Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > Role Play > What We Rely On [Superhero Roleplay!]
Page 1 of 8 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
What We Rely On [Superhero Roleplay!] [CLOSED]
TheFlyingSeal Diamond Sparx Gems: 8523
#1 Posted: 21:35:08 17/04/2015 | Topic Creator
You live in the grand city of Rowland, a place of elegance and grand-oppurtunity. A place of mystery and livelyhood. From the rich uptown to the poor slums, over to the jazzy main square and flying under the stretching bridges. Rowland is a place that everyone is bustling to in their time of wanting instead of needing.

There's also another thing special about Rowland: Superheroes.

Soaring high into the sky and patroling the streets, the citizens of Rowland have never felt safer once superheroes became a carrer choice. They come in all shapes, sizes, and backgrounds. They've created leauges, marketing brands, and the most important, enemies.

Oh yes, never forget the enemies. Why, they're the most important part of being a superhero! You can't be a superhero without a villain, then what need would there be for superheroes? Villains are also diverse ranging from normal street thugs, to heist masterminds, and the full out super villains.

So, are you ready to step into the world of Rowland? We await you, hero!

CURRENT PLOTLINE:
This is where I will update what kind of story is happening in this roleplay. It will be similar to Dungeon and Dragons, except the only thing the GM will have rule over is the enemies and plot line. How you get hurt and how your actions are played through is up to you, like any Roleplay. Since this roleplay has not started yet, there is nothing posted.

RULES:
  • I will, at the moment, be the Game Master (GM). If I feel as though things have developed where I need more people, I will appoint more
  • No villain applications please! I understand being the villain is fun, and you can still be "bad" - antiheroes exist!
  • For assurance that you have read the rules, please add 'I hope to have fun!' at the end of your application. I will not accept it if you don't
  • OOC conversations are allowed, but only for clearing things up. Arguments will be done on PM preferably
  • No bad sports! Even if you dislike someone in the RP, try your hardest to tolerate them (character rivalries are allowed for passive aggresivness)
  • You are allowed to join at ANY point in the roleplay, even when things seems serious or too deep in story.
  • You must get hurt in a battle with a somewhat strong enemy. If it's a human battle like a bankrobber, it's possible to not get hurt.
  • Also please keep in mind that it's possible you can MISS an enemy despite their strength.

CHARACTER SHEET:
Superhero Title:
Name:
Sexuality:
Personality:
Normal Appearance:
Costumed Appearance:
Powers/Abilities: (Remember, you don't need superpowers!)
Origin: (This is optional, you can develop it as the roleplay progresses)
---
#CynderIsAFireDragon
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 18:26:01 18/04/2015 by TheFlyingSeal
#2 Posted: 21:58:35 17/04/2015 | Topic Creator
Superhero Title: Modify
Name: Taylor Juniper
Personality: When crime fighting, they are stoic and quick-minded. They are able to shift into any persona when in disguise, and they tend not to fight with any person of higherpower in fear of blackmail and not getting paid (should this person of highpower be an employer). They become hotheaded when their ability is questioned. When in their normal appearance, they tend not to talk to many people but act kindly to strangers due to their nature. They however get a little cocky about the fact that they're so good at hiding, and they get easily angered when questioned about their biological sex too repeatedly. They tend to reply to such questions with a snarky joke.
Sexuality: Asexual/Panromantic
Normal Appearance: When they're not fighting crime, they have dark red hair in a pixie cut. Taylor used to have pale skin before they started their carrer, but now their skin has tanned to a nice olive color. Their eye color is brown, and they stand at 5"7. They like wearing brown tank tops on hot days and a purple hoodie on any other day. They are also typically found wear torn jeans and gray sneakers of any brand. Sometimes leather booths if they feel particulary fancy. On fancy occasions, Taylor somtimes wears suits and other times a dress. When questioned why, they shrug and say "eh I just felt like it".
Costumed Appearance: It's hard to say whether Modify has a "costume" or not. If found without a disguise, their costume is decked in all black to hide in the shadows. They wear a long trenchcoat, dress shoes, dress pants, small round sunglasses, and a hat covering their face (similar to Carmen Sandiego). So imagine Judge Doom but with more class and a Carmen Sandiego hat.
Powers/Abilities: Modify has the ability to go into any disguise and impersonate any voice. While they rarley go into fights and their power is mostly used for scouting and getting information, when things get rough they know firearm and hand-to-hand combat.
Origin: N/A

I hope to have fun!
---
#CynderIsAFireDragon
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 18:19:11 18/04/2015 by TheFlyingSeal
MugoUrth Ripto Gems: 3234
#3 Posted: 22:33:23 17/04/2015
OOC: I'll probably join this if I'm allowed to have a superhero with Shapeshifting abilities. I know it's kind of cliche of me to play one that has them, but honestly those are the kind of superheroes I like playing the most are ones who can shapeshift.
#4 Posted: 22:38:44 17/04/2015 | Topic Creator
That's totally fine! And don't worry about talking in OOC at the moment either, the roleplay hasn't started yet.

Right now, anything goes when it comes to character creation. Even silly ones. The only time I probably won't accept a character application is if the character is too over powered to the point where there could be future conflict.
---
#CynderIsAFireDragon
BigBoom Emerald Sparx Gems: 3262
#5 Posted: 22:40:59 17/04/2015
Superhero Title: Olympus
Name: Aaron Everett
Sexuality: Homosexual, but celibate. (up for romantic relationships though yo)
Personality: Aaron is a youthful, energetic and charismatic but yet intelligent individual. This self-proclaimed 'blessed wisdom' can lead to him sounding like a smart-ass and / or condescending but also gives him a sense of quick-witted impulsivity which results in what are the "best decisions possible" (another quote from Aaron). Although he has a strong mind and a vast knowledge, thinking for a longer period is not his first priority and he can prove to be impulsive from time to time. Overall, however, he cares about the lives of the people who are at stake, and feels very uncomfortable and weak in situations where his knowledge of vast wars and strategies cannot help. He is sensitive, which breeds a strong sense of hypocrisy and selfishness due to his humour which can sometimes be offensive in nature. Think, the loveable douchebag type who if you know him, you'll actually learn that there is a lot more to a person than their own charismatic facade. His negative trait is his egotisical behaviour, which can get out of hand at times.
Normal Appearance: He has a very attractive look in terms of physical bearing. He is 5ft 9inches, and has a masculine "dream-man" build. His jawline is strong, lined with slight, dark-brown stubble to match his hairstyle, which is a short but stylish quiff dyed a cream colour at the tips.
In terms of fashion, he dresses metrosexually. Usually donning a light-beige t-shirt with a navy-blue scarf á la mode. If it's cold, he will normally just throw on a plain white jacket. He is rarely seen without his signature wide-framed dark-blue tinted sunglasses which cover piercing light-blue eyes. For bottoms, he wears a standard pair of black skinny jeans with light brown dress shoes, and white socks.
Costumed Appearance: He dons the golden / bronze Aegis shield as well as a pale-blue. gold-hilted short sword infused with electrical magic. He is dressed like a typical Athenian warrior but instead of the typical red accents, they are more of a faded scarlet.
Powers/Abilities: He is very agile, with a bulking strength and has a very strong will and mind. He is not generally seen to panic in the face of danger since he is confident in himself and his allies. He has a brilliant way with words and body language, and can sense emotion in people as well as get a very VERY basic outline of their thoughts. He dons the Aegis shield, as well as a short sword blessed by the powers of Zeus, allowing him to be fused with the powers of Zeus on contact (any other person who holds it would simply be executed instantly, unless they also don the Aegis shield which is spiritually bound to Aaron therefore without his permission, no one can so much as lift it).
Weaknesses:: Aaron's powers came with a price, and that was his emotions becoming twisted into a knot. What this means, is mood swings, trust issues and random spouts of sadness. This may result in isolation from others, or otherwise lack of will.
Additionally, while charismatic, he can show a more egotisical side.
Origin: On a history college trip, the year of Aaron's graduation, his class visited the grounds of ancient Greece. Aaron loved it due to his fascination of ancient Greece, and even brought materials in order to replicate a ritual used to worship the Goddess Athena and her father, Zeus that he had found in his deceased father's archaelogical works. As the tour progressed, the class reached the grounds of the Temple of Athena Nike, where the group stayed for a while (not in the temple due to the old nature, but on the grounds near it as to not disturb the ancient structure). However, the class did not notice Aaron's absence as they moved on through the tour, as Aaron had trespassed on the Temple. There, when it was dark and a storm was brewing, he followed the instructions his late father had written out for him just as he was reaching the end of the ritual, he read the words "for my beloved son, Aaron". To his shock, he was then struck by a powerful bolt of lightning. He didn't wake up for a week, stuck in a Greek hospital with his mother by his side. He slowly began discovering his newfound powers. However, this power came with a price - his mentality became the battleground of the ideals of the Gods, leaving emotional cracks open for any villain to slip through. He has yet to meet such a manipulative villain so far, however.

See a reference picture (sketch, really) of my character here.

OOC: I hope to have fun!
---
this user has died. written on a note was their darkspyro login. they say hello from beyond the grave.
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 19:48:08 19/04/2015 by BigBoom
#6 Posted: 22:44:54 17/04/2015 | Topic Creator
Accepted!
---
#CynderIsAFireDragon
#7 Posted: 23:37:05 17/04/2015
Bweeeh it's gonna be so fun.
---
this user has died. written on a note was their darkspyro login. they say hello from beyond the grave.
#8 Posted: 05:24:21 18/04/2015
CHARACTER SHEET:
Superhero Title: Shut-Eye
Name: Tori Emal
Sexuality: Straight
Personality: He's the kind of guy who likes to have fun being a superhero. He's a bit hammy, but he's usually enthusiastic. He tries to help out any way he can, and can usually work well with others, but he isn't always smart, even when he thinks he is.
Normal Appearance: He has short brown hair that looks like it was shaved a month ago. He has grey eyes, one dagger-shaped earing on his left ear, and he wears a green shirt with a blue stripe, black jeans, and brown loafers. He is 5ft6 tall.
Costumed Appearance: He is a shapeshifter. His "costume" is the form of a milky white tapir with the bottom half of a lion. His head also has a light-blue gem on its forehead above the wrinkled part of his upper lip.
Powers/Abilities: His superhero costume is part of his power, but he is also able to put people to sleep by touching them. He can also read the thoughts of those around him. His baku form is pretty thick and heavy-set, and able to withstand punches and kicks a bit easier than normal, plus he can use his body as a weapon. He's not incredibly nimble, but he has some capabilities. Being heavy, he's more subsceptible to falls, and is a bigger target in baku form than in normal form.
Origin: (This is optional, you can develop it as the roleplay progresses)

OOC: For some reason, I just like making Baku related superheroes. Most of mine end up being able to turn into Baku.

I hope to have fun.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:23:10 18/04/2015 by MugoUrth
#9 Posted: 12:36:04 18/04/2015
^ Did ya make sure you read all the rules?
---
#10 Posted: 16:24:05 18/04/2015
I did now. smilie
#11 Posted: 18:18:53 18/04/2015 | Topic Creator
Accepted!

I'm liking these characters so far, good job!
---
#CynderIsAFireDragon
StriderSwag Gold Sparx Gems: 2769
#12 Posted: 22:04:12 18/04/2015
Superhero Title: Cell
Name: Araya Reynolds
Sexuality: Demisexual/Demiromantic
Personality: Pretty quippy, but doesn't mind using torture or violence to get information out of a criminal. She refuses to kill anyone though, believing the city and its residents can be redeemed. As Cell, she does take some money for some advertising and for certain superhero tasks, but only if she knows they come from an non-corrupt Mission Center. The money she gets usually goes to helping the now Alzheimer's ridden Dr. Andrews. She is also EXTREMELY dedicated to her cause, and will push the limits of her own body to finish the objective.
Normal Appearance: Reddish brown hairy hats usually pretty wavy, and she usually has it let down. She also has ice blue eyes and a somewhat small yet muscular frame. Her height hides the fact that she could probably kick your ass, costume or not. She usually wears cute skirts and dresses, but is sometimes very casual, with a graphic t-shirt and shorts. She still attends large social events in the city too, and dresses accordingly.
Costumed Appearance: I tried uwu Snow white bulletproof vest, light grey cargo pants, and black army boots. She also has three white bands on each of her forearms, and a white domino mask. Depending on how wounded she is, she'll have various bandages, and sometimes bloody knuckles.
Abilities: Immunity to all diseases, poisons, and infections. Slightly enhanced strength, and speed. Bones are stronger than normal humans.
Weapons: A long, white, collapsing staff, and a white tactical knife in her boot. Her utility belt has a few items on it, those being: 1x EMP grenade, 3x Flashbangs, 12x Smoke pellets, 1x Mini medical kit.
Weaknesses: Very vulnerable to magic, skin and muscles have same durability as a normal human.
Origin: Araya has seen corruption in Rowland first hand. She grew up very privileged, her father was the long standing Mayor of Rowland, until her entire family was gunned down by the corrupt SWAT force. This attack left her battered and broken in the hospital, where a kind family doctor tried an experimental drug to allow her to heal faster, with the added bonus of being immune to all known poisons and diseases, and have stronger abilities. With that, she took up living with Dr. Andrews, and became a vigilante, trying to take out corruption in the city to make it a better place.

I DIDNT SEE THAT ONE
I HOPE TO HAVE FUN
Edited 10 times - Last edited at 02:27:10 21/04/2015 by StriderSwag
#13 Posted: 22:48:33 18/04/2015 | Topic Creator
You're accepted! We can start:

~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~

The sun shined brightly of the afternoon on Rowland. Streets are filled busily, but the morning rush had already passed so things seemed to have died down a bit.

You are a superhero who, at the moment, hasn't found a job for today. So you've resorted to walking around the streets hoping to find some news cast that perks your eye. In some newspaper boxes there are headlines such as "Local Hero 'Grenade' EXPLODES sales in figures!" and "Mayor win THIRD TERM in election!".

Overhead in the colorful billboards there are ladies and men dressed nicely broadcasting the current news. A fat cat was seen stuck in the large oak tree of the park, a bank not too far from the square is being robbed while holding hostages at gunpoint, and the monorail has apparently been planted with sticky bombs with the timer counting down from 20 minutes.
---
#CynderIsAFireDragon
ShinyPikachu Gold Sparx Gems: 2175
#14 Posted: 22:54:24 18/04/2015
(I'd like to join too if that's cool smilie)

Superhero Title: Shockwave

Name: Angela Rose

Sexuality: Bisexual

Personality: Initially very reclusive and timid, and usually doesn't like to initiate conversations with others, but nonetheless will be kind and polite if addressed first. With those she knows better though she is almost totally different, while she'll still come off as uncertain or awkward when put in the spotlight, Angela is alot more playful, mischievous, supportive, and sarcastic. She is also quite cunning and observant, and can get surprisingly talkative if put on a topic she has a particular fascination with, and while she can be eager to the point of impatience with things she enjoys, with stuff she doesn't find personal interest in she is very lazy.

Normal Appearance: Average build and height with shoulder-length black hair with bangs that are particularity long on her left side (which often gets in the way of her eye) and dark skin with bright yellow eyes. Usually dresses modestly with little more than a T-shirt(often some shade of yellow) and leggings, and typically wears a black hood aswell.

Costumed Appearance: Black uniform with golden lightning markings on sleeves and shins, has a white circle with a yellow lightning bolt in the center of it on the chest area. Also has a long golden cape aswell and wears white gloves and combat boots, and a white eyemask that jagged on the edges like lightning bolts.

Powers/Abilities: Wields the power of Electricity, with it can shoot bolts of various levels of power and create shields, hack into technology, enable her body to heal faster, can manipulate objects that have magnetic properties, and she can also increase her movement speed and even fly while using her powers. She can also absorb electricity through things like machinery or being struck by lightning for a temporary boost in her powers' strength.

Origin: Will develop as Roleplay progresses (Because I'm bad at making backstories on the fly smilie)

"I hope to have fun!"
---
Spyro Reignited hype~!

"This world is cruel, but it's also beautiful."
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 23:41:22 19/04/2015 by ShinyPikachu
#15 Posted: 22:58:19 18/04/2015
Dammit, I'm gonna be late... Araya thought to herself, running across the rooftops. The police scanner in Dr. Andrews' apartment read a bank robbery on the corner of Juniper and 45th, but she was still a block away.

Putting on her Cell costume took a while, and today was no exception. If she had put it on a little faster, maybe she could have been there before those scumbags could hurt anyone.
She jumped down from the adjacent rooftop, and into the skylight above the store. A bunch of armed robbers were staring at her, all with some pretty advanced weaponry.

"Nice phaser, Captain Kirk." She said, smirking.

"INTERFICIANT POTIEM!" One yelled, cocking his gun and aiming at Cell.

"Okay, sorry I called you Captain Kirk, you're obviously speaking Klingon." Cell replied, extending her staff. "I know aliens aren't much for this, but how about we dance, hm?"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:07:47 18/04/2015 by StriderSwag
#16 Posted: 23:08:30 18/04/2015 | Topic Creator
OOC: You're accepted, great character!
---
#CynderIsAFireDragon
#17 Posted: 23:14:29 18/04/2015
OOC: I was typing this before the last post.

Some heroes prefered to make themselves seen, while others would rather work in the shadows. One hero in particular had doubts that the world would be ready for him, and started his life as a hero silently. At the same time, he taped himself fighting crime as a superhero so that he may show it off, and make people familiar with his persona: Shut-Eye.

Shut-Eye had a camera planted in several alleyways. He tracked one of the people robbing the bank who got away before another hero caught the rest to one of the alleyways. That was where he made himself known before he could exit the alley.

"Hey, you there!" he called out. "You're ppsture is off. Have you been getting enough sleep lately?"

The villain turned around to see Shut-Eye, and saw a strange and bulky white tapir-black lion hybrid. Shocked in disbelief, he pulled his gun out as quickly as he could, but Shut-Eye reached him first and smacked the gun out of his hands.

"Aww, now now, didn't your parents tell you not to play with guns?" he asked jokingly.

The robber quickly punched Shut-Eye in his belly. Shut-Eye's thick skin helped him absorb the blow a bit, which allowed him to smack the robbers forehead with his hoof.(Or whatever a tapir's hands and feet are called) Suddenly, the robber went out like a light. He started to snore quite loudly, making him easy bait for the police.

"Woops, that wasn't supposed to happen," Shut-Eye said. "Oh no, actually that was supposed to happen. All go to plan."

Shut-Eye left the scene before the cops showed up, but left the recorder there to make sure the deed was done. He wanted to make sure people knew he was one of the goodguys before making himself fully known.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:17:21 18/04/2015 by MugoUrth
#18 Posted: 23:22:01 18/04/2015
Aaron huffed impatiently under his breath, making sure to hold his sunglasses in place while he pushed past the busy streets, holding bags of groceries as he made his way to his apartment. Just a normal person doing normal things, right? Wrong. Aaron was a superhero and he felt like he deserved to be treated as such! He was only barely known in such a small but populated and that aggravated him deeply.

A gasp was stifled from his half-pursed lips as the electronic billboards lining the skyscrapers began with a loud jingle with a newscaster lady awkwardly "shuffling" papers at the camera.
"WATCH IT, BUDDY!" one woman yelled in his direction, to which he responded by glaring at her for a split second, as he wasn't paying attention to the streets but instead at the screen, his grip becoming more gentler on his groceries as he adjusted his sunglasses again.

"*Heroes needed, heroes wanted!*"

The billboard brandished in all of its digital, high-tech glory. Then, what came next took him by surprise.

"*Obese cat stuck in high tree in a local neighbourhood!*"

"Is this a JOKE? I am a SUPERHERO, who needs an ACTUAL job!" He yelled out, getting surprised glares from parents and shocked children. He didn't even care that he had gathered an audience, he loved attention really.
"As a superhero who respects creative job integrity and intellectual requests, I am disgusted at how much you have copied basic city news" he muttered under his breath, carelessly storming his way back through the crowd. When he reached his street corner, he let out a sigh and rested on the wall for a few minutes. "We're becoming nothing more than playtoys and jokes" he thought, staring at the ground between his feet.
---
#19 Posted: 23:29:25 18/04/2015
The robbers began to fire, most missing, but one nailed Araya in the arm. She winced and stumbled back a bit, but she pushed toward. She whirled her staff around, and hit one of the robbers in the head with a loud crack. The other robbers continued their fire, but just hit her in the vest. She jumped up and hit two robbers in the face with her boots, and they dropped to the floor.

The last robber let out a small squeal as she approached. With one quick movement, she twisted his arm around. With a painful sounding crack and a guttural scream, the robber's arm broke.

"Your other arm is next if you don't tell me where your boss is." She said, looking the robber in the eye.

"He- he's in the back, cracking the safe! J-just don't hurt me anymore!" He cried out.

As she got to the back, she noticed a sleeping robber and a recorder. She jumped down the sewage drain as the sirens blared in the distance.

OOC: I added Shut-Eye and their fighting to the same scene! Also brb prom!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:31:08 18/04/2015 by StriderSwag
#20 Posted: 23:35:00 18/04/2015 | Topic Creator
"You know that was quite a show you placed there" a voice echoed out.

From behind Aaron a person clad in all black clothing, such as a trenchcoat and hat, walked up. "If you're such a hero and value job integrity, why don't you do something about it instead of complaining?"

There was a cool and light tone to their voice, similar to a females, but not quite there.
---
#CynderIsAFireDragon
Lunarz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3328
#21 Posted: 23:44:22 18/04/2015
Superhero Title: Zodiac
Name: Raymond 'Ray' Pifter
Sexuality: Heterosexual
Personality: Ray is quite laid-back, never wanting to rush into something that involves work, something which is a bit ironic considering his past time. When faced with danger Ray will usually be one of, if not the first to confront it, not always thinking of what dangers could befall unto him from doing such. Ray is akin to Peter Parker's Spider-Man in the (spidey)Sense that he loves it doing what he does and has immense amounts of fun doing it, but also knows he has responsibilities aswell. Ray doesn't have too many friends, or at least he doesn't in his normal life, but mainly because he's always cooped up trying to find new ways to use his powers and do more with them. Ray loves getting attention, often being flashy in the way he does things in his persona and out. Ray can be quite sarcastic and loves to joke around, though he can be serious if need be.
Normal Appearance: Ray is 5'11, spiked brown hair. He often wears jeans and a tight black t-shirt. Over which he wears a hoodie of grey and yellow coloration. Ray has brown eyes and wears runners that look to be as old as the 90's.
Costumed Appearance: He wears the same hoodie that he wears when out of costume, though the hoodie he wears in uniform has small curved horns at the top of the hood. He wears a Brown eye mask which makes his eyes look pure white. He wears tight-fitting Grey and Yellow checkered pants that are made of spandex but oddly don't seem out of place. From the back of his pants hangs a tail, long and skinny and brown in coloration, akin to that of a monkey's tail, something which he has to hide in his normal appearance by wrapping it around his leg inside his pants. He is often seen flying around the city with large, Angel-like wings that sprout out of the back of his hoodie through two slits. Though this is not a definite part of the costume as he generally doesn't have the wings whilst grounded. On the back of the hoodie are several small, Stegosaurus-like spikes that are brown in coloration.
Powers/Abilities: Body Manipulation and Full Animal Shapeshifting Powers (Though this is yet to be unlocked) Zodiac can shift any body part into that of an Animal or mythical creatures, he also can grow features such as wings or tails. Once he unlocks his power to Full Shift, shifting multiple times would black him out and drain most of his power for quite a while,
Origin: When Ray was only seven he had been taken to the zoo by his father. The sun in the sky was shining and there wasn't a cloud in sight, but then the weather took a turn for the worse. It started pouring, winds were gusting at high-power, the Lake nearby began to drain upward towards the Zoo, something that seemed impossible, it was as if someone had been controlling it. The gates broke down and the water flooded in, taking all the animals and all the visitors in its current, Ray lost sight of his father and began to drown, the sky was dark and grey, lightning struck where Ray resided in the pool of water and Ray passed out. When he awoke the Zoo was destroyed, bodies were lying lifeless everywhere and his father was nowhere in sight. Ray was in the branch of a tall tree, safe, protruding out from his behind was a Monkey-like tail, it was wrapped around the branch. Ray was found later and rescued. He lived with a foster home for awhile before running away as he was made fun of for his tail. Ray promised not to stop looking for his father until he found him. Something that many would tell him was impossible as the chances of him being alive probably didn't even exist. Ray grew up on the streets. Every so often he would change, it would cause him great pain as spikes or wings or fangs would grow from his body, his neck would stretch, his eyes would multiply. Ray, however, taught himself to control and use his abilities. Though he has yet to unlock their full potential.

----------

I WILL NOT CONFORM, I DO NOT HOPE TO HAVE FUN, I READ THE RULES BUT I WILL NOT BE A PART OF THIS DEMOCRATIC SOCIETY!!!!
---
Lanky Kong saved me despite having no style nor grace.
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 01:04:46 19/04/2015 by Lunarz
#22 Posted: 23:45:21 18/04/2015
OOC: Have fun, Strider!

Aaron gasped a bit, raising his eyes and twisting his body enough to look at the person. He felt their emotion, but only faintly. Determination, perhaps? Their thoughts were... blank. Aaron couldn't understand who they were, but the only feeling he got from them was a sense of assistance.
"Elaborate." He said with a sense of superiority, moving his sunglasses up to rest behind his quiffed hair. He didn't know what to do in this situation just yet, but he wanted to hear what the strange... lady(?) had to say.
---
#23 Posted: 23:59:59 18/04/2015 | Topic Creator
OOC: Accepted!

The cloaked person sighed. "Did you even bother to think what doing anything for the city will give you?"

The person reached inside their cloak and took out a small white tablet. They tapped the screen a couple of times, and gave it Aaron. On it was a news article with the headline reading "Donna O'Neil Ranked #1 Wealthiest Woman in Rowland!". The picture showed a frail old woman, couldn't be at least 60 years old, smiling so bright that her eyes are squinted. In her arms she hold a fat tabby cat, the same that was stuck in a tree.
---
#CynderIsAFireDragon
#24 Posted: 00:07:55 19/04/2015
Aaron looked at the screen and read the article thoroughly, noting down every word and phrase mentally. "It seems my wisdom is limited to only immediate consequences" he murmured under his breath before lightly holding out the tablet to return it to its owner.

"And your name, stranger?" he asked, trying to make his replies to the person relate to them being androgynous but with a hint of uncertainty in his voice. "Thank you. I admire your observations - it would do us good to forge a form of an alliance." he suggested with a hint of a smirk and pride in his voice. "Now, I'm going to go make Donna O'Neil a very healthy wealthy woman."

His intentions were not at all relating to money, no, he admittedly had an ego but he wasn't completely selfish. He wanted fame, attention even would do. With helping such a well-known and influentual figure in Rowland, he would surely finally become recognised.
---
ShinyPikachu Gold Sparx Gems: 2175
#25 Posted: 00:11:21 19/04/2015
High in the sky above Rowland, a young woman clad in black and surrounded by bright-blue bolts of electricity flew through the air with a grin of anticipation on her face as she surveyed the area.

Angela had hung back on crime-stopping for the past several days, figuring that the other superheroes the city was known for could protect the city perfectly fine without her participation, but now she was eager to bring her Shockwave persona back into the open. But until she found some conflict, she was getting a feel for her powers again in the meantime by scouting the skies
---
Spyro Reignited hype~!

"This world is cruel, but it's also beautiful."
#26 Posted: 00:16:19 19/04/2015 | Topic Creator
The person grabbed the rim of their hat, as well as the tablet being given back to them. A bit of wind had begun to pick up, blowing the trenchcoat every so slightly in it. "My real name is classified. But you may call me Modify."

The person turned around and began to walk back into the busy crowd. "We will meet again, Aaron Everett"
---
#CynderIsAFireDragon
#27 Posted: 00:31:43 19/04/2015
"Modify" Aaron thought as he clasped his hands together. He could think about this person and why on earth they knew his full name when he got back from helping this old lady.

"POWER OF ATHENA, GUIDE MY HANDS!" he yelled out, with his eyes closed as light absorbed him in a giant beam from the clouds. As the light faded, the young man was shown arms outstretched, wielding a familiar looking shield in his left hand and a not-so-familiar looking sword in his right. He dropped to the ground, opening his eyes and landed in a pose one would be in before running a sprint race. He raised himself up, standing heroically upright while looking out on a small gathering of people. "No worries citizens of Rowland, I'm about to help an old lady with her big fat pussy." he stated with a grin, before running off to the street name he had memorized.

--

When he arrived, his Athenian armour brightly shining in its golden glory while the red brush-like "mohawk" accent swayed gently in the wind. Reporters stood around him, while he analysed the situation, watching the cat 'meow' helplessly while it watched at the crowd below, its claws dug sharply into the weakening wood.

With a quickly thought plan, which he found personally to be perfect, he escalated the tree quickly, the bark making small scratches in his skin but none physically causing him pain. He held out his shield just underneath the branch where the overweight tabby was. "Get onto the shield, I'll get you down with no harm." he urged the cat, his right up strongly holding onto a thick branch which just about seemed to support his weight.
---
#28 Posted: 00:39:44 19/04/2015 | Topic Creator
The cat hesitantly looked over at the sheild, shaking in fear. The crowd held their breath as they watched, cameras flashing for what seemed every millisecond. Slowly, the cat placed one paw on the sheild. Then another, reaching forward and sniffing. Then it quickly placed all of it's weight on sheild.
---
#CynderIsAFireDragon
#29 Posted: 00:40:43 19/04/2015
Eventually, Shut-Eye went to hide somewhere before people could see him. ...But he didn't hide well enough, as he was found. He decided to hide in the sewer, which is exactly where Araya went. Eventually, they ended up coming face to face with each other.

"Ack, someone's here!?" Shut-Eye asked. "Well... this is embarrassing. I thought I hid well enough so people wouldn't see. I... I mean I don't have any crimes to hide, it's just that I didn't want people to see me yet. ...At least not until people know I'm on their side. ...Umm, please don't be alarmed. I'm friendly. ...Well provided you burglarizing the old gold-quarry that is. ...I mean the bank of course."

OOC: I don't get online very often a day, so please don't go too far without me. I'm usually on for half an hour twice a day.
#30 Posted: 00:45:55 19/04/2015
"Hold on, small feline friend. There's going to be a bit of a bump..." he quietly announced to the tabby before releasing his grip on the tree and, with his right leg on the tree, pushing himself away from the vegetation as to not scratch his legs any further.

The landing was rough, but not damaging to the cat or Aaron as he landed on his side with the cat nestled in his arms and the Aegis shield (with the sword underneath, he must have released it mid-jump, he mentally punished himself for such a careless and dangerous move) laying behind both of them. Luckily, no one could lift the shield to harm themselves on the pure electrical power of Zeus channeled in the sword's metals. With his left arm applying a force towards the ground, he managed to pick himself from the ground and smiled triumphantly at the hoard of reporters, giving a wave and a sly wink.
---
#31 Posted: 00:52:31 19/04/2015 | Topic Creator
The small crowd cheered as the old lady Donna O'Neil ran up. "Oh thank you, thank you!" she said, tears choking her voice "Mr. Tumbles is the only family I have left. Why, if anything happened to him I would be devistated!"

She delicately swooped the cat up into her arm, Mr. Tumbles purring loudly. "How much should I pay you...I'm sorry dear what is your name?"
---
#CynderIsAFireDragon
#32 Posted: 01:11:48 19/04/2015
Aaron let the orange tabby be taken back into his beloved owners arms, giving it a gentle rub under its chubby chin with a small smile before looking back at the fragile old woman.

"I do not require materialistic currency, Mrs. O'Neil. I would just like to be recognized as a true patron of this city, unlike many other heroes who only want to help themselves and use their gifts for selfish gain." he explained, edging himself towards the direction of the cameras slightly. There was honesty in his words, but obviously he was putting on a more exaggerated persona to appeal to the public. He genuinely cared for this town and decided that, from the knowledge offered upon to him by Modify, he should make his love more obvious.
---
#33 Posted: 01:13:45 19/04/2015
"Mmmmf....." The sun shone brightly into the studio apartment that Raymond Pifter resided in. It was as if the sun hated him and wanted him not to sleep in for two days straight. Raymond pulled the Batman-covered covers over his face but the sun was not resistant, it shone through the thinness of the covers. "OKAY!" Ray shouted as he threw the covers off the bed itself and sat up. "I see that you are being incredibly inconsiderate of my 'Me Time', Mister Sun! I'll play by your rules! But you owe me at least sixteen hours tonight!" Ray shook his fist towards his window and up at the sun. He jumped out of his bed, all he was wearing was a pair of grey Boxer-briefs and some grey socks. He lazily shuffled over to the closet in his bedroom and sighed as he rummaged through the pile of clothes. Of course he had many, many clothes hangers, but he could never be bothered to hang his clothes up or put them in the drawers of his dresser so he just piled them up accordingly. "I'm feeling.....Hmm....I think I like the Hoodie today..." He grabbed a tight, black muscle shirt and put a grey button-up shirt over top, accompanied next by his Grey and Yellow Hoodie which he so loved and cherished. His long monkey-esque tail hung low to the floor, droopy and lazy just like the person it was attached to. With great swiftness, the tail wrapped around Ray's leg and he pulled on a pair of Navy Blue jeans. Underneath of course he wore his 'Superpants' Something he wasn't a fan of but he knew he couldn't go running around in jeans all the time. Though he was working on replacing them with something less eye-catching and conspicuous. Ray headed for the bathroom, he spiked his hair to that of where both sides met in the middle front and made one big Rhino-like spike and then shot himself a wink, a finger snap, and a smile. Ray headed for the door after finishing his activities in the bathroom.

He rushed out of his apartment, taking the stairs instead of the elevator due to his fear of them, something ironic as he could easily get out if anything were to happen. He made his way into the street. He took a pair of black-framed square glasses from his pocket and placed them on his face. "What to do, what to do....I could put a cat in a tree and then rescue said cat from said tree....But that'd only kill like, an hour, plus I need a cat....Eh. Maybe I'll just check out the bar, see if any ladies wanna hit me up, hehe.....But then I'd have to talk to girls.....Eugh....." He shrugged and kept on walking down the sidewalk, giving smiles to every cute girl that passed by and giving nods to everyone else. "I know! I could rob a bank!" He exclaimed to himself. "No...No wait...No, I got that the wrong way around....I stop that...Riiiiiiggghhhhtt...." Ray didn't mind having a lazy day, though in his mind he knew that if he wanted a lazy day, he'd probably get the opposite.
---
#34 Posted: 01:35:09 19/04/2015 | Topic Creator
A reporter steps in right next to Aaron, holding a microphone tightly. "What a story we have today folks! Reporting live from uptown Rowland and to Market Square, a new hero steps into the light to save the beloved cat of the richest woman in town! And when asked for a reward, he rejects it! What a humble hero! What is your name, hero?"

She hands the microphone over to Aaron's face, the crowd of reporters waiting in amticipation.
---
#CynderIsAFireDragon
#35 Posted: 01:53:39 19/04/2015
Araya turned around to see some weird chimera like creature standing in the sewage before her.

"What the HELL are you!?" She said, her face wrinkled in a mix between amazement and disgust.

OOC: I just took a minute to write this, gotta go back to prom now! I'll be back in a few hours.
#36 Posted: 02:01:16 19/04/2015
Aaron, with a comforting and safe smile, looked at the reporter and nodded, and looked at the camera. "You can call me... Olympus." he proudly said with enough volume for all the microphones in the small gathering of reports to pick up on. "And I'm here to... make a difference." was added on to the end before nodding at the reporter, and walking away, making sure to leave the perfect balance of mystery, yet public satisfaction.
---
#37 Posted: 06:04:44 19/04/2015
Ray had been walking down the street, his mind on the topics of the usual things he thought about; Girls, food, girls, more food, other girls, sleeping, food again. He didn't have a very complex mind. Ray was humming, looking about the city as he did so, wondering if maybe he should go out patrolling or just keep the day lazy, he preferred the latter but then something caught his attention. He had cut down a back alley to avoid having to wait for traffic a few blocks ahead and as he walked over a manhole cover that led to the sewers he could hear voices, it was clear it wasn't the voice of a construction worker, and he hadn't seen any sewage vans around. "Well....I could take a nice walk through this darkened alleyway full of dead rats and possibly muggers...Or I could trudge through the sewers....Both are quite pleasing but I think I'll go for the sewers, at least then I might get some action!" Ray closed his eyes and focused for a moment, as he did so, horns sprouted out from his head and through the top of his hoodie, his pants began to rip and they tore off, leaving his spandex beneath. He opened his eyes and let his long tail pop out and be seen. Really have to work on these pants, not a fan of the spandex route....Eh, oh well. He threw open the manhole cover and jumped down, looking around to see if anyone else was there.
---
#38 Posted: 06:51:37 19/04/2015
Suddenly, Araya heard a splash behind her.
"Don't you move..." She told the strange creature.
She stepped cautiously, her staff in a defensive position. Down the sewer, she saw something that looked half man, half beast. As it stepped forward, and into the dim light from above, she noticed the faintest traces of someone she knew in the monster's face.

"Get out of the sewers please, we're having a private moment!" Araya called out, sarcastically.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:54:37 19/04/2015 by StriderSwag
#39 Posted: 06:59:26 19/04/2015
Zodiac looked the Chimera-esque creature up and down. "Whoa...." He said before turning his eyes to Cell. "Our boy here looks hungry, hope you didn't cover yourself in salt today because he looks like he's gonna bite! And let's be honest, bud, I'd be all gamey and ew...She'd be a much better meal!"

Zodiac ran to her side, looking over at the beast. "Well, what do ya think? Is this one of those 'crocodile-flushed-down-the-toilet' kind of things or are we dealing with some ugly-ass cosplayer? Either way I have an urge to-uh kick-uh some butt-uh!"

"HEY UGLY!" Zodiac shouted towards the beast. "WHAT'S BIG, FAT, HAS THE I.Q. OF A SACK OF POTATO'S AND IS YOU!....Oh wait, I gave it away...Oh well! C'mon! Tauro! Tauro!!!!" He screamed, not noticing the 'beast' wasn't really a beast.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 10:24:04 19/04/2015 by Lunarz
#40 Posted: 07:03:22 19/04/2015
"Great, now I have to deal with TWO zoo escapees..." Araya said, sighing.
"Look, weird... thing... The one next to me. I can handle this guy. So go get back to Animal Kingdom and I'll return your buddy."
#41 Posted: 10:22:06 19/04/2015
Aaron was walking down the street, with an approaching crusade of dazzled reporters tracking him. Not that he wasn't enjoying the attention, but he felt like he needed to get out of the spotlight very quickly before everyone in Rowland knew every single detail about this alias he just made. So, he turned many dirty street corners but alas they were stuck on his trail.

"I know..." he thought, dipping into a completely empty back-alley, after recalling his armour but not his weapons (these alleys were shady) behind a dumpster and sat there for a moment. Suddenly, the filth and grime came to his mind and his immediately got up and brushed it off. As he was just beginning to stride to the other side of the alley, the tip of his left foot bumped into a manhole cover, giving off a subtle but audible clang of metal against the musty ground.

He lowered his body and peered into the open manhole, not being able to see more than what appeared to be a few figures murmuring unknown things. With a brave front, he jumped down into the sewer and daringly approached the two figures, his sword giving off the faintest hint of a glow.
"What is wrong?" he asked, squinting his eyes, gradually opening them wider as he made out a male and female figure as his eyes adjusted to the sudden change of light.

OOC: c'mon you can't fight the chimera without the ancient greek-based hero, right?
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 10:26:33 19/04/2015 by BigBoom
#42 Posted: 12:53:59 19/04/2015
"Please, his insults are, well just say cute at best," Shut-Eye mentioned. "And just for the record, I'm a tapir. ...Well part tapir, part lion, but this is just. ...Nevermind, if I start blathering off now, there won't be enough time for a fight."

Shut-Eye looked at Araya and nodded. He appreciated her help, but wasn't going to let her do all the work. "I think I'm perfectly capable of holding my own," he said. "Let's fight..."

But of course, one more person decided to join the fight. Shut-Eye took a look at Aaron and started to feel more nervous.

"Uhhh, pay no attention to the white elephant in the room," he said. "It's him you want to worry about. ...I think." Shut-Eye assumed Zodiac was evil. But at the same time they assumed he was evil too. This might not end well.

OOC: I can tell this is going to go on without me by the time I get back on. I already notice it going by rather quickly. Like I said before, I cannot be on all day, so could you please not go so far without me. I don't like having to trudge through walls and walls of text just to play catch-up, and I have to drop out of a lot of RPs this way, and I'd rather not drop out of this one.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 13:00:50 19/04/2015 by MugoUrth
#43 Posted: 15:24:20 19/04/2015
OOC: I'm just going to drop out of this. My posts are just confusing people le. And MugoUrth, we didn't go far without you???? There can be small story lines that go on without you. Lunarz and I just had some dialogue, we didn't go far without you at all.
#44 Posted: 15:52:10 19/04/2015 | Topic Creator
OOC: Mugo please realize just because there are walls of text doesn't mean that the story went really far. I also have to read it too so I can add conflict to the situation should there be any. If I can do it, so can you. And StriderSwag, I don't see how your posts are confusing everyone is following your posts just fine??
---
#CynderIsAFireDragon
#45 Posted: 15:58:14 19/04/2015
OOC: By the "chimera" thing I was referring to MugoUrth's character, because their superhero form is a mash up of different animals.
#46 Posted: 16:06:58 19/04/2015
OOC: Oh, it seems we've hit a bump. >-< My bad, I should have read the posts before for clarity before responding how I did. Also, MugoUrth, I don't really see your point here. I don't mean to sound rude, but other RPers might want to progress, this a fast-paced RP.
---
#47 Posted: 16:53:10 19/04/2015
//Lmao, don't drop out of an rp cuz people didn't see another users post so they got confused lmao. You dropping out literally ****s three other people. I want this to continue, so let's let it.
---
#48 Posted: 16:59:01 19/04/2015 | Topic Creator
OOC: Alright, I think we're fine. So please don't leave, it was one mishap!
~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~

Meanwhile a train was roaring over the city of Rowland. The drivers began to panic as the counter of the bombs planted in every train was getting closer to '0'. There was only 5 minutes left. They didn't bother telling the passengers about the threat, but for how quickly news passes chances are they already know.

As one driver passed over Market Square, he noticed that on the side of the track there was a mysterious figure fiddling with with something he couldn't see. The driver put two and two together and realized that this must be the person placing bombs on the track! He quickly grabbed a walkie talkie from the control board and pushed the "Talk" button on it.

"This is Yukon to Homebase, I had just found the person behind the bombs. It appears to be a man of average build dressed in all black....that's right covered from head to toe!"

As quick as the news was sent to Homebase, the news had also reached the media. New information about a mysterious black figure has now reached billboards everywhere.
---
#CynderIsAFireDragon
#49 Posted: 17:14:18 19/04/2015
ooc: Fine, I guess I'll stick around...
#50 Posted: 17:40:16 19/04/2015
OOC: Sorry if I felt a little moody. I didn't say anyone was going too far yet, but I've had it happen to me where I post something in the morning, and by the next time I log in, there's pages of text I have to read through, and often times people have moved on. But I don't want to turn people off by my slow speed. Also, I would be kind of depressed if you dropped out StriderSwag. I like your character.
Page 1 of 8 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me