Page 1 of 1
Nitro Head Rush
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#1 Posted: 16:49:44 15/02/2015 | Topic Creator
So, today is supposedly the release of her in Targets and I've gone to two today and there's nothing! No link to order online. Anyone else getting the same? I guess I'll have to do without her b/c I refuse to hunt more than I did today ever again for any toy. Did they have her online this week and I missed it?
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:23:46 15/02/2015 by GhostRoaster
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#2 Posted: 17:29:50 15/02/2015
Haven't seen her online. Got a late start this morning - the first Target I went to (~2 hours after open) apparently only got 4 in (in spite of what the online tracker said) and had already sold out. Rushed across town and found a bajillion of her on the pegs. Very uneven shipping there.
SkyScratch Blue Sparx Gems: 550
#3 Posted: 18:41:06 15/02/2015
I found her earlier, there were about 15 at the target I went to
melvimbe Yellow Sparx Gems: 1327
#4 Posted: 18:59:32 15/02/2015
I had the same experience as GR. Very disappointing. First off, disappointed that the variant isn't released at the same time as the regular figure. Went to Target this morning, saw nothing on the shelves. Asked the electronics rep about and he seemed to have a clue, disinterested. Checked the back. Nothing. Told me it wasn't available on line either.

Went to TRU for the legendary bushwhack. Nothing on the shelves. Had my 8 year old daughter ask the rep if they had any in back (a learning experience for her), and she was told they only had what was on the shelves. I ask the rep myself. She went and checked and came back with the the figure. Way to go TRU.

Went to a 2nd Target, nothing on the shelves, didn't bother to ask if they had any in the back.

For a 4 year franchise, the management of stock has been rather disappointing overall. I understand the need to keep stock relatively low, and have some things hard to find, but they have taken it too far. If you keep up with the release dates and show up early in the morning, you shouldn't have issues with stock. So far this time around, I had trouble getting the dark starter pack (ended up getting the 360 version, and regular xbone version so that we were covered). Have yet to see a kaos trap, but thankfully got the dark edition. Was lucky to get the L/D packs, but had to send my mother out to get it since it was limited and released at a horrible time. Now this crap. I expected Walmart to be horrible at release figures because that's just who they are. The other stores and activision itself, not so much.
SkylanderPrime Yellow Sparx Gems: 1843
#5 Posted: 19:26:41 15/02/2015
I think the problem with stock is because of the port strike/shutdown on the west coast. I went into TRU this morning and I was told by the manager that almost all of their trucks have been cancelled for the next 2 weeks. She said this is because of the port strike and that the warehouse doesn't have any more stock to ship out to the stores. I this is the same reason we are seeing very little wave 3 stock. I have seen very little to none of wave 3 at TRU since right before Christmas when wave 3 was released. She said a lot of retailers are running out of stock.
---
I'm Kind of a Big Deal!!!! Scotchy Scotch Scotch is my favorite flavor!
GamerDrone Emerald Sparx Gems: 3287
#6 Posted: 19:29:23 15/02/2015
For me, TRU and Target had to get the figures from the back. No issues buying them, but would have been nice if they were on the shelf.
#7 Posted: 20:18:39 15/02/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: SkylanderPrime
I think the problem with stock is because of the port strike/shutdown on the west coast. I went into TRU this morning and I was told by the manager that almost all of their trucks have been cancelled for the next 2 weeks. She said this is because of the port strike and that the warehouse doesn't have any more stock to ship out to the stores. I this is the same reason we are seeing very little wave 3 stock. I have seen very little to none of wave 3 at TRU since right before Christmas when wave 3 was released. She said a lot of retailers are running out of stock.

The first Target did indicate that the trucks were canceled, so this makes sense. The other one was just plain clueless. I talked to TRU about light and dark, and it DOES SEEM that they supposedly just decided to make a limited number of these...WHY? They want to anger and frustrate people on purpose and force them to pay double retail to get it on eBay? This go round seems almost as bad as Giants.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 20:22:45 15/02/2015 by GhostRoaster
pezskylander Gold Sparx Gems: 2496
#8 Posted: 21:46:54 15/02/2015
My Toys R Us had tons of them out. They are usually good about putting out stuff the morning it comes out. If not, they always go look for me. Target never has them out, but as long as I tell them it is something in the flyer, they will go look. If it is not in the flyer, they are not as inclined to go search for me.
tedatac1 Red Sparx Gems: 82
#9 Posted: 22:30:44 15/02/2015
My Target didn't have any out, but had an unopened box in the back which they brought out! Grabbed 3 - one for me, one for my sisters 2 boys, and one for my brothers son!
Toys R Us - one of the local stores had none out, the other had tons of them out. Was able to get one for me and one for my nephew (brothers son)!
Insane01 Gold Sparx Gems: 2038
#10 Posted: 02:01:00 16/02/2015
Got my NHR today. Didn't have any on the pegs, but gave an employee the DCPI number, 207-00-3012, and he got me one from the back.
For the Legendary Bushwhack, I just asked a TRU employee for one & got it.
---
" Am I the mad one or are you?"
then, again, "we're all mad here
"
#11 Posted: 02:18:45 16/02/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: pezskylander
My Toys R Us had tons of them out. They are usually good about putting out stuff the morning it comes out. If not, they always go look for me. Target never has them out, but as long as I tell them it is something in the flyer, they will go look. If it is not in the flyer, they are not as inclined to go search for me.

Nitro is a Target Exclusive.
---
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3872
#12 Posted: 03:19:45 16/02/2015
Quote: GhostRoaster

Weird,people are saying that its in Toys R Us and the nitro variants are target exclusive.
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
mastermc54 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3448
#13 Posted: 09:45:56 16/02/2015
Quote: skylandersspyro
Quote: GhostRoaster

Weird,people are saying that its in Toys R Us and the nitro variants are target exclusive.

People are probably getting confused with Legendary Bushwack...this is what happens when store exclusives are released at the same time. I doubt TRU is selling items with a Target exclusive logo and vice versa.
#14 Posted: 12:51:14 16/02/2015
Well, I did bring Leg Bushwhack into the mix, so may be getting confused. Some may be speaking in general terms.

I get the whole port issue and I'm sure that's causing some problems. I'm in Houston where there's also a port, but I suppose they don't want to use Houston, coming from China and all. If only Skylanders were made in South America.
AzureStarline Emerald Sparx Gems: 3539
#15 Posted: 14:40:33 16/02/2015
My wife called the two Targets near us. One said they didn't have any, but the other said they did. I drove to pick it up. None were on the pegs - they were keeping them in the back for some reason. The guy knew exactly what I was asking for as soon as I asked and immediately went in the back and brought me out one.
---
Favorites: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#16 Posted: 14:48:31 16/02/2015
Driving home form the trip I was taking, I went to a Plamdale Target, and they had tons of them. They couldn't even fit them all onto the shelves!
---
Dead
ViDeOmAnCiNi Platinum Sparx Gems: 7062
#17 Posted: 18:07:54 16/02/2015
Quote: GamerDrone
For me, TRU and Target had to get the figures from the back. No issues buying them, but would have been nice if they were on the shelf.

Same for me. Neither store had the new figures out on pegs yet. I had to ask for them and they brought out the unopened boxes and handed me one. Weird.

-vm
---
♫ "Many dreams come true and some have silver linings, I live for my dream and a pocketful of gold" ♫

FiUSAwS:G! http://bit.ly/R3L1lb
#18 Posted: 18:10:13 16/02/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: mega spyro
Driving home form the trip I was taking, I went to a Plamdale Target, and they had tons of them. They couldn't even fit them all onto the shelves!

Tons of them huh?...but in my area (Charlotte isn't exactly a rinky dink location...no NYC for sure but still) none at all or in a few locations they got 4. Go figure.
---
#19 Posted: 11:23:04 17/02/2015
I tried a 3rd Target yesterday and nothing. The employees looked on her handheld, told me it wasn't available on their site online and that I should try gamestop.

I'm going to wait a few days and then decide whether I'm going to try Target again.
Street50 Gold Sparx Gems: 2060
#20 Posted: 03:09:41 18/02/2015
was able to order my Nitro Head Rush on Target.com just now, so anyone interested it's on their website right now.
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3872
#21 Posted: 16:52:58 18/02/2015
Quote: melvimbe
I tried a 3rd Target yesterday and nothing. The employees looked on her handheld, told me it wasn't available on their site online and that I should try gamestop.

I'm going to wait a few days and then decide whether I'm going to try Target again.

Wow,I hate clueless employees.The nitro series is Target Exclusive
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
#22 Posted: 22:18:16 18/02/2015
My Nitro Head Rush just shipped from target so I'll just wait for her.
Friendzie Blue Sparx Gems: 611
#23 Posted: 00:38:39 19/02/2015
My Target has tons of them, but I just can't get myself to buy another Head Rush. She's one of my least favorite Trap Masters, and her alternate path isn't that interesting.
#24 Posted: 00:55:49 19/02/2015
Yea, saw that they were available online and that they had stock at my nearest store. Went over there and sure enough, they had quite a few.
D77 Green Sparx Gems: 146
#25 Posted: 22:29:17 20/02/2015
I ordered one online since we couldn't get to a Target with all the snow. I posted about this in another thread over in the Toys & Merch section (//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=112703), but I wanted to give a heads up here as well. The figure we got wasn't assembled correctly and the paint wasn't 100% either. Ordering online is a shot in the dark on quality since you can't inspect first, but if you can order her you'll at least have the figure without wasted time hunting (ours arrived in 2 days in case anyone is curious).
#26 Posted: 17:44:23 24/02/2015
finally just got my Nitro Head Rush and yeah I think she looks better then her original colors. I still think Gearshift should have gotten a Nitro version or a Legendary version over Jawbreaker (not hating on him) or Krypt King (one of my favorites) as I think either look would have fit her much better.
I was sorta disappointed that she didn't have full black hair but it sometimes shows black hair and sometimes it shows dark brown, if you go to her stats screen it looks clearly black.
I don't like the racing checkers stuff on the nitro figures but overall I think she looks better like this.
Ilistar Green Sparx Gems: 157
#27 Posted: 18:27:41 24/02/2015
Here in Montreal, Canada; where there are numerous Targets, Walmarts, ToysRUs and EB Games, I found Nitro Head Rush @ Walmart AND ToysRUs. EB Games had new skylanders EXCEPT Nitro Head Rush and Target's shelves were still relatively sparse.

Sorry haters; Target (in Canada at least) no longer has exclusivitiy on Nitro's.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me