darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Trap Team > All this for a stinkin' Rainbow Hat
Page 1 of 1
All this for a stinkin' Rainbow Hat
ArkleeTerror Green Sparx Gems: 238
#1 Posted: 03:52:02 21/02/2015 | Topic Creator
i normally don't bother with harder difficulty settings on games, as i prefer an easy ride, but when i noticed that part of the reward for beating nightmare mode on trap team was a FREAKIN' RAINBOW i decided to take the challenge

all was well up until the final two boss fights. you can see all the bodies that safer sephiroth- i mean traptanium kaos claimed (including my elite spyro who stayed in his box rather than going into the corpse pile afjsdljf)

BUT I DID IT. I GOT MY DANG RAINBOW HAT. NOW I AIN'T EVER TOUCHIN' IT AGAIN. GET DUNKED NIGHTMARE MODE

[User Posted Image]
---
smilie smilie You cannot kill The Metal smilie smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:52:40 21/02/2015 by ArkleeTerror
GhostRoaster617 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3963
#2 Posted: 05:24:48 21/02/2015
Oh my well I give my condolences to all the Skylanders who died for victory. How can smilie and smilie lose a battle? Well at least smilie doesn't seem to be in the carnage of lost souls.
---
Grave Clobber is back to bury you!
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Friendzie Blue Sparx Gems: 611
#3 Posted: 06:11:42 21/02/2015
Just did this myself. Only lost a few because I cheesed all the bosses with Kaos. The rainbow hat is overpowered, but I really wish it didn't cause puffs of cloud to come out of you!
TheShadowDragon Ripto Gems: 2886
#4 Posted: 06:59:36 21/02/2015
When I had Kaos in the Kaos Trap, I wasn't having so much trouble beating one of the game files in Nightmare mode. But I know just how you feel about all this. Just breaking the whole thing in Nightmare mode just to get a Rainbow Hat doesn't seem like much.
dinodig1767 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1245
#5 Posted: 07:00:26 21/02/2015
Is playing through nightmare mode (which is basically story mode twice) worth playing?
---
Check my website out! http://skylandersinventoryadventure.weebly.com
It's about skylanders(PM me if interested in the custom section)
Updated 8/24/14
wild_defender Green Sparx Gems: 465
#6 Posted: 07:03:15 21/02/2015
The final battle in nightmare mode is pretty ridiculous this time.

I think it's mainly to counteract the ability to use villains. Particularly using Kaos agains him self. Damn villains lol
---
Anyone else think Short Cut should be making jokes about running with scissors?
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#7 Posted: 08:10:00 21/02/2015
I got the rainbow hat from the 3DS version, but it didn't register in the console version.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#8 Posted: 08:33:32 21/02/2015
Thats a nasty pile up of corpses man .
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#9 Posted: 08:55:34 21/02/2015
Quote: ArkleeTerror
i normally don't bother with harder difficulty settings on games, as i prefer an easy ride, but when i noticed that part of the reward for beating nightmare mode on trap team was a FREAKIN' RAINBOW i decided to take the challenge

all was well up until the final two boss fights. you can see all the bodies that safer sephiroth- i mean traptanium kaos claimed (including my elite spyro who stayed in his box rather than going into the corpse pile afjsdljf)

BUT I DID IT. I GOT MY DANG RAINBOW HAT. NOW I AIN'T EVER TOUCHIN' IT AGAIN. GET DUNKED NIGHTMARE MODE

[User Posted Image]

Were they all maxed out...?
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5023
#10 Posted: 10:04:13 21/02/2015
i got the rainbow hat in the 3ds game for my console game, was the first thing i set out to do. getting the rainbow hat after you have beaten the game on nightmare mode is pretty pointless. at that time you have probably played the game to death anyway... but with that said, it makes the skylanders go faster smilie

i'm saving nightmare mode for when i have all the stt skylanders (no variants, no minis, not all traps)
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 10:06:16 21/02/2015 by CountMoneyBone
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10026
#11 Posted: 13:02:19 21/02/2015
Yeah, maybe if it was a rainbow-colored Arkeyan Hat or something that actually fits any skylander - Knightmare Hat in Giants is definately worth the trouble,for example.
I haven't even touched Nightmare mode yet and on Hard I lost over 20 skylanders to Vayne "Kaos" Novus(Sepiroth might've had the weird wings but the sword powers and machine inspiration remind me a lot more of FFXII's villain)... I'll have to count my losses by game overs instead ._.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#12 Posted: 13:24:32 21/02/2015
Hmm... I'm two levels away from fighting Kaos in my Nightmare save file... This scares me a bit, I lost 13 Skylanders on Medium ( Though I played with a second player ) and I lost about 20 or 30 on hard mode... I'm a little scared to see what happens in Nightmare..
zookinator Platinum Sparx Gems: 5694
#13 Posted: 14:19:35 21/02/2015
I beat Kaos on Nightmare, and I saw as sight I never thought I would see: All my Magic Items that attacked were gone, and over half of my army was gone as well. And in case you can't tell from my signature, I have a lot!! (Don't count seven in the TT slot as those I got after I beat him)

Honestly, I haven't really tried out any of the Hats in TT, as I don't like them on characters, but I am going to change that sometime. I have started the Sheep Creep Challenge, and I really mean to do it. The ranks in GIants don't count any more, and Swap Force's are practically useless, so I don't have much to lose. After I might attain the status of going through the game on Nightmare with all the reset SSA characters, I think I might start putting on hats and Trinkets. Seems like they would make them more... me.
---
Skylanders Colosseum Clash
A Fanmade Skylanders Boardgame
StormDragon21 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5550
#14 Posted: 14:26:12 21/02/2015
I think I'm getting nightmares… Hopefully I can max out my team to make it easier…
---
"sTORM, my parents just told me something that RUINED MY LIFE. DID YOU KNOW that Smarties have different flavors?!" ~ShadowMewX
wgeorge111 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3774
#15 Posted: 15:16:33 21/02/2015
You will be glad you did it (you will have a strong hat to start Skylanders 5 with), as long as VV does not nerf the hat in Skylanders 5.
#16 Posted: 20:22:37 21/02/2015
At least the Nightmare Mode kept me very busy with my free time.
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#17 Posted: 20:27:18 21/02/2015
Quote: StormDragon21
I think I'm getting nightmares… Hopefully I can max out my team to make it easier…

It matters "a little bit" but even on maxed out characters you can only take 2 or 3 hits. Health isn't a replacement for skill in nightmare mode. In my opinion, only ranged attackers make sense here.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
#18 Posted: 20:46:42 21/02/2015
Maybe that's why Eon's Elite Skylanders were made; to aid all Portal Masters leading them to victory, if not flawless.
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#19 Posted: 21:53:49 21/02/2015
Sure, if you want to believe it. It's a simple cash grab and exploratory marketing to see if they can milk collectors.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
#20 Posted: 21:57:33 21/02/2015
No, if they were JUST a cash grab,they'd have the paint job and that's it. Collectors aren't looking for 3x stats, people who want to wipe the floor with the game are.
---
Alphawolf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1692
#21 Posted: 22:19:41 21/02/2015
i dont know i found nightmare kaos hard but not that hard. i was able to kill him first try using only knightmare, wolfgang and broccoli guy. wolfgang did all of the damage really because of his range attack. Its all about knowing your skylander and dodging stuff. Thinking back on it i kind of want to fight him again. it was kind of fun.
Troll Slug Ripto Gems: 2054
#22 Posted: 00:25:07 22/02/2015
I am on Level 17. I have no deaths but there was some weird glitch. I will return to fighting Golden Queen soon!
fairyland Emerald Sparx Gems: 3800
#23 Posted: 01:01:04 22/02/2015
I finally got around to doing this about two weeks ago. Honestly I wasn't up for the nightmare challenge so I was waiting until I got a Kaos Trap to actually do this. WOW was I really happy to have him! Kaos is so overpowered that it makes doing nightmare almost like playing it on easy mode. I got though all the stages of nightmare without a death (or even a sweat) until Kaos himself. Most of the levels I didn't even have to swap, Gearshift/Kaos was typically all that I needed. Gearshift for speed and Kaos for attacking.

Then I suddenly lost 4 of my best Skylanders and it shocked me! I couldn't believe it! At first I thought that could take him down as easily as before by using projectile characters (like Bumble Blast and Gearshift) but they all went down fast, some insta-kill! I then realized that I needed to get serious and actually think about what I should be doing here as I relied too much on the Kaos trap for the entire game.

Damage wise, no Skylander I typically use is good against Nightmare Kaos. Their DPS just doesn't cut it. Even Kaos's 780 Earth attack makes the battle a long one. And none of my favorites has enough defense to last for very long, one to three hits and they are dead. Ultimately all one can do is to just keep your Skylander alive long enough to get Kaos back into battle.

Luckily I've gotten rather good at refilling Kaos's energy back up quickly and then switching to the correct element without a mistake. What typically got me dead was my not paying attention to his health and then waiting the 10 seconds or so to get him back into game. Most Skylanders simply cannot that last 10 seconds without taking a hit or I'm just horrible at dodging his attacks.

Ultimately I used a dozen Skylanders and lost 8 in my defeating of Kaos on nightmare. I knew that was good, but I felt I could have done better. I can do it with one, if I had that one perfect one to pair up with Kaos and focus all my serious efforts into doing this.

So, does anyone have a character that they like to do the "no character swap nightmare Kaos star challenge" with? I know some of us has done this already but I forgot who with.

Amazingly, I ended the game with a Dark Stealth Elf of all characters as her speedy-ness seemed to help me out the most to avoid damage. I was thinking that perhaps I should buy an Eon's Elite Stealth Elf to do this challenge with as she'd be able to take far more hits to cover up my inability to avoid taking damage. But perhaps there are better options to use than her?
---
Stay Cool!
Friendzie Blue Sparx Gems: 611
#24 Posted: 02:00:57 22/02/2015
On the last boss I found that some Skylanders died in one hit even though they were maxed. Without Kaos I might have gone through a pile similar to the one Arklee has.
StormDragon21 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5550
#25 Posted: 02:35:47 22/02/2015
Quote: GhostRoaster
Quote: StormDragon21

It matters "a little bit" but even on maxed out characters you can only take 2 or 3 hits. Health isn't a replacement for skill in nightmare mode. In my opinion, only ranged attackers make sense here.

Yeah, but I only have two maxed out characters and the rest are somewhere around levels 12-15. Is there any real hits you can take difference between those two level ranges?
---
"sTORM, my parents just told me something that RUINED MY LIFE. DID YOU KNOW that Smarties have different flavors?!" ~ShadowMewX
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3988
#26 Posted: 07:25:46 22/02/2015
I did it not so long ago, that was quite a fight. I did not use any Villain and 22 fully maxed Trap Masters died before I finished him with my main man Flameslinger.
---
bye
Unreallystic Emerald Sparx Gems: 3054
#27 Posted: 14:00:43 23/02/2015
I got to be honest.

I had planned on doing it, but just never got around to it. Listening to you guys is actually making my blood boil, and raising my interest. I can beat Kaos with just one figure and broccli guy if I so choose, so hearing about the bodies that fall is piquing my interest...

Maybe we should get a grave site of pictures going? Take a snapt shot of what you used to beat Kaos on Knightmare?
- Unreall
#28 Posted: 14:20:22 23/02/2015
That'd be pretty fun/horrifying to look at. Traptanium Kaos really isn't a cheap boss except for the damage rate(which then is a fault with the game difficulty itself),but the sheer focus it takes to avoid dumb hits - which in this fight hurt a lot more - means a solo run or a pile of bodies.

EDIT: And also counting maybe one's experience with shoot-em-up games. I definately can undo some of my scatterbrained-ness by grazing the doom sharks for health, but as soon as I get nervous by doing mistakes I start taking more damage than I can recover.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:28:36 23/02/2015 by Bifrost
#29 Posted: 15:49:21 23/02/2015
Quote: Bifrost
That'd be pretty fun/horrifying to look at. Traptanium Kaos really isn't a cheap boss except for the damage rate(which then is a fault with the game difficulty itself),but the sheer focus it takes to avoid dumb hits - which in this fight hurt a lot more - means a solo run or a pile of bodies.

EDIT: And also counting maybe one's experience with shoot-em-up games. I definately can undo some of my scatterbrained-ness by grazing the doom sharks for health, but as soon as I get nervous by doing mistakes I start taking more damage than I can recover.

Yeah, I've played a fair number of Japanese Bullet Hell Shooters, so I do pretty good when it comes to the twitch dodging. I actually take the most damage from simply being greedy...focusing on doing a bunch of damage instead of dodging. Last time I did Kaos (not nightmare) with just Lob-Star and Broccoli guy, and that was because BG let me get lazy, just lay down a healing circle, and boil myself so I could go HAM with ninja stars. Due to damage, I can't do that on Nightmare though.

Real intrigued...
- Unreall
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#30 Posted: 16:31:19 23/02/2015
To me, fighting SA and TT's final bosses is like going to the toilet after you've been holding it for ages: it's so great when you're walking in, but then it turns out you have to poop and you get bored waiting for your bowels to clear, so you contemplate leaving before you should rather than sitting there and struggling until you're done.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 16:44:15 23/02/2015 by Arc of Archives
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3988
#31 Posted: 17:04:55 23/02/2015
^ lol at that comparison.

Unreal, the hardest part is the third phase where there are so many things to dodge at once it's nearly impossible not to get hit, and you have very little time to attack Kaos since you are busy jumping over all the shockwave, lasers and sharks.
---
bye
Greeble Emerald Sparx Gems: 4276
#32 Posted: 17:05:52 23/02/2015
I think when the time comes i might use Hoot Loop.

He's done well for me so far.
---
^ You all know it's true
#33 Posted: 17:28:23 23/02/2015
Quote: newkill
^ lol at that comparison.

Unreal, the hardest part is the third phase where there are so many things to dodge at once it's nearly impossible not to get hit, and you have very little time to attack Kaos since you are busy jumping over all the shockwave, lasers and sharks.

And that's exactly why you graze the doom sharks. The lasers are definately the easiest to dodge since they'll always do the same two patterns, and with the waves causing ~400 damage,every bit of the elemental shockwaves and 15 health per second grazing is a must to keep your character going for a little longer. Problem is,grazing instead of jumping headfirst because the slow-mo throws you off.
---
#34 Posted: 18:48:33 23/02/2015
I also have a lack of fear of switching the villains in just to tank. So through all those hops, if I might mis time one, just switch. It's the one skill I got from CoD and SF/Tekken that translates - twitch controls haha.
- Unreall
INTIMIDAT3R Blue Sparx Gems: 857
#35 Posted: 23:34:06 23/02/2015
I have a Skylander Army of 300+ characters, including rares, and I have no ninterest in trying this game on Nightmare mode.

I'm pretty much bored with the whole Skylander franchise now. When I'm done completing my Trap Team collection, I'm done.

I'll be spending my gaming time with other games I've neglected for the past 4 years like Rainbow Six: Vegas 1 & 2, Elite Sniper 2(Free this month on XBox Live), the HALO series, and a host of others.

Anyone up for some co-op on XBox live, hit me up, my gamertag... THE INTIMIDAT3R

Make sure use both words when searching.
---
"I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith."--- 2 Timothy 4:7
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:25:58 24/02/2015 by INTIMIDAT3R
lamoracke Yellow Sparx Gems: 1635
#36 Posted: 23:08:51 24/02/2015
I can definitely understand the carnage to beat Kaos. I have won with and without using Kaos. I used Kaos trap to win so I could get the timed achievement. The don't swap glitched saying I won the first run through, which made no sense but will take it.

Think its the first game I got all the stars on nightmare mode but with Kaos, it definitely makes it easier for almost anything.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me