Page 1 of 1
Trap Team 3DS Freezing Issue
terradorheart Green Sparx Gems: 418
#1 Posted: 05:08:58 20/02/2015 | Topic Creator
I was wondering if anyone else on the forum has had an issue with the 3ds version of Trap Team freezing whenever switching your skylander. After checking out some other forums, it seems to be this issue is most prevalent when switching between skylanders of the same element, but I've had it happen repeatedly when switching between different elements as well. Honestly, if I didn't want to keep Gusto and Barkley, I would just return the 3ds version and stick with the Wii U version. I'm just really disappointed with this iteration of the 3ds version; this glitch has really wrecked an otherwise enjoyable game. I am planning to contact Activision customer support soon for maybe some type of compensation for these issues with the game, or to get some insight if a patch is planning on being released. Has anyone else has luck in a similar situation?
Friendzie Blue Sparx Gems: 611
#2 Posted: 06:06:42 20/02/2015
Yeah the 3DS versions have always been lackluster, but Trap Team seems to be the worst yet.
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#3 Posted: 09:28:36 20/02/2015
My friend had the same issue, had to restart the save file. Sorry man.

SA 3DS was great, but the rest have been too glitchy (and relatively lackluster besides that). I would've played SF 3DS more, except it kept randomly locking up my 3DS. I know it wasn't my console, because it happened on multiple ones. I couldn't take it any more and stopped playing it entirely. Giants 3DS would crash a lot, too, but at least it gave me an error message rather than freezing the entire system.
#4 Posted: 14:41:46 20/02/2015 | Topic Creator
Spyro's Adventure 3DS was definitely the strongest of the 3DS bunch. Each iteration past that has had more and more issues, at least for me.
nocturnalnathan Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#5 Posted: 15:05:40 20/02/2015
Quote: terradorheart
Spyro's Adventure 3DS was definitely the strongest of the 3DS bunch. Each iteration past that has had more and more issues, at least for me.

I second that. I was so glad when I saw Trap Team 3DS was finally the first game to not include an exclusive figure that didn't come with the console version.
---
"Chicks dig giant robots"
#6 Posted: 16:06:51 20/02/2015

I think SF 3DS was a big step up from Giants 3DS, but besides that, I agree.
ultyzaus Yellow Sparx Gems: 1700
#7 Posted: 16:27:45 20/02/2015
Quote: nocturnalnathan

I second that. I was so glad when I saw Trap Team 3DS was finally the first game to not include an exclusive figure that didn't come with the console version.

The main problem with 3DS SSA is that it isn't a handheld game since it requires the figures to change the characters in-game. I don't really see myself bringing 8 figures and a wireless portal in my bus ride to work :/
---
http://ultyzarus.deviantart.com/
223/254, 17 superchargers, 14 vehicles
Characters missing: Rocky Roll, Splat, Nightfall, Thrillipede
vinzclortho37 Blue Sparx Gems: 949
#8 Posted: 17:05:21 20/02/2015

Agreed. Each version has been progressively worse, except that SW added the ability to swap Skylanders on the fly after scanning them in once.

My TT 3DS game froze up a few times, but never resulted in a lot save file, thankfully. My main problem with TT 3DS, other than the glitches and freezes, is that it doesn't use the traps in any way. Annoying.

...I'll add to that the goal of not getting hit during the three flights on the dragon's back in one of the later levels. The hit detection and motion controls suck so bad, I have abandoned it as impossible. Guess I'm stuck at 80/81 stars forever. I 100% finished the three previous games, so this issue really sticks in my craw.
---
Skylanders Plugs!
Pics coming soon!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:06:20 20/02/2015 by vinzclortho37
#9 Posted: 18:14:11 20/02/2015 | Topic Creator
I definitely agree that allowing you to store your Skylanders in the game, eliminating the need to carry the portal/figures around everywhere, was a big improvement that probably should have been there from the first 3DS game. I'm not too annoyed about the game's issues since I luckily got it during Target's $39.99 starter pack sale last week. I don't even know if its worth it at this point to try wrestling with Activision's customer support just to likely be told there's no plans for a patch.
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#10 Posted: 23:21:33 20/02/2015
Do you mean mid level or in the hub? I found that if you do it mid level, if you hit a skylander while the two on the bottom of the screen are still fading in, it will freeze.
---
Dead
#11 Posted: 23:56:47 20/02/2015 | Topic Creator
I was talking mid-level. I hadn't paid attention to if I swapped while the skylander on the bottom of the screen was fading, but maybe thats when it was. I had the most issues when switching between 2 skylanders of the same element, oddly enough.
wah543 Gold Sparx Gems: 2787
#12 Posted: 05:41:21 21/02/2015
I originally got the 3ds games over the console games for SA and Giants and really loved both. I loved the fast past fighting and platforming, but for Swap Force and Trap Team I got the console versions because they introduced jumping. I was considering getting the 3ds versions of Swap Force and Trap Team but they both seem very meh. SA and Giants for 3ds were both great
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5023
#13 Posted: 10:18:13 21/02/2015
i never had this problem and i have been switching skylanders a lot on the stt 3ds game... of what i have played of the stt 3ds, it have been rock solid and no freeze or glitches. but i havent bothered to add all ssa,sg,ssf characters..

how many characters have you added to the game?..

what 3ds model are you playing the game on?
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#14 Posted: 01:12:32 22/02/2015 | Topic Creator
I am using a 3ds xl. I've added a mix of characters from SSA through Trap Team. When I go home for spring break, I am going to try it on my new 3ds xl I ordered and see if that makes any kind of difference.
#15 Posted: 08:42:59 22/02/2015
I'm not a hardware wiz, but... From what I heard, the New 3DS just has an extra CPU core, and taking advantage of that would require specific coding so different tasks would be split between the cores. If it's a hardware problem, buying a New 3DS won't fix it, unless it's because of the old system's components dying (and that'd probably make other games glitchy as well).

I can tell with more confidence you that from my experience, playing on the New 3DS doesn't seem to make a lick of difference, since I'm still encountering the lag and bugs I did on my original XL.

Since my friend had this issue and was able to fix it just by restarting his save, it's most likely a glitch with the game. Based on all the bugs I've encountered in Giants, SF and TT on the 3DS, I'd be surprised if that wasn't the case.
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5023
#16 Posted: 09:26:30 22/02/2015
if im not remembering wrong there was something with the giant 3ds game. that had to do with do many characters added, this may be related to the stt problem here... i cant find the post about it thou...
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#17 Posted: 15:34:40 22/02/2015 | Topic Creator
That's good to know that the N3DS XL won't make much of a difference. I had bought it for Majora's Mask/Smash upgrades anyways, just didn't know if it would have some kind of hardware upgrade that would help TT's glitchiness as well. My 3DS XL is pretty new; its the Persona one, which came out in October I think? And I haven't noticed any issues in any other games. I will probably try restarting my save file and see if that makes a difference.
esrever Green Sparx Gems: 207
#18 Posted: 22:41:48 22/02/2015
This happened to me as well, when I was about half way through world 2. Whenever I selected a different character from the menu, it just played the loading animation forever. No amount of restarting or reloading could fix it. Even trying to scan a new toy using the portal resulted in the same freezing. I had to delete my save file and start the game over again.

I don't know what exactly triggers it, but the issue is clearly that something in the game is capable of corrupting the part of the save file in which your Skylanders collection and stats are recorded. You can still load your actual save game and play through the stages, but as soon as you try to read or write to the Skylanders library file (by switching characters or scanning a new toy), it fails and the game hangs up. It's unlikely to be affected by the model of 3DS you own. It's a problem with how the game is coded, and how it writes to the save file on the cartridge.

It's a shame, because otherwise I'm generally enjoying Trap Team 3DS. I dug Spyro's Adventure for its different style of gameplay, but now that they've moved away from that, I think Trap Team is their most successful attempt at aping the style of the console games. I just wish I wasn't constantly worrying that the freezing bug will come out of nowhere again and ruin my game.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:43:57 22/02/2015 by esrever
Cheshiremonkey Gold Sparx Gems: 2068
#19 Posted: 13:37:14 23/02/2015
I've had this happen. The game froze during a swap a few times during a level. I swapped outside in the hub and it fixed itself. YMMV.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me