Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > The Official All Purpose Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS topic V3! DLC Fighters!
First | Previous | Page 49 of 50 | Last
1 2 3 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50
The Official All Purpose Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS topic V3! DLC Fighters! [CLOSED]
I-Brawler Emerald Sparx Gems: 3565
#2401 Posted: 18:00:41 13/11/2015
Quote: The Bone Chompy
Om nom nom smilie

Where do all those projectiles go, anyway?

Also, does Cloud have a counter?

He doesn't appear to
---
you never saw me
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:38:54 14/11/2015 by I-Brawler
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#2402 Posted: 18:05:33 13/11/2015
Quote:
Where do all those projectiles go, anyway?

[User Posted Image]

-----
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
The Bone Chompy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1201
#2403 Posted: 23:45:27 13/11/2015
Is that a black hole under her dress? Lol
---
^This might be sarcasm.
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#2404 Posted: 23:46:02 13/11/2015

No, it's a universe.

Not even exaggerating, that's what Sakurai said it was.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#2405 Posted: 23:56:07 13/11/2015
Quote: sonicbrawler182

No, it's a universe.

I guess her dress must be bigger on the inside, huh? Seriously... there are two legs through the entire universe in there...
---
Dead
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#2406 Posted: 03:03:21 14/11/2015
ok i've finally decided who i want in smash

amaterasu, because one of her attacks is peeing on characters
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
MugoUrth Ripto Gems: 3234
#2407 Posted: 15:30:35 14/11/2015
Quote: DarkCynder_543
amaterasu

We already have Megaman and Ryu. Two completely inferior Capcom characters, but the fact won't remove them from the game, and they're not going to put a third Capcom rep in.
GhostRoaster617 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3963
#2408 Posted: 17:23:49 14/11/2015
If the rumors are true, we can still get at least four more characters aside from Cloud and the Smash Ballot winner. At this point I'm gonna go with just about anybody now that Cloud broke the boundaries on restrictions. The last guys could be just about anybody by this point and I hope the last characters are good choices and will be good candidates to rap up this game.
---
Grave Clobber is back to bury you!
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#2409 Posted: 20:36:04 14/11/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: MugoUrth
amaterasu

We already have Megaman and Ryu. Two completely inferior Capcom characters, but the fact won't remove them from the game, and they're not going to put a third Capcom rep in.

Inferior? They're Capcom's biggest reps that everyone knows. How is that inferior?
---
words. letters. filler.
Wreckingball13 Gold Sparx Gems: 2583
#2410 Posted: 20:49:27 14/11/2015
Quote: TacoMakerSkys
amaterasu

Inferior? They're Capcom's biggest reps that everyone knows. How is that inferior?

Neither of them are animals
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8459
#2411 Posted: 21:02:11 14/11/2015
Quote: Wreckingball13

Animals > Humans

FACT
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#2412 Posted: 21:07:43 14/11/2015
Quote: somePerson

Animals > Humans

FACT

Dogs>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>humans
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#2413 Posted: 22:39:44 14/11/2015
amaterasu

Megaman is a platforming icon and one of the most famous video game characters of all time. A staple of the NES who's games are frequently cited as among the best of the system (and some of the best of all time) and has survived several generations only recently having some trouble due to Capcom's negligence. Has stretched beyond platformers and has also reached RPGs, action titles, and even non-gaming media like a cartoon and comic series.

Ryu is the most famous and popular character in what is the definitive fighting game franchise that helped a ton in creating a whole new genre that remains popular and fiercely competitive today. A character who's game paved the way for other fighting game franchises including Mortal Kombat, King of Fighters, Darksiders, and yes Super Smash Bros, and who's franchise remains insanely popular today with a highly anticipated 5th main installment coming in a few months.

Amaterasu is from a game with a fairly sizable cult following underground but was largely ignored by the public all three times it's been released and has sold miserably to where its creators were disbanded and had to find life elsewhere.

I'm not dissing on Okami or the character (one of my mains in UMvC3) but from the standpoint of gaming history I can't see how Ryu and Megaman would be considered inferior.
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6072
#2414 Posted: 23:12:50 14/11/2015
Quote: CAV
amaterasu

Megaman is a platforming icon and one of the most famous video game characters of all time. A staple of the NES who's games are frequently cited as among the best of the system (and some of the best of all time) and has survived several generations only recently having some trouble due to Capcom's negligence. Has stretched beyond platformers and has also reached RPGs, action titles, and even non-gaming media like a cartoon and comic series.

Ryu is the most famous and popular character in what is the definitive fighting game franchise that helped a ton in creating a whole new genre that remains popular and fiercely competitive today. A character who's game paved the way for other fighting game franchises including Mortal Kombat, King of Fighters, Darksiders, and yes Super Smash Bros, and who's franchise remains insanely popular today with a highly anticipated 5th main installment coming in a few months.

Amaterasu is from a game with a fairly sizable cult following underground but was largely ignored by the public all three times it's been released and has sold miserably to where its creators were disbanded and had to find life elsewhere.

I'm not dissing on Okami or the character (one of my mains in UMvC3) but from the standpoint of gaming history I can't see how Ryu and Megaman would be considered inferior.

It's obvious. It's because they're human.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
#2415 Posted: 23:19:01 14/11/2015
amaterasu

Actually, for once I was joking. I actually didn't expect people to take that post so seriously, but then again I'm usually serious.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:20:09 14/11/2015 by MugoUrth
#2416 Posted: 02:57:04 15/11/2015
Quote: sonicbrawler182

No, it's a universe.

I would love to

EXPLORE

that universe

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
---
^This might be sarcasm.
#2417 Posted: 03:41:20 15/11/2015
Oh wow I can't believe my small immature joke about playing as a wolf so I can pee on smash characters for fun turned into a debate.

I was half joking people. Amaterasu in Smash would be amazing, but I know she won't get in as long as Capcom is in charge of Okami. At the moment the character I really want in the game is Rayman and I'm hoping he wins the ballot, although it's probably not likely. K Rool or Shantae will probably win the ballot.

amaterasu

It's unfortunate that's happened considering Okami is one the best games I've ever played. But the game was poorly advertised when it was first released, so it wasn't even given a good chance. I also think that it didn't do very well because of the fact that it was made by a company who wasn't very well known. I feel that Nintendo (in collaboration with Platinum Games since Okami's original creator now works there, along with most of Clover Studios) could do great things with it if they could just get the IP.

amaterasu

[User Posted Image]

_____
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:13:47 15/11/2015 by DarkCynder_543
#2418 Posted: 17:19:25 15/11/2015
Oh wow I can't believe my small immature joke about playing as a wolf so I can pee on smash characters for fun turned into a debate.

I was half joking people. Amaterasu in Smash would be amazing, but I know she won't get in as long as Capcom is in charge of Okami. At the moment the character I really want in the game is Rayman and I'm hoping he wins the ballot, although it's probably not likely. K Rool or Shantae will probably win the ballot.

It's unfortunate that's happened considering Okami is one the best games I've ever played. But the game was poorly advertised when it was first released, so it wasn't even given a good chance. I also think that it didn't do very well because of the fact that it was made by a company who wasn't very well known. I feel that Nintendo (in collaboration with Platinum Games since Okami's original creator now works there, along with most of Clover Studios) could do great things with it if they could just get the IP.

amaterasu

[User Posted Image]

_____

Actually, I was kind of playing along with that joke. People took my comment too seriously. But to be fair, I don't blame them. I kind of set myself up as a guy who would actually say something like that. Still, I don't think even I would actually have said THAT and meant it.

Also, as long as we're talking about the original Megaman and not Humanaboo X or any of the other Megaman imitators, I really couldn't put Amaterasu above Megaman.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:21:05 15/11/2015 by MugoUrth
#2419 Posted: 21:19:48 15/11/2015 | Topic Creator

Actually, for once I was joking. I actually didn't expect people to take that post so seriously, but then again I'm usually serious.

no ****, add a /s next time bby
---
words. letters. filler.
#2420 Posted: 21:56:44 15/11/2015

Shut the **** up! You guys NEVER give an indication you're joking when making dumb, sometimes offensive comments, yet I make one measely joke, and then you guys throw a fit over it. In a way, you guys are kind of hypocrites for that.

And this time I'm NOT joking.
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8459
#2421 Posted: 22:05:29 15/11/2015

Shut the **** up! You guys NEVER give an indication you're joking when making dumb, sometimes offensive comments, yet I make one measely joke, and then you guys throw a fit over it. In a way, you guys are kind of hypocrites for that.

Opps I'm sorry for not having the ability to read sarcasm in a text based forum. >.>
Wreckingball13 Gold Sparx Gems: 2583
#2422 Posted: 22:23:38 15/11/2015

You can usually just tell by his grammar and word choice that he is joking. In your post you seemed completely serious because that's your nature
#2423 Posted: 23:06:32 15/11/2015

You can usually just tell by his grammar and word choice that he is joking. In your post you seemed completely serious because that's your nature

Which is why I don't blame you guys for not noticing it was a joke, but whatever.

Anyway, I'm not too wild on Cloud being in the game. I don't mind, I mean, I'm a FF7 fan, played it to the end, beat Sephiroth and what have you, but I can't say he was on my wishlist. Still, they could do worse. I'll give him a try when he comes out.
#2424 Posted: 23:22:52 15/11/2015
Really, the only DLC character that has a completely unique fighting style is Ryu, imo. I kinda regret buying Mewtwo and Lucas smilie
---
^This might be sarcasm.
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#2425 Posted: 00:03:30 16/11/2015
Really, the only DLC character that has a completely unique fighting style is Ryu, imo. I kinda regret buying Mewtwo and Lucas smilie

You... Do know Mewtwo and Lucas are veterans, right? So I mean, they kind of have that excuse...
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
#2426 Posted: 00:13:00 16/11/2015
Cloud's victory music needs to be the victory song from FF7.

---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
MagicFizz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3551
#2427 Posted: 00:23:37 16/11/2015
^ Yes please
---
My life is complete.
LunarDistortion Ripto Gems: 3606
#2428 Posted: 00:54:05 16/11/2015
I think we can assume it will be, seeing as it was featured at the end of the trailer.

Cloud is growing on me. I'm still not entirely keen on him, but it's definitely cool for his fans, plus now that I'm hearing the phrase "I can't wait for Cloud in Super Smash Bros", it makes me think who else is in store. Why would they waste their biggest reveal now? (Who's a more surprising and iconic video game character to be in Super Smash Bros than Cloud Strife? Master Chief maybe? He's not happening, so who's next?) Maybe they revealed him now as to not overshadow the Ballot fighters that'll be revealed in December.

Also, help me out here guys. I know nothing about FF. What's the name of the cool guitar song that plays when the Midgar stage and summons are shown in the Cloud reveal?
#2429 Posted: 01:58:52 16/11/2015

Actually, I was kind of playing along with that joke. People took my comment too seriously. But to be fair, I don't blame them. I kind of set myself up as a guy who would actually say something like that. Still, I don't think even I would actually have said THAT and meant it.

Also, as long as we're talking about the original Megaman and not Humanaboo X or any of the other Megaman imitators, I really couldn't put Amaterasu above Megaman.

[User Posted Image]

_____
---
pankakesparx456 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7795
#2430 Posted: 01:59:06 16/11/2015
To be honest I'm still trying to wrap my head around the idea that Mario, Sonic, Megaman, Pac Man, Ryu, and Cloud are all in the same official fighting game.

I mean seriously if we were told that almost two or three years ago we would say it's just some insane dream. but now it's true and it will possibly get bigger with the ballot.
---
Cool cool.
#2431 Posted: 02:13:11 16/11/2015
Quote: LunarDistortion
I think we can assume it will be, seeing as it was featured at the end of the trailer.

Cloud is growing on me. I'm still not entirely keen on him, but it's definitely cool for his fans, plus now that I'm hearing the phrase "I can't wait for Cloud in Super Smash Bros", it makes me think who else is in store. Why would they waste their biggest reveal now? (Who's a more surprising and iconic video game character to be in Super Smash Bros than Cloud Strife? Master Chief maybe? He's not happening, so who's next?) Maybe they revealed him now as to not overshadow the Ballot fighters that'll be revealed in December.

Also, help me out here guys. I know nothing about FF. What's the name of the cool guitar song that plays when the Midgar stage and summons are shown in the Cloud reveal?

This one?

---
#2432 Posted: 02:22:32 16/11/2015
Quote: pankakesparx456
To be honest I'm still trying to wrap my head around the idea that Mario, Sonic, Megaman, Pac Man, Ryu, and Cloud are all in the same official fighting game.

I mean seriously if we were told that almost two or three years ago we would say it's just some insane dream. but now it's true and it will possibly get bigger with the ballot.

You know what I like about it?

The fact that the Link vs Cloud death match that many people have been dreaming about can actually happen.
---
#2433 Posted: 02:33:16 16/11/2015
Quote: Seiki

This one?

Yes! Thank you! I'm really hoping this'll be music on the Midgar stage because this is great!

Since we're so close to the closing of this topic, I think V3 is done with updates. Cloud, Midgar, and the December fighters will be added in V4 instead.
#2434 Posted: 02:41:24 16/11/2015
^ It is a main battle track. I would expect it to very likely be the alternate track for Midgar while "Let the Battles Begin" would be the primary. Especially think so since it's in the trailer. Kind of hoping that even if it isn't used, One Winged Angel appears in the music library.
---
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#2435 Posted: 02:45:20 16/11/2015

The debate was from Mugo's comment/joke so don't sweat it too much.

I really want to play the game myself. I do think that if Okami came out nowadays and under the Platinum branding it might've done at least a little better. But instead it just came out, did badly, and never really improved when it was rereleased for Wii and for PS3 in HD. Okami is a video game tragedy.

It's because people like sP and Taco are well known for making such sarcastic jokes whereas you don't do so very often and therefore a post like yours (which wasn't that far off from what you might usually post) was seen as being very serious.
#2436 Posted: 06:46:02 16/11/2015
^ Oh, I highly suggest playing Okami! :D
It's a really great game, full of Japanese culture and the story is amazing. Not to mention the characters are great. And the art style is one of my favourites in video gaming and the music is fantastic (just listen to Rising Sun).
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:47:03 16/11/2015 by DarkCynder_543
#2437 Posted: 12:08:09 16/11/2015
Omg omg i heard one-winged angel that is like my favirite song ever
---
My life is complete.
Mesuxelf Ripto Gems: 3666
#2438 Posted: 15:31:56 16/11/2015
Am I the only one who thinks it's odd that the Wii u version sold less than the 64 version?
#2439 Posted: 15:55:03 16/11/2015
Quote: Mesuxelf
Am I the only one who thinks it's odd that the Wii u version sold less than the 64 version?

For Smash? I honestly don't find that surprising. for Sm4sh, since the 3Ds version came out first, it's likely the one everyone went with at first leaving some to not need to buy both. Then there's also the fact that I don't believe the WiiU is entirely selling well, especially so compared to the other 2 consoles in this generation. I don't have one, but there's a number of reasons for that, but I would like to eventually get one.
---
#2440 Posted: 16:15:33 16/11/2015
IIRC, Smash 64 was like a breakthrough in nintendo history and was in every kid's house
---
My life is complete.
#2441 Posted: 21:24:04 16/11/2015 | Topic Creator

What is your ****ing problem? I tell you in a joking manner to make it clear that you're joking because everyone's schema has been set to automatically think that you're being serious, and you flip your **** on me? You need to chill out and take a break if you keep throwing tantrums for a simple comment of advice.
---
words. letters. filler.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 21:25:23 16/11/2015 by TacoMakerSkys
DragonCamo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6606
#2442 Posted: 23:34:31 16/11/2015
*still stuck over here playing Super Smash Bros Brawl* yis
---
Gay 4 GARcher
#2443 Posted: 00:46:28 17/11/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: DragonCamo
*still stuck over here playing Super Smash Bros Brawl* yis

I still go back to it, just to play Project M lmao.
---
words. letters. filler.
Spellslamzer75 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1333
#2444 Posted: 05:05:28 17/11/2015
I wonder if they're going to have more surprises when Cloud is released, like what happened with Lucas, Roy, and Ryu. I'm not expecting it, just wondering if they'll do that again.

Also, am I the only one who misses the Brawl main theme? It's nice that part of it is still in SSB4 because of the Brawl Final Destination song, but I miss hearing it on the main menu. It'd be even better in SSB4 because of how many famous characters are in it now...
---
Strength, courage, and evil
#2445 Posted: 11:35:33 17/11/2015
Quote: Spellslamzer75
I wonder if they're going to have more surprises when Cloud is released, like what happened with Lucas, Roy, and Ryu. I'm not expecting it, just wondering if they'll do that again.

Also, am I the only one who misses the Brawl main theme? It's nice that part of it is still in SSB4 because of the Brawl Final Destination song, but I miss hearing it on the main menu. It'd be even better in SSB4 because of how many famous characters are in it now...

Brawl definitely had the best music.
#2446 Posted: 21:21:03 17/11/2015

I disagree. In my opinion, not only is the main theme the best one since Melee, but the huge selection of ingame music is wonderful. There's a ton of great remixes, classic music/medleys, and practically every song from Brawl and Melee.

The only faults I can find with it is a lack of certain great music tracks like Buoy Base Galaxy for Mario Galaxy, the SMS Boss Theme or Vs. Mecha Bowser for Delfino Plaza, Lightning Battle and Dark Pit for Palutena's Temple, and a lack of any non-Jungle Groove remixes for DKC. (You have Crocodile Cacophony, Flight of the Zinger, Hot Head Bop, Amiss Abyss, Mining Melancholy, Lockjaws Saga, Scorch 'N' Torch, and tons more to work with and you make a thousand Jungle Groove remixes instead?)
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#2447 Posted: 21:29:34 17/11/2015
The lack of the original Reaper's Line of Sight in the KI stage makes me pretty miffed. It's amazing
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#2448 Posted: 21:36:49 17/11/2015

I disagree. In my opinion, not only is the main theme the best one since Melee, but the huge selection of ingame music is wonderful. There's a ton of great remixes, classic music/medleys, and practically every song from Brawl and Melee.

The only faults I can find with it is a lack of certain great music tracks like Buoy Base Galaxy for Mario Galaxy, the SMS Boss Theme or Vs. Mecha Bowser for Delfino Plaza, Lightning Battle and Dark Pit for Palutena's Temple, and a lack of any non-Jungle Groove remixes for DKC. (You have Crocodile Cacophony, Flight of the Zinger, Hot Head Bop, Amiss Abyss, Mining Melancholy, Lockjaws Saga, Scorch 'N' Torch, and tons more to work with and you make a thousand Jungle Groove remixes instead?)

I meant brawl has the best music that was introduced in Brawl. Smash 4's new music is great, but whenever I hear a song I love in smash 4 and then I google it, the song was originally in brawl.
#2449 Posted: 18:42:15 22/11/2015
https://vid.me/UoQK I made a Smash Video! Yay!

I'm open to any suggestion about my gameplay!

Disclaimersmilienly one main, Wario, appears in this video. The rest are just characters I'm trying out. Also, I hope this isn't considered advertising here.
---
^This might be sarcasm.
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#2450 Posted: 19:08:09 22/11/2015
we're gonna need a v4 soon
First | Previous | Page 49 of 50 | Last
1 2 3 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me