darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Trap Team > Skylanders trap team tablet portal and controller return
Page 1 of 1
Skylanders trap team tablet portal and controller return
Titancrasher01 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4325
#1 Posted: 19:00:49 16/03/2015 | Topic Creator
For anyone who has had issues with their portal and controller can you please tell me what you did to return those to activision to get new ones sent back.
---
PANCAKES!
blade430 Green Sparx Gems: 427
#2 Posted: 00:11:46 17/03/2015
I'm not sure about the tablet controllers and portals and all that, but when spyro's advebture came out, I got a faulty portal, so I sent it back to the ebgames I bought it from, and within a few days, I got a working portal.
---
"And so I arrive, like a sudden windstorm at a kindergarten picnic!"
-Dimentio
allskate03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2915
#3 Posted: 02:30:07 17/03/2015
I had an issue with my xb1 portal I went on activisons site and filed a claim, they mailed me a new one and got it in a couple days I never got a return label so I'm not sure what to do with the old one
---
Ssa 44/61, giants 69/87, swap force 79/89, trap team 59/65 traps 56/62. Have all cores and variants just not chase,fuzzy,gid
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#4 Posted: 02:49:14 17/03/2015
File a support ticket, they will take a few days then ask for pictures of it and your receipt. Then after a few more days they will send you a label. Then you have to send it back after which time they will send you a new one and that can take up to three weeks (their estimate) and they will NOT cross ship. They must receive it, and determine the problem before they will send a working one to you. After a month you should have a working portal.

Personal experience. I just returned it back to Amazon and got a replacement. Their support replacement, as I understand it, used to be ok, but now it sucks - particularly if you have a new out of box game you have to wait close to a month to be able to play. All of this over a portal/controller that probably costs them a couple dollars to make, tops.

Then when you tell them that you are just going to return it to the store, they call you over and over asking why you hadn't mailed it yet (even though they have no intentions of cross shipping) despite having told them multiple times to close the case.
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#5 Posted: 03:02:45 17/03/2015
See, I had the same question. For those who haven't ACTUALLY done the return process, it is quite confusing.

1. The return form is actually easy to do and fill out. IF you can read those small numbers on the faulty device/skylander.
2. The return screen actually mentions a return, and it also says to follow the instructions in the return email and to print out the label in the return email.
3. For me, there were no specific instructions on returning the item in the email nor any label that was emailed to me.
4. The return instructions button which appears after you submit the form is actually non functional.
5. There is a support link which links other forms to fill out (not digital online) but seems to be in regards to defective discs.

I got a DOA skylander over the weekend and just went through this, so I totally understand what the OP is getting at. It's not clear....clearly confusing at best...and some of the links they present don't work.

Had I not been a derp and actually used the portal in store or at least tried them out through the box before ripping it up damn skippy I'd be going back to the store. Plus this was one bad one out of a triple. The one time I've filed for a DOA skylander they shipped the new one sight unseen of old one. I'm told the process has changed.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 03:09:43 17/03/2015 by GhostRoaster
Titancrasher01 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4325
#6 Posted: 15:03:06 17/03/2015 | Topic Creator
I've tried contacting Activision but their website is ridiculous whenever I attempt to contact someone with live chat it tells me to login and when I attempt it always tells me that an error has occurred, I've been annoyed with Activision for years but now I'm starting to think that they have stopped caring.
---
PANCAKES!
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#7 Posted: 15:56:53 17/03/2015
Support used to be good as I hear. They would send out replacements without problem and no hassle. I guess people took advantage of them or Activision decided it was too expensive. What you can expect now is a few days of hoops, then sending off you figure and waiting for them to verify and re-verify before they even consider replacing it. A few weeks later you have it.

Test the figures in store if possible, and don't buy unless they respond instantly on the display portal. If you cannot test in store, test at home as soon as possible and return immediately to the store if it doesn't work exactly right. And lastly, factor in the drop in support quality in your future purchases with the franchise - I know I am.

Cutting back on support costs is a short term gain, long term major loss.
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#8 Posted: 16:29:27 17/03/2015
You nailed it. Gives me the unsettling feeling I'm sitting on pipe bombs.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me