darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Trap Team > Do you think Skylanders 5 will be released on the Wii?
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
Do you think Skylanders 5 will be released on the Wii?
SirKev7 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1251
#1 Posted: 19:59:51 23/03/2015 | Topic Creator
Title.
darkchylde28 Gold Sparx Gems: 2175
#2 Posted: 20:25:27 23/03/2015
I honestly can't say for certain, as in my opinion the last two games really shouldn't have been released on the Wii due to its technical limitations and should definitely be dropped going forward. It's clear that Activision is at least thinking this based on the fact that they included a downloadable copy of the Wii U version for free in every Wii copy of Trap Team sold. If the Wii does get to stick around for Skylanders 5, I believe that it will be the only new game released for the Wii this year. It had a good run, but it's long past time for it to be retired.

-Doug
---
SSA: Complete, SG: Complete, SSF: Complete, STT: Complete (Save Yawn Traps), SSC: Complete (To Date) + Various Chase/Promotional Variants
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5461
#3 Posted: 21:09:07 23/03/2015
I actually think they are going to bring it back, but I hope they don't. And now don't you get mad at me, but it's just my opinion. They're probably going to bring it back because they don't want to loose the wii players, who are still a lot of people. I hope they don't bring it back because I had terrible times with SSF on the wii and I know that a lot of people have them in STT too.
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#4 Posted: 21:39:42 23/03/2015
Very unlikely. I mean, the Trap Team starter packs for the Wii came with a free download code for the Wii U for when you transferred to that console. The Wii's pretty much dead by now. I don't see any reason to keep supporting it.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#5 Posted: 21:52:05 23/03/2015
My eight ball (with real magic elemental crystals inside) says....

[User Posted Image]
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:52:25 23/03/2015 by GhostRoaster
Yoshicrashcart8 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3610
#6 Posted: 22:15:32 23/03/2015
Didn't Activision/TfB already say that Trap Team was the last skylander game for Wii?
---
smilie smilie smilie Dark element is best element. smilie smilie smilie
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#7 Posted: 22:57:04 23/03/2015
Quote: Yoshicrashcart8
Didn't Activision/TfB already say that Trap Team was the last skylander game for Wii?

They said it for SWAP Force too... smilie

I have no problem with the Wii version, as long as it doesn't limit the other ones.
I hope the Wii U downloading code has been enough to convince people to upgrade to the next gen.

But yes... I do think Skylanders 5 will come out for the Wii too.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#8 Posted: 00:10:10 24/03/2015
Trap Team has sold quite well on the Wii, last thing I saw. It'd be hard to pull support for it.

If they were smart, they'd make the 3DS version of Sky5 and port it to the Wii... Wii owners would still have a reason to get the new toys. ;)
wild_defender Green Sparx Gems: 465
#9 Posted: 00:49:59 24/03/2015
Quote: AdamGregory03
Very unlikely. I mean, the Trap Team starter packs for the Wii came with a free download code for the Wii U for when you transferred to that console. The Wii's pretty much dead by now. I don't see any reason to keep supporting it.

This!

i really think the free downloadable wii U version was the last hint they'll do.
The game will prob be released on tablet too so i think its accessible enough now.

They might try take it a step further though and offer a console deal with the game e.g. $150 for the Wii U and SKy 5 (lol dreams).

Nintendo would love to get more wii U's out. and skylanders would be happy coz the game would be owned by anyone who just wants the cheap wii U lol.
---
Anyone else think Short Cut should be making jokes about running with scissors?
#10 Posted: 01:17:27 24/03/2015
^ The free Wii U was them saying "this is your get out of jail free card"...after this...all bets are off. I know they are going to be very nervous about this because as UncleBob says Wii comprises a healthy portion of their sales -- kinda sad too as it's the technical inferior version across the board...I'd be a little miffed knowing their customers won't see the "true greatness" of their hard work.

By end of this year next gen would be about two years old, and I think it will be safer for them to make that leap. Frankly, they HAVE to. Time to switch to next gen, or at least a better last gen. I consider Wii at least two gens old.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:18:44 24/03/2015 by GhostRoaster
#11 Posted: 01:27:08 24/03/2015
I figure they're looking at Wii sales, Wii U sales and Wii U downloads via Wii Bundle download codes to make the final decision. I'd hate to think they're wasting resources on a Wii version that might never come out, but that's a whole lot of sales they stand to lose out on - considering we're at a point when Skylanders sales are slowing down, they need what they can get. Unless they're going to do something amazing with the series that they just can't do on Wii (which we haven't seen yet), there's no real reason to drop the SKU when the sales are there.
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3860
#12 Posted: 01:35:26 24/03/2015
Quote: UncleBob
I figure they're looking at Wii sales, Wii U sales and Wii U downloads via Wii Bundle download codes to make the final decision. I'd hate to think they're wasting resources on a Wii version that might never come out, but that's a whole lot of sales they stand to lose out on - considering we're at a point when Skylanders sales are slowing down, they need what they can get. Unless they're going to do something amazing with the series that they just can't do on Wii (which we haven't seen yet), there's no real reason to drop the SKU when the sales are there.

This.Activison is all about the Moolah
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
#13 Posted: 01:36:07 24/03/2015
The only reason I can think of NOT making this version is minimizing their limited development resources considering the roster of characters and what they do in each of these games becomes more problematic for developers...and as you know VV's last entry required some cuts here and there. If people wanted all of the previous rosters AND previous villains and a new roster I'm betting we're getting close to what the Wii can work with. I guess you could release multiple discs...that sounds like fun.

I've not even been able to find some comprehensive Wii uploads on youtube...the ones I did fine make me VERY GLAD that this platform wasn't my definitive experience of the game.

I'd rather them concentrate on fewer consoles, and maximizing content and quality, but that's just me.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:38:38 24/03/2015 by GhostRoaster
ShinkenRed Gold Sparx Gems: 2651
#14 Posted: 01:48:24 24/03/2015
I said back during Giants that I thought Sky4 (which became Trap Team) would be the last game built for the Wii. Between the free Wii U download and the aggressive price drops of previous gen consoles, I think it's very safe to drop the Wii. If a parent didn't want to buy a Wii U, they could realistically pick up a 360 for $150-200, and I believe I read Swap Force's engine was built around the 360. Is it as nice as the Xbox One/PS4 version? No. But it works.
---
Unique Character roster:
S:SA: 32/32, S:G: 16/16, S:SF: 32/32, S:TT: 36/36
Friendzie Blue Sparx Gems: 611
#15 Posted: 04:51:53 24/03/2015
They should not make another Wii version if they're going to keep putting less polish into it. I always hear about Wii versions having terrible bugs. Do I think there will be one, though? I would guess yes, but I won't be surprised if not.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:52:38 24/03/2015 by Friendzie
Kinson420 Blue Sparx Gems: 610
#16 Posted: 07:02:32 24/03/2015
No it will not be. Nintendo has end of lifed the wii and no longer issues licenses for new games or products for it.
Friendzie Blue Sparx Gems: 611
#17 Posted: 09:24:40 24/03/2015
Quote: Kinson420
No it will not be. Nintendo has end of lifed the wii and no longer issues licenses for new games or products for it.

Do you have a source for this information? Of course the Wii has been out of production for well over a year, and Nintendo stopped making Wii games all the way back in 2012, but I never heard anything about them not letting people release games for it anymore.
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#18 Posted: 10:04:07 24/03/2015
the sales number says yes, so i will say yes it will.. but in a very basic version.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#19 Posted: 16:07:51 24/03/2015
Quote: CountMoneyBone
the sales number says yes, so i will say yes it will.. but in a very basic version.

I'm of the opinion that they threaten to continue to alienate Wii customers by continuing to produce problematic products...patches from Nintendo doesn't impact them unless Nintendo actually will say no to a produced game for which if there's problems there will be no patches to address them. I'm sure there's a clause somewhere in their license agreement Activision had to sign.

I don't think they should PO their customers with coming out with a basic version.
---
Greeble Emerald Sparx Gems: 4276
#20 Posted: 16:37:21 24/03/2015
I'm hoping there will be a Wii version.

They already messed up Kingdom Hearts for me, don't do it with Skylanders as well
---
^ You all know it's true
#21 Posted: 17:08:38 24/03/2015
TFB games for 360, VV games for wii u.thats my choice of systems for skylanders.Anyway there shouldn't be a wii version but activison will most likely force a wii version out
---
Kinson420 Blue Sparx Gems: 610
#22 Posted: 18:19:37 24/03/2015
The proof is all over the net. Nintendo stopped production, killed all online servers, and said no more new games. This is why the wii u code was included in trap team for the wii. For wii players when they have to upgrade as they have no choice now. Activision has admitted this many times on Activision Assist. Also talk to any distributor and they'll tell you the same
wgeorge111 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3774
#23 Posted: 18:36:33 24/03/2015
Quote: GhostRoaster
The free Wii U was them saying "this is your get out of jail free card"

Spot on!!!!
This is how I feel. I do not think they will release Skylanders 5 for the Wii. There was no Wii version of DI2 and I think it is time Activision got on board that the Wii is just to old of a system to support.
Sboy13 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3165
#24 Posted: 18:38:08 24/03/2015
No way. I don't think VV is going to make Sky5 for the original Wii. If they did, I would be utterly shocked. It's already 2015, the Wii is TEN years old next year. Not to mention the last two installments on the Wii had problems. I don't think they would continue to water down the Wii game even more. Plus, like others said, the hint that they won't do it is the download code that came with the Wii version this time around.
---
Purple dragon.
#25 Posted: 18:39:16 24/03/2015 | Topic Creator
If they want people to upgrade to the Wii U so much then they should just bundle a Wii U console with the Wii starter pack. Problem solved!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:39:56 24/03/2015 by SirKev7
#26 Posted: 18:54:43 24/03/2015
Quote: wgeorge111

Spot on!!!!
This is how I feel. I do not think they will release Skylanders 5 for the Wii. There was no Wii version of DI2 and I think it is time Activision got on board that the Wii is just to old of a system to support.

dont help as long the parents say the old wii is good enough. the kiddies will have to do with it...
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#27 Posted: 18:58:00 24/03/2015
Quote: UncleBob
Trap Team has sold quite well on the Wii, last thing I saw. It'd be hard to pull support for it.

If they were smart, they'd make the 3DS version of Sky5 and port it to the Wii... Wii owners would still have a reason to get the new toys. smilie

Great idea.
---
#28 Posted: 19:06:58 24/03/2015
Quote: wgeorge111

Spot on!!!!

dont help as long the parents say the old wii is good enough. the kiddies will have to do with it...

Good thing they have the toys. At least they can do that, right? Btw, most parents nowadays grew up with video games (kids of the 80s, right), so I suspect they understand the lifecycle of the systems. May not change their minds, but they're going to lose those customers regardless. It's like the folks that demand that their 1970's Texas Instruments calculator still work and they don't need a computer.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:03:37 24/03/2015 by GhostRoaster
wgeorge111 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3774
#29 Posted: 21:33:29 24/03/2015

Just wondering are there any games for the Wii even scheduled to be released in 2015? I cannot seem to find anything scheduled for it.
#30 Posted: 22:03:51 24/03/2015 | Topic Creator
@wgeorge111 Fifa 16 will probably come out for the Wii and if another Just Dance game gets released this year that'll probably be on the Wii too. Oh, and some of those dreadful movie game cash in games will probably show up on Wii every now and again.
#31 Posted: 22:07:54 24/03/2015
^ Like the Shrek games Vicarious produced? smilie
---
#32 Posted: 22:31:00 24/03/2015
^ Like the Shrek games Vicarious produced? smilie
those were god-awful
---
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#33 Posted: 22:33:14 24/03/2015
The PS2 game for the second movie was pretty awesome,but then that was VV and Beenox over a decade ago.

...Huh,for how long they've been working together?
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:33:30 24/03/2015 by Bifrost
NinjaStealthElf Green Sparx Gems: 344
#34 Posted: 09:49:20 26/04/2015
I don't know and I really don't care. I played Spyro's Adventure, SWAP Force and Trap Team on Wii and I liked them, but now I got a PS3 and played Giants on it it's way better.
#35 Posted: 10:43:58 26/04/2015

[User Posted Image]

....or you can count on it.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 10:47:33 26/04/2015 by CountMoneyBone
boomerfan Yellow Sparx Gems: 1602
#36 Posted: 11:39:59 26/04/2015
the wii version is one of their highest money making starter packs if i recall in a previous interview. I got trap team for the wii and now i have a wii u and have compleated trap team on the wii u and it is a huge step up on the wii u.
---
smilieBRING THE BOOM!smilie
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#37 Posted: 13:03:02 26/04/2015
Quote: boomerfan
the wii version is one of their highest money making starter packs if i recall in a previous interview. I got trap team for the wii and now i have a wii u and have compleated trap team on the wii u and it is a huge step up on the wii u.

It it is a bigger step up to XB1/PS4. I was pretty shocked how much a difference it makes. I had the WiiU for Swap Force and 360 for Giants/SSA and always thought they looked good, but the step up from Wii -> XB1/PS4 is gargantuan. I hope they ditch the Wii (or at least give up all hope of making it anywhere close in parity) for the simple reason that it has been an anchor to the franchise. I'm hopeful that VV being more willing the push the technical aspects forward than TfB has made design decisions without regard to supporting a dead system, particularly since that system has had pretty much all networking function shut down (and I hope the innovation this year includes online).
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#38 Posted: 17:04:47 26/04/2015

[User Posted Image]

....or you can count on it.

I'm of the opinion that if the original manufacturer is ditching the system so should the developers...because if something goes wrong you essentially have no support.

[User Posted Image]
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:31:06 26/04/2015 by TakeYourLemons
Jeriba Yellow Sparx Gems: 1168
#39 Posted: 18:19:52 26/04/2015
The question is anyway how long the old systems will be supported or how long it will be the same game on all old and new consoles?
nitendofan92 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4572
#40 Posted: 18:54:24 26/04/2015
mmmmmmmhhhhhhhhhh
---
THE END IS NEAR
TJRedeemer Blue Sparx Gems: 596
#41 Posted: 19:26:33 26/04/2015
I sure hope not, but it probably will anyway. Seriously... Just. Let. It. Die already! What could have been a classic console has been buried in shovelware. Not saying that Skylanders is shovelware but I hate to think that future generations are being weighed down by this. This is starting to become worse than the PS2. I know I might be making some people mad, but I guess I just had to vent. And for that, my apologies.
#42 Posted: 19:29:30 26/04/2015
It was a classic console. It sold a lot. Software from developers though have been mediocre, but the Nintendo classics are still awesome to this day. Games can work on the platform if you design to the constraints. Unfortunately everyone develops a "do it once, port it" which makes these versions difficult to bear.
#43 Posted: 19:54:46 26/04/2015
Of note, there is another Wii title being released this year - Rodea the Sky Soldier, set for a September 2015 release (although bundled with the Wii U version).
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#44 Posted: 00:43:08 27/04/2015
The Wii was a great console with some really fantastic games. And all those shovel ware games are a result of how well it did and how it engaged the "casual" crowd that previously had no interest in consoles or video games. They even had retirement homes buying them! Heck, I even bought a new Wii game today, Sin & Punishment for $5.50 shipped at Best Buy.

But ... its time has passed, and unlike the XB1/PS4 there is a direct path to upgrade. You can go WiiU and use your old games (physical AND digital) and controllers. The WiiU also has some great games.
ExcitonKnight Gold Sparx Gems: 2745
#45 Posted: 01:20:56 27/04/2015
I doubt it.
---
Merry Christmas ya filthy animal
TJRedeemer Blue Sparx Gems: 596
#46 Posted: 01:27:30 27/04/2015
Quote: defpally
The Wii was a great console with some really fantastic games. And all those shovel ware games are a result of how well it did and how it engaged the "casual" crowd that previously had no interest in consoles or video games. They even had retirement homes buying them! Heck, I even bought a new Wii game today, Sin & Punishment for $5.50 shipped at Best Buy.

But ... its time has passed, and unlike the XB1/PS4 there is a direct path to upgrade. You can go WiiU and use your old games (physical AND digital) and controllers. The WiiU also has some great games.

I guess this is what I was trying to say but I was too angry about it. Thanks for clarifying.
#47 Posted: 01:40:09 27/04/2015

Good point, much like toys to life...hoping we don't get "shovelware" entries into the genre.
TheShadowDragon Ripto Gems: 2886
#48 Posted: 02:24:25 27/04/2015
I kinda hope not.
ShinkenRed Gold Sparx Gems: 2651
#49 Posted: 04:47:17 27/04/2015
Quote: TakeYourLemons

Good point, much like toys to life...hoping we don't get "shovelware" entries into the genre.

They've already got Transformers and Power Rangers Toys to Life games that are plugged directly into the tv. They just didn't get any real advertising support. Every genre of everything will have terrible competitors.
---
Unique Character roster:
S:SA: 32/32, S:G: 16/16, S:SF: 32/32, S:TT: 36/36
wreckingballbob Emerald Sparx Gems: 4565
#50 Posted: 05:28:14 27/04/2015
No, it won't be. We can't hold onto the Wii forever.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:28:28 27/04/2015 by wreckingballbob
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me