last few seconds I had over 100% damage, and I managed to KO her at around 60%. I've heard Lucario gets stronger as his damage goes up, but yikes. smilie

Ohoho YES! Lucario is one of my best! His aura mechanic is INSANELY fun and OP.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 15:06:05 13/05/2015 by HeyitsHotDog
JCW555 Hunter Gems: 8554
#387 Posted: 15:53:28 13/05/2015
Alright everyone, cool your jets. Stop.
---
You gotta believe! Heh heh.
#388 Posted: 16:06:42 13/05/2015
The race of characters has absolutely nothing to do with why people dislike them. If people dislike a character, it's for other reasons, like being flat, having too many poor portrayals and no good ones, for being unlikable, etc.

Then of course people will dislike characters for more silly reasons, like "stealing another character's spotlight" (this can be a genuine issue but a lot of characters are criticised for this when they shouldn't be), being "hentai", etc. Or for external stuff like being in lots of games or because of a fanbase.

People might also come to dislike characters for things like being too good from a gameplay stand point. Like Meta Knight in Brawl. And Rosalina gets hate for being one of the best if not the best characters statistically in pretty much every game she's been playable in.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:08:58 13/05/2015 by sonicbrawler182
#389 Posted: 19:03:52 13/05/2015
Kid Icarus and Fire Emblem are two of Nintendo's most shallow and overrated franchises.

.............Huh?
DragonCamo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6632
#390 Posted: 19:34:25 13/05/2015
lol i haven't even played Super Smash Bros Wii U or 3DS yet. I probably should, shouldn't I?
---
Gay 4 GARcher
#391 Posted: 19:42:22 13/05/2015
^Absolutely.
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3872
#392 Posted: 20:29:27 13/05/2015
Quote: DragonCamo
lol i haven't even played Super Smash Bros Wii U or 3DS yet. I probably should, shouldn't I?

You need to.Its fantastic
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
StriderSwag Gold Sparx Gems: 2769
#393 Posted: 20:51:47 13/05/2015
Quote: CAV
Kid Icarus and Fire Emblem are two of Nintendo's most shallow and overrated franchises.

.............Huh?

lol wat
--
#394 Posted: 21:41:42 13/05/2015
Onion crab OP please nerf samurai

First | Previous | Page 8 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 48 49 50

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me