Forum

Skylanders: Lost Islands

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
"Update available" problem [CLOSED]
iNiekie Blue Sparx Gems: 549
#1 Posted: 22:55:54 01/03/2015 | Topic Creator
Hi there,
I just got this message when opening the game:

Update Available
Your cloud save was created with a newer version of skylanders lost islands
Please update to continue playing

It redirects me to the app store / google play but whatever I do, I am unable to open my game.

Anyone else getting this and what could be the solution?
---
Activate family: DoubleDutchy & iNiekie (last account has problems....)
Daily gifter untill game crashed, Activision is working on it.......
ABennett Blue Sparx Gems: 865
#2 Posted: 23:16:19 01/03/2015
Has happened to me about 5 times now. This is how I fix it:

Step 1: Launch the game in airplane mode
(Step 1A: If during the launch it asks you to log into Google Play, switch off airplane mode while you log in then quickly turn back to airplane mode before it can boot in)
Step 2: Once the game has loaded, turn airplane mode off
Step 3: Quickly open the options and keep tapping the "Save to Cloud" option over and over as your device reconnects internet. You need to overwrite the cloud save before it has a chance to check

This may not work the first time, as you need to get a bit lucky with your cloud save timing. So if you get the message again just exit and keep trying the steps above.

Whatever you do, do NOT reinstall the game on your device. Your cloud save is corrupt, so if you lose your local save it's unlikely there's a way back.
Kiwipackabacka Blue Sparx Gems: 502
#3 Posted: 10:48:56 02/03/2015
I am unable to login, my account would not go online and it suggested to fix this to log out and log in again. When I try to log in it comes up with an error.
My daughters account won't go online either but Internet is working so must be a problem with the game.
#4 Posted: 20:13:43 02/03/2015 | Topic Creator
Excellent, problem is solved!
I had to run through those steps several times, but then I was able to do the cloud save.
Thanks in a million!
---
#5 Posted: 09:11:37 04/05/2015 | Topic Creator
Today I got the same message as before, update available problem. See this thread for the solution. I imagine I am not the only one with this problem.
After several tries, I got it fixed again (pfff)
---
bjornolf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1144
#6 Posted: 12:44:58 03/07/2015
I just got this this morning. Why the heck can't they fix it so you can choose to switch to offline save, then save over the cloud save. Doesn't seem like it would be that hard a fix. So annoying. I've tried 12 times and failed. I'll give it a few more, then I'm done.
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#7 Posted: 12:58:17 03/07/2015
If all else fails, reinstall. It saved me a few times, but at the risk of losing your save, try everything else first.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#8 Posted: 13:11:47 03/07/2015
Eh. If I lose my level 45, 23K gems, 1.5B coins, all skylanders level 15, full complement of companions... ain't no way I'm coming back.
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#9 Posted: 13:20:09 03/07/2015
If it Cloud saved chances are you'll just lose the days it's not working. It happened to me last update, came back to my game being clutter country and all the quests I had finished back in my list, but 3 days wasn't a big loss.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#10 Posted: 13:57:37 03/07/2015
But if I uninstall and reinstall, don't I lose my local save? If my cloud save is corrupt and I lose my local save, I'm hosed.
HappyGamer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1470
#11 Posted: 12:57:38 06/07/2015
Backup your device if possible before trying any sort of uninstall. That way you can always revert to the current state, working or not.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me