Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Poll Ponderings [CLOSED]
Plordigian Blue Sparx Gems: 626
#1 Posted: 06:30:51 09/04/2015 | Topic Creator
Please allow me to preface by saying that this is really just a nit-pick, and that of course, everyone is entitled to their opinion, regardless of how much consideration went into that opinion. I'm also not judging anyone, just making an appeal to use common sense. Maybe my OCD has gotten the better of me, and this post need be removed; I understand if that is necessary. No hard feelings.

I was reading the comments for the Gusto path poll and began to wonder how many people that answer these polls have actual battle experience with both paths, all three abilities. Usually, one path is obviously better than the other. Yet if people try out only one path, and it's not very good, they decide a character is too weak and slow; when in reality, the other path might make the character strong and fast. Then they choose the only path they know in the poll, despite having never even tried the other path and not even liking the character at all, and we end up with results that are not a reliable indicator of strength. Dizzy Destroyer is vastly superior to Air Ace, for instance.

We all do it; early on, I wrote off plenty of Skylanders because I only tried the wrong path, or the path that didn't feel comfortable for me personally. Yet I'd hear a rumor or read something, and go back and try the other path and find a new favorite. It's why Lightning Rod is one of my favorites in SA despite not actually playing with him much until completing Heroics for everyone.

All I'm saying is, it's very silly to select a path if you do not have in-battle experience with both. Especially if you don't even like the character, because you couldn't give the other path a try against actual foes instead of just the practice dummies in the fairy yard.

So please, fellow Portal Masters, if you have the time and inclination, give both paths a shot before writing a character off completely. And certainly, make an attempt to experience both paths before deciding one is better than the other.
---
1Jn47
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:34:58 09/04/2015 by Plordigian
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#2 Posted: 11:53:05 09/04/2015
^Why not post that in the actual poll topic? It won't get any attention here. >.>
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10259
#3 Posted: 12:14:54 09/04/2015
That and kids of all ages can and will post. Just because they're in the fandom doesn't mean they'll have any longer of an attention span. Maybe it'd be better if Dark got Buuzer or someone else with path analysis videos and put them in the OP so people at least choose between the actual paths instead of liking someone or not.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me