First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
Upgrade Path Recommendations! [STICKY]
Insane01 Gold Sparx Gems: 2038
#51 Posted: 02:29:41 24/03/2015
Plus, ExcitonKnight, Geological Grandmaster is one of the few upgrades (to my knowledge) that's capable of both offensive/defensive tactics. Plus the damage's awesome, as well as works well with their Soul Gem
---
" Am I the mad one or are you?"
then, again, "we're all mad here
"
Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2672
#52 Posted: 20:54:33 24/03/2015
What's a good path for spotlight?
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
#53 Posted: 20:54:59 24/03/2015
And for Boomer
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#54 Posted: 08:02:45 25/03/2015
For Spotlight I went with The Ringer.
I felt like simply powering up her eyebeams wansn't enough to *coff* make her shine *cough*...
And the aura buff didn't interested me that much.

The path I choose to only makes the rings stronger, but they now also shoot small light rays, so they can damage enemies even if you are not shooting the eyebeam at them.
Cannot say anything about the last upgrade, as I didnt' purchased it yet, but it looks great for Arenas or KDCs. smilie

For Boomer, I'd go with the explosives path (don't remember the name).
I felt like his slam was good enough, and to be honest, so were his explosives... But this path makes them soooo much better, and it also increases the number of troll bombs you can place, which is always nice. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 08:04:51 25/03/2015 by Drek95
GhostRoaster617 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3963
#55 Posted: 08:08:51 25/03/2015
Demolition Troll is smilie's bomb path and is hands down his best path.
---
Grave Clobber is back to bury you!
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Sworn2Skylands Yellow Sparx Gems: 1353
#56 Posted: 17:44:25 03/04/2015
I guess I'll post advice on my top five to date:

#5: Series 2 Undead Defender Chop Chop: Firstly, Shield Skewer makes a huge difference in damage output! Even if Chop Chop hasn't absorbed any damage yet, his shield bash still does a huge amount of damage with Shield Skewer, yet alone if it has. Chop Chop's great as all you have to worry about are evading what attacks you can, blocking what attacks you can't and making sure your shield bashes hit once you've absorbed damage. His defensive playing style is great for difficult levels and the only kind of attacks that are problematic are the ones you have to jump over, which generally can't be blocked.

#4: Knight Light(Don't remember the path name, it's the upper one that gives him a spin attack and a teleport attack): Knight Light's upper path is great for adding versatility to his style. He gets a spin attack that you can use to hit foes on all sides if they're closing in, but where he really shines is his teleport attack; if you hold down his attack 3 button and steer the patch of light that launches enemies and then press attack 2, he will instantly teleport to the patch of light and will launch any nearby enemies. This is great for popping up behind an unsuspecting foe and smashing them with his scimitar!

#3: Tempest Dragon Whirlwind: While it wasn't as obvious of a choice in the past, Tempest Dragon really stands out now! Once you have Tempest Tantrum and Tempest Matrix, you can have Whirlwind kick up two or three storm clouds and they will have a current of electricity that appears between them that deals staggering damage in a hurry! Depending on your difficulty setting, this can deplete most all(if not all) of a non-boss enemy's health in seconds! This really helps against any enemy who needs to rest after attacking(like Slobber Traps and Shrednaughts), but even if the enemy doesn't, you can leave behind the storm clouds and still zap them while running away if you turn precisely enough.

#2: Axe Avenger Bushwhack: Generally my go-to guy against bosses, Bushwhack can inflict tremendous damage with his combos! Using Bushwhack is pretty easy under this path--- just use his acorn grenades or headbash to subdue foes while you close in and use his attack 1, attack 1, HOLD attack 2 combo---it can inflict staggering damage in seconds and near the end it will even send out acorn grenades to stun nearby foes! Just make sure you jump to interrupt the attack when Bushwhack starts sending out the acorn grenades, because if he goes for the full length of the combo, he'll get dizzy and will stop in place for a moment.

And #1*Drumroll*...
Netherwelder Cynder! Cynder is great for using her shadow dash against attacking foes and popping up behind them so she can zap them with her lightning breath, and because she detonates the ghosts on this path and can breathe lightning for a longer time, that powers up the attack even more. She's one of the most productive Skylanders around, rarely having to ever stop attacking, which is probably why I like her so much.
GadtheGreat Blue Sparx Gems: 660
#57 Posted: 09:36:44 19/04/2015
Agreed
Squid7201 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1139
#58 Posted: 15:44:35 08/05/2015
smilie Rolling Rumbler I personally go with the most unique classes, and upgrading his rocky form is awesome and incredibly unique. In terms of damage, not that good, as you can take plenty of hits while charging in.

smilie Air Ace OP. Gusto can throw his boomerang and make others, creating a huge ball of destruction around him basically.
---
"Do you see this! I'm bein repressed! The governments repressin me!"
Monty Python and The Holy Grail.
Echo2VX Gold Sparx Gems: 2918
#59 Posted: 15:32:45 18/05/2015
Good path for Echo? They both seem like they could be good but I cannot decide.
---
Together, we can stop sheep abuse!
Top 10: smilie>smilie>smilie>smilie>smilie>smilie>smilie>smilie>smilie>smilie
#60 Posted: 22:29:42 29/05/2015
What path for flip wreck?
---
zookinator Platinum Sparx Gems: 5694
#61 Posted: 12:35:43 14/06/2015
I started a challenge I had made for myself that involves me resetting all of my characters (even those with all of their heroics and quests done from Giants) and playing through the last level of the Kaos Doom Challenge with them, levelling them up in the process, and before doing so using Chomp Chest to upgrade them. I am nearly done with the challenge now, but this is for a different matter.

Involving the challenge, I would wish to reset some of my Trap Team characters, as they are not as effective as I would like. Could someone please give me some suggestions for the ideal path for the following Skylanders?

Blades (Currently on Shard Shooter)
Bushwhack (Currently on Axe Avenger)
Blastermind (Currently on Psychokinetic)
Deja Vu (Currently on Remember to Live)
Funny Bone (Currently on Tail Wagger)
Trail Blazer (Currently on Fireballer)
Knight Light (Currently on Scimitar Slicer)

The sooner the better for answers!
---
Skylanders Colosseum Clash
A Fanmade Skylanders Boardgame
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#62 Posted: 12:52:12 14/06/2015
I think it's better for a mod to merge this with Upgrade Path Recommendations,but that place has so many requests for recommendations that it's just going to make this go forgotten.

But I can help you with at least Blades. Shard Shooter doesn't work as well in Doom Challenge as it does in story,but it still has a darn good use - damage over time. Whenever you're far enough, secondary attack to shower your enemies in DOA spikes; if that isn't enough, activate the whirwind in front of them and throw in a good bunch of shards, and go back to running away. TT's unnatural enemy speed soon catches up to them, and they'll just stroll happily into the whirlwind and get themselves killed. Worked for me a lot on Arena Challenges as well, but Blades struggled a lot against the hazards there so I didn't practice for long. Probably if you change the path,though, you can still do the same strategy and it'll work fine,but you'll have to be a little slower walking so the whirlwind can actually catch an enemy.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
zookinator Platinum Sparx Gems: 5694
#63 Posted: 13:11:40 14/06/2015
Thanks, and I did make a new topic to avoidhaving this go forgotten in the path recommendations. If there was an actual list of recommended paths in the OP, that would greatly help. Alas, that hasn't happened for any Skylanders games as far as I know.

Edit: Darn, I thoug this would get merged. Ah well. Anyway, any recommendation for the characters in my post above would be greatly appreciated.
---
Skylanders Colosseum Clash
A Fanmade Skylanders Boardgame
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:09:36 14/06/2015 by zookinator
Spyro7850 Gold Sparx Gems: 2656
#64 Posted: 23:08:09 27/06/2015
Quote: zookinator
I started a challenge I had made for myself that involves me resetting all of my characters (even those with all of their heroics and quests done from Giants) and playing through the last level of the Kaos Doom Challenge with them, levelling them up in the process, and before doing so using Chomp Chest to upgrade them. I am nearly done with the challenge now, but this is for a different matter.

Involving the challenge, I would wish to reset some of my Trap Team characters, as they are not as effective as I would like. Could someone please give me some suggestions for the ideal path for the following Skylanders?

Blades (Currently on Shard Shooter)
Bushwhack (Currently on Axe Avenger)
Blastermind (Currently on Psychokinetic)
Deja Vu (Currently on Remember to Live)
Funny Bone (Currently on Tail Wagger)
Trail Blazer (Currently on Fireballer)
Knight Light (Currently on Scimitar Slicer)

The sooner the better for answers!

You're on the right path for your Deja Vu. The triple explosions of the time rifts (Attack 3) deal great damage when made into a black hole, which is easier to manage when you can shoot two Space-Time Shots (Attack 1) at the same time. Additionally, when weaker enemies try to attack, sometimes they stop and "charge" their attack. This allows you to run away, and, if you have your Past Self (Attack 2) active, they will hit her instead, healing you. Basicially, Deja Vu is the type of character to circle around hordes, constantly shooting Space-Time Shots and time rifts, all the while using her Past Self to shoot even more firepower and heal you.

Or, at least, that's how I play her. smilie
---
#1 Roller Brawl fan
"Ness, you'll always be the best character in Smash."
-Brawl in the Family, Comic #599
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me