Page 1 of 1
Spotlight or Echo?
thumpinator Gold Sparx Gems: 2419
#1 Posted: 08:46:28 29/03/2015 | Topic Creator
Who is better?
Burning Gnorc Emerald Sparx Gems: 3463
#2 Posted: 09:31:46 29/03/2015
Echo has an attack that deals 700 damage in one hit, but it takes a lot of wind-up time and leaves you very exposed to danger which cancels the wind-up.

Spotlight's eye beams are consistently powerful and you can fire them off instantly.
---
Eh.
wreckingballbob Emerald Sparx Gems: 4565
#3 Posted: 10:04:43 29/03/2015
I think Spotlight is better than Echo.
---
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5461
#4 Posted: 10:05:51 29/03/2015
ECHO ALL THE WAY!
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#5 Posted: 10:51:12 29/03/2015
Eh, it's difficult.

The paths I choose for them (The Ringer and Singalong) make Spotlight a strategic character, and Echo a powerhouse of frontal hits.

They are just really different.
Spotlight is fast and tactical, Echo is slower (not slow) and less strategic.
Both really good. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
wavesorcerer14 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4873
#6 Posted: 15:36:37 29/03/2015
I prefer Echo
---
"altissima quaeque flumina minimo sono labi."
Street50 Gold Sparx Gems: 2060
#7 Posted: 15:40:30 29/03/2015
Quote: Burning Gnorc
Echo has an attack that deals 700 damage in one hit, but it takes a lot of wind-up time and leaves you very exposed to danger which cancels the wind-up.

Spotlight's eye beams are consistently powerful and you can fire them off instantly.

I'm going with Spotlight for this reason. Her forever, fast and very powerful eye beams make her a Drobot type threat.
ppmdoesskylands Green Sparx Gems: 258
#8 Posted: 16:01:14 29/03/2015
BOTH!!!!
---
No Pie, No Glory!
Read my story! The Drow Mage
anyone else think gold is stupid?
TheShadowDragon Ripto Gems: 2886
#9 Posted: 16:53:48 29/03/2015
I think the answer is pretty obvious here. Definitely Echo. Not only is she very powerful, but also the cutest dragoness in Skylands.
preciousawaken Yellow Sparx Gems: 1774
#10 Posted: 18:32:25 29/03/2015
I love both equally but if I had to choose only one I would go with Echo.
GigaCamo Emerald Sparx Gems: 4288
#11 Posted: 20:13:02 29/03/2015
Both but Spotlight (More Rare) and Echo (Better gameplay)
samuraituretsky Yellow Sparx Gems: 1430
#12 Posted: 21:00:16 29/03/2015
I would say Echo is stronger, imo, but mostly due to the versatility: she can do a lot of damage with the scream when she has space and then as soon as she starts to get overrun, she can turn and flee while still doing damage with the bubbles. The scream and the bubbles are both effective on either path. The bubble path obviously makes the bubbles stronger and adds survivability, while the Singalong path makes the scream better and makes better use of the slam. The 700 damage AoE is really a non-factor due to the charge-up time, but it's a fun move to throw in for fun. I started out on the bubble path but ended up resetting to Singalong since I wanted to make better use of the slam. If you jump cancel immediately after the slam you can maintain constant movement while spamming it.

Spotlight is cool. I chose The Ringer path because I like the rings. I think the way they are semi-permanent turrets is really cool.
---
smilie smilie smilie smilie
Moonfire92 Red Sparx Gems: 52
#13 Posted: 23:53:06 29/03/2015
I honestly would say both. I love the dragons and I main them basically. I was equally excited for both echo and spotlight to come out in this wave. Spotlight because it is from a brand new element and her design is absolutely beautiful. And, I have been very excited for Echo as well because she is the first dragon water Skylander since Zap and I love Zap as well. If you want to know which one is "better" well I would just say that is a personal preference on game play and move types. You would have to play both and decide for yourself. In either case, I'd say they are worth getting.
---
~Becca
Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#14 Posted: 00:35:15 30/03/2015
OMG this is soooo hard to choose. They are both super unique. Spot Lights "Ring Auto-Turrets" are pretty sick since they still slow and do 100 damage if enemies contact them. Her Eye Beam is consistently strong and it has knock back. Echo's Bubbles are good but they can be too slow sometimes. Here shield bubble and slam gives her high survivability....Short answer though is BOTH!!!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:45:30 30/03/2015 by Tigorus
DragonShine Yellow Sparx Gems: 1539
#15 Posted: 04:27:43 30/03/2015
Both. I like the bubbles Echo makes and I like the theme to Spotlight.
---
Still trying to recruit to my dragon army:S2 Bash, S2 Zap, Thorn Horn Camo, S1 Whirlwind,s1 Cynder
Friendzie Blue Sparx Gems: 611
#16 Posted: 06:15:38 30/03/2015
I think Spotlight is better in most situations, but Echo performs extremely well if you have a lot of space to work with. You can shoot out some pretty powerful projectiles on the path that improves the scream if you keep pressing the button instead of holding it.
juarmo Blue Sparx Gems: 749
#17 Posted: 15:39:01 28/04/2015
Quote: TheShadowDragon
but also the cutest dragoness in Skylands.

That's debatable, wait no, it's not EVEN debatable! You don't have an argument to back that up...
But I do have a few to back MINE up!
1. Spotlight exists
2. Cynder exists
3. They are both cuter than Echo
4. Flashwing exists
5. That giggle that Flashwing has smilie
6. Echo's a rebel who rocks out to her own beat...
7. Don't Stand down against the rules
8. Echo has no potential husbandos that would make much sense, so she's DEFINITELY single, meaning she can't find a date like at least TWO of the others
9. Cynder has a thing with Spyro, and Flashwing has a thing with Bash, and its not hard to imagine a headcanon where Spotlight X Blackout is a thing
---
My dream in life is to steamroll Skylanders Imaginators on Nightmare difficulty with only a Level 60 Sir Hoodington with maximum Fire Elemental Power
#18 Posted: 00:50:52 29/04/2015
I don't need an argument to back me up about Echo. She is my new number one Water Skylander. Nuff said.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:10:56 29/04/2015 by TheShadowDragon
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3975
#19 Posted: 02:00:33 29/04/2015
Echolight smilie
---
bye
#20 Posted: 08:57:46 29/04/2015
Quote: juarmo

That's debatable, wait no, it's not EVEN debatable! You don't have an argument to back that up...
1. Spotlight exists
2. Cynder exists
4. Flashwing exists
8. Echo has no potential husbandos that would make much sense, so she's DEFINITELY single, meaning she can't find a date like at least TWO of the others
9. Cynder has a thing with Spyro, and Flashwing has a thing with Bash, and its not hard to imagine a headcanon where Spotlight X Blackout is a thing

Not going to enter all this fanon thing but why can't Echo have a thing with Zap since they are both water dragons...?
I get the fact that she is a rebel but so is Cynder.

I don't remember any "damsel in distress" type female Skylander.
They are all pretty badass! smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#21 Posted: 09:29:24 29/04/2015

Not in the Skylanders universe, buddeh~
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#22 Posted: 13:14:39 29/04/2015
Echo looks cuter smilie
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
#23 Posted: 15:05:35 29/04/2015
Quote: Dark fhoenix
Echo looks cuter smilie

Ditto.
GigaCamo Emerald Sparx Gems: 4288
#24 Posted: 15:51:58 29/04/2015
Quote: Dark fhoenix
Echo looks cuter smilie

Ditto.

Both are but I would go with Spotlight on cuteness.
ExcitonKnight Gold Sparx Gems: 2753
#25 Posted: 21:29:52 29/04/2015
Spotlight. Echo is a little overrated. She just seems kinda ordinary IMO.
---
Merry Christmas ya filthy animal
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#26 Posted: 23:04:58 29/04/2015
Quote: Aura24

Not in the Skylanders universe, buddeh~

YOU BETTER LISTEN TO THIS!! SPYRO AND CYNDER DO NOT HAVE A THING! NEVER EVER EVER!

SPYRO IS A STRONG, INDEPENDENT PURPLE DRAGON WHO DON'T NEED NO WOMAN!!!
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
juarmo Blue Sparx Gems: 749
#27 Posted: 17:07:07 30/04/2015
Quote: Drek95

1. Spotlight exists
2. Cynder exists
4. Flashwing exists

Not going to enter all this fanon thing but why can't Echo have a thing with Zap since they are both water dragons...?

Headcanon =/= fanon...
fanon is like something you WISH was true, but isn't believable,
headcanon is something that COULD be true, is believable enough to work, but is a longshot because it was still a fan-based backstory...
its like taking creationism, and calling it a scientific theory... a scientific theory is different from a fact in that it has never been DISproven, it doesn't contradict anything else we know/believe to be true, not that it has been proven
and what's your point of no "Damsel in distress"-type, that's kind of irrelevant, and a given considering that skylanders are the GREATEST HEROES of the realm, not some helpless person who gets kidnapped by an evil king or something on a daily basis...
If they weren't "rebels" or "headstrong", or "courageous" etc... they wouldn't be believable...

And don't get me STARTED on the fact that spotlight and blackout were CLEARLY designed as a duo/counterparts, they were DESIGNED with eachother in mind, and are CONVENIENTLY opposite in gender as well as nature...
---
My dream in life is to steamroll Skylanders Imaginators on Nightmare difficulty with only a Level 60 Sir Hoodington with maximum Fire Elemental Power
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:09:49 30/04/2015 by juarmo
#28 Posted: 17:53:55 30/04/2015
Quote: Drek95

1. Spotlight exists
2. Cynder exists
4. Flashwing exists

Headcanon =/= fanon...
fanon is like something you WISH was true, but isn't believable,
headcanon is something that COULD be true, is believable enough to work, but is a longshot because it was still a fan-based backstory...
its like taking creationism, and calling it a scientific theory... a scientific theory is different from a fact in that it has never been DISproven, it doesn't contradict anything else we know/believe to be true, not that it has been proven
and what's your point of no "Damsel in distress"-type, that's kind of irrelevant, and a given considering that skylanders are the GREATEST HEROES of the realm, not some helpless person who gets kidnapped by an evil king or something on a daily basis...
If they weren't "rebels" or "headstrong", or "courageous" etc... they wouldn't be believable...

And don't get me STARTED on the fact that spotlight and blackout were CLEARLY designed as a duo/counterparts, they were DESIGNED with eachother in mind, and are CONVENIENTLY opposite in gender as well as nature...

Ok, thanks for clearing that up.
I thought "headcanon" meant something undoubtedly confirmed to be true. smilie

I admit "damsel in distress" wasn't the best expression to use.
You said that Echo is strong, independent and a bit rebel... But frankly, so are ALL the other female Skylanders.
So I don't see why she would be that different from Cynder or Stealth Elf.

This is a personal opinion but I don't think we should immediately try to pair characters just because they would look perfect together.
Sure, Blackout and Spotlight are the exact opposite and would make a sweet couple... But as you said their relationship is still only a fan theory just like Flashwing and Bash, or Spyro and Cynder (they are not the same as the LoS saga).
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:56:06 30/04/2015 by Drek95
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#29 Posted: 19:13:00 30/04/2015
Shippers ruin everything >:I Can't have anyone talking about Flashwing without bringing up why she's not shown to be in a relationship with Bash yet.

I kid, just using hyperboles. But it's still pretty annoying when other people try to push their ideas on others with total disregard for canon, or even if there isn't, with something that's still wishful thinking. Not every Skylander needs to be dating. Heck,even if they are,being the opposite gender doesn't mean they must be in love but that opens a whole another can of worms that we best not discuss in a kid friendly forum.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me