Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
feminism [CLOSED]
zer0dch Ripto Gems: 1916
#1 Posted: 09:52:05 15/02/2015 | Topic Creator
no stop please
whirlwind fan Platinum Sparx Gems: 5756
#2 Posted: 10:35:42 15/02/2015
this is going to be derailed
ReshiramForever Platinum Sparx Gems: 5151
#3 Posted: 11:16:03 15/02/2015
theres a difference between feminism and (most of) tumblr
---
self professed austGAYlian
Samius Hunter Gems: 9262
#4 Posted: 13:54:25 15/02/2015
I'm completely fine with social equality, and I applaud the efforts of those brave feminists who work hard and risk their health and longevity to fight for women's rights in those parts of the world where women truly are being mistreated.

However, that is a far cry from the delusional points of view we mostly see in the medias of the western parts of the world these days. It's unfortunate, but I'm convinced that logical thinking will be the death of all nonsensical ideas in the end.
Carmelita Fox Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12223
#5 Posted: 14:57:38 15/02/2015
nice b8 m8
Big Green Platinum Sparx Gems: 6345
#6 Posted: 15:39:26 15/02/2015
[User Posted Image]
-----
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6100
#7 Posted: 18:15:07 15/02/2015
I fully support the original concept of feminism being for equality among all genders. However, it has turned into something horrible that I honestly have grown to hate most people who follow it. Most feminists these days don't push for equality but rather seem to stand for "Men are scum, women are superior, world better ****ing recognize." These followers are just a bunch of annoying *****es.

Had the unfortunate pleasure of dealing with one once on another site when the topic came up saying Feminism would be able to abolish gender-specific terms such as "he" or "she" from the English language. Naturally, I tried to go against that with some modern feminist calling me idiotic scum or something like that. I simply replied saying fine, if she preferred I could just call everyone an "it" but had an idea of how that would go. Got her to shut up after that.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7577
#8 Posted: 18:23:39 15/02/2015
The concept of Feminism is fine..

..But when it comes to girls being told that all cis-gender white men should die? Or by saying that men can't be raped, because they enjoy it, even if they didn't? That's going way to far.

Honestly, they should either take their feminism and shove it, or move down east to people who really need it.

Just saying.
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
Mrmorrises Platinum Sparx Gems: 7027
#9 Posted: 18:46:31 15/02/2015
Most of the feminists these days are complete ****ing idiots.
spyro and sonic Diamond Sparx Gems: 8325
#10 Posted: 18:53:51 15/02/2015
Quote: Mrmorrises

I agree.
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7577
#11 Posted: 18:54:10 15/02/2015

*coughbriannawucough*
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#12 Posted: 19:17:59 15/02/2015
Many people would sooner call the tumblr people that brand themselves as feminists "extremists" or "misandrists" (I just use the blanket SJW term honestly) than feminists. There are rational modern feminists out there. It's unfortunate though that the radical ones are given a megaphone.

That said I prefer that we all just be egalitarians so it's clear that we want equality for all.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 19:20:56 15/02/2015 by CAV
pankakesparx456 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7795
#13 Posted: 19:21:10 15/02/2015
the concept of feminism is just fine, and i support it. the problem is that we have so many men who have it wrapped in their heads that feminism is anti-men, and a lot of women today who claim to be feminist ARE anti-men. We need more feminists like Emma Watson, not more like Anita Sarkeesian.

Quote: ReshiramForever

words to live by
---
Cool cool.
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#14 Posted: 19:46:18 15/02/2015
In this topic, men discuss feminism.
#15 Posted: 19:52:23 15/02/2015
Quote: UncleBob

Are you suggesting that men should not?
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#16 Posted: 19:53:21 15/02/2015

racist
Eruptor100 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1446
#17 Posted: 19:58:28 15/02/2015
I don't like abusing people and I don't wish to join those who do.

Quote this if you agree.
---
Stick em up!
Credit to big green
#18 Posted: 20:01:54 15/02/2015
Well, "Feminism" is a good idea and all, and I completely agree with it.~

Though like everyone says, now, "Feminism" is just an excuse for some ****ing stupid thing for some one to do,
Everyone promoting it are idiots, and I have yet to see some one in modern day that actually is promoting feminism for what it should be, for equality for everyone~
#19 Posted: 20:02:33 15/02/2015
Quote: Samius

Are you suggesting that men should not?

Not at all.

But men should understand that they cannot easily understand the struggles of a woman.
IsisStormDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 7127
#20 Posted: 20:03:26 15/02/2015
Quote: pankakesparx456
the concept of feminism is just fine, and i support it. the problem is that we have so many men who have it wrapped in their heads that feminism is anti-men, and a lot of women today who claim to be feminist ARE anti-men. We need more feminists like Emma Watson, not more like Anita Sarkeesian.

Quote: ReshiramForever

words to live by

- - -
#21 Posted: 20:11:04 15/02/2015
Not at all.

But men should understand that they cannot easily understand the struggles of a woman.

Maybe so. Still, everyone in this topic seem to be in an agreement; both male and female.
Mesuxelf Ripto Gems: 3666
#22 Posted: 21:00:56 15/02/2015
Quote: Sesshomaru75
I support actual feminism, as I believe everyone should be equal. (this also includes people of different races, sexualities, religions/beliefs, etc)

However, I do not support these people going around claiming do be "feminist", yet constantly degrading men and acting as if women are superior and all men should "die".

Those people are not feminist, they are nothing but Misandries who give actual feminism a bad name.

Exactly. Extremist feminists. Just like muslims, a group takes something too far, and sets a bad stereotype for the rest of the group.
#23 Posted: 21:02:13 15/02/2015
Quote: Mesuxelf
I support actual feminism, as I believe everyone should be equal. (this also includes people of different races, sexualities, religions/beliefs, etc)

However, I do not support these people going around claiming do be "feminist", yet constantly degrading men and acting as if women are superior and all men should "die".

Those people are not feminist, they are nothing but Misandries who give actual feminism a bad name.

Exactly. Extremist feminists. Just like muslims, a group takes something too far, and sets a bad stereotype for the rest of the group.

This.
#24 Posted: 21:06:06 15/02/2015
Not at all.

Maybe so. Still, everyone in this topic seem to be in an agreement; both male and female.

Sure. But no one has really said much of substance. It breaks down to "There are good feminists and bad feminists. I don't like the bad ones."

That's not very profound.

"There are good _____ and bad _____. I don't like the bad ones."
Wreckingball13 Gold Sparx Gems: 2583
#25 Posted: 21:11:36 15/02/2015
As many of you guys do, i support feminism. The one thing stopping it is that a majority of people think that all feminist are like "Men suck, women are better" etc. It's a real shame too. They do deserve equal rights.
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8190
#26 Posted: 21:35:44 15/02/2015

However, I do not support these people going around claiming to be "feminist", yet constantly degrading men and acting as if women are superior and all men should "die".

Those people are not feminist, they are nothing but Misandries who give actual feminist a bad name.

Thank you.
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
Rand O M Gold Sparx Gems: 2223
#27 Posted: 21:38:43 15/02/2015
Quote: Trix Master 100

However, I do not support these people going around claiming to be "feminist", yet constantly degrading men and acting as if women are superior and all men should "die".

Those people are not feminist, they are nothing but Misandries who give actual feminist a bad name.

Thank you.

- -- - -- - --
#28 Posted: 21:52:55 15/02/2015
Sure. But no one has really said much of substance. It breaks down to "There are good feminists and bad feminists. I don't like the bad ones."

So you don't feel that the users here (the male users in specific) have enough insight on the matter to add anything worthwhile to the discussion?

Sadly, that is the case. We rarely have any serious debates here. People often like to share their opinions on various subjects but there's not much going on beside that.

You could always add your thoughts, however.
Mesuxelf Ripto Gems: 3666
#29 Posted: 21:56:37 15/02/2015

So you don't feel that the users here (the male users in specific) have enough insight on the matter to add anything worthwhile to the discussion?

Sadly, that is the case. We rarely have any serious debates here. People often like to share their opinions on various subjects but there's not much going on beside that.

As much as I like serious debates, this is stuff and nonsense.
Rand O M Gold Sparx Gems: 2223
#30 Posted: 22:00:59 15/02/2015

That doesn't mean serious things cannot happen here.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:01:29 15/02/2015 by Rand O M
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#31 Posted: 22:01:05 15/02/2015
S&N has had serious debates in the past and is capable of having them again. It's just that many of them either get derailed or have people practically begging for it not to be one.

Not to mention in many cases, the majority of users are in agreement on the issue at hand either way, with the handful of people disagreeing being outnumbered and often talked over.

I'd like to see debates happen again. Mrmorrises in particular has been a great person to debate with in the past.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:02:19 15/02/2015 by CAV
#32 Posted: 22:01:08 15/02/2015

Yes, but that doesn't mean that conversations here couldn't be taken seriously.

I would much rather see topics like these in Idle Chatter, but that place is just barren. The topics there get closed before they reach the second page.
valskeletor Yellow Sparx Gems: 1155
#33 Posted: 00:22:39 16/02/2015
i think at the moment it's mass produced and ineffective for anything more than a prideful circle-jerk to make women feel more "in control" as opposed to trying to achieve actual equality, such as fixing the wage gap and potentially harmful stereotypes.

how many times in history must it happen for people to finally get the message: you're not going to achieve equality for a represented minority by starting a full out war with what you consider to be your oppressor.

marriage equality isnt being achieved because government leaders were replaced with gay government leaders, it's being achieved through showing the government leaders are being convinced (or coerced by voters) that it's the best thing to do. similar logic can be applied to practically every struggle social group struggle in history.

and that's without me even starting on how males have disadvantages of their own that need to be focused on as well
---
tubular
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#34 Posted: 00:27:16 16/02/2015

THIS

I support equal rights to both man and woman, since I hate degrading towards both genders (I also support woman being equal to men, but this is no longer an issue so I don't bother). so I would say that I'm a feminist. However going so far as to downright be a man hater is not a feminist at all.
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3872
#35 Posted: 00:30:39 16/02/2015
Quote: spyro and sonic

I agree.

like yeah you want men and women equal i can agree with that but there acting like......
All men are ****ing ***verts!women are gods
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:32:09 16/02/2015 by skylandersspyro
#36 Posted: 00:47:12 16/02/2015
Can someone link me to an example of a "feminist" who is A.) Actually taken seriously by any significant amount of people and B.) have said something close to "all men should die"?
Iceclaw Hunter Gems: 10069
#37 Posted: 00:54:26 16/02/2015
Can someone link me to an example of a "feminist" who is A.) Actually taken seriously by any significant amount of people and B.) have said something close to "all men should die"?

I'm assuming you don't have a tumblr account
---
Twinkies and 2hus
#38 Posted: 01:13:24 16/02/2015
I do not, but random person on tumbler isn't someone I feel is taken seriously by any significant amount of people. Feel free to provide an actual example though.
#39 Posted: 04:32:06 16/02/2015
Quote: whirlwind fan
this is going to be derailed

weeeeeelp.
#40 Posted: 04:40:08 16/02/2015
I do not, but random person on tumbler isn't someone I feel is taken seriously by any significant amount of people. Feel free to provide an actual example though.

I don't have screenshots with me at the moment but I can tell you that it's more of a "all men are the devil" than a "all men deserve to die"
It's mostly just making fun of males, talking trash about males, and being incredibly immature about it (e.g. "why would anyone like boys when girls exist").
Given that most of these users are within the ages of 13 - 16 it's not very surprising.
---
Twinkies and 2hus
#41 Posted: 05:09:39 16/02/2015
A.) That's not feminism, that's man bashing.
B.) I don't think there are many 13-16 year olds that are really taken all that seriously.
#42 Posted: 06:16:02 16/02/2015
A.) That's not feminism, that's man bashing.
B.) I don't think there are many 13-16 year olds that are really taken all that seriously.

It's far from actual feminism but they all believe it's feminism and send hate messages to anyone that thinks otherwise.
No, they're only taken seriously amongst themselves. Anyone that doesn't take them seriously is labeled as misogynist. It's hilarious really.
---
Twinkies and 2hus
#43 Posted: 06:34:38 16/02/2015
Westboro Baptist Church members stand out holding signs that say "God Hates ***s" believing themselves to be Christians.

By even giving these people (WBC or the "feminists") any amount of attention, you're not only strengthening their cause, but you're also wasting your own time because they really don't care what you think about them.

Instead of spending energy hating on ignorant people who are too stupid to change, why not focus your energy on what good you can do?
#44 Posted: 06:41:15 16/02/2015
Quote: TheJMAN184
I'm amazed that this topic has not derailed yet.

It will
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me