Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Skylanders Question. [CLOSED]
SNEAKRET Red Sparx Gems: 10
#1 Posted: 04:30:48 25/03/2015 | Topic Creator
I am new to the Skylander's franchise and I have some questions before I invest.

I have never played Skylander's before, I have played Disney Infinity mostly.
I am curious about the game discs and characters.

1st Question.
Where would I need to start to get to know the franchise?
What game, characters?

2nd Question.
What characters work with what base and game version?
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#2 Posted: 19:38:56 25/03/2015
Even though it's way more fun starting from the very first game, Spyros Adventure, you're better off starting with either, Swap Force, or Trap team, because mot figures now only work with Trap Team, the newest game~

I say you start with Trap team, even though, this game is the most expensive of the four,
The regular core characters are $9.99, Trap Masters, which are the strong and much larger Skylanders, cost $15.99 in US money,
The traps are also $6.99 each, Minis are $14.99 for two,

Each game has a different coloured base that represents what game they are from, and all Skylanders figures are forwards compatible, meaning you can use the older Skylanders in the newer games, even though not necessarily the other way around~

Base Colours:
Spyro's Adventure: Green
Skylanders Giants: Orange
Skylanders Swap Force: Blue
Skylanders Trap Team: Red

Gimmick Skylanders, such as the Swappers, or Trap Masters, do not work in previous games, as they are comepltely new and were not coded into the other games.
All entirely new and unique characters that are from Trap Team, do not work in previous games, though "reposed" versions of those characters do work in previous games.

For example, Gill Grunt, a Skylander from Spyro's Adventure, has a green base, and is "Series 1"
In Skylander Giants, the sequel, an orange based Gill Grunt called "Series 2" Gill Grunt was released,
If you use Series 2 Gill Grunt in Spyros Adventure he works the same...~

It may seem complicated at first, but it's easy to get used to~

You could always ask me or PM me if you want to know if a certain Skylander works in a specific game~

If you're new to the series, and don't want to spend lots of money, then don't get Trap Team,

But, If you are, willing, I say get Trap team as your first game~
It works for consoles PS3, Xbox 360, PS4, Xbox One, Tablet/iPad, Wii, and Wii U

This site also has lots of information on Skylanders too!~ smilie
Burning Gnorc Emerald Sparx Gems: 3463
#3 Posted: 20:21:42 25/03/2015
In addition, all prior figures work with games released later. In fact, this is the only way to play as some characters at this point in time.
---
Eh.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me