Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Manga [CLOSED]
aran Emerald Sparx Gems: 4040
#1 Posted: 16:46:09 11/04/2015 | Topic Creator
Does anybody read manga? It seems like not many people do :/
I would love it if anybody would like to answer this forum.

do you read manga online, or buy the books? what is your favorite manga, and what mangas would you recommend? smilie

for me i like to buy the books, it makes me enjoy the story even more.
and right now i'm reading Phoenix by osamu tezuka smilie
DragonCamo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6606
#2 Posted: 17:29:49 11/04/2015
I currently read
Attack on Titan
Are You Alice?
WATAMOTE (No Matter How I Look At It, It's You Guy's Fault I'm Not Popular)
---
Gay 4 GARcher
Lunarz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3328
#3 Posted: 18:48:04 11/04/2015
Pokemon Adventures, brah
---
Lanky Kong saved me despite having no style nor grace.
Darby Platinum Sparx Gems: 5738
#4 Posted: 19:04:47 11/04/2015
I tend to read it online, but plan to slowly build up an actual collection of books whenever I have extra money.

I've read:
Oyasumi Punpun
A Girl By The Sea
Lovely Complex (has a special place in my little girl heart since it was the first manga I read)
Elfen Lied
Tokyo Ghoul (finishing it up, then going to read Tokyo Ghoul: Re)
Attack on Titan (unfinished, so I'm keeping up with it)
TorchSheep Emerald Sparx Gems: 3251
#5 Posted: 19:05:05 11/04/2015
The only manga I read is the Attack on Titan one.
StriderSwag Gold Sparx Gems: 2769
#6 Posted: 19:26:49 11/04/2015
I'm reading Attack on Titan, Durarara!, and Puella Magi Madoka Magica: Another Story.
spyrolvr96 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1214
#7 Posted: 22:37:12 11/04/2015
I read Dragon Ball...
Am I cool yet guiz?
---
The thing I never really wrapped my brain around until now was in order to be remembered, in order to leave something significant behind, you have to leave
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6072
#8 Posted: 23:09:17 11/04/2015
I usually buy them, so I tend to only read ones of a series I already like from watching the anime.

One Piece (most of it, still behind)
Deadman Wonderland (On-going in English publication)
DNAngel (up to volume 13 when they quit issuing it in English)
Durarara (Manga is on-going)
Yu-Gi-Oh GX (Complete)

I also read most of the Fullmetal Alchemist manga from my library when I would go there after school. Also read Scott Pilgrim at the library if you want to count that. I am also considering starting collecting the Sword Art Online light novels.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
IsisStormDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 7127
#9 Posted: 02:09:49 12/04/2015
I read some MegaMan and Pokemon manga. Haven't really read as much as I would like due to various factors.

Plus I'm very picky about what appeals to me and it can be difficult for me to find something.
Sky-Glaceon10 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1910
#10 Posted: 06:06:07 12/04/2015
I usually read manga online, but if it's in my local library I usually request it from there. If I had the money I would buy/collect more manga.

I'm currently reading:
Attack on Titan
Noragami
Ao no Exorcist (need to catch up)
Blood Lad (also need to catch up)
Toradora
Tokyo Ghoul:re

Finished:
Fruits Basket (first manga that I ever read)
Death Note
Ouran High School Host Club
Tokyo Ghoul
Soul Eater
---
"A Zone greater than Zone." Aomine Daiki - 2015
Ask me stuff I guess.
Lunarz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3328
#11 Posted: 06:27:56 12/04/2015
Quote: Sky-Glaceon10
I usually read manga online, but if it's in my local library I usually request it from there. If I had the money I would buy/collect more manga.

I'm currently reading:
Attack on Titan
Noragami
Ao no Exorcist (need to catch up)
Blood Lad (also need to catch up)
Toradora
Tokyo Ghoul:re

Finished:
Fruits Basket (first manga that I ever read)
Death Note
Ouran High School Host Club
Tokyo Ghoul
Soul Eater

I heard about Fruits Basket in Junior High and was told to read it but didn't. What's it about?
---
Lanky Kong saved me despite having no style nor grace.
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#12 Posted: 07:56:33 12/04/2015
I'm currently reading Noragami, Attack on Titan, Blue Exorcist, Kuroko Extra Game and Black Butler, all online at Mangafox. I'm going to start Durarara soon.

I've finished Reborn, Rurouni Kenshin, Deadman Wonderland and Kuroko no Basket. There are probably other ones too that I've forgotten.

I ready them all online since I find it too hard buying them all. I've only read Fruits Basket this way, but only because my sister has bought all the volumes and I kind of just... snatched them.
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
Wild Platinum Sparx Gems: 5045
#13 Posted: 00:24:20 16/04/2015
I read manga

I probably won't remember all that I've read, so I won't list them. I'm not currently reading anything, a lot of time I just do rereading. I'm kind of selective, and without time...but there's a lot on my to-read list whenever I can access them.
Dragons-go-hrr Platinum Sparx Gems: 6991
#14 Posted: 00:31:10 16/04/2015
I don't really read that much manga tbh, only when I really enjoy a series, and just online. At the moment I'm reading Noragami and Natsume's book of Friends.
---
"Was it a hot ghost?"
shroom boom Emerald Sparx Gems: 3133
#15 Posted: 06:07:10 18/04/2015
i read it
---
103 skylanders in total SSA:31/32 SG:26/30 SSF:39/56
DragonCamo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6606
#16 Posted: 17:01:40 17/05/2015
I recently picked up The Devil is a Part-Timer and Clay Lord and have added them to series I will continue (Omfg Clay lord is awesome XD)

Also, Danganronpa: The Animation Manga is licensed and getting an english release :3
---
Gay 4 GARcher
#17 Posted: 01:53:27 25/06/2015
I'm waiting on Volumes 1-5 of the Yu-Gi-Oh! 5d's manga to arrive, I managed to buy 1-7 with a bunch of giftcards (only had to spend six dollars outside of gitfcards) I had gathered throughout the years.

The store had 6 and 7 in stock, so I have them physically right now!! I still haven't opened the packages, since I want to wait until I actually have 1-5. I don't have Volume 8 and/or 9 on preorder, but I'll probably be able to get them as soon as they are released over here.

I think I'll be able to possibly get Yu-Gi-Oh! GX, and Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelist and Millennium World from my older bro, if he'll give me them. I might get ZeXal, eventually, but I'm not quite sure, it depends on if I have enough money I can spend freely in the future.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:53:53 25/06/2015 by Wild
AvatariDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 6085
#18 Posted: 03:17:52 26/06/2015
Quote: Lunarz
I heard about Fruits Basket in Junior High and was told to read it but didn't. What's it about?

It's about this girl in high school named Tohru whose mother had passed away and was pretty much forced to live out on her own. She ends up coming across the house of a popular classmate and they offer to let her stay with them. Turns out their family is cursed with the spirits of the Chinese zodiac, and when they're hugged by the opposite sex or become weak they transform into whatever their zodiac animal is. The series basically just follows their daily lives with all of that, and there's more to it but I don't want to give away too much >.< It's really good though, and I suggest reading it rather than watching the anime because it isn't as good as the manga in my opinion.
---
♥ May 23, 2011 ♥
TheSpyrofan12 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#19 Posted: 20:17:50 28/06/2015
I haven't read much manga.
I've read:
Pokemon Adventures (Volumes 1-22, Diamond and Pearl, Platinum 1-7, and HGSS),
Pokemon DP Adventure,
Death Note, and
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (Volumes 1-3)

Quote: AvatariDragon
Quote: Lunarz

It's about this girl in high school named Tohru whose mother had passed away and was pretty much forced to live out on her own. She ends up coming across the house of a popular classmate and they offer to let her stay with them. Turns out their family is cursed with the spirits of the Chinese zodiac, and when they're hugged by the opposite sex or become weak they transform into whatever their zodiac animal is. The series basically just follows their daily lives with all of that, and there's more to it but I don't want to give away too much >.< It's really good though, and I suggest reading it rather than watching the anime because it isn't as good as the manga in my opinion.

I've watched the anime and I loved it. But isn't the manga hard to find?
---
Bring the Fanta
AvatariDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 6085
#20 Posted: 20:43:44 28/06/2015
The anime is good but it left a bunch of stuff out from the manga.
And I wouldn't think it's that hard to find considering how popular it seems to be. But I wouldn't really know because my school's library had it so that's how I got a hold of it.
---
♥ May 23, 2011 ♥
TheSpyrofan12 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#21 Posted: 20:50:33 28/06/2015
Quote: AvatariDragon
The anime is good but it left a bunch of stuff out from the manga.
And I wouldn't think it's that hard to find considering how popular it seems to be. But I wouldn't really know because my school's library had it so that's how I got a hold of it.

Yeah, I heard the anime is unfinished. But I don't seem to see Fruits Basket in any of book stores I go to (maybe it's because I'm in the UK? Dunno). Oh well. To ebay!
---
Bring the Fanta
#22 Posted: 00:17:23 29/06/2015
They (the 5D's volumes I was waiting for) arrived three days ago, look at this LQ picture. Volume 1 was the only non-first printing.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me