Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > The All Purpose Splatoon Topic!
First | Previous | Page 17 of 26 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 24 25 26
The All Purpose Splatoon Topic!
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8495
#801 Posted: 22:19:08 23/08/2015
[User Posted Image]
- - -
weebbby Emerald Sparx Gems: 4220
#802 Posted: 02:08:14 24/08/2015
lol I got bored of the testfire. Looks like I might not want the game after all
Sleepy0429 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#803 Posted: 22:11:45 25/08/2015
What Squidwaifu won the most splatfests?
I went with Callie with autobots.
---
dark52 let me change my username you coward
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:57:48 26/08/2015 by Sleepy0429
Camo22 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3501
#804 Posted: 12:07:17 26/08/2015
Do you all know the true meaning of Splatoon?
---
=Fixing Theories since Sep, 2015 / Deviant Art =
Sleepy0429 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#805 Posted: 21:54:54 26/08/2015
Quote: Camo22
Do you all know the true meaning of Splatoon?

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Oh I know...
---
dark52 let me change my username you coward
Mesuxelf Ripto Gems: 3666
#806 Posted: 15:24:29 27/08/2015
I got splatoon, but my Wii u gamepad is in repair :c
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3872
#807 Posted: 02:05:49 28/08/2015
Anyway.Someone want to play at 11 am PT tomorrow
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:06:02 28/08/2015 by skylandersspyro
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8257
#808 Posted: 18:50:55 28/08/2015
Just reminding everyone that Splatfest is tonight!
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
TTD Hunter Gems: 6241
#809 Posted: 19:22:27 28/08/2015
Good luck, everyone. My splatfest is tomorrow. We should have another DarkSpyro private battle soon (maybe Sunday?).
#810 Posted: 21:28:18 28/08/2015
Quote: TTD
Good luck, everyone. My splatfest is tomorrow. We should have another DarkSpyro private battle soon (maybe Sunday?).

What time???im on PT
---
#811 Posted: 22:43:24 28/08/2015
I just got to play splatoon, and it's pretty fun. But i do have some questions.

I've hear that the ink you put on the walls doesn't count for the total percent. Is this true?
How do I change my weapon?
How do I change my ability? Like the thing when you press the right thumbstick?
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#812 Posted: 22:50:22 28/08/2015
Quote: Mesuxelf

I've hear that the ink you put on the walls doesn't count for the total percent. Is this true?

1: Yes it's true. It doesn't count as shown turf on the map so.
2: Go into the equip menu and hit + (you have to buy new weapons also)
3: New weapons = new supers.
---
words. letters. filler.
Wreckingball13 Gold Sparx Gems: 2583
#813 Posted: 22:50:24 28/08/2015

1. Painting the walls doesn't count for percent
2. You press Equip which it the + button
3. The abilities are pre set to each weapon so they only change if you change weapons
#814 Posted: 22:52:57 28/08/2015
Quote: TacoMakerSkys

1: Yes it's true. It doesn't count as shown turf on the map so.
2: Go into the equip menu and hit + (you have to buy new weapons also)
3: New weapons = new supers.

Quote: Wreckingball13

1. Painting the walls doesn't count for percent
2. You press Equip which it the + button
3. The abilities are pre set to each weapon so they only change if you change weapons

Thank you both.
#815 Posted: 23:34:59 28/08/2015
Another noob question. It's only letting me play 2 stages. How do I play more?
#816 Posted: 23:37:45 28/08/2015
You can't, it switches every hour (Or 4 hours, I can't remember)
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#817 Posted: 23:37:57 28/08/2015
Quote: HeyitsHotDog
You can't, it switches every hour (Or 4 hours, I can't remember)

That's dumbbbb.
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#818 Posted: 23:44:32 28/08/2015
1. It's every 6 hours.

2. You can use Private Match to play any map you want.

3. Just double checking that Splatfest is TOMORROW, right?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:44:51 28/08/2015 by CAV
#819 Posted: 23:45:59 28/08/2015
Quote: CAV
1. It's every 6 hours.

Depending on the time zone.Yes.What time zone are you in
---
#820 Posted: 23:46:47 28/08/2015
1. It's every 6 hours.

I think it's tonight 9:00 EST Usa time.
---
#821 Posted: 23:49:02 28/08/2015
CAV, 9 PM your time.

How long does a splat fest last for?
LunarDistortion Ripto Gems: 3606
#822 Posted: 23:51:22 28/08/2015 | Topic Creator
CAV, 9 PM your time.

A full 24 hours.
#823 Posted: 23:53:38 28/08/2015
Just wanted to double check since it sounded like it was going on right now. Thanks.
#824 Posted: 23:54:41 28/08/2015
Quote: LunarDistortion
CAV, 9 PM your time.

A full 24 hours.

.o.

So could someone remind me of what it is? You join a team, and you play to score points for your team? Or am I completely off?

Sorry for all the questions ;A;
#825 Posted: 00:13:09 29/08/2015
You join a team, and when the splatfest begins, turf war becomes the only mode available. All battles are done in the name of the team you chose, and you wear their shirt and only their shirt (you cannot change it during the fest).

Team Autobot will fight Team Decepticon. Winning counts as favor towards your team. If in the event not enough of one particular team is available, they will match people of the same team and it becomes a win for them no matter which side is the actual winner. At the end of the fest the winning team is decided by which team won the most matches, and also which was the more popular choice (and then they're averaged out).

Meanwhile your own personal performance matters too. The more you fight, the higher your particular rank goes (from fanboy onward). The higher your rank, the more shells you get (shells being a currency you can use to get Spike to add ability slots or revamp your abilites on gear). Being on the winning Splatfest team also comes with a bonus amount of shells.

That's the best I can do with what I remember.
#826 Posted: 00:16:43 29/08/2015
You join a team, and when the splatfest begins, turf war becomes the only mode available. All battles are done in the name of the team you chose, and you wear their shirt and only their shirt (you cannot change it during the fest).

Team Autobot will fight Team Decepticon. Winning counts as favor towards your team. If in the event not enough of one particular team is available, they will match people of the same team and it becomes a win for them no matter which side is the actual winner. At the end of the fest the winning team is decided by which team won the most matches, and also which was the more popular choice (and then they're averaged out).

Meanwhile your own personal performance matters too. The more you fight, the higher your particular rank goes (from fanboy onward). The higher your rank, the more shells you get (shells being a currency you can use to get Spike to add ability slots or revamp your abilites on gear). Being on the winning Splatfest team also comes with a bonus amount of shells.

Thank you for that, but could you please rephrase the bolded part? I didn't understand :U
gillgrunt987 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7409
#827 Posted: 00:23:02 29/08/2015

Thank you for that, but could you please rephrase the bolded part? I didn't understand :U

I think what he's saying is: That when in a lobby, if the game can't find members of the opposite team to play against, then it puts members of the same team against each other in a match. The win is given to the winning members of the team, but still counts towards the overall Splatfest win rate regardless.
---
I can survive scalding hot coffee and being whipped for 24 hours a day. Digestive biscuits or riot.
#828 Posted: 00:35:04 29/08/2015
Quote: gillgrunt987

I think what he's saying is: That when in a lobby, if the game can't find members of the opposite team to play against, then it puts members of the same team against each other in a match. The win is given to the winning members of the team, but still counts towards the overall Splatfest win rate regardless.

Oh ok. Thank you all <3
#829 Posted: 14:24:06 29/08/2015
I really want to like this game, but I don't think I can. I always seem to die when I see an enemy, and I rarely win. The only weapon I like at all is the paint roller, because it doesn't leave any spots un-inked, yet it's special move is useless. It sends like a sound wave that does nothing.

AND OH MY GOD PEOPLE NEVER INK THE SPAWN POINT. IT"S BASICALLY GUARANTEED PERCENTAGE. WHY NOT INK IT? AAAA
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:26:15 29/08/2015 by Mesuxelf
#830 Posted: 14:39:25 29/08/2015
I really want to like this game, but I don't think I can. I always seem to die when I see an enemy, and I rarely win. The only weapon I like at all is the paint roller, because it doesn't leave any spots un-inked, yet it's special move is useless. It sends like a sound wave that does nothing.

AND OH MY GOD PEOPLE NEVER INK THE SPAWN POINT. IT"S BASICALLY GUARANTEED PERCENTAGE. WHY NOT INK IT? AAAA

As you level up you will unlock new and better guns. Krak On Roller seems to be thought of as the best roller in the game because of its ability. Luna Blaster is also pretty good for both covering the map and also killing the enemy as it works like an almost grenade launcher. Personally I tend to use the N-ZAP 89 more often than others for its fast rate of fire and good range, as well as the Inkstrike.

If you want some practice or training we can play in a private match. Story mode is also pretty good for practicing movement and targeting.
#831 Posted: 14:42:13 29/08/2015

As you level up you will unlock new and better guns. Krak On Roller seems to be thought of as the best roller in the game because of its ability. Luna Blaster is also pretty good for both covering the map and also killing the enemy as it works like an almost grenade launcher. Personally I tend to use the N-ZAP 89 more often than others for its fast rate of fire and good range, as well as the Inkstrike.

If you want some practice or training we can play in a private match. Story mode is also pretty good for practicing movement and targeting.

Ok, thank you. I've seen people with a minigun? Is it any good?

That sounds good. When are you availabe?
#832 Posted: 14:57:02 29/08/2015
@Mesuxelf
Make sure you play the single player campaign, there is a weapon which you aquire about three quarters of the way through which is, arguably the best weapon in the game (I use it a lot).
Below is the name of the weapon:
Aerospray RG
#833 Posted: 14:58:25 29/08/2015
^ok, thank you.
LunarDistortion Ripto Gems: 3606
#834 Posted: 15:17:23 29/08/2015 | Topic Creator
The Splatling is personally one of my favorites and my go-to weapon right next to the Splattershot Jr, but it's not for everybody. You have to spend time charging up how much ink you want to spray as well as the distance it goes. It's similar to the charger, but it's a bit better at killing people.
#835 Posted: 16:02:47 29/08/2015
So I'm reading up on the Splatoon Wiki, and it mentions something about story scrolls for weapons. Does that unlock them? Or does it give like an upgrade to the weapons?
#836 Posted: 16:22:17 29/08/2015
So I'm reading up on the Splatoon Wiki, and it mentions something about story scrolls for weapons. Does that unlock them? Or does it give like an upgrade to the weapons?

When you defeat a boss, you will be rewarded with blueprints for weapons. Once collected, take them to Sheldon (weapon store) and he'll exchange the blueprints for a new weapon.
#837 Posted: 16:28:42 29/08/2015
Quote: TTD

When you defeat a boss, you will be rewarded with blueprints for weapons. Once collected, take them to Sheldon (weapon store) and he'll exchange the blueprints for a new weapon.

Ok, thank you <3
#838 Posted: 17:16:58 29/08/2015

I tend to use the minigun as well. It's fairly good for attacking and covering long corridors in seconds. But it's otherwise pretty useless covering right in front of you since it takes up a lot of wasted ink. It's also pretty slow to start up and could leave you open.

I'm available now if you so wish.
#839 Posted: 17:19:05 29/08/2015

You get kinda an upgrade. You still pay full price for a gun but it has new abilities instead.
#840 Posted: 17:47:46 29/08/2015

I tend to use the minigun as well. It's fairly good for attacking and covering long corridors in seconds. But it's otherwise pretty useless covering right in front of you since it takes up a lot of wasted ink. It's also pretty slow to start up and could leave you open.

I'm available now if you so wish.

Man, the minigun is ass for what a minigun should be.

Sorry, I was eating lunch :U
#841 Posted: 18:18:10 29/08/2015
Well if you're available now I'll open a room.
#842 Posted: 19:24:00 29/08/2015
Well if you're available now I'll open a room.

I think we should assign a time to do it either today or tomorrow (or any other day), so we can like actually schedule a time instead of just hoping the other person is online.
#843 Posted: 20:21:08 29/08/2015
What I spent my last 45 minutes doing.

[User Posted Image]

It's like that everywhere, not just where you can see. Everywhere that can be inked is inked, and if the corners look like they're not inked, that's because they can't be.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 20:24:55 29/08/2015 by Mesuxelf
#844 Posted: 20:27:19 29/08/2015

[User Posted Image]

It's like that everywhere, not just where you can see. Everywhere that can be inked is inked, and if the corners look like they're not inked, that's because they can't be.

Try the whole map.
#845 Posted: 20:40:58 29/08/2015
Quote: somePerson

[User Posted Image]

Try the whole map.

I haven't unlocked the whole map yet.
#846 Posted: 20:55:57 29/08/2015
anyone want to play private now.nnid is frugaljoker
---
#847 Posted: 21:12:42 29/08/2015
Just had 9 kills on Port yet we still lost. :c I blame the guy named John Cena.
#848 Posted: 21:21:06 29/08/2015

**** that dude.Ive fought him before.
---
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#849 Posted: 21:32:09 29/08/2015
Quote: skylandersspyro

**** that dude.Ive fought him before.

You do know there are other users named John Cena on Splatoon, right?
---
words. letters. filler.
#850 Posted: 21:37:20 29/08/2015
Holy shy I killed someone with a killer wail and 360 no scope a guy!!!
First | Previous | Page 17 of 26 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 24 25 26

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me