darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Trap Team > Lack of Waves on East Coast of US?
Page 1 of 1
Lack of Waves on East Coast of US?
Swap Force Fan Emerald Sparx Gems: 4095
#1 Posted: 01:53:21 23/03/2015 | Topic Creator
Is anybody else who lives here having a hard time finding Wave 4? I live in Virginia, and I can't find anything from Wave 4 in sight. It's been like this for Wave 3 too. Anybody else have a hard time here?
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#2 Posted: 02:02:41 23/03/2015
Just wait a few more days. Every single ToysRUs I've been to (in NJ) had nearly every single Wave 4 figure.

Also, something that most people overlook; Talk to employess. Ask if they have boxes in the back. I've scored countless figures by just asking for specific ones (scored a Rock Zook chase figure by doing this).
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
#3 Posted: 02:17:28 23/03/2015 | Topic Creator
Gah. I don't know why I didn't think of that. I went in Toys "R" Us today and didn't see any Wave 4. I REALLY should've asked what they had in the back. Although, they did have a few Easter figures, but I just wasn't interested in buying any.
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#4 Posted: 02:47:04 23/03/2015
Yeah, Wave 4 was gone by lunch the day it was released....and even some of us scored the night before. Because, as Matteomax said...we talk / be nice to employees. They know us by name now.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
#5 Posted: 02:55:42 23/03/2015 | Topic Creator
Well, I did just order a Short Cut and Thunderbolt, so I scored somewhat today.
LoveProfusion15 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1701
#6 Posted: 04:09:07 23/03/2015
I live in Maryland and so far I haven't seen any W4 characters at a Best Buy. I dont have a Toys r Us nearby, but I was in Jersey for the weekend and scored Thunderbolt, Bat Spin, Rocky Roll, and Echo. Hoping Best Buy gets them soon...
flashwingftw Emerald Sparx Gems: 3332
#7 Posted: 15:15:38 23/03/2015
I'm in New York and they always seem to be decently stocked on the recent waves, my Toys R Us put Wave 4 out the day of it's release even though they said they didn't get any new shipments.
---
The PinkPrint is on iTunes now! #TeamMinaj
Been here for 3 years and still can't figure out why half of the people are so damn rude.
R.I.P to my wallet
vinzclortho37 Blue Sparx Gems: 949
#8 Posted: 16:52:56 23/03/2015
I got everything from Wave 4 from TRU last Thursday, but haven't seen a single item anywhere else. And that TRU was totally sold out of everything but Wave 4 Trap Masters and Easter editions by lunch the next day.

In a month, we will be drowning in these things.

I'm in Atlanta, GA BTW.
---
Skylanders Plugs!
Pics coming soon!
darkchylde28 Gold Sparx Gems: 2175
#9 Posted: 18:11:42 23/03/2015
I live on the VA/TN border and can say that I haven't had any issues picking up all of wave 4, but have only found them so far at Toys R Us. The official launch for GameStop and Amazon were originally scheduled for 3/27, which leads me to believe that other retailers were probably due to have them out the following Sunday, 3/29, after putting them in all of the various local ads for each area. If you have a TRU near you it won't hurt to stop by and see if they have any on the shelves and, if they don't, ask someone in electronics if they had them but sold out. This was supposed to be an across-the-board, synchronized launch for TRU, so it's hard for me to imagine any TRUs that didn't get at least some of the wave 4 stock they were supposed to release on 3/19.

-Doug
---
SSA: Complete, SG: Complete, SSF: Complete, STT: Complete (Save Yawn Traps), SSC: Complete (To Date) + Various Chase/Promotional Variants
Slobbertooth123 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1470
#10 Posted: 19:18:46 23/03/2015
Well i live in New York and on Friday I got all the new skylanders. The Easter ones were also at the toyrus I went to. The only thing that wasn't their were the single wave 4 traps. This happened with wave 3 as well but after a month or 2 of waiting they finally came. So in about a month I assume we will get more wave 4 in about a month.
---
Hey everyone exicted for trap team
BP Blue Sparx Gems: 631
#11 Posted: 21:11:09 23/03/2015
Something to keep in mind re: the East Coast:

Activision's warehouse is in California. Generally, when Activision starts shipping something new, you see it in California first, and then slowly spreading across the country based on shipping times. Depending on how the retailers handle their supply chain (including where any intermediate retailer warehouses are located), there could be a 5-7 day delay between when things appear in California and when they appear on the East Coast.
darkchylde28 Gold Sparx Gems: 2175
#12 Posted: 21:54:26 23/03/2015
Quote: BP
Something to keep in mind re: the East Coast:

Activision's warehouse is in California. Generally, when Activision starts shipping something new, you see it in California first, and then slowly spreading across the country based on shipping times. Depending on how the retailers handle their supply chain (including where any intermediate retailer warehouses are located), there could be a 5-7 day delay between when things appear in California and when they appear on the East Coast.

While normally true, it's not usually the case for Toys R Us. When TRU plans an "event" or a simultaneous rollout across all their locations, such as is the case this time around, there's normally something to be had (if not everything) of what's supposed to be immediately available despite your TRU's physical location.

Additionally, I think we ended up with some additional stock on the East coast this time around in part due to the dock workers' strike and the ships that got fed up with waiting on the West coast and sailed to the other side of the US to unload. It probably won't happen like this again, but it's good to get stuff at the same time as folks on the West coast (outside of a launch of special event) for a change.

-Doug
---
SSA: Complete, SG: Complete, SSF: Complete, STT: Complete (Save Yawn Traps), SSC: Complete (To Date) + Various Chase/Promotional Variants
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me