Page 1 of 1
High five fly slam ( cheat?)
wild_defender Green Sparx Gems: 465
#1 Posted: 01:20:17 18/03/2015 | Topic Creator
So I've put in a bit of effort looking into high five, specially his fly slam attack. This might not be of interest to everyone but I thought I'd share it for any high five fans.

For those who don't have him yet, he has 2 paths one based on poison pellets and the other on his fly slam.

His poison pellet path is fine but I was disappointed in his fly slam path abilities. I'm hoping they fix some of it in the next game coz it's really disappointing.

Basically his fly slam is a damaging charge attack that when finished can do pretty decent damage ( 20x the charge time + the slam which is ~600 fully upgraded and 900 if he gets a crit ) . It sounds pretty good but....The problem with it is that he loses nearly 100 HP to use the attack. Fully upgraded he can get it all back at the end of the attack as he release apples that heal 10 health, but during fly slam he is vulnerable to attacks, and he has basically no defense , so if your using it to damage things that are attacking you, you usually take more damage and end the fly slam with less health then you started with. So it's not the best attack. Also their is a stupid glitch that means in a life elemental zone he actually damages him self more because it's counting as a life element attack against him self so he always ends up on less health.

So I started looking into if I could make this attack work. I tried broccoli guy first to heal him during his slam which helped but wasn't worth the set up but I found 2 extra things....

1. The apples actually can heal him more then what damage fly slam does to him self if his natural defense shields one of the damage as Apple are still produced. But due to his 6 defense even adding a decent 30+ defense hat doesn't enable him to block damage very often.

2. So I decided to try the Sky Iron Shield item . To my surprise , while its active High five isn't able to do any damage to him self at all in fly slam. It literally cost nothing to charge up fly slam with it equiped. Even better is that fly slam still produces ~ 8 10 hP apples he can collect after to heal him self if he had any previous damage . The sky iron shield actually lasts a full minute in trap team too so you can use it several times.

Sadly the sky iron shield doesn't completely block damage to him self in a life elemental zone, it still does damage over the shield because of the power increase.

smilie
---
Anyone else think Short Cut should be making jokes about running with scissors?
Friendzie Blue Sparx Gems: 611
#2 Posted: 01:43:10 18/03/2015
Thanks for the info. Really interesting. I'm thinking I will go the pellet path. lol.
GigaCamo Emerald Sparx Gems: 4288
#3 Posted: 02:34:29 18/03/2015
I am the biggest High Five fan on DarkSpyro and this is good info for my playthroughs.smilie
#4 Posted: 09:25:36 18/03/2015 | Topic Creator
No probs smilie glad to help
---
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#5 Posted: 10:56:18 18/03/2015
Really interesting, thanks for sharing!

The Speedy Slammer path makes him a truly unique character.
Sure, it's risky, and I usually back up my High Five with Broccoli Guy's healing rune circle, but if you learn how to use it, it's devastating, and the Soul Gem really helps a lot! smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
#6 Posted: 12:18:24 18/03/2015 | Topic Creator
^
Yeah I think he's great. his attacks/ play style diversity has a lot of potential.
I love how he flies , alot of people don't like it but it's amazingly good for dodging and using his poison pellets (if dashing is risky at that point) .

Despite my attempts to make fly slam work as a normal attack it might be more specifically used for versing bosses that have decent stationary moments where they don't attack ( old Kaos final battles or even the SF evilised beasts that have stationary moments between attacks ) so he can get a lot of heavy damage in without being disturbed.
there's not many of those bosses/characters in trap team, they mostly seem to be pretty active, but maybe the next game smilie
---
#7 Posted: 13:07:35 18/03/2015
Quote: wild_defender
^
Yeah I think he's great. his attacks/ play style diversity has a lot of potential.
I love how he flies , alot of people don't like it but it's amazingly good for dodging and using his poison pellets (if dashing is risky at that point) .

Despite my attempts to make fly slam work as a normal attack it might be more specifically used for versing bosses that have decent stationary moments where they don't attack ( old Kaos final battles or even the SF evilised beasts that have stationary moments between attacks ) so he can get a lot of heavy damage in without being disturbed.
there's not many of those bosses/characters in trap team, they mostly seem to be pretty active, but maybe the next game smilie

You are right, stationary enemies like the Scrap Shooters, the Eye-Bat Monsters or the Bad Jujus are no match for his slam attack!

The other ones... Better pay attention when using it. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#8 Posted: 13:31:50 18/03/2015
I'm pretty curious about how long high five is able to fly. In the demos I've seen thus far he only flies for a short while, does anybody know if that time increases when upgrading him?
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
TheShadowDragon Ripto Gems: 2886
#9 Posted: 15:32:39 18/03/2015
Why not stay out of the Life Elemental Zone as High Five? I still want to get him and choose Speedy Slammer.
#10 Posted: 15:58:22 18/03/2015
Quote: angelg
I'm pretty curious about how long high five is able to fly. In the demos I've seen thus far he only flies for a short while, does anybody know if that time increases when upgrading him?

No, he can still fly only for a really short amount of time, even when fully upgraded.

But it's a very "strategic" flight, were he gets a small boost each time you change direction.
He really flies like a fly. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#11 Posted: 16:27:00 18/03/2015
So if you co-op with High Five on the slam path, a good companion character might be Whirlwind due to the healing? Can anyone else heal their partner?
#12 Posted: 21:42:20 18/03/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: Friendzie
So if you co-op with High Five on the slam path, a good companion character might be Whirlwind due to the healing? Can anyone else heal their partner?

Yeah I thought that too smilie as far as I know whirlwind is the only one. They haven't focused much of co op abilities at all recently. Hopefully they do this more in the future coz I think they are missing out big time on some simple yet amazing upgrades to the battle system.
---
#13 Posted: 06:21:54 20/03/2015
So I got High Five today. Holy moly this character is the BEST design of any character. I love him. The flying mechanic is brilliant and makes him so fast and hard to hit. The game auto strafes you around enemies! I love that. The charge move is so quick and moves THROUGH enemies, so he always has an escape if cornered. The slam move is still good sometimes if you're using the poison pellet path, too. It still makes the apples once you have the soul gem. I do prefer the pellet path because I like strafing around things shooting (at Drobot speed, no less, with auto-shoot) and leaving huge poison gas clouds everywhere. They could seriously make a whole game called HIGH FIVE with just this character and nobody would complain that the character wasn't interesting enough. His moveset is huge and fun. Think he could be one of my top Skylanders of all time. I like him a lot more than Short Cut even, who actually dies really easily on higher level Kaos Challenge and arena modes. High Five can handle anything, though.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me