darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Trap Team > PROOF that Kaos was the Magic Doom Raider
Page 1 of 1
PROOF that Kaos was the Magic Doom Raider
Buuzer Hunter Gems: 6546
#1 Posted: 17:40:44 13/02/2015 | Topic Creator
This is a photo that I took at my market (Italy):
[User Posted Image]
---
smilie smilie smilie youtube.com/user/GOWBuuzer smilie smilie smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:53:09 13/02/2015 by Buuzer
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#2 Posted: 17:44:02 13/02/2015
It doesn't work, for some reason...
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
#3 Posted: 17:53:18 13/02/2015 | Topic Creator
Fixed.
---
TTD Hunter Gems: 6201
#4 Posted: 17:55:03 13/02/2015
That would make sense, if you go near one of the element dice in the skylander academy and just off of the island, it spins to the magic element.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 17:56:04 13/02/2015 by TTD
#5 Posted: 18:08:25 13/02/2015
Yes, they definitely created the Kaos Element only to sell a rare trap.

No other reason.
Oh, well, it isn't purple, I guess... smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#6 Posted: 18:10:59 13/02/2015
Proof that someone can modify pictures maybe....where was this pic taken?
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
#7 Posted: 18:30:16 13/02/2015 | Topic Creator
This image is from a italian supermarket. I personally take the photo.
---
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#8 Posted: 18:45:31 13/02/2015
Quote: Drek95

No other reason.

Other than he's KAOS, of course!
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
#9 Posted: 19:05:52 13/02/2015
Quote: AdamGregory03
Quote: Drek95

No other reason.

Other than he's KAOS, of course!

Sure, and he really is a STRONG villain...
But, come on, he would have been perfect as the Magic Doom Raider.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Nroc-Nuika Platinum Sparx Gems: 5336
#10 Posted: 20:20:16 13/02/2015
I get the feeling that a lot of what we see in the final game were very last minute decisions, probably initiated by the like of Activision rather than TFB in order to hit a quota or something. This includes Kaos as his own element and no Magic DR, and the Traptainum gates.

I say they're last minute because they're poorly covered up, such as how Kaos reads as magic sometimes and that every npc that mentions it (except for Buzz and Eon) say nothing about requiring a Trap Master to open a gate, but just the appropriate element.

Kind of sad really.
---
I always forget to check my guestbook
#11 Posted: 21:09:27 13/02/2015
Quote: Buuzer

OK...thanks for verifying. So,was this in the kiosk that demos the game?I ask because I think they've embedded a life/water trap in the demo machines in the US.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
#12 Posted: 21:15:32 13/02/2015
Quote: GhostRoaster
Quote: Buuzer

OK...thanks for verifying. So,was this in the kiosk that demos the game?I ask because I think they've embedded a life/water trap in the demo machines in the US.

I think that's just a pic printed on the stand.

We have a Life/Water trap in the demo Portal too, in Italy. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
StormDragon21 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5550
#13 Posted: 00:37:09 14/02/2015
That's weird... The Ultimate Kaos Trap has an unique symbol like the one on Kaos's head.
---
"sTORM, my parents just told me something that RUINED MY LIFE. DID YOU KNOW that Smarties have different flavors?!" ~ShadowMewX
#14 Posted: 06:48:39 14/02/2015
Quote: StormDragon21
That's weird... The Ultimate Kaos Trap has an unique symbol like the one on Kaos's head.

And so has the regular one.

That is just a mistake, but probably not a random one.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3860
#15 Posted: 19:58:25 14/02/2015
wow.thanks a lot acivision. i still cant find the kaos trap but i have a magic trap.
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#16 Posted: 00:04:17 15/02/2015
Not to mention, the Magic element literally recharges Kaos' villain timer.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Insane01 Gold Sparx Gems: 2038
#17 Posted: 01:21:49 15/02/2015
I still can't see Kaos as the possible Doom Raider of Magic. Just because Magic recharges his timer, he has access to the common elements. Light & Dark existed way, way before even Skylands came into being let alone Kaos having access to them.
Maybe there was a Magic Doom Raider planned, besides Kaos, but that would have made it 11 Doom Raiders (8 common elements + 2 for light/dark + Kaos) so who really knows.
---
" Am I the mad one or are you?"
then, again, "we're all mad here
"
Friendzie Blue Sparx Gems: 611
#18 Posted: 05:06:13 15/02/2015
As far as a money-making scheme goes, the Kaos trap was mishandled badly. They could have sold tons more if they'd shipped enough to meet the demand. Literally three times as many Kaos traps could have been sold at retail. Instead, it's just scalpers selling them for $50 on eBay. And no, I don't believe Activision is the one who is selling them that high on eBay. There are agreements among the supplier and retailer about how these things should be priced. There would probably be massive lawsuits filed against Activision by all the major retailers if it were found that Activision had been purposely withholding stock to inflate prices for the secondhand market. I truly believe that the whole thing was just flat-out botched.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 05:08:33 15/02/2015 by Friendzie
melvimbe Yellow Sparx Gems: 1327
#19 Posted: 13:34:34 15/02/2015
I'm not 100% convinced that Activision doesn't see a secondary market as a plus in some way. No, they aren't making money off of it, but it does build up hype. It's entirely possible that they misread the demand for the Kaos trap, or had production issues. It's also possible that they wanted to boost spring sales by saving a bigger release of the kaos trap. That could theoretically get people picking up the game and playing again, and buying more figures when they were basically done before. The kaos trap, plus all the light and dark figures could almost come off like a 2nd release.

I'm not saying I think that was the plan or that they theory works. I don't have the data or the marketing expertise. I'm not just not ready to assume that everything that doesn't make sense to me on the surface is clearly a mistake, when I don't know all the details of what I'm talking about.
#20 Posted: 15:45:20 15/02/2015
Quote: melvimbe
I'm not 100% convinced that Activision doesn't see a secondary market as a plus in some way. No, they aren't making money off of it, but it does build up hype. It's entirely possible that they misread the demand for the Kaos trap, or had production issues. It's also possible that they wanted to boost spring sales by saving a bigger release of the kaos trap. That could theoretically get people picking up the game and playing again, and buying more figures when they were basically done before. The kaos trap, plus all the light and dark figures could almost come off like a 2nd release.

I'm not saying I think that was the plan or that they theory works. I don't have the data or the marketing expertise. I'm not just not ready to assume that everything that doesn't make sense to me on the surface is clearly a mistake, when I don't know all the details of what I'm talking about.

You mean like a parallel "experimental" market, where they limitately sell, and therefore build a big hype, for all these highly anticipated items, to see how it goes?

Yes, could be.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#21 Posted: 16:44:50 15/02/2015
Quote: Friendzie
As far as a money-making scheme goes, the Kaos trap was mishandled badly. They could have sold tons more if they'd shipped enough to meet the demand. Literally three times as many Kaos traps could have been sold at retail. Instead, it's just scalpers selling them for $50 on eBay. And no, I don't believe Activision is the one who is selling them that high on eBay. There are agreements among the supplier and retailer about how these things should be priced. There would probably be massive lawsuits filed against Activision by all the major retailers if it were found that Activision had been purposely withholding stock to inflate prices for the secondhand market. I truly believe that the whole thing was just flat-out botched.

So, no Targets in my area has L. Head Rush; Kaos trap was handled badly, and they only made limited quantities of light and dark expansion packs? I'm more than irritated--had not defpally helped me out and got the L/D expansions out of Europe, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have one right now.
---
Insane01 Gold Sparx Gems: 2038
#22 Posted: 02:04:49 16/02/2015
Either that, or it was a blunder on their part.
Kaos has always been a Dark Portal Master, Eon's lesser counterpart
---
" Am I the mad one or are you?"
then, again, "we're all mad here
"
ppmdoesskylands Green Sparx Gems: 258
#23 Posted: 20:39:20 28/02/2015
Quote: GhostRoaster
Quote: Friendzie

So, no Targets in my area has L. Head Rush; Kaos trap was handled badly, and they only made limited quantities of light and dark expansion packs? I'm more than irritated--had not defpally helped me out and got the L/D expansions out of Europe, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have one right now.

I completely agree...
---
No Pie, No Glory!
Read my story! The Drow Mage
anyone else think gold is stupid?
Failinhearts Gold Sparx Gems: 2376
#24 Posted: 03:18:58 09/03/2015
The only thing combatting the whole thing about Kaos' connection to Magic is that in the Doom Challenge, when you activate an "any element" tower with him, it becomes the Fire tower.
---
SSA: 37/37. SG: 61/62. SSF: 73/75 STT: 42/78
Have left this forum, who knows if I'll come back...
A believer of Jesus Christ
SirKev7 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1251
#25 Posted: 20:58:23 12/03/2015
That same error is on the sign at my store too
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#26 Posted: 13:00:53 13/03/2015
thats proof enough for me...
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me