darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Trap Team > Skylanders Trap Team OST Getting ContentID'd?
Page 1 of 1
Skylanders Trap Team OST Getting ContentID'd?
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#1 Posted: 21:41:33 06/03/2015 | Topic Creator
I know this topic was around a while ago, but over villain songs. Anyone else got a claim by APM Music over the theme for Operation Troll Rocket Steal specifically? They already tried claiming the Lockmaster Imp theme one(but only once in Chompy Mountain), but now they call it "Ancient Warriors" and for some reason only affects a portion of the video. The video is also private,meaning it was automatic.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 21:42:37 06/03/2015 by Bifrost
TTD Hunter Gems: 6213
#2 Posted: 22:11:49 06/03/2015
I searched for the 'Ancient Warriors' music and it does sound very similar to the music found it Operation Troll Rocket Steal (especially at 0:29). However, it doesn't sound as if they are the same piece, it's probably just a coincidence but the content ID match has detected it as the same piece.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 22:13:28 06/03/2015 by TTD
#3 Posted: 22:42:11 06/03/2015 | Topic Creator
Oh yeah, it definately does but it's not the same song, Rocket Steal lacking a lot of instruments and is slightly slower. Guess I can at least try to dispute it without that lingering doubt that Acti really hired some guys that claim royaly-free songs to license their stuff.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:42:28 06/03/2015 by Bifrost
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3975
#4 Posted: 01:30:44 07/03/2015
It's not that video, it's this music (first result): https://search.apmmusic.com/#s...%3A%22must%22}]

Some music other than the Villains Theme are third-party content from APM Music.
---
bye
#5 Posted: 11:31:53 07/03/2015 | Topic Creator
Everything that APM claims as X song is on their website. That includes renaming songs from Incompetech and public domain.
---
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#6 Posted: 16:25:19 07/03/2015
Is this just a new scam to extort money? I mean, doesn't this take quite a bit of work to do all of this? Sad.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
#7 Posted: 17:10:20 07/03/2015 | Topic Creator
Been around for a while, Youtube's ContentID being so exploitable as it is. Incompetech(which has royalty-free music) had already to set up a mailing system so people can report when some "third party company" is claiming money on free songs, and that's not mentioning several ones that make claims on lesser-known public domain tracks,old games OST that are free to be monetized, and even things that devs already allowed Let's Plays on. And that's not including troll claims,like youtube just accepting someone saying that Banjo-Kazooie belongs to the web video company Rooster Teeth when the only own their shows(and I've never seen them really do anything to videos other than report reposts of series they make, so it's definately someone other user entirely reporting it).
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 17:12:41 07/03/2015 by Bifrost
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#8 Posted: 23:35:26 07/03/2015
That wasn't my question. I know what youtube has implemented...I know the limitations and implications of that system...my simple question is: "what's in it for them" Just sounds like misery all around if it's not a legit claim.

The system on "auto stupid" is one thing...but folks taking the time to make claims is another.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:36:25 07/03/2015 by GhostRoaster
#9 Posted: 03:29:36 08/03/2015 | Topic Creator
They're taking the money off of a monetized video until you dispute them, though I'm not sure if anyone gets to keep it during said dispute - probably yes since they'll take their sweet time until the last day to make someone just press no with no rebuttal to your reasons. So,for someone that isn't seriously making money from their videos or just forgot some old channel, there'll be no dispute for a long time if at all, so it's free ad money for the company even if it's far from legit.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 03:30:27 08/03/2015 by Bifrost
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me