darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Trap Team > It's official. The Wii version is kinda broken
Page 1 of 1
It's official. The Wii version is kinda broken
Operationgamer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1289
#1 Posted: 15:23:22 01/03/2015 | Topic Creator
Apparently, this version has some issues:
1.) I opened a chest and A gem that was in it was floating in mid-air, making me have to jump to get it.
2.) On two occasions (once during the Wolfgang battle and once during a loch puzzle) my controls froze and I had to disconnect the nunchuck from the remote and reconnect in order to fix it.
3.) The framerate drops at times and the framerate in the cutscenes is low enough to make them look like they have the animation of a claymation movie.
4.) During Monster Marsh's arena battle, I encountered a glitch where I defeated a wave of enemies and NOTHING happened for about 2-5 minutes.
5.) In telescope Towers, the console freezes if the chapter isn't completed in under 15 minutes.
Yeah. This version is kinda broken.
GigaCamo Emerald Sparx Gems: 4288
#2 Posted: 15:31:40 01/03/2015
I realized that to. Also in the KDC it has loads of lag issues. I haven't tried the Wii U version but I hope it isn't lagy.
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#3 Posted: 15:33:33 01/03/2015
Wii version has been broke for 2 releases. In my opinion, I think it would've served their customer's long term goodwill further if they didn't make it for that platform. I know its scary since that's been the lion share of sales....in my opinion they should've offered a free upgrade to Wii U in Giants---they waited too long to acknowledge that.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#4 Posted: 15:38:54 01/03/2015
I'm curious how the Wii version is selling this time 'round compared to the other versions. I haven't looked it up lately.
#5 Posted: 15:42:57 01/03/2015
Wii still dominates, but it's more equal this time.

Wii 0.83
Xbox 0.74
PS3 0.53
Wii U 0.48
PS4 0.29
Xone 0.24
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
#6 Posted: 16:01:37 01/03/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: GigaCamo
I realized that to. Also in the KDC it has loads of lag issues. I haven't tried the Wii U version but I hope it isn't lagy.

Really? Because, I haven't encountered any lag so far. Then again, I've only played one KDC.
#7 Posted: 16:16:56 01/03/2015
Wow. Interesting that the Wii U version has outsold the PS3 and XBO versions.
I wonder how many people bought the Wii version because they'd get both the Wii and Wii U versions together.
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#8 Posted: 16:39:29 01/03/2015
And can't forget that Beenox, who makes the Wii versions of the games now, also made TT 3ds,which apparently is just as laggy and behind on graphics despite the system's capabilities.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#9 Posted: 16:39:36 01/03/2015
Quote: GhostRoaster
Wii still dominates, but it's more equal this time.

Wii 0.83
Xbox 0.74
PS3 0.53
Wii U 0.48
PS4 0.29
Xone 0.24

with these sales i believe we will see skylanders5 on the old wii too...
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#10 Posted: 17:21:41 01/03/2015
The Wii is more than dead at this point. Trap Team was literally its last release in 2014. Now that the starter pack gave out WiiU codes,they don't need to be as attached to it.
---
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#11 Posted: 17:24:53 01/03/2015
Quote: Bifrost
The Wii is more than dead at this point. Trap Team was literally its last release in 2014. Now that the starter pack gave out WiiU codes,they don't need to be as attached to it.

I hope so.

Freeing us from it's restriction would open up a whole lot of technical possibilities.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
TTD Hunter Gems: 6213
#12 Posted: 17:26:32 01/03/2015
I would really recommend upgrading to a next gen console now as the future skylander games are only gonna have more content which means that even more content will be left out on the wii versions (maybe even whole chapters) and when online does come into play in a future skylanders game, the wii will not be able to utilise it as the nintendo wi-fi (the Wii's online service) has been taken down permanently. So I really would recommend going out and buying a new console (Wii u/ PS4/ Xbox one will most likely be supported for another 10 years).
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#13 Posted: 18:41:15 01/03/2015
And can't forget that Beenox, who makes the Wii versions of the games now, also made TT 3ds,which apparently is just as laggy and behind on graphics despite the system's capabilities.

I thought TFB did the Wii Port for this game and Beenox did SF's Wii port.

The 3DS games have been glitchier and laggier after n-Space's Giants, and they keep getting worse in those regards. Some employee posted here, essentially saying the engine for all the 3DS games was really 3DS-unfriendly ("it should never have been used"), but they never had time to develop a better one. Strangely enough, SA 3DS had much better graphics without the lag- and I don't mean that as a jab at the devs of the later games, I just think it's interesting, and I'd love to understand how VV did that.
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#14 Posted: 18:41:58 01/03/2015

That's not Beenox, that's the use of a very old, not really appropriate engine for this game because Activision will not invest the money to do it right.

Beenox also does the XB1 and PS4 versions, and those blow the other ones out of the water. The WiiU TT looks good, but if you compare it to the XB1 on the same TV, there is a CLEAR difference, like not even close. And they are (as far as I have found), no more buggy than other versions of Skylanders. Given the choice, XB!/PS4 is the way to go into the future for Skylanders, with WiiU/XBox360/PS3 being an acceptable alternative. The Wii is barely hanging on and the 3DS is going to always be the "other" game rather than a headline experience (I do enjoy them though).
#15 Posted: 19:27:40 01/03/2015
Huh, thought that it was one dev team per port so it was only logical that TFB/VV did the next-gen. So on graphics and QA testing, is it tied more to Activision in general than any of the three?
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:28:19 01/03/2015 by Bifrost
#16 Posted: 20:04:24 01/03/2015
Quote: UncleBob
Wow. Interesting that the Wii U version has outsold the PS3 and XBO versions.
I wonder how many people bought the Wii version because they'd get both the Wii and Wii U versions together.

Next gen will be outsold for a few years I believe, but a lot of inroads have been made as "last gen" is now more or less equally distributed. I expect next gen to double in sales in the next two years easy.

Also keep in mind that SSA, SG and SSF had 5 million in sales. At 3 million, there's a good gap left yet to fill.
---
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 14:51:44 02/03/2015 by GhostRoaster
Eruptor100 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1446
#17 Posted: 20:22:53 01/03/2015
For the second one, if you tangle around with the wire. You seriously damage it and your forced to reattach it constantly. This happens to me too.
---
Stick em up!
Credit to big green
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:23:12 01/03/2015 by Eruptor100
#18 Posted: 01:17:53 02/03/2015 | Topic Creator
Well. After watching one of Aura24's videoes, I have to add another glitch to the list. During the Wolfgang fight, everything everything zooms out or turns invisible except the background, causing you to not be able to see what your doing.
#19 Posted: 05:28:39 02/03/2015
Next gen will be outsold for a few years I believe, but a lot of inroads have been made as "last gen" is now more or less equally distributed.

Yeah, but I was impressed that the Wii U (which is technically, a "next gen" system) outsold the PS4 and XBO ports.
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#20 Posted: 07:33:40 02/03/2015
Quote: UncleBob
Next gen will be outsold for a few years I believe, but a lot of inroads have been made as "last gen" is now more or less equally distributed.

Yeah, but I was impressed that the Wii U (which is technically, a "next gen" system) outsold the PS4 and XBO ports.

WiiU has been out a year longer and is favored by the target base of Skylanders - pre-teen boys. They are much more likely at this point to have a WiiU than a true next gen system.
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#21 Posted: 12:53:17 02/03/2015
Quote: defpally

That's not Beenox, that's the use of a very old, not really appropriate engine for this game because Activision will not invest the money to do it right.

Beenox also does the XB1 and PS4 versions, and those blow the other ones out of the water. The WiiU TT looks good, but if you compare it to the XB1 on the same TV, there is a CLEAR difference, like not even close. And they are (as far as I have found), no more buggy than other versions of Skylanders. Given the choice, XB!/PS4 is the way to go into the future for Skylanders, with WiiU/XBox360/PS3 being an acceptable alternative. The Wii is barely hanging on and the 3DS is going to always be the "other" game rather than a headline experience (I do enjoy them though).

there was a save corrupt problem on the ps4, but that was more the ps4 system software (cloud saving?) than the game. i guess that is fixed now since there have been a new system update for the ps4 system software. also the patch you download for any version of the game is for the online features only, so no bug fixing... there is enough proof of that in our bug report post we have sticky here...
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 12:57:03 02/03/2015 by CountMoneyBone
Greeble Emerald Sparx Gems: 4276
#22 Posted: 13:20:57 02/03/2015
I must have one of the good ones.

I've never had any problems with any of my games, and i've played all 4 on the Wii.
---
^ You all know it's true
#23 Posted: 14:54:40 02/03/2015
Might bear repeating: Also keep in mind that SSA, SG and SSF had 5 million in sales. At 3 million, there's a good gap left yet to fill for Trap Team.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:54:58 02/03/2015 by GhostRoaster
Failinhearts Gold Sparx Gems: 2376
#24 Posted: 15:19:55 09/03/2015
Quote: Greeble
I must have one of the good ones.

I've never had any problems with any of my games, and i've played all 4 on the Wii.

Same goes for me, I got the Dark Edition on the Wii (Just so I can download the game on Wii U) and after I finished the HD game, me and my sister decided to sit down and see what was so different about this version. The game got completed and no glitches aside from the horrible cutscene framerate.

The new characters look significantly worse on the Wii (duh) compared to the characters from SSA and Giants who have their models ripped from previous games from the franchise it seems.
---
SSA: 37/37. SG: 61/62. SSF: 73/75 STT: 42/78
Have left this forum, who knows if I'll come back...
A believer of Jesus Christ
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me