Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > Excellent advice for the new mods.
Page 1 of 1
Excellent advice for the new mods. [CLOSED]
Mrmorrises Platinum Sparx Gems: 7027
#1 Posted: 18:25:55 13/02/2015 | Topic Creator
Don't send mixed messages and/or contradict yourself like the mod who spoke both of these quotes did.

"Don't treat me any different just because I'm a mod."

"Also, real smooth blocking a mod. Way to be mature."

Credit to UncleBob for finding these.
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#2 Posted: 18:57:53 13/02/2015
Excellent advice for the new mods, be actually good.
Mrmorrises Platinum Sparx Gems: 7027
#3 Posted: 19:04:07 13/02/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: ZapNorris
Excellent advice for the new mods, be actually good.

Well yes, but that's a bit too generic.
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8190
#4 Posted: 19:23:23 13/02/2015
TBH if I am being just a normal person and talking about things like video games and such, I would like to be treated as a normal user.

But being a Hunter I am now a normal person that can help with forum issues.

So basically treat me like an advisor or mod when looking for help or wanting to discuss something about a thread and what happens in it.

If that is okay.
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
azz01 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#5 Posted: 20:24:45 13/02/2015
That is fine Trix.I will treat you like I do every other user(That I like)and if I am to receive punishment from thee I shall accept it most passively.(I rhymed a bit)
---
Call me the penguin man for that is who I am. Also stan LOOΠΔ!
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#6 Posted: 20:34:42 13/02/2015
To paraphrase: "We're all in this together. That's the secret."
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#7 Posted: 20:47:26 13/02/2015
I think it's worth noting that the context is a little different here. The mod in question asked that they aren't treated differently than a user because in the end they are still a user and don't want special treatment or some sort of kissing up. I don't think anyone would like it if someone was kissing ass to them because they're a mod, especially if the end goal is "can u make me a hunter?".

However, the context of the second quote is different. In this case a user had more than one issue with that mod. But rather than talk to them in private and settle it, they blocked them and would complain publicly. This blocking also meant that the mod in question couldn't simply message them in private about anything that went wrong.

The context is less about thinking they're immune to blocks because they're a mod and more that if you have an issue with a mod you should try and deal with it in private, which isn't possible if they're blocked.

Now before that other user speaks up, I do have a slight idea of the going ons there. I'm not sure what I can say other than that I'll do what I can to keep things fair and orderly.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:50:39 13/02/2015 by CAV
Samius Hunter Gems: 9262
#8 Posted: 20:47:59 13/02/2015
Well, here's the deal.

If anyone ever gets cross with me (so far I don't think anyone has had a reason to) for reasons which are entirely personal, then my Hunter status has got nothing to do with it.
I can take whatever aversion someone on darkSpyro might hold against me without lashing out immaturely and using my mod powers to harass them. You can count on that.

On the other hand, if someone breaks rules on S&N in any situation, it is my duty to enforce those rules whatever this user's opinion of me may be. That is not a personal issue whether someone takes it personally or not.
#9 Posted: 21:11:34 13/02/2015
Quote: CAV
However, the context of the second quote is different. In this case a user had more than one issue with that mod. But rather than talk to them in private and settle it, they blocked them and would complain publicly. This blocking also meant that the mod in question couldn't simply message them in private about anything that went wrong.

I'd be willing to bet - the thing is, I don't think the official mod actions that the mod in question took lead to the user in question blocking the mod in question. I'd guess it was more to do with the insulting and rude PMs that the mod in question sent to the user in question when said user tried to discuss the uneven and biased actions of said mod.

But then, I apparently have a different idea of what is an insult than some folks. Like, calling someone an idiot isn't an insult. Unless I post it. Then it's an insult.

But that's another song...
#10 Posted: 21:34:57 13/02/2015
Again, I have an idea/know about the PMs and what were said in them. Do I agree with the attitude taken? No I don't. And I would wish that the two parties could speak again privately and maybe address these issues and reach a civil conclusion. I'm just pointing out that the context of the second quote doesn't match up with the context of the first, and therefore doesn't really contradict much.

Side note: If you have an issue or concern about moderating (mostly mine), feel free to send me a PM and we can discuss it.
#11 Posted: 22:01:26 13/02/2015
But it does match up in context.

If any other user here were to send me multiple insulting PMs, they'd likely find themselves blocked.

His mod status and actions does not play into the decision. Trying to frame it as such is simply disingenuous to the discussion at hand.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:10:43 13/02/2015 by UncleBob
#12 Posted: 23:43:00 13/02/2015
Yeah the insulting PMs were overboard. I agree. But the first quote isn't about any blockings or dealing with issues. It's about general way of behaving towards them. And the reason the block was an issue with them is because there was a problem and one didn't want to deal with it, instead opting to go on the forum.

Did you at least try PMing Dark or another mod about it?
#13 Posted: 00:52:48 14/02/2015
Yeah the insulting PMs were overboard. I agree. But the first quote isn't about any blockings or dealing with issues. It's about general way of behaving towards them.

Again, though, if *ANYBODY* was to behave towards me like that, I'd block 'em. Why wouldn't I?

Quote:
And the reason the block was an issue with them is because there was a problem and one didn't want to deal with it, instead opting to go on the forum.

By "one didn't want to deal with it", I presume you mean the one who said "Honestly, I'm done."?

Quote:
Did you at least try PMing Dark or another mod about it?

I have sent dark a few messages regarding the situation, yes.
#14 Posted: 00:59:38 14/02/2015
I'm not disagreeing with you blocking them for sending insults your way. You have every right for that. The problem is when you then take their response to that (not the best response but I digress) and frame it as a way to suggest the mod is contradictory or bad.

By one I meant you.

And if you send Dark PMs about it and attempted to talk to the mod before then I'm not quite sure what can be done other than trying to talk to them again and seeing if things go differently now. I'm sure if everything remains civil we could reach a conclusion.
#15 Posted: 05:41:24 14/02/2015
I'm not disagreeing with you blocking them for sending insults your way. You have every right for that.

Glad we can agree. :D

Quote:
The problem is when you then take their response to that (not the best response but I digress) and frame it as a way to suggest the mod is contradictory or bad.

I merely took two quotes and put them side-by-side. How any other individual interprets them is wholly up to that individual. If you think the words of that mod make that mod look bad, it seems the fault lies not with the messenger.

Quote:
And if you send Dark PMs about it and attempted to talk to the mod before then I'm not quite sure what can be done other than trying to talk to them again and seeing if things go differently now. I'm sure if everything remains civil we could reach a conclusion.

I think the most recent events where said mod edited my post for saying something that he then defended someone else for posting pretty much shows that there's no use in trying to reason with them.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me