Page 1 of 1
Skylanders Boom Cast
Iganagor Emerald Sparx Gems: 3552
#1 Posted: 09:39:06 05/04/2015 | Topic Creator
I know this hasn't been mentioned for a while, so I was wandering if there is any news for Boom Cast to come back?
---
Summoning a STUNFISK
1. Go to a beach - 2. Fall flat on the ground - 3. Recite Stunfisks fart-cry
4. Flop 618 times - You have a STUNFISK!
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#2 Posted: 12:49:34 05/04/2015
It might happen again since VV is back, but personally, I didn't like that guy...
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#3 Posted: 13:09:25 05/04/2015
Quote: Badwolfmichael
It might happen again since VV is back, but personally, I didn't like that guy...

Agreed. If the Boomcast does return they should bring in someone who doesn't try too hard.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
darkchylde28 Gold Sparx Gems: 2175
#4 Posted: 15:07:48 05/04/2015
I'm going to take a chance and just drop this here. It's not produced by Activision, but for those jonesing for their Skylanders news/multimedia fix:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/po...d965656186?mt=2

And for non-iTunes folks:

http://minikaboom.com/skylanders-podcast/

-Doug
---
SSA: Complete, SG: Complete, SSF: Complete, STT: Complete (Save Yawn Traps), SSC: Complete (To Date) + Various Chase/Promotional Variants
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#5 Posted: 16:04:22 05/04/2015
Quote: AdamGregory03

Agreed. If the Boomcast does return they should bring in someone who doesn't try too hard.

Kid did fine, and he did grow into the role and got better as the episodes progressed. You guys know he simply gets direction, he simply doesn't do anything he feels like?
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
#6 Posted: 20:22:41 05/04/2015
Quote: GhostRoaster
Quote: AdamGregory03

Kid did fine, and he did grow into the role and got better as the episodes progressed. You guys know he simply gets direction, he simply doesn't do anything he feels like?

Okay then. The directors need to not try as hard.
---
Check this out! Please?
drobot007 Green Sparx Gems: 390
#7 Posted: 20:44:15 05/04/2015
What's boom cast again?
---
Add me on Fortnite: ElmoCaused911
#8 Posted: 20:53:57 05/04/2015
Quote: drobot007
What's boom cast again?

Promotional videos made during Swap Force...

---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
drobot007 Green Sparx Gems: 390
#9 Posted: 21:18:03 05/04/2015
Oh yeah that.
---
Add me on Fortnite: ElmoCaused911
TTD Hunter Gems: 6201
#10 Posted: 22:02:14 05/04/2015

I met him in real life once, he was quite nice. But in the boomcast, however it just seemed a bit forced
and he didn't really come across as having a genuine passion for skylanders. If it did return I wouldn't mind seeing Lou Studdert hosting it, I enjoy the videos that he creates on the official skylander channel and clearly has a passion for skylanders.
#11 Posted: 22:14:54 05/04/2015
He has a passion because he gets paid to have passion. I say take a nobody (a REAL fan) and see what happens. smilie

Bottom line, Lou or otherwise...it's basically a promotional/advertising video. At least with Boomcast they tried to work in fan art, strategy videos and interweaving Activision video shorts. It had a little bit of everything. I liked it better than Lou just sitting there making fun of himself opening boxes. Boomcast felt over produced and Lou's takes were dial ins. I say go back to the Boomcast format but get someone who can take a more relaxed stance. That means hearing from the fans, hearing from the developers. back scenes, and yes more animated shorts please. Getting a younger person in there doing the video makes sense given their target market. Take one of the youtube kids (Evan, skylanderkids, etc) who does skylander videos and see what they can do. At least it would be a natural face and someone customers are already familiar with. Truly let these kids geek out and TRULY let them run the show. I think one of the problems with Zach is that he was being directed too much and it felt forced.
---
Edited 6 times - Last edited at 22:28:47 05/04/2015 by GhostRoaster
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#12 Posted: 22:18:38 05/04/2015
Lou definately is more excited to show skylanders things off but I don't think he'd be that good in keeping up the comedy. Most of the funny moments in the unboxings and the official LP were more accidental and his jokes just don't really stand out.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#13 Posted: 22:21:28 05/04/2015
Quote: TTD

I met him in real life once, he was quite nice. But in the boomcast, however it just seemed a bit forced
and he didn't really come across as having a genuine passion for skylanders. If it did return I wouldn't mind seeing Lou Studdert hosting it, I enjoy the videos that he creates on the official skylander channel and clearly has a passion for skylanders.

Yeah, I'd much rather see Lou doing it.

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against the BoomCast guy, I just, like you said, felt like the guy wa being forced to say every line, and really had no outside knowledge of Skylanders,
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3860
#14 Posted: 22:26:27 05/04/2015
He has a passion because he gets paid to have passion. I say take a nobody (a REAL fan) and see what happens. smilie

Bottom line, Lou or otherwise...it's basically a promotional/advertising video. At least with Boomcast they tried to work in fan art, strategy videos and interweaving Activision video shorts. It had a little bit of everything. I liked it better than Lou just sitting there making fun of himself opening boxes. Boomcast felt over produced and Lou's takes were dial ins. I say go back to the Boomcast format but get someone who can take a more relaxed stance. That means hearing from the fans, hearing from the developers. back scenes, and yes more animated shorts please. Getting a younger person in there doing the video makes sense given their target market. Take one of the youtube kids who does skylander videos and see what they can do. At least it would be a natural face and someone customers are already familiar with.

this.
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
TTD Hunter Gems: 6201
#15 Posted: 22:40:40 05/04/2015
It doesn't just have to be 1 presenter either. It could have a more nintendo direct format to it (granted they will only have around 10 minutes compared to 50 minutes). A kid presenter could have a few minutes talking about a given skylander followed by an adult (or kid) presenter showing off fan art and fan emails and finally Lou or another presenter could talk about news or upcoming events.
#16 Posted: 22:41:51 05/04/2015
It doesn't just have to be 1 presenter either. It could have a more nintendo direct format to it (granted they will only have around 10 minutes compared to 50 minutes). A kid presenter could have a few minutes talking about a given skylander followed by an adult (or kid) presenter showing off fan art and fan emails and finally Lou or another presenter could talk about news or upcoming events.

Great idea
---
pennyman Gold Sparx Gems: 2106
#17 Posted: 04:30:54 06/04/2015
Doubtful we'll see Boomcast return anytime soon - Activision is using Lou as their spokesperson how to promote the products in a more organic way.
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#18 Posted: 04:38:11 06/04/2015
Aww, but it was a fun series though.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#19 Posted: 09:06:07 06/04/2015
Quote: drobot007
What's boom cast again?

Promotional videos made during Swap Force...

i never understand why they didnt go with coinuptv,skylanderboyandgirl or familygamertv... but instead they use this fake guy that everyone can see is not into skylanders at all.. bad move for acti for sure.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#20 Posted: 09:10:14 06/04/2015
I would rather have them choose someone different if they decide to do Boomcast again in the future.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#21 Posted: 12:00:31 06/04/2015
But definately don't get an LPer, at least not one that's exclusively kid-oriented. I'm okay with them as people but honestly it's really hard to get through a Skyfamily or FamilyGamerTV video at my age. Someone that can entertain people in general okay is better than someone who's great focused on kids but that just becomes annoying to everyone else.

Also huh, I only watched the first episode and gave up,but didn't know they showed fanart. That explains the post on their FB long ago where they asked for just about any fanart you could send, even got one accepted there somewhere.
---
#22 Posted: 13:16:39 06/04/2015
Quote: Aura24
I would rather have them choose someone different if they decide to do Boomcast again in the future.

Yeah, someone like you or me, or even that PokyPro guy. He seems interested in Skylanders enough to hold a show.
---
Check this out! Please?
#23 Posted: 14:15:49 06/04/2015
Quote: Bifrost
But definately don't get an LPer, at least not one that's exclusively kid-oriented. I'm okay with them as people but honestly it's really hard to get through a Skyfamily or FamilyGamerTV video at my age. Someone that can entertain people in general okay is better than someone who's great focused on kids but that just becomes annoying to everyone else.

Also huh, I only watched the first episode and gave up,but didn't know they showed fanart. That explains the post on their FB long ago where they asked for just about any fanart you could send, even got one accepted there somewhere.

Good point about picking someone that is more of a generalist that can get through to all ages. Heck have segments of the show and target appropriately. Yeah towards the end the show hit its stride. I was turned off in the beginning as you were but I stuck with it. They really did listen to feedback.
---
captainzombie Green Sparx Gems: 459
#24 Posted: 16:06:38 06/04/2015
I think Skycast is pretty good for the most part and they still have a few kinks to work out. Matt, Doug, and Abby do a good job trying to keep their show entertaining and focused.
#25 Posted: 17:26:24 06/04/2015
Quote: captainzombie
I think Skycast is pretty good for the most part and they still have a few kinks to work out. Matt, Doug, and Abby do a good job trying to keep their show entertaining and focused.

What's a skycast?
---
minikaboom Green Sparx Gems: 356
#26 Posted: 18:00:48 06/04/2015

Thank you, we appreciate the feedback. We're learning as we go, hopefully getting better each week. Thanks for giving it a listen. If there's anything we can do to make the show better we'd love to hear from everyone!

-Matt

What's a skycast?

A Skylanders fan podcast we started a couple of months ago... myself, my daughter Abby, and Doug who you've no doubt seen on here. Doug linked to it earlier in this thread. Thanks, -Matt
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:43:50 06/04/2015 by Matteomax
captainzombie Green Sparx Gems: 459
#27 Posted: 18:08:45 06/04/2015
Quote: minikaboom

Thank you, we appreciate the feedback. We're learning as we go, hopefully getting better each week. Thanks for giving it a listen. If there's anything we can do to make the show better we'd love to hear from everyone!

-Matt

Matt, your welcome! When are you guys going to post episode #9? I was looking forward to it being available today since you guys usually record on the weekends, but don't see it posted yet.

I think you guys should also check out BlogTalk Radio, can't remember if it's free to use but you can also take live callers on the show from time to time to spice things up. So far I really like the current format you guys have and the almost 2 hrs go by very fast.
#28 Posted: 18:21:27 06/04/2015
If Boomcast is aired again, I would like to see someone, or cast, who doesn't try too hard to be entertaining, is a Skylanders fan, has knowledge on the Skylanders franchise, doesn't fill every line with jokes, has enthusiam.
---
#29 Posted: 18:21:39 06/04/2015

Matt, your welcome! When are you guys going to post episode #9? I was looking forward to it being available today since you guys usually record on the weekends, but don't see it posted yet.

I think you guys should also check out BlogTalk Radio, can't remember if it's free to use but you can also take live callers on the show from time to time to spice things up. So far I really like the current format you guys have and the almost 2 hrs go by very fast.

Ep. 9 will be up late tonight or early tomorrow. We recorded a day later than usual due to Easter/family stuff so I'm running just a bit behind this week with editing and posting. I will definitely check out BlogTalkRadio! That sounds cool. We just got something similar called Speakpipe which lets listeners call in and leave messages but a live call-in thing would be really neat to have as well. Thanks again for being a fan of the show.
#30 Posted: 18:40:11 06/04/2015
Cool, listening to the Sky 5 speculation podcast. Some wild ideas smilie
---
#31 Posted: 17:51:31 07/04/2015
Cool, listening to the Sky 5 speculation podcast. Some wild ideas smilie

Haha yeah that was a fun show. I've taken to calling it the "It's nice to want things" episode. None of that stuff is going to happen lol.
#32 Posted: 23:55:05 07/04/2015
If Boomcast is aired again, I would like to see someone, or cast, who doesn't try too hard to be entertaining, is a Skylanders fan, has knowledge on the Skylanders franchise, doesn't fill every line with jokes, has enthusiam.

THIS.
---
#33 Posted: 15:58:54 08/04/2015

Actually, to a large degree that's currently the format we have with the Skycast. It's not specifically broken down as adult versus kid segments, but Matt's daughter Abby is one of the hosts of our show and contributes to/drives the conversation with Matt and I during each show that she's available for. If you haven't already, you may want to give it a listen as it may fit this particular niche for you.

Thanks! Any feedback, especially praise, is welcomed and eagerly looked forward to. If you wouldn't care, please either reply or PM me with what "kinks" you see so that Matt, Abby and I can work on doing what we can to get them worked out. Being on the inside of things, the only things I've noticed so far have been our not-nearly-as-professional-as-we'd-like "radio" skills and the occasional hiccup with getting the show out on our regular release day(s) due to real life intruding, but that's hardly the most objective place to be to notice all issues. Let us know, though, we'd love to hear your thoughts!

Quote: skylandersspyro

THIS.

Not to talk about it too much, but if you haven't, give the Skycast a listen. That's basically what we try to do with our format, as we're just fans who love Skylanders and were tired of there not being any sort of dedicated podcast available. While we're not doing video at the moment, we do try to do the best we can fill that niche.

-Doug
---
SSA: Complete, SG: Complete, SSF: Complete, STT: Complete (Save Yawn Traps), SSC: Complete (To Date) + Various Chase/Promotional Variants
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#34 Posted: 18:12:44 09/04/2015
Doug,

You haven't finished Trap Team yet? For shame.... smilie
#35 Posted: 18:37:53 09/04/2015
Quote: TakeYourLemons
Doug,

You haven't finished Trap Team yet? For shame.... smilie

While true, lol, I have my reasons. Originally it was just my idea, and the idea went that my wife and I would wait until all of the figures came out before we finished the game to make sure that we were still invested and had a reason for continuing to collect them and finish up the "set." The same went for Giants. When Trap Team came around, I got a little antsy and asked my wife if she wanted to go ahead and play through some more content or even the end of the game about midway through the full release cycle. The vehement response I got back precisely confirming that no, she absolutely did not want to do that let me know that she was now of the same opinion I had been. This time around we both have that mindset but also have a newborn to look after and have much less time than we used to. So now, instead of endlessly circling around levels that we'd played over and over, waiting for new characters to drop, we play when we can. So far, that's roughly coincided with drops of new figures.

I've heard about the end of the game and seen bits and pieces of it but am honestly in no rush to complete it. Now that I've got a PS4 and basically have to start all over if I want to move to that platform, I get to have fun with it all over again...to a point, lol.

-Doug
---
#36 Posted: 20:26:29 09/04/2015
Playing the game at the pace you want with the figures you want is pretty good. I rushed to finish the LP(which I need to get on updating,uh) and I'm having a much better time now just going through the levels as I wish instead of rushing to collectibles on 30-minute blocks.
---
#37 Posted: 22:30:59 09/04/2015
That's cool. I waited until Christmas so I had wave 1 - 3 to play with. I've actually entertained waiting until all the figures are out. The guys at the end ALWAYS get the short end of the stick. Good call.
Plordigian Blue Sparx Gems: 626
#38 Posted: 07:31:41 16/04/2015
Waiting until all the figures are released before finishing the game is how I enjoy the series as well. I'm getting antsy to try all the villains, though; kinda wanna know who my favorites turn out to be, in case I need more traps...

The Skycast is excellent! I thoroughly enjoyed the variety of segments, both light-hearted and in-depth. You three really examined the discussion of value and entitlement from multiple thoughtful perspectives; it added a lot to that post. Recently, some friends and I attempted to produce a podcast reviewing comic books on a weekly basis; it is certainly quite a bit of work, and more difficult than it looks on paper. Especially to sound professional, even with a casual atmosphere, isn't easy, and ended up being more work than was feasible considering our schedules. All three of you speak clearly, concisely, to the point, and share interesting info and an obvious love for this great hobby of ours! Keep up the good work! I look forward to the next episode.
---
1Jn47
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:40:45 16/04/2015 by Plordigian
#39 Posted: 12:30:45 16/04/2015
Most definitely....had no idea you could fill a 2 hour podcast with skylanders, but they do it smilie
#40 Posted: 15:44:14 16/04/2015
Quote: Plordigian
Waiting until all the figures are released before finishing the game is how I enjoy the series as well. I'm getting antsy to try all the villains, though; kinda wanna know who my favorites turn out to be, in case I need more traps...

That's sort of the point that my wife and I are at now. We've (hopefully) only got one more wave to go before everything's done and we're itching to get back into the game and not have any self imposed restrictions in place on where we have to stop. At this point we've both seen and heard parts of the ending so there's no surprise there, but I don't think that will really take away from the satisfaction of completing it.

Quote:
The Skycast is excellent! I thoroughly enjoyed the variety of segments, both light-hearted and in-depth. You three really examined the discussion of value and entitlement from multiple thoughtful perspectives; it added a lot to that post. Recently, some friends and I attempted to produce a podcast reviewing comic books on a weekly basis; it is certainly quite a bit of work, and more difficult than it looks on paper. Especially to sound professional, even with a casual atmosphere, isn't easy, and ended up being more work than was feasible considering our schedules. All three of you speak clearly, concisely, to the point, and share interesting info and an obvious love for this great hobby of ours! Keep up the good work! I look forward to the next episode.

Quote: TakeYourLemons
Most definitely....had no idea you could fill a 2 hour podcast with skylanders, but they do it smilie

Thank you guys! I know I say this whenever someone drops compliments our way, but it really does mean a lot to hear stuff like this. It's been somewhat challenging to always make sure something gets out the door and is as well done as we can make it and it really feels great to have that effort recognized and appreciated the way you folks have done so.

-Doug
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me