Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Fandom > How the Dragon Temple Should Be (LoS)
Page 1 of 1
How the Dragon Temple Should Be (LoS) [CLOSED]
Seakara Yellow Sparx Gems: 1143
#1 Posted: 23:05:05 09/03/2015 | Topic Creator
Hello everyone, I've recently been replaying the game known as Spore and decided to attempt to create a replica of the temple from the Spyro legend Series in the adventure creator for those that want to use it. There is, however, one problem that I've run into and that's the fact that the majority of the temple is unknown to us or there is very little there. Sure you maneuver through hallways and such, but I mean where's all the other rooms? Where's pedestals that the eggs where on? Why in the world do the dragon elders sleep on the stone floor if they have the capabilities to construct an entire temple? Haven't they heard of beds? (Seriously, even Spyro's egg has a pillow.)

I figured that this would be a good way of asking for ideas of other fellow members of the Spyro community, and maybe spark up an interesting conversation.
How do you think the Temple Grotto would've been built, and what would it have? I'm talking about practicalities here. Would the temple have a kitchen and dinning area? Should it have an actual sleeping area? What else would dragons in this temple need/want?

The only known rooms are the training room and the grotto(room with the pool of visions and eggs from the first cutscean). (Also hallways)

Alright, introductions out of the way, here's my mindset of the temple.
(This is a bit of me rambling, so reader beware.)

Although it might not have been used to this in the far past, during the wars with the apes the temple was a place to protect the dragon eggs till their hatching. Perhaps the only reason the temple exists is to house dragon eggs and the elders to protect them till hatching as well as teaching these dragons to harness their elemental powers. Either way, it's definitely a place where dragons will need to stay at, so I suspect a sleeping quarters is necessary. The Dragon Elders in The Eternal Night all slept in a side room from the pool of visions that also led into the temple gardens (probably will make the gardens more "gardeny" though). Perhaps that's so they have easy access to the pool and gardens to easily take off in flight. What about the dragon hatchlings though? My guess is that they will continue to sleep in either the egg room, or in another area nearby. These rooms would be underground, as too further protect them, and it's been seen that Ignitus used a tunnel in the cliff side to fly out and save the Spyro egg.

Honestly, this place seems more of a fortress of protection than a temple. So it's probably going to need all the basics: a sleeping area, a decent sized supplies storage, a kitchen, maybe a forge? Dragons can wear armor, and there's even that mysterious helmet in the training room. Unless they have a forge nearby, it'll be hard to supply armor and weapons to the elders and learning young dragons. (Though I imagine they'd only use metal claws for weapons...) Also, why in the world are the eggs in the room with the pool of visions? That's piratically the entrance into the temple apart from gardens and outside hallways; It's no wonder the temple was quickly taken. Prehapes there could be a second room with another pool of visions, but underground so they're much safer.
This is really all I can think of at the moment, so discuss away. :3

Yeah, I'm probably too much of a nerd to think this much into this, but hey, it's interesting. smilie
---
Lurking, lurking, lurking- Oo~ Shiny! Lurking, lurking, lurking.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me