Page 1 of 1
Question about heroics [CLOSED]
juarmo Blue Sparx Gems: 749
#1 Posted: 06:08:35 03/04/2015 | Topic Creator
Now, I'm told that in SSF, you get a SMALL stat boost from doing all FIFTY heroics from SSA AND SG... Previous people have "debunked" the notion that this is true in STT through claims that were either erroneous because they tested with a character that is unplayable in SSA and therefore, could only get FORTY FIVE heroics, (tree rex), had outright SAID they did all of them in GIANTS specifically, or implied that they only did SOME of them... (because 5 heroics are unobtainable in Giants...)
I NEED ACTUAL evidence that this SMALL stat boost from doing EVERY heroic does NOT exist in Trap Team... before doing it myself... (I intend to buy the 18 figures I actually need/don't have, but only if it is worthwhile...) from the first 2 games...

Actually, I just like most of the old characters' designs, so imma probs buy them in some form eventually...
---
My dream in life is to steamroll Skylanders Imaginators on Nightmare difficulty with only a Level 60 Sir Hoodington with maximum Fire Elemental Power
Buuzer Hunter Gems: 6546
#2 Posted: 06:10:57 03/04/2015
No stats boost in Trap Team only the elemental power, if I'm not wrong.
---
smilie smilie smilie youtube.com/user/GOWBuuzer smilie smilie smilie
#3 Posted: 06:56:17 03/04/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: Buuzer

Again, everybody who did so, didn't even meet the requirements to get ANY stat boost in Swap Force, or implied that they didn't... If they wouldn't get one in SWAP Force, then why should they get one in Trap Team?
And the stat boost in SWAP force was MINIMAL:
Speed: +3
Armor: +5
Crit: + 3
Elemental Power: +6
That is the TOTAL boost in SWAP Force from having all FIFTY heroics between the first two games completed, and you got NOTHING if you did for instance, FORTY NINE HEROICS...
And none of the people who went in DETAIL about their tests, gave any indication that they did all 50, if anything, they only indicated that it was IMPOSSIBLE for them to do so, with a character that could POSSIBLY do only 45... or actually stated that they only did the 45 in Giants OR the 32 in Spyro's Adventure... not the 50 from the two of them...
or implied that they did one or two and saw no change...
I need someone who can do all FIFTY to test this... by DOING ALL FIFTY
---
My dream in life is to steamroll Skylanders Imaginators on Nightmare difficulty with only a Level 60 Sir Hoodington with maximum Fire Elemental Power
Buuzer Hunter Gems: 6546
#4 Posted: 07:20:51 03/04/2015
Quote: juarmo

Again, everybody who did so, didn't even meet the requirements to get ANY stat boost in Swap Force, or implied that they didn't... If they wouldn't get one in SWAP Force, then why should they get one in Trap Team?
That is the TOTAL boost in SWAP Force from having all FIFTY heroics between the first two games completed, and you got NOTHING if you did for instance, FORTY NINE HEROICS...
And none of the people who went in DETAIL about their tests, gave any indication that they did all 50, if anything, they only indicated that it was IMPOSSIBLE for them to do so, with a character that could POSSIBLY do only 45... or actually stated that they only did the 45 in Giants OR the 32 in Spyro's Adventure... not the 50 from the two of them...

I personally wrote this part on the wiki:

You can give all the 50 Heroics to a Skylanders with the Editor.
---
smilie smilie smilie youtube.com/user/GOWBuuzer smilie smilie smilie
#5 Posted: 07:39:27 03/04/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: juarmo

I personally wrote this part on the wiki:

You can give all the 50 Heroics to a Skylanders with the Editor.

Well, can you confirm it does not still apply?... :S
A. What's this Editor?
B. I am a man of Principle... I'd rather shell out a hundred dollars or so on the few figures I do not have, (and plan to get eventually, because I like the new designs of skylanders...) than hack my way to success
C. If you're right, then thanks, now I know that I just need Double Trouble, Star Strike, Hoot Loop, Trap Shadow, Deja Vu, Cobra Cadabra, Blastermind, and Enigma... (question, can stats still go over the max through passive boosts, or not?)
---
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#6 Posted: 13:06:16 03/04/2015
I've muscled through doing all skylanders for first three games doing all heroics and quests. I don't recall Giants quests giving a stat reward but I do know Swap Force quests gave +25HP for each medal (bronze, silver gold) for a total of +75 HP. In the dark places on the Internet, there's a skylander editor that u can use to write data back to the skylander to instantly upgrade, have quests/heroics done, choose different paths etc. We can't discuss it here more than that.

Trap Team flushes any and all acknowledgement of previous work done. I've not heard any confirmation that it recognizes one byte of data from doing heroics or quests.

All games recognize and give stat improvements for Elemental Power based on the number of skylanders you buy in a given element. It's literally the only thing that has survived in terms of "toys to life" stat increases other than Level (HP) and upgrades and gold.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 13:10:17 03/04/2015 by GhostRoaster
#7 Posted: 13:31:50 03/04/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: GhostRoaster
I've muscled through doing all skylanders for first three games doing all heroics and quests. I don't recall Giants quests giving a stat reward but I do know Swap Force quests gave +25HP for each medal (bronze, silver gold) for a total of +75 HP. In the dark places on the Internet, there's a skylander editor that u can use to write data back to the skylander to instantly upgrade, have quests/heroics done, choose different paths etc. We can't discuss it here more than that.

Trap Team flushes any and all acknowledgement of previous work done. I've not heard any confirmation that it recognizes one byte of data from doing heroics or quests.

All games recognize and give stat improvements for Elemental Power based on the number of skylanders you buy in a given element. It's literally the only thing that has survived in terms of "toys to life" stat increases other than Level (HP) and upgrades and gold.

well... that's good to know...
Then my Spyro only needs 9 more Magic Skylanders... (unless the Elemental Link counts Spry and Mini Jini separately from Spyro and Ninjini [does it?])
---
#8 Posted: 14:30:08 03/04/2015 | Topic Creator
If you could buy: Door #1: 5 magic landers, 2 of them Enchanted/Lightcore Variants (Hoot Loop and Star Strike), the other two Cores from SWAP Force and Giants (S2 Double Trouble and Doom Beetle), + Blastermind for 36$
Door #2: 4 of the 7 elements of Trap masters: Tech, Wind, Life, and Earth, that you DON'T have (so STILL missing Magic, Undead, and Fire), for $30
Door #3: All 6 kinds of traps you do not have: Magic, fire, tech, undead, earth, and wind for $34 (then I'd have all ELEVEN)
What would you pick?
Door #1? Door #2? or Door #3?
Keep in mind that the clock is ticking for doors # 1 and 2... (door #2 would jump to $60 in the immediate future, and door #1 would jump to ~$46), but Door #3's offer is here to stay...
---
wild_defender Green Sparx Gems: 465
#9 Posted: 14:46:02 03/04/2015
I didn't know the 50 heroic challenges actually had an effect in SF . That's awesome . I was so disappointed when they didn't do anything. Why didn't SF advertise this? I would've been so much less disappointed in it back then.

I've got a spyro with all 50 challenges but it doesn't look like it does anything in trap team .

Edit:
I got all the SF quests for my spyro today so he's completely maxed out on those and heroics.
I don't think trap team recognises anything. Stats are still the same . His final health at level 20 in trap team is 871 . If that's normal for spyros it doesn't look like trap team acknowledges any past game achievements.
---
Anyone else think Short Cut should be making jokes about running with scissors?
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 17:03:43 03/04/2015 by wild_defender
#10 Posted: 17:43:20 03/04/2015
wild_defender: There's a plethora of threads in the Swap Force section that talk about the very miniscule acknowledgement Swap Force did give for previous achievements. I wish the game made it more official but it doesn't.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
#11 Posted: 23:06:09 03/04/2015
I didn't use forums till trap team so I missed it.
I only started using them for trap team coz I sensed a lot of competetion for new released figures with this game ( it wasn't just me emptying my local store, There were other people in my way this year lol ) so I wanted to stay on top of wave releases.

That actually makes me like SF a lot more , sure it's annoying to get all 50 heroics to actually do anything stat wise, but it's still a decent increase , they couldn't go overboard or they'd have to overpower the new characters more to compensate. Critical hits were out of 20 I think, so getting a +3 is a pretty decent increase.

Yay SF lol. Trap team just seems worse now though lol.
If the games were released like 3 years apart like games used to it wouldn't be a big deal to stop forwards achievement compatibility, but seeing as Giants and SF are still available in a lot of stores right next to trap team due to only being 1 year apart, i expect some effort to make a continuos feeling.
---
#12 Posted: 01:19:05 04/04/2015
^You've stated what makes me not like Trap Team as much as the other games because they got rid of it. Now, my son came behind me and reminded me how much I disliked the grind. And he's right. Heroics/Quests were flawed. What is unacceptable is not trying to engineer a more adequate replacement, because I think it's needed for those who really get into character stat customization. It's that obvious empty void, along with PvP, online etc that doesn't get filled with Kaos Challenge.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:20:00 04/04/2015 by GhostRoaster
#13 Posted: 23:50:45 04/04/2015
I agree The grind does take a bit of endurance ( it would've been better if they limited stat upgrades to a max of 20 or something to provide individual character chstomization and less grindingn) , but I'd definitely rather they'd kept heroics instead of getting rid of them, at least they provided almost endless achievements for every character.

Kaos doom challenge I think is a much worse grind. Heroics at least had different goals . Tower defense would've been an amazing mini challenge or just a in level mini game through the story. But as a giant seperate 100wave game I just don't like it.
I actually only like playing the second level of it where you only have 6 waves to defeat and 2 turrets. Everything after that with at least 10 waves just takes too much time to do just for some money and experience.
---
#14 Posted: 02:54:47 05/04/2015
You have a point. I can imagine a level like SSA Stormy Stronghold with tower defense elements in it...it would've been AWESOME.

The 10-15 Challenge levels look EXTREMELY kid UNFRIENDLY...I mean one of those can take upwards of an hour. It's clearly there for grinding, as there's really nothing else to do but play the same story levels. With all of the complaints of hour long Swap Force levels Im surprised people didn't chime in on this.
---
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 03:00:06 05/04/2015 by GhostRoaster
#15 Posted: 04:50:48 05/04/2015
yeah I don't get it iether. people just seem to be happy beating it in easy to max out a skylanders In one session. I miss the days of Hard to get money and experience.

I think they made doom challenge because it's kind of another "hint" at new players that it's good to have 20+ skylanders.
If your playing on hard or nightmare (and arnt over abusing your villain use or basically cheating with Kaos lol)' it can force you to go through a fair few skylanders If they arnt levelled up much .

I think they were being literal when Kaos describes the challenge needing " a whole army of skylanders " to beat it.

But on the plus side it does have a form of random enemy wave generation in it, so here's hoping its kind of a practise model for future challenge things they set up.
---
#16 Posted: 16:09:26 05/04/2015
Yeah I got that comment too...and agree the point of it i to amass a skylander army to beat it. I too wish TfB would reverse their XP/Gold to match VV...harder you set the setting, the more rewards.
---
drobot007 Green Sparx Gems: 390
#17 Posted: 20:18:32 05/04/2015
Quote: GhostRoaster
You have a point. I can imagine a level like SSA Stormy Stronghold with tower defense elements in it...it would've been AWESOME.

The 10-15 Challenge levels look EXTREMELY kid UNFRIENDLY...I mean one of those can take upwards of an hour. It's clearly there for grinding, as there's really nothing else to do but play the same story levels. With all of the complaints of hour long Swap Force levels Im surprised people didn't chime in on this.

Not to me
---
Add me on Fortnite: ElmoCaused911
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me