darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Trap Team > Villain Tag Not Working. Help Please!
Page 1 of 1
Villain Tag Not Working. Help Please! [CLOSED]
karnog Red Sparx Gems: 14
#1 Posted: 13:57:56 16/02/2015 | Topic Creator
I have only had Skylanders a couple days. Total newbie, so hopefully my problem is something easily resolved. I am on PS3 and gone through the first few chapters and can't seem to get the Tag to work. I trap villains and regardless of whether I have them in a crystal or in the Villain Vault, I cannot swap my character to be the villain. I click L2 and nothing happens. I have tried this many times in many different scenarios and nothing happens on either controller that I own when I press L2. Anyone have any idea what is going on?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:59:06 16/02/2015 by karnog
Buuzer Hunter Gems: 6546
#2 Posted: 14:03:10 16/02/2015
Have you changed your controller? Have you restarted your console? Have you started a new savefile?
---
smilie smilie smilie youtube.com/user/GOWBuuzer smilie smilie smilie
TTD Hunter Gems: 6229
#3 Posted: 14:08:07 16/02/2015
Try L1, when playing a demo of trap team on a PS3 I had to use L1 to switch instead of L2. Try that, if it doesn't work your controller may be faulty.
#4 Posted: 14:21:54 16/02/2015 | Topic Creator
Thanks for the replies Buuzer and TTD!

I have restarted the console a couple times and unfortunately that hasn't helped. I haven't tried a new savefile though, I will try that. As far as using L1, I have tried that too and it doesn't work. Also, I am experiencing the same problem on 2 different controllers and the L2 works fine in other games, so its not a controller issue.
#5 Posted: 14:39:33 16/02/2015
The only thing I can suggest now is to contact activision directly (that's if they new save file method doesn't work).
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:42:26 16/02/2015 by TTD
#6 Posted: 14:56:38 16/02/2015 | Topic Creator
OK thanks. I tried using a new Save Game slot and nothing changed. The one thing I forgot to mention is after I trap a villain, a screen comes up that says, "A toy on the Traptanium portal has a problem." and a big exclamation symbol (!) is shown. I guess I will have to contact Activision, like you suggested.
#7 Posted: 15:03:59 16/02/2015
Quote: karnog
OK thanks. I tried using a new Save Game slot and nothing changed. The one thing I forgot to mention is after I trap a villain, a screen comes up that says, "A toy on the Traptanium portal has a problem." and a big exclamation symbol (!) is shown. I guess I will have to contact Activision, like you suggested.

It could be the trap then. However, if you have tried multiple traps you have probably got a faulty portal. Activision normally send out free replacements or you may be able to swap it at the store where you bought it from.
#8 Posted: 15:54:44 16/02/2015 | Topic Creator
OK that makes sense, I will call Activision when they open and (to find out all my options) call the store to see if they will swap it out. Thanks!
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me