Forum

Skylanders: Lost Islands

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Mobile > Skylanders: Lost Islands > How does one get the limited houses if they start today?
Page 1 of 1
How does one get the limited houses if they start today? [CLOSED]
lamoracke Yellow Sparx Gems: 1635
#1 Posted: 22:17:27 18/02/2015 | Topic Creator
Hey guys. I started in early February. I admit, I did do a $50 splurge on a gem pack while on vacation and got all the remaining alter ego houses on February 14th as I figured I might not see them again and my luck in the wishing well s horrible...

So, I saw Cupid Flameslinger as a $5 gem pack

But all these houses, the 8 giants, the 4 minis, are they available in quests or do you guys think the likely way they will ever be gotten is blind luck in the wishing well? Hoping I can buy them directly some day or in the case of giants, win them through quests like I just did with the trap master house.

Thanks.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:18:41 18/02/2015 by lamoracke
Nroc-Nuika Platinum Sparx Gems: 5336
#2 Posted: 22:57:28 18/02/2015
No individual Skylander houses are available in quests unfortunately. Just keep your eyes peeled for new updates. Sometimes, usually at the end of the month or on national holidays, the houses will come back in the shop to buy at regular price. They're usually split up into Giants, Minis and Alter Egos but there have been a few times where EVERY house came back at the same time.
---
I always forget to check my guestbook
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#3 Posted: 23:11:58 18/02/2015
They always pop up again sooner or later . Just be patient new friend
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:12:31 18/02/2015 by Dark fhoenix
BUGMom05 Blue Sparx Gems: 729
#4 Posted: 23:16:29 18/02/2015
they usually aren't even available in the well when they are available. Only for 350 gems for a limited time. That's their ploy to get you to do just what you did

spend cash to get something quickly.

I'm not above a gem buy, in fact, we just weighed in on another thread that it is "only right" considering how much fun/enjoyment we've gotten from the game.

what you will find is that they are available with enough time between them that you will be able to purchase them directly with gems you have earned. Generally one or two at a time, but maybe more depending on how fast you earn (and save) them.

Purchasing companions like Capybara King, Southpaw, Ruggles and CapeGirl will help you earn gems faster

Since you earn gems from the sugar bats--matching swappers to the elements--and from leveling up everyone. You';ll earn gems faster as you gain more skylanders. do that by:
  • toy linking figures you already own
  • trading codes from toys you own with others on this forum
  • spinning for them with gold (Here's Hoping you can capture Wolfgang!)

as far as getting the actual giants and minis themselves--it's luck of the draw. I can strongly recommend you don't use gems to buy them, but if you do spend gems, then the game will refund gems for any figure that you toy link in. So if you know you will own eventually (birthday present or some such) it's a good option

alter Egos are usually ONLY available as wishing well prizes--easier to get as the monthly prize each time--you should have won Charming Cobra by now--and if not, then get to wishing, it only takes 200-ish stones max to fill the luck meter
although sometimes you can get them as a "gift with gem purchase" like CF was last Friday, or they are sometimes a prize just for logging in that day. People won Holiday Wash Buckler Birthday Bash and Frosted Food Fight just for turning on LI

and on some months, an alternate Alter ego is available than what is offered-in January, many people saw the grand prize as just being an AE they hadn't had before.

good luck
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:34:07 18/02/2015 by BUGMom05
#5 Posted: 00:05:53 19/02/2015 | Topic Creator
Thanks. I have all the characters so won't be using money to buy any giants, was referring to the 8 giant houses. Will just keep looking at the specials every day and see if something shows up.

I like organizing my houses but will admit, its a bit wasteful to have 15 alter ego houses and only be able to use Cupid Flameslinger.

(and did buy Softpaw, Ruggles, Capybara King, Batterson, etc to help with gems and wishing stones. As much as I would like Flynn, Tessa, Fiznik, Ermit, Arbo, etc, they seem to just let you level faster and I think given am already past level 20, there is no rush there to spend my gems on them when all these limited houses and alter egos could come out in theory.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:10:30 19/02/2015 by lamoracke
#6 Posted: 01:54:15 19/02/2015
Arbo is pretty nice because he helps you build up energy for gathering gold. Him plus Ol' Mac are a great combo!

Tessa Flynn Fiznik and then Cali were the LAST ones on our list--well, not Cali, yet. We may pick up Cali for half price if we get 400 more in time. and we didn't get them until level 40.

It's def worth spending the gems to upgrade your inventory especially if you are short Mabu (stow away some buildings to free up some Mabu for the bigger projects) thgat can help with the alter ego house. I have the CF house, and no AE to put in it!
#7 Posted: 22:36:23 19/02/2015 | Topic Creator
Ultimately, trying to figure out if I should save/hold on to my 2000+ gems because some day those missing houses or characters (though unlikely for characters) will ever come available for gem sale.

Sounds like I should keep them. If houses are 350 gems each and there are 8 giant and 4 mini houses left, I should hold on to my gems, at least quite a bit of it, just in case.
#8 Posted: 22:42:04 19/02/2015
Spend half and save half . If you just started , you have 50 gagillion other things to worry about .
---
ABennett Blue Sparx Gems: 865
#9 Posted: 22:45:56 19/02/2015
All the giants houses are available this weekend, so that may put a big dent in your gem collection!
#10 Posted: 22:58:10 19/02/2015 | Topic Creator
How do you know that? The giants houses that is. That will be all my gems but I would definitely buy them.
#11 Posted: 23:29:38 19/02/2015
Sale starts on Friday, and I live in the (slight) future.
#12 Posted: 23:31:54 19/02/2015 | Topic Creator
Awesome, thanks ABennett. So, all 8 for 350 gems each?
#13 Posted: 23:31:55 19/02/2015
anything else to know??
let me rephrase:

I'm busting my hump to get Cali (My last companion) while she's still half price (so tonight).

Since it's Cali and increased gold--I can totally hold off on getting her if there is something else worth spending 1600 or so gems on. But if not, then I'll pick her up rather than try and get her for 3500 gems later
#14 Posted: 23:45:25 19/02/2015
Nothing else super-exciting to report for Friday. 50% off all Giant Skylanders to go with their houses, I think that was it. Not in front of my game right now.
#15 Posted: 23:50:51 19/02/2015
Mm-kayy, thanks for chiming in.

I'm still nursing a bruised ego from buying Rufus 15 MINUTES before the update with the dark/light gateways came down. Not that you could have helped with that one, but now I'm all wary and stuff
#16 Posted: 08:42:47 20/02/2015
Gonna have to bust my hump to get a giant house .
---
#17 Posted: 14:47:01 20/02/2015 | Topic Creator
Well, time to start saving in case the 4 mini houses come out. I have yet to see them in the wishing well since I started but a friend told me 4 minis have houses so time to save for those now.

Whisper Elf, Trigger Snappy, Small Fry, and Hijinx. Thus, need to say 1400 gems for that.

Hoping that once all the houses are done, can then freely use my wishing stones for alter egos exclusively and can of course hope for occasional gem sales for some alter egos which I hear can once in a while happen so need to keep a buffer for that.

Nice to not have to worry about wasting wish well spins on giant houses now!
#18 Posted: 16:06:11 20/02/2015
Your enthusiasm inspires all of us , Portal Master Lamoracke .
---
#19 Posted: 16:40:49 20/02/2015 | Topic Creator
Well, some dorks have to be weak willed and occasionally spend money on this site to balance all the folks stronger willed than me. I at least can resist spending money on things I know I can wait on.
#20 Posted: 01:28:21 21/02/2015
But apparently Diggs was available for someone today.

Did you spend your m oney on houses? or the companion everyone is hoping for?
#21 Posted: 01:40:01 21/02/2015 | Topic Creator
I got my 8 houses yeah. I saw that Diggs and all the other unavailable ones were available Valentines weekend so am sure they will come out and play another day. My goal is to try and keep 1500 gems on hand at all times so when alter egos or mini houses come out, I do not have to spend real money again (unless its a $5 gem pack with guaranteed alter ego thing).

Liking my pretty houses and this time, can actually use them all.
#22 Posted: 08:23:46 21/02/2015
Oh looky the adventure clock is 60 percent discount today . They love toying with us .
---
#23 Posted: 15:00:36 21/02/2015 | Topic Creator
Frosted Food Fight is also available for the $5 gem pack, ka-ching.

Dont see the adventure clock at a discount but will keep an eye out. Ah, there it is. I might have to get one. These 22 hour adventures are taking a long time.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 18:12:39 21/02/2015 by lamoracke
#24 Posted: 21:47:52 22/02/2015
With Flynn they take 16. But they are rather nice when they are instant!
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me