Page 1 of 1
DM help. [CLOSED]
Tango Gold Sparx Gems: 2076
#1 Posted: 16:49:52 28/11/2008 | Topic Creator
I'm stuck.

Whes his weak spot? where is al the black armor? when is the best time to do a fury?
Zerodius Yellow Sparx Gems: 1194
#2 Posted: 17:43:30 28/11/2008
For 1: Malefor is a big pushover despite his firepower. Namely, he's as dumb as a brick and ten generations spent rotting in the Dark Realm have struck him with such rigor mortis that he is unable to face any direction other than forward... a limitation 'lil Spyro and Cynder does not.

I don't blame you for not beating him ; if you don't know the trick, he can prove tricky. But I'm sure that after reading below, you'll probably think "why the heck didn't I think of doing that?"

For phase 1, go beserk on him. Dash to him and smack him with physical attacks non-stop. You should attack quickly enough to stun him before he can react. Once he has been stunned, collect the gems and dash away to avoid the counter-attack. Repeat until he's defeated. The only point of notice is that you should stop attacking and dash away if he start glowing purple ; attacking him in this state will damage you and it telegraph a Comet Dash attack of his own, which will most likely do heavy damage.

Note that Spyro's Comet Dash and Cynder's Scorpion Strike are their most physically damaging moves and since Malefor is easily stunned, use those moves to stop Malefor from managing to get some hits in if things somehow go wrong.

Phase 2 is even easier. You finally get some ground on which to fight so take advantage of it and land right away. Now, simply run up to him and get on his sides or behind him and then, smack him away, doing rolling dodges should he shoot homing projectiles your way. Since he'll NEVER turn around, you should be able to cream him easily.

Phase 3 is the same but he take no damage. Simply build up your Fury Meter and once it's full, activate Fury Mode and blast him with the Destruction Stream breath. He should go down in seconds.

A few reaction commands later and the lamest final boss in the LoS Spyro serie will be down for the count!

Wasn't that fun?

Now for the black armor...

I actually don't remember but if you want it for the last boss, reload and pick the stage select option rather than "Continue Story Mode". Now, go to each of the stages in order and check on the status screen to see if you have found all armor pieces on that stage.

OK, so you might already know that so it's not very helpful but well... tried to help.

Finally... best time to enter Fury Mode is when you know that you will lose a fight or if you know that facing a certain group of foes normally would eat up way too much HP/MP. Activate it when your health is halfway down ; activating it when your HP is full is a waste of time and if you activate it too late, the enemies may kill you before you can benefit from the extra firepower.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 20:48:53 28/11/2008 by Zerodius
#3 Posted: 20:24:31 28/11/2008 | Topic Creator
thanks! but what attack is scrorpin strike?
Dragonhope Gold Sparx Gems: 2992
#4 Posted: 20:45:07 28/11/2008
Cynder's secondary posion attack.
---
Gaccha! Tanoshii dyueru dattaze!
[smilie][smiliesmilie][smiliesmilie][smiliesmilie][smiliesmilie]
#5 Posted: 20:46:30 28/11/2008 | Topic Creator
oh! i luv that attack. i will beat malefor tomorrow....after my giant pile of homework....
Zerodius Yellow Sparx Gems: 1194
#6 Posted: 20:58:31 28/11/2008
Just wanted to add a few more notes...

Note that if Malefor manage to start a counter while you attack him, you can stop him by using the Comet Dash (Spyro) and Scorpion Strike (Cynder) at the right moment.

The timing is as such for the following:

Physical attacks: use your attack at the same time as Malefor strikes you so that you go through his claws as he swings. You'll take no damage while he will take lots.

Destruction Stream (same as your own): He will always begin from the right and sweep left and right with it. Time your attack in order to pass through the stream.

Homing Meteors/Electrical Orbs: That one is the only one that is actually tricky. Wait a few seconds after they've been shot and then use the Comet Dash/Scorpion Strike at the last second so that the projectiles miss you.

The timing remain the same for phase 2 and 3 except that you only need to avoid the Homing Meteor and Electrical Orbs if you go behind him. He will also use a weaker version of Spyro's Dark Hurricane fury from the end of TEN (he'll shoot one giant shockwave of dark energy in all directions as opposed to Spyro's three) which he'll use in phase 2 when he weakens and in phase 3 when your Fury Meter is almost full. He'll glow purple when he prepare to do so. Simply dash away to avoid it.

Malefor produce lots of gems every time he is stunned so so long that you don't let him smack you too much with the Homing Meteors (his most dangerous attack), you shouldn't have any problems putting him back into the Dark Realm, permanently this time.
Miles Tails Gold Sparx Gems: 2059
#7 Posted: 19:52:16 29/11/2008
Malefor was not lame!! Its hard to hit things 4 times smaller than you that dodge like heck!smilie (Spyro is still better no matter what though...)
---
We are all chosen for greatness.....but, not all of us accept this greatness....
Pokemon Black and White...is comming....
#8 Posted: 20:21:35 29/11/2008 | Topic Creator
malefor is four time smaller than you?

O.o
#9 Posted: 20:22:16 29/11/2008
Yea!! smilie
---
We are all chosen for greatness.....but, not all of us accept this greatness....
Wolfie1 Blue Sparx Gems: 748
#10 Posted: 20:57:23 29/11/2008
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111 he is like 4X bigger than you but i guess that was a joke love jokes!!
---
Matter of opinion!
Wolf mania!!!!!!!!!!
#11 Posted: 21:00:19 29/11/2008
Quote: Miles Tails
Yea!! smilie

Woops!! I meant 4x larger than you!!smilie
---
Firestar Yellow Sparx Gems: 1897
#12 Posted: 21:31:10 29/11/2008
he is! in some pictures, spyro and cynder look like ants compared to him smilie (okay not literally like ants)
Sieryu Red Sparx Gems: 26
#13 Posted: 11:35:51 30/11/2008
Cheap trick for phase 1: Use spyro, lightning secondary attack and stand beside malefor and zap him

Phase 2: Physical attack behind/beside him will do
Or if you have the black armor for both cynder and spyro, use fury breath and blast away

Phase 3: Dragon fury and continue blasting.

Tadaaaaa Thats how you beat malefor in 5 minutes flat
#14 Posted: 12:58:07 30/11/2008 | Topic Creator
thank you!

i defeated malefor! whoo!
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me