darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Trap Team > skylanders with personal shields/barriers
Page 1 of 1
skylanders with personal shields/barriers
wild_defender Green Sparx Gems: 465
#1 Posted: 05:04:09 04/03/2015 | Topic Creator
What are your opinions on Skylanders that can shield?

Wild fire
Chill
Chop chop
Doom stone (added)
Flip wreck (added)

( only ones I can think of atm, please post if you can add to the list) .

E.g. I remember Chills shield was incredibly useful in Swapforce because she was able to nullify all those Laser magnifying glass Mage things that did a lot of damage. But a lot of the time I do find shielding not super useful against Several enemies.

Maybe we need more diverse mission so that charscters with shields/ other special abilities become a bit more useful, e.g. would They better if they were the attacking force in Kaos' doom challenge instead of defending the crate ? (Coz of their ability to shield from the turrets)

And also wat are your thoughts on skylanders that create physical barriers for protection ?

I like the physical barriers as they always come in handy for me, but would you guys prefer them too have another attack instead? I haven't tried these guys in Kaos' doom challenge yet , but are their barrier useful to block gates etc?

Hex
Zook
Shroom Boom
Blades
Bash( pretty small though, but can be hit to create a projectile )

( please post if you can add to the list).

Skylanders that create barriers/shield around them selves( usually out of projectile attack weapons) to deflect/absorb attacks

Dino-rang
Camo
Echo

I'll keep adding smilie I'm just checking each one out before I add them
---
Anyone else think Short Cut should be making jokes about running with scissors?
Edited 8 times - Last edited at 22:39:49 07/03/2015 by wild_defender
GhostRoaster617 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3963
#2 Posted: 05:19:27 04/03/2015
Well to list just a few, here are some others with shields and barriers

Shields
Doom Stone and his invincible shield that practically protected him from any attack in Swap Force.
Flip Wreck definitely has one that even can be used for transportation too. Unique and original at the same time gotta say.
Wildfire not Lion Heat does use a shield so he is a shield wielder.

Barriers
Voodood technically has barriers with his magical tripwires, but are more or less traps like Trap Shadow's bear traps.
Rocky Roll will have a boulder posse that sorta counts as a barrier as even his upgrades call them barriers.
Smolderdash and Blast Zone can create barriers around their bodies similar to Echo's.
Star Strike is the master of deflecting so she doesn't even need to officially have a barrier.
Roller Brawl has blades that protect her.
Gusto and Lob Star can have spinning boomerangs and stars to protect them.

Also maybe this topic could also include buddy and minions as well even though this topic may get too long if adding those too.
---
Grave Clobber is back to bury you!
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Skylander3112 Gold Sparx Gems: 2115
#3 Posted: 06:44:26 04/03/2015
Everybody is forgetting about the first ever shield character CHOP CHOP!
He is my favourite Shield character because his Shield Bash is pretty good and with the Series 2 Wow Pow it's just amazing. It's also great that you can keep on absorbing damage taken and release it at the end.
GhostRoaster617 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3963
#4 Posted: 06:47:34 04/03/2015
Well I didn't mention chop chop because he did list him off.
---
Grave Clobber is back to bury you!
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#5 Posted: 06:56:40 04/03/2015
Stink Bomb can also create a barrier of rotating shurikens.

I don't use defensive abilities that much, but I usually still choose to unlock them, when part of a path, because I love variety in a character.
You never know whe they'll may be useful... smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#6 Posted: 07:44:34 04/03/2015
Quote:
Also what are your thoughts on skylanders that create barriers for protection ?

Hex,s bone barrier is way too unfriendly for player 2 team ups . It hinders and annoys them .

Zook barrier works fine for 2 players .
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
Unreallystic Emerald Sparx Gems: 3054
#7 Posted: 13:17:05 04/03/2015
I think defensive mechanics in general need a 'jolt'. They are often way to quirky compared to the offensive ones frankly.

I almost feel like calling forth a ashield should also give you resistance to attacks so you take less damage if you are still hit. Nothing like using Hex's bone shield and still getting destroyed due to the speed and effectiveness of it.
- Unreall
AzureStarline Emerald Sparx Gems: 3539
#8 Posted: 13:51:04 04/03/2015
I never shield. I just don't see the need. It's a pretty easy game unless you're in Nightmare mode, so I just take the damage honestly.
---
Favorites: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#9 Posted: 14:10:12 04/03/2015
I use Hex's bone wall offensively, really. With her speed it's not worth it and if you have Master Caster it's really only going to slow down the chompy-type enemies before you get Skull Buddy up. It IS however incredibly useful for damage over time - just cast it after you have Skull Buddy up and the enemies will keep running into the wall until the skull destroys what's left. In Giants and SSA you can even make enemies get stuck inside one, so it's free 35 damage per second while you figure out what to do.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:11:27 04/03/2015 by Bifrost
Insane01 Gold Sparx Gems: 2038
#10 Posted: 18:42:38 04/03/2015
You also forgot the other SSA character, Dino-Rang w/ his boomerang shield
---
" Am I the mad one or are you?"
then, again, "we're all mad here
"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:43:58 04/03/2015 by Insane01
Unreallystic Emerald Sparx Gems: 3054
#11 Posted: 19:32:34 04/03/2015
Quote: Bifrost
I use Hex's bone wall offensively, really. With her speed it's not worth it and if you have Master Caster it's really only going to slow down the chompy-type enemies before you get Skull Buddy up. It IS however incredibly useful for damage over time - just cast it after you have Skull Buddy up and the enemies will keep running into the wall until the skull destroys what's left. In Giants and SSA you can even make enemies get stuck inside one, so it's free 35 damage per second while you figure out what to do.

I use it offensively too, but that's why I feel it should act as a plus to defense on top of everything, as it stands now, how often does anyone actually shield for defense? I shield with Chill for her ice bash, I don't think I ever shield with chop chop. with Hex I shield as an attack, with Zook and Shroomboom I basically just spam everything, but its so inefficient to use the 'actual' shield attack with Zook at least that it could use a bump. The Stone Swapper (forgetting name) had a GREAT shield...but outside of Knightmare, you might as well just mash attack and kill before you get hit.
- Unreall
#12 Posted: 20:35:46 04/03/2015
Stone Swapper is called Doom Stone.
The Ocean Man Red Sparx Gems: 42
#13 Posted: 21:30:58 04/03/2015
My favorite game character with a shield would have to be Chill. I love her Glacial Bash upgrade the most, but her narwhal summoner is pretty nifty aswell.

My favorite out of the barrier makers is Zook. His bazooka, and his bamboo shields are extremely fun to summon. In fact, he is my 3rd favorite Skylander overall. He has alot of fun dynamics to his character.
---
Ween is awesome!
#14 Posted: 22:21:20 04/03/2015 | Topic Creator
So I guess there's a third type that's seperate from the other 2. The guys that have personal shield in the form of projectiles usually. E.g. Ding rang eve camp with his sun shield and melons. I'll add another list.
---
#15 Posted: 22:31:30 04/03/2015 | Topic Creator
does roller brawls blades deflect/absorb projectiles or anything ? Coz otherwise their more just of a 360 degree attack with some knock back ( that a lot of characters have, e.g. Prism break ) .
---
Troll Slug Ripto Gems: 2054
#16 Posted: 23:42:50 04/03/2015
Lightning Rod has the clouds.
Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2672
#17 Posted: 00:08:16 05/03/2015
I know he isn't a skylander but shield shredder has shields. I guess shroom boom has a barrier of mushrooms.
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
StormDragon21 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5537
#18 Posted: 02:50:55 05/03/2015
I don't know if it would count, because it's only useful if you end up getting hit, but Stump Smash has the Thornbark upgrade, which deals damage to enemies that attack him.
---
"sTORM, my parents just told me something that RUINED MY LIFE. DID YOU KNOW that Smarties have different flavors?!" ~ShadowMewX
#19 Posted: 03:28:51 05/03/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: StormDragon21
I don't know if it would count, because it's only useful if you end up getting hit, but Stump Smash has the Thornbark upgrade, which deals damage to enemies that attack him.

I like stump smash's thorn thing, i don't think it counts as a shield, but doing ~30 trap team damage to everything around you when your hit is pretty decent, and it does have some knock back . stump smash has always been my favourite melee brawler, his health and damage and healing in water are great and is one of the few charscters I think that is actually made to fight someone head to head instead of just dashing around shooting projectiles.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:17:55 05/03/2015 by wild_defender
#20 Posted: 06:23:14 05/03/2015
What about Bash? His Stone Projection is kind of great, but you can only have one out at a time. The projectile sent out went hit is slow but high damage. I don't use it a lot though.
#21 Posted: 08:08:20 05/03/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: Skylander3112
What about Bash? His Stone Projection is kind of great, but you can only have one out at a time. The projectile sent out went hit is slow but high damage. I don't use it a lot though.

Awesome I forgot about him. Your right it's probably not the best barrier but it has potential. If a reposed bash ever gets a pow wow that increases the rock size or be able to have 2 it'll prob be utilised a lot more.
---
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#22 Posted: 09:10:24 05/03/2015
I always thought of Chop Chop as THE shield guy . There is a 50 % chance we will play with his shield skill .

I am sure 99% of us spam Chill,s ice magic and spear attack when we play with her .
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#23 Posted: 11:39:21 05/03/2015
Bash could always use Stone Projection three times before replacing one as far as I know,but their hitbox is so small they're there more so enemies have to walk around them than anything.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Ilistar Green Sparx Gems: 157
#24 Posted: 04:29:36 06/03/2015
Blades generates a whirlwind and can embed debris within it using her(?) secondary attack.
#25 Posted: 22:38:04 07/03/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: Ilistar
Blades generates a whirlwind and can embed debris within it using her(?) secondary attack.

Nice, one of his paths deflect projectiles. But is the tornadoe always behind him on this path coz it follows him? I didn't pick that path so I can't tell.
---
Swap Force Fan Emerald Sparx Gems: 4095
#26 Posted: 00:55:45 08/03/2015
Lob-Star?
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me