Page 1 of 1
PS4 vs Xbox One
SirKev7 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1251
#1 Posted: 23:24:01 16/03/2015 | Topic Creator
Does anybody have both version? How big is the difference? Is there even a difference at all?
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#2 Posted: 23:28:17 16/03/2015
I've played on PS4, and from what I've seen, there's no noticeable difference at all~

I do believe the PS4 has an extremely slight graphical advantage, but they are extremely similar!~
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#3 Posted: 23:32:18 16/03/2015
Quote: Badwolfmichael
I've played on PS4, and from what I've seen, there's no noticeable difference at all~

I do believe the PS4 has an extremely slight graphical advantage, but they are extremely similar!~

Yes, that's probably the only "difference".

Though you might want to avoid the PS4 save-deleting bug.
Or keep a usb plugged in. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Friendzie Blue Sparx Gems: 611
#4 Posted: 02:17:42 17/03/2015
Sort of off-topic, but I just upgraded to the Xbox One versions of Swap Force and Trap Team, and was shocked by how much nicer they look than the Wii U version. The Wii U is a pretty decent system, too. I felt like it should have been closer visually.
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#5 Posted: 03:15:47 17/03/2015
Quote: Friendzie
Sort of off-topic, but I just upgraded to the Xbox One versions of Swap Force and Trap Team, and was shocked by how much nicer they look than the Wii U version. The Wii U is a pretty decent system, too. I felt like it should have been closer visually.

I've been playing on PS3, so pretty good. But I went over to a friend's house and saw the difference between Wii U and the XBO version....it was like looking at an Atari 2600 going straight to Super Nintendo...it was a huuuggeee difference. I think I could see hairs on Tessa's head lol. I'm replaying Swap Force on XBO now...not that big of a difference over PS3, but not going back now. I hope everyone is moving off of Wii to something good. If you can't buy a new system but have a tablet go there...just get ready to ditch the Wii.

VV knows how to make their games look good so I'm getting very excited about how #5 will look.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 03:18:53 17/03/2015 by GhostRoaster
#6 Posted: 05:13:40 17/03/2015
Yeah! I can actually see all the fine details on my Skylanders now! I didn't even know what I was missing. It's like twice as sharp even though both are supposed to be high def.
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#7 Posted: 17:34:18 17/03/2015
Quote: Drek95

i read it was the ps4 system software and the cloud saving that was the cause of the save bug, and not the game.. but this should be fixed now, since there have been a new system software update for the ps4.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:36:46 17/03/2015 by CountMoneyBone
#8 Posted: 17:43:34 17/03/2015
Quote: CountMoneyBone

i read it was the ps4 system software and the cloud saving that was the cause of the save bug, and not the game.. but this should be fixed now, since there have been a new system software update for the ps4.

It should have... But it isn't. smilie

I read about this being solved, so I thought "Great, now I can stop backing up all my progress!", and, gues what...?
It happened. Just a couple days ago.

Didn't lost too much, but still.
However, I wasn't playing in a "common" way; I was using PSTV's streaming and playing with my dad.
So, two players plus streaming.
Maybe it's too much for the stability of the PS4.

Using the streaming with two players also caused the game to crash, a couple times (which most likely caused the loss of data).
Only time it happened.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
TTD Hunter Gems: 6213
#9 Posted: 18:23:09 17/03/2015
The PS4 has the graphical advantage. However, the difference is barley noticeable while playing, you'll only see the differences when stop playing and examine the visuals closer.
Here is a video of PS4 vs Xbox ONE graphics so just apply the differences here to skylanders: trap team.
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#10 Posted: 20:50:00 17/03/2015
PS4 has graphical advantages on SOME games, to apply that in general (why is Shadow of Mordor being used in a Skylanders comparison?) is just being a fanboy. There are games where the XB1 has the advantage, notably in AC: Unity. The reality is, the gap is closing, quickly - MS has made some significant adjustments to give more power to the developers, and likewise Sony has had to walk back some of the lofty expectations set previously (Uncharted 4 having the target frame rate lowered, as well as possible on resolution).

The reality is for games that aren't overly taxing (like Skylanders TT) they are equivalent, with only slight color shades varying due to rendering. No matter which next gen system you choose you will be satisfied with the upgrade. And despite all the PS fans with their Kaz and Antonio Banderas GIFs there really isn't a noticeable difference.
#11 Posted: 21:55:10 17/03/2015
The PS4 does have the graphical advantage in most games. The games in which it doesn't have the advantage is when the developer/ publisher decides to opt with parity. Games like assassin's creed unity will look exactly the same on all systems. However, whatever system you play skylanders: trap team on the graphics are superb and it really isn't worth comparing them as the minor differences are barely visible while playing.

When I upgraded swap force from Wii U to PS4 I really didn't notice a difference at first, it was only when I tried going back to the Wii U version when I really noticed the leap in graphics. But at the end of the day it's about gameplay and not graphics, I would rather have an amazing skylanders 5 that looked like SSA than a really boring skylanders 5 that looked better than the order 1886.
#12 Posted: 22:22:35 17/03/2015
Quote: TTD
The PS4 does have the graphical advantage in most games. The games in which it doesn't have the advantage is when the developer/ publisher decides to opt with parity. Games like assassin's creed unity will look exactly the same on all systems. However, whatever system you play skylanders: trap team on the graphics are superb and it really isn't worth comparing them as the minor differences are barely visible while playing.

When I upgraded swap force from Wii U to PS4 I really didn't notice a difference at first, it was only when I tried going back to the Wii U version when I really noticed the leap in graphics. But at the end of the day it's about gameplay and not graphics, I would rather have an amazing skylanders 5 that looked like SSA than a really boring skylanders 5 that looked better than the order 1886.

So much this.

I actually miss SA and Giants graphics... Don't know why... The environments are so much better, the characters... I don't know... I really loved that "old looking" graphics.

But yes, gameplay first, graphics later.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#13 Posted: 22:27:01 17/03/2015

So much this.

I actually miss SA and Giants graphics... Don't know why... The environments are so much better, the characters... I don't know... I really loved that "old looking" graphics.

I do agree, SA and Giants just had that charm that I just can't put my figure on. I really enjoyed the art direction on the first 2 games. Yes, they weren't revolutionary but it just seemed to work.
#14 Posted: 23:06:22 17/03/2015

So much this.

I do agree, SA and Giants just had that charm that I just can't put my figure on. I really enjoyed the art direction on the first 2 games. Yes, they weren't revolutionary but it just seemed to work.

I know I'm probably going to sound nostalgic, but... I'm not that fond of the new PS4 and XBOX ONE graphics, most of the times.

They are mind-blowing, gorgeous, incredible... But sometimes, they don't suit the games.

Take SA or Giants.
Characters had only textures, to rely on, but they were AWESOME.
I was playing with Zap, this afternoon, and his skin looked quite bland... He looks more similair to his figure form, but just look at his SA and Giants' skin texture:

[User Posted Image]

So much details, they really made his skin look like a toad or a frog's one.

Same can be said for Spyro, Eruptor, Prism Break and quite a few other Skylanders.
I think it's because now they rely too much on lighting and other effects (such as the metal, or the fur), while before it was a truly artistic work: no lava vein on Eruptor, no crack on Prism Break's body, no shadow on Chop Chop's bones was unintentional.

Everything was 100% texture art.
And it really felt magical, al least to me.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#15 Posted: 23:23:11 17/03/2015
Well this is the first time I have ever heard someone gush about the artistry on low-res textures.
#16 Posted: 23:29:01 17/03/2015
Quote: Friendzie
Well this is the first time I have ever heard someone gush about the artistry on low-res textures.

I know, I'm probably sounding ridiculously nostalgic... smilie

That's just how it looks to me.
SA and Giants were the art of textures, SF and TT are the art of... Effects?

Now, the environments are simply perfect.
They were charming in SA and Giants too, but SF and TT really made them shine. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:30:07 17/03/2015 by Drek95
#17 Posted: 01:09:59 18/03/2015
The PS4 has the graphical advantage. However, the difference is barley noticeable while playing, you'll only see the differences when stop playing and examine the visuals closer.
Here is a video of PS4 vs Xbox ONE graphics so just apply the differences here to skylanders: trap team.

I'll be honest. After living with pixels the size of my hand and watching TRUE technological upgrades/improvement over the last 30 years in gaming, this looks like an exercise in nuances.

Drek: I agree, some games on next gen look like the developers did a bad job of graphical color mix on a number of titles. Don't hate the system, the devs are learning (and failing) in the early go. And there's nothing wrong with "old school". I consider the art of making games knowing the various technique at your disposal and picking the right one to fit the job at hand. I learned early as an IT person that I don't have THAT kind of creativity but various programming techniques to generate those shadows or perspectives are just as important...if used in the right context. Being a game developer is just as much an artistic decision if not more so than being a technologist.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 01:17:19 18/03/2015 by GhostRoaster
#18 Posted: 03:02:29 18/03/2015

The graphical advantage is almost nil these days. And Unity did run better on the XB1, it has been widely reported so - and that was because the game did not depend on raw resolution to make a difference. More and more of the processing power has been made available to the developers and the memory configuration has become easier to use resulting in many upgrades. Does frame rate not matter when the PS4 does not have the advantage? I only mention it because this thread specifically asks about the difference between the two and you originally stated that the PS4 was better for Skylanders because ... Shadow of Mordor?
#19 Posted: 06:55:55 18/03/2015
Quote: GhostRoaster

I'll be honest. After living with pixels the size of my hand and watching TRUE technological upgrades/improvement over the last 30 years in gaming, this looks like an exercise in nuances.

Drek: I agree, some games on next gen look like the developers did a bad job of graphical color mix on a number of titles. Don't hate the system, the devs are learning (and failing) in the early go. And there's nothing wrong with "old school". I consider the art of making games knowing the various technique at your disposal and picking the right one to fit the job at hand. I learned early as an IT person that I don't have THAT kind of creativity but various programming techniques to generate those shadows or perspectives are just as important...if used in the right context. Being a game developer is just as much an artistic decision if not more so than being a technologist.

Exactly, that's the point. smilie

I completely agree, I consider these first games on both PS4 and XBOX ONE to be some sort of experiments.
Looking at a game like InFamous Second Son, which was more or less a PS4 launch title, and looking at what No Man's Sky could become is really impressive.

Maybe with the next game V.V. will keep that jaw-dropping graphics for the environments, and work to make some of the characters textures better. smilie

It must have been great to witness all those technological and graphical progress.
Yesterday I played a bit of Spyro 2 again, just to try out some glitches, and... Let's just say I still consider it an incredible game, perticularly for the textures they used.

They were... Art.
Consider yourself a lucky gamer. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:05:55 18/03/2015 by Drek95
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#20 Posted: 09:34:31 18/03/2015

I read about this being solved, so I thought "Great, now I can stop backing up all my progress!", and, gues what...?

However, I wasn't playing in a "common" way; I was using PSTV's streaming and playing with my dad.

Using the streaming with two players also caused the game to crash, a couple times (which most likely caused the loss of data).
Only time it happened.

on the ps4 you have to login into a different account to play coop and when you also do this streaming with the pstv. things can still go wrong i guess, but playing single player should be good...
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#21 Posted: 10:20:06 18/03/2015
I am tired of paying Bill Gates good money for his faulty products .
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
#22 Posted: 10:40:45 18/03/2015

Only time it happened.

on the ps4 you have to login into a different account to play coop and when you also do this streaming with the pstv. things can still go wrong i guess, but playing single player should be good...

Yes, as I said, it has probably been too much. smilie

Never had a bug, while playing alone, even when using streamings, only a few minor ones mostly the graphical glitches, but nothing else.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#23 Posted: 12:03:56 18/03/2015
Quote: Dark fhoenix

Well given that the XB1 has been much more solid hardware wise this generation and it was PS4 that has had OS updates that bricked systems, HDMI port problems on launch and the Christmas DDoS resulted in them being down over a week instead of a matter of hours I guess you aren't joining the next generation this go round?

Bill Gates hasn't been in charge of Microsoft for several years and left the board over a year ago if it is a personal vendetta you have against a man that is one of the very few billionaires that has chosen to use their fortune to try and make the world a better place instead of leaving it a smoldering ruin. Look into the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.

I get that people aren't fond of Microsoft because of past problems, but they really seem to really be making a point of listening to the consumer. Console is the most expensive? Ok, now it isn't. Don't want to be forced to use Kinect? Ok, now it is optional. Lagging behind in performance? Ok, here is more processor power available to devs. Don't like DRM that forbids used games? Ok, that's gone now.

Both next gen consoles are awesome options for players (abd the WiiU is too), and now have some good reasons to get either one or the other. What annoys me is this mindless console fanboy hate. And honestly, the karma is pretty funny after watching the Sony fanboys mock XB1 owners with the GIFs then seeing their exclusives get delayed over and over (several), downgraded in specs (several, mainly UC4) or turn out to be hot garbage (The Order). I'd be far more neutral otherwise - all gamers benefit from the competition when there are multiple good options for a console.
GinjaNinja Gold Sparx Gems: 2604
#24 Posted: 12:23:57 18/03/2015
Quote: defpally
Quote: Dark fhoenix

Well given that the XB1 has been much more solid hardware wise this generation and it was PS4 that has had OS updates that bricked systems, HDMI port problems on launch and the Christmas DDoS resulted in them being down over a week instead of a matter of hours I guess you aren't joining the next generation this go round?

Bill Gates hasn't been in charge of Microsoft for several years and left the board over a year ago if it is a personal vendetta you have against a man that is one of the very few billionaires that has chosen to use their fortune to try and make the world a better place instead of leaving it a smoldering ruin. Look into the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.

I get that people aren't fond of Microsoft because of past problems, but they really seem to really be making a point of listening to the consumer. Console is the most expensive? Ok, now it isn't. Don't want to be forced to use Kinect? Ok, now it is optional. Lagging behind in performance? Ok, here is more processor power available to devs. Don't like DRM that forbids used games? Ok, that's gone now.

Both next gen consoles are awesome options for players (abd the WiiU is too), and now have some good reasons to get either one or the other. What annoys me is this mindless console fanboy hate. And honestly, the karma is pretty funny after watching the Sony fanboys mock XB1 owners with the GIFs then seeing their exclusives get delayed over and over (several), downgraded in specs (several, mainly UC4) or turn out to be hot garbage (The Order). I'd be far more neutral otherwise - all gamers benefit from the competition when there are multiple good options for a console.

I typically stay out of the whole console debate thing. Because let's be honest, it's the stupidest thing to argue about. But I'll throw my hat in this time saying just how bad Sony is as a company regarding their latest console compared to Microsoft.

PS4 systems were recently hacked. Not all of course, but enough to be reported on. Those effected had over $600 USD stolen from their bank accounts through their PS4s. This is how Sony, the "savior of gaming" handled it.

No refund for anyone effected.
Instead they would be given a $150 Play Station Plus redeemable code.
If you went to your bank to elevate the issue, your account would be blocked and deleted.
If that happened, you would lose access to ALL your digital games, movies, shows, etc.
Say you created a new account, there is NO way to get any of your old stuff back.

So yeah, play station fanboys can scream to the heavens about their pixels and resolution and just "hiw much more Sony cares about the gamers", but the proof is in the pudding. They don't care about the gamers. And yes, Microsoft has made some mistakes, I'll be the first one to tell you how bad the Xbox One reveal was, (I own an Xbox One, Wii U, and a 3DS), but in reality, Microsoft has proven, with how much it's willing to change and listen to the people, that they are the ones that really care about the gamers. Especially now that Phil has taken over the Xbox branch, one of the smartest things the company has ever done in recent years.
mantez Emerald Sparx Gems: 3167
#25 Posted: 12:38:29 18/03/2015
6 to 1, half a dozen the other.
---
Gullible is not in the dictionary.
Unreallystic Emerald Sparx Gems: 3054
#26 Posted: 12:46:36 18/03/2015
Defpally is on fire...I've got little need to post thanks to him...

Only thing I'll add...you're only lying to yourself if you have graphical expectations of the Wii U...Nintendo is a whole generation behind...the Wii was nothing but a GameCube, and the Wii U falls in line with a 360 pretty much...and with what I've played on my Wii U the textures seem weaker, leading me to believe that it either has less memory, less optimized memory, or low bandwidth.

But honestly? I don't play skylanders for purtty graphics, I'd sacrifice graphics in a heartbeat for reduced load times.
- Unreall
#27 Posted: 13:18:17 18/03/2015
Ginga: Didn't know that about Sony. Wow that's as tough as when Gates strong armed hardware manufacturers to preload Windows back in the day. Even worse since actual damages are occuring here before the threat. As a best practice I really don't like store my credit card with any company I do business with. It's inconvenient as hell but not worth the hassle. Of course, there's reports that even if you don't save your credit info it could be lingering somewhere in a transaction table.

Wii U is still a sloppy system compared to everything else. I don't consider it a next gen system. It's a great system for Nintendo exclusives (nothing wrong with that, I'm a Mario fanboy). Let's keep it at that.
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 13:22:04 18/03/2015 by GhostRoaster
GinjaNinja Gold Sparx Gems: 2604
#28 Posted: 13:20:26 18/03/2015
Quote: Unreallystic
Defpally is on fire...I've got little need to post thanks to him...

Only thing I'll add...you're only lying to yourself if you have graphical expectations of the Wii U...Nintendo is a whole generation behind...the Wii was nothing but a GameCube, and the Wii U falls in line with a 360 pretty much...and with what I've played on my Wii U the textures seem weaker, leading me to believe that it either has less memory, less optimized memory, or low bandwidth.

But honestly? I don't play skylanders for purtty graphics, I'd sacrifice graphics in a heartbeat for reduced load times.
- Unreall

This right here. Sure, there are some games where I do in fact want some crazy real graphics. Take Final Fantasy 15, the graphics look insane! And a game like that I welcome that feature. But I also love Skylanders, and don't even get me started on my love for Pokémon. But those are games that don't need the best graphics. Thet, most importantly, need to be fun games. Which is the general rule of gaming regardleas, but still. I enjoy my Wii U, but if I want to stare at crazy good graphics, I'll turn on my Xbox One.

As are side note, to anyone who cares, Nintendo just announced they are already making progress on their next console. Also, they are going to be making smartphone games As well.
#29 Posted: 13:24:17 18/03/2015
I considered myself a Sony loyalist because of Microsoft's past mistakes with faulty hardware--just never could see myself invest in their platform. As defpally noted they've made a ton of consumer friendly choices that have forced me to reconsider. I'm now on XBO because of this.
---
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#30 Posted: 13:35:45 18/03/2015
Not sure about ps4 or xbox, but what I'll try is to move to the next generation for sky 5.
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
#31 Posted: 14:32:31 18/03/2015
I considered myself a Sony loyalist because of Microsoft's past mistakes with faulty hardware--just never could see myself invest in their platform. As defpally noted they've made a ton of consumer friendly choices that have forced me to reconsider. I'm now on XBO because of this.

I'm very..."honest" about consoles, since the late 90s, I've pretty much owned everything, and outside of the Gamecube, bought them myself (GC was a hand me down), this includes portables, so I have very little to NO fanboy in me. I've got an XBOne and plan on getting a PS4 when SF5 comes out or in most likely *not this year* next holiday season.

Everyone has had faulty hardware issues. The difference is how they are covered and the perception. While 360s were red ringing, PS3s were yellow lighting. PS2 DRE issues were WAY more annoying than the red rings. No one is immune. Even with this generation, as noted the PS4 has had some serious issues, and the PSN has been hacked at least TWICE with un-encrypted passwords in a folder called 'passwords', and brgouth down entirely, once for like a whole week.

The current XBOne hate is really still tied to E3 a couple years ago and isn't justified in the slightest. You even have idiots who are like "M$ backed off their stance and don't know what they are doing BOO!" instead of realizing "People wanted something so M$ gave it to them".

The PS4 hardware is better than the XBOne, and my favorite M$ feature has been nerfed (Kinect) to being nigh useless short of turning my system on and off. But the difference in performance is so bleeding edge in the scheme of things that its merely a footnote between crossplatform games. Therefor, "IMO" if you want to compare games between consoles, it comes down to glitches, and load times. No one talks about load times anymore, but since I'm from the cartridge era, it still bugs me. So for most, it really just comes down to glitches. Based on what I've read...PS4 has had way more glitches...bad glitches than XBOne, so I'd go with XBOne on this one.
*shrug*
- Unreall
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3860
#32 Posted: 15:41:13 18/03/2015

That is not a fair comparison.Skylanders is a Cartoony kids game and that Shadow game is a Mature rated realistic game.
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
#33 Posted: 15:52:40 18/03/2015

I'm very..."honest" about consoles, since the late 90s, I've pretty much owned everything, and outside of the Gamecube, bought them myself (GC was a hand me down), this includes portables, so I have very little to NO fanboy in me. I've got an XBOne and plan on getting a PS4 when SF5 comes out or in most likely *not this year* next holiday season.

Everyone has had faulty hardware issues. The difference is how they are covered and the perception. While 360s were red ringing, PS3s were yellow lighting. PS2 DRE issues were WAY more annoying than the red rings. No one is immune. Even with this generation, as noted the PS4 has had some serious issues, and the PSN has been hacked at least TWICE with un-encrypted passwords in a folder called 'passwords', and brgouth down entirely, once for like a whole week.

The current XBOne hate is really still tied to E3 a couple years ago and isn't justified in the slightest. You even have idiots who are like "M$ backed off their stance and don't know what they are doing BOO!" instead of realizing "People wanted something so M$ gave it to them".

The PS4 hardware is better than the XBOne, and my favorite M$ feature has been nerfed (Kinect) to being nigh useless short of turning my system on and off. But the difference in performance is so bleeding edge in the scheme of things that its merely a footnote between crossplatform games. Therefor, "IMO" if you want to compare games between consoles, it comes down to glitches, and load times. No one talks about load times anymore, but since I'm from the cartridge era, it still bugs me. So for most, it really just comes down to glitches. Based on what I've read...PS4 has had way more glitches...bad glitches than XBOne, so I'd go with XBOne on this one.
*shrug*
- Unreall

Couldn't agree more.

I love Sony, I consider myself a loyal customer... But no doubt the PS4 version of Skylanders has bad bugs, and a lot more than the XBOX ONE, from what I read.

Is it Sony's fault? Maybe.
Is it Activision fault? Could be.
Is it Beenox's fault...?

Most likely. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#34 Posted: 16:11:13 18/03/2015
Quote: skylandersspyro

That is not a fair comparison.Skylanders is a Cartoony kids game and that Shadow game is a Mature rated realistic game.

No, it's not fair but I mainly used that point just to demonstrate the differences between the console regardless what game it is. PS4 & Xbox ONE look almost identical on most games. If you showed me screenshots of both the PS4 version and Xbox one version I would not be able to tell you which was which.
#35 Posted: 16:51:28 18/03/2015
One note about system comparison, stills don't show the frame rate differences at different resolutions. so while I'm all for making my XBOne look as 'on par' with the PS4 hardware as possible, I'm a fair minded guy - and the PS4 pretty much beats the XBOne in all graphical categories, but it shines the most when compared at high resolution at high frame rates.

But hey, I bought a XBOne because they were the first (and still only) next gen system with a 'real' fighting game (Killer Instinct - though now that Sony has SF5 as an exclusive, I'm stuck getting a PS4 also), Sunset Overdrive (best exclusive between both consoles to date based on what I've read and played), and the Kinect...Kinect World Party on the 360 was one of the most played 'games' in my house. Now though, the Kinect has been reduced entirely to a gimmick, so that feature is now a waste.

So I love my XBOne, but I'm not a fan boy so I can admit Sony got M$ on hardware. Last time the PS3 had better hardware and crappy development software, this time, they still have the best hardware, but their SDKs are way better than M$'s.
- Unreall
#36 Posted: 16:59:56 18/03/2015

*shrug*
- Unreall

Well, saying I was a "loyalist" is probably giving them too much credit. It was my "preferred" platform. Like you, lived thru cartridges and own most of the systems. Just wanted to share the fact that my system preferences are fading, as they are all more or less the same, with their own set of issues and complications. Except for Nintendo...where clearly they don't want to up the ante on their platform technology. I very much would not want the Mario related franchise to go the way of Sega and Sonic, but I do have concerns.

Funny you mentioned load times...glad I'm not the only one who thinks we've stepped "back" on a number of fronts.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 17:43:46 18/03/2015 by GhostRoaster
#37 Posted: 18:24:35 18/03/2015
Yeah, I've had all the systems from all the companies. I don't get all this company loyalty crap. From one generation to the next a hero can become the cellar dweller and vice versa. No company has owned more than two generations in a row (outside of handhelds, which is all Nintendo).

My preference last gen was the 360? Why? Do I like Microsoft better? No, the controller fit my hand better. If it was cross platform I almost always got it for the 360 for that reason alone.

My big reason for getting the XB1 first? My wife loves Beachbody workouts so I was able to use XBox Fitness as a justification to get one as a family Christmas gift and avoid wife aggro.

Getting a PS4 is not on my list right now. Why? I have an XB1, and their list of exclusives that are out or out soon is not good enough to justify it yet.

We got a WiiU right off the bat. Why? I have two sons the love Mario. End of story.

The thing is, as a company, these days Microsoft is rocking it. I like that they have made several adjustment due to customer input. Their firmware updates are like a list of "most wanted" features. Sony, on the other hand either isn't listening (at least to the US market), doesn't care or can't afford to be as nimble (Sony as a whole is drowning in a sea of red) - they still don't support external drives, to upgrade your hard drive you have to completely replace the drive after dismantling the system and doing some moving things around. And don't even get started on their service outages/hacks/customer service as mentioned above. If you were to pick a company (and as a gamer, I don't know why this would be important), then clearly MS is the one that is making the good moves this generation. Again, there is no bonus for being loyal, so not sure why this is a big deal to anyone.
#38 Posted: 19:57:19 18/03/2015
What? I get LoyalBucks from Sony every month. yyyeeeaaahhh....
---
#39 Posted: 20:27:56 18/03/2015
I'm not loyal to Sony because I get bonuses.
I'm loyal to it because I grew up with its consoles.
Every. Single. One.

I was born in the same year the PSX came out.
A couple years later my mum bought it for my dad, and I slowly began to get closer to it.

Then me and my dad got chicken pox, and she bought us the PS2.
That made me truly fell in love with it.

My parents bought me the PSP for my Confirmation and the PS3 for my Secondary School degree.
Then the PSVita for my first High School degree, and the PS4 for the second.

Yes, I also have some Nintendo devices and a PC, but nothing has never made me feel so "at home" like Sony.

For what I have understood, and it's not that much, Microsoft is mostly caring about the US market, and since I live in Europe, the choice was even more obvious.
Only because Sony isn't doing that great there, doesn't mean it is going down in general. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#40 Posted: 20:45:37 18/03/2015
Ah Drek you made me feel old!
I got a NES for my 7th birthday. I saved up and bought a SNES in 4th grade. Saved up and bought my PSX in middle school...dat Tekken boy! Couldn't tell me NOTHING! Because I had to pay for my own systems and what not, I ended up skipping N64, my best friend who was biking distance had it, so I had the best of both worlds - I biked outside, to go play games inside haha. Makes me realize the bad side of XBL. Scooped a Dreamcast senior year of high school...still my favorite system of all time, SFIIX, Power Stone 1&2, SFIII:2i & 3S, MvC, MvC2, the 2K series, Chu chu rocket, Shenmue, great controller, etc.

The next gen - XBox/PS2/GC I think was the end of needing multiple consoles. M$ had tons of exclusives, PS2 became the God of video games, and GC had...Smash...and Mario Kart.

PS3 and X360? I got multiplayer games on my 360 because that's where my friends were and solo games on PS3 because no one would bug me, and towards the end (I got a PS3 late), they were pushing out better games on the PS3. But all in all, you were missing VERY little.

Now its even more so, I laughed at the folks who were z0mg PS4! As if it had some magical staple of exclusives...they pretty much had the same games, except where Sony had Infamous 3, XBOne had Sunset Overdrive *shrug*. Again for me, the big difference was Sony didn't have a single fighting game or Kinect, M$ did. when I get my PS4 though, I'll most likely still get Skylanders on my XBOne to keep the portal clutter 'low'. I'm trying to only have (1) DI portal and (1) 'Landers portal.
- Unreall
#41 Posted: 21:28:17 18/03/2015
LOL. Yeah. I was single sharing an apartment with a room-mate when PS was introduced. Oh wild days.
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me