First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
Not relevant but...
Friendzie Blue Sparx Gems: 611
#51 Posted: 03:15:08 15/02/2015
I'm 33 and I have a very young son who is probably going to really like my Skylander collection soon.

I would hate the game if I were playing it just to see the story or to complete all the levels. You could buy 1 Skylander and easily run through all the levels and be done with it if that were the case. Even just buying more characters to open the elemental gates is not enough reason, because none of the content in those gates is all that exciting.

For me, the fun of the game and having all these characters is cranking up the difficulty and pushing each character to the limit in arenas, Kaos mode, and any other challenges I can think of. When a new wave comes out, it can be fun to play through content again with a fresh gameplay experience. The price of the figures can almost be justified if you are really sitting down with each one and trying to see how well you can do. Of course, none of this would be worth it at all if the goal were simply to see the story. You could even just do that on Youtube.
Lee Bro Games Red Sparx Gems: 52
#52 Posted: 02:29:21 23/02/2015
13, 14 in October, my family is fine with skylanders, also I hope skylanders 5 comes out right before my birthday, makes it easier to get smilie
JayjeA Blue Sparx Gems: 636
#53 Posted: 04:53:57 23/02/2015
38 THIS MAY! Started with Swap Force and I love the game. Can't wait for Skylanders 5! At first I got it to play with the kids, but they're too young and my eldest doesn't think they're cool. Ssoooooo... yeah...
---
I'm a recent convert to Skylandering and I LOVE it! I'm doing a SUPERCHARGERS LP! I also do UnBoxing videos!
4inCreation Gold Sparx Gems: 2989
#54 Posted: 07:09:13 23/02/2015
I'm 33. The main reason I liked Skylanders is the figures. They are more interesting than figures of other games so far in the sculptural style and paint. I have to be honest about Trap Team, it lacks in paint compared to the other games. Hopefully the next game will come through with something better. The first three games are fun, but I skipped Trap Team because the figures and crystals are not interesting enough for me. As an adult, The quality of gameplay is not as important as the overall experience. At least my wallet gets a break this time around.
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#55 Posted: 07:20:51 23/02/2015
Quote: 4inCreation
I'm 33. The main reason I liked Skylanders is the figures. They are more interesting than figures of other games so far in the sculptural style and paint. I have to be honest about Trap Team, it lacks in paint compared to the other games. Hopefully the next game will come through with something better. The first three games are fun, but I skipped Trap Team because the figures and crystals are not interesting enough for me. As an adult, The quality of gameplay is not as important as the overall experience. At least my wallet gets a break this time around.

Isn't the SWAP Force's paint the most """""bland"""" ones?

I found the majority of thos figures to really lack the level of details, shades and textures the other games had.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
crstofer Emerald Sparx Gems: 4446
#56 Posted: 12:14:36 23/02/2015
I'm 44 years of AGE & WISDOM ! My 40 year old wife is the COLLECTOR and my 5 year old son is the GAMER ! My 22 year old daughter thinks we're KRAZY for the TIME & MONEY invested in these for her lil brother ! But NO complaints for 4 years of college we paid for ! LOL !!
---
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10026
#57 Posted: 12:29:32 23/02/2015
Trap Team figures seem to have more detail and texture than Swap Force ones,looking at official pictures. One new thing I really liked is that now even the figures have their character's acessories showing usage - Snap Shot's shoulder pads have cracks in the same places as his model,for example. The paint jobs are definately lazier this time around, but when it comes to the figure textures and their designs there's definately an improvement.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:29:58 23/02/2015 by Bifrost
PMTgaming150 Gold Sparx Gems: 2238
#58 Posted: 13:57:56 23/02/2015
14, And I've gotten each game for my birthday the past 4 years (convenient date is convenient), except this year cause my brother wanted this one I loved all of them but Swap Force (felt like a little kid's game) but I love collecting these little guys and I always will
---
MS paint DIO stares into your soul
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#59 Posted: 14:37:31 23/02/2015
Quote: Bifrost
Trap Team figures seem to have more detail and texture than Swap Force ones,looking at official pictures. One new thing I really liked is that now even the figures have their character's acessories showing usage - Snap Shot's shoulder pads have cracks in the same places as his model,for example. The paint jobs are definately lazier this time around, but when it comes to the figure textures and their designs there's definately an improvement.

Agree.

Even if, for the first time, a few figures don't match with their digital conunterparts.
I'm not talking about missing details (High Five's claws, Chopper's gloves), I understand they cannot paint them exactly like their in-game models, but about actual differences.

For example Trail Blazer's armor or Echo's color (from what I've seen).
It's a pity...
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#60 Posted: 14:54:22 23/02/2015
28 years old. At first, each time I went to gamestop to buy skylanders I used to say "It's for my nephew" "Birthday present for my little brother", until one day I got totally embarrased by the cute gamestop employee who answer me "Yeah, for your nephew sure...don't need to be ashamed!We all play skylanders here!". Now, I'm a proud Skylanders gamer.
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
JayjeA Blue Sparx Gems: 636
#61 Posted: 18:27:37 23/02/2015
38 THIS MAY! Started with Swap Force and I love the game. Can't wait for Skylanders 5! At first I got it to play with the kids, but they're too young and my eldest doesn't think they're cool. Ssoooooo... yeah...
---
I'm a recent convert to Skylandering and I LOVE it! I'm doing a SUPERCHARGERS LP! I also do UnBoxing videos!
Psychomancer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1374
#62 Posted: 17:53:47 25/02/2015
25 in may! This is definitely one of my my favorites franchises, got me completely hooked. Love the Skylanders and spent a lot of time adventuring with them. Love the collecting aspect as much as the gameplay.

Interesting to see the varying age range of my fellow portal masters! Keeping up with the series as long as my figures are compatible, and maybe even after they drop the compatibility with older figures (specially if it means a major overhaul and good change in the game).
---
Behold, my Catchphrase of Doom!
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#63 Posted: 20:05:08 25/02/2015
Quote: Drek95

I found the majority of thos figures to really lack the level of details, shades and textures the other games had.

It's called an opinion. Stop shoehorning others into your world view.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:31:14 25/02/2015 by GhostRoaster
#64 Posted: 20:44:14 25/02/2015
It's called disagreeing. As long as people aren't fighting, there's no need to get mad over it.
---
#65 Posted: 20:52:03 25/02/2015
Quote: GhostRoaster

"This clearly shows the level of conversation we have here".

Sorry if I touched the godly SWAP Force. I will inflict myself a thousand hours of pain, by repeatedly hitting myself with a flower, until I'll start bleeding.

This won't happen again, I promise you.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#66 Posted: 22:08:34 25/02/2015

Sorry if I touched the godly SWAP Force. I will inflict myself a thousand hours of pain, by repeatedly hitting myself with a flower, until I'll start bleeding.

Swap Force is God. Thank you for admitting that. smilie

It's called disagreeing. As long as people aren't fighting, there's no need to get mad over it.

Not mad, just seems like Drek just jumps over anything he doesn't agree with in a manner that seems he's right and the other person isn't. I'm ok with different opinions. Swap Force Rules, Trap Team drools. Trap Team is a convoluted mess.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 22:14:55 25/02/2015 by GhostRoaster
Unreallystic Emerald Sparx Gems: 3054
#67 Posted: 22:13:04 25/02/2015

Agree.

Even if, for the first time, a few figures don't match with their digital conunterparts.
I'm not talking about missing details (High Five's claws, Chopper's gloves), I understand they cannot paint them exactly like their in-game models, but about actual differences.

For example Trail Blazer's armor or Echo's color (from what I've seen).
It's a pity...

Mastermind's skin color...

Just chiming in, I feel like SF's figures as a whole were executed 'better' on average, between Level of Detail, paint jobs, design, etc. With that said, I think Trap Team's characters play better and were executed better in game (focusing on new characters that is). TT was the first entry where I could blatantly see a different in quality for painting between figures without 'searching' for it. I don't think any two Love Potion Pop Fizz's have the same white paint on their forehead for instance.
- Unreall
#68 Posted: 22:31:51 25/02/2015

Swap Force is God. Thank you for admitting that. smilie

Not mad, just seems like Drek just jumps over anything he doesn't agree with in a manner that seems he's right and the other person isn't. I'm ok with different opinions. Swap Force Rules, Trap Team drools.

Jumping over things I don't like would be saying stupid things like "SWAP Force is the worst game of the series", instead of saying "I personally find it to be the least entertaining, and really different from what I would want a Skylanders game to look".

I guess the other constant whines, because that's what they are, about every Trap Team's smaller problem are legit, bacause, you know, it's Trap Team, so it automatically sucks, right...?

WRONG! (as Brock would say it)

They are legit simply because the persons who express those comments find those things to be really important for them.
I personally whined, because it is admittedly a whine, about evolved villain's looks, but other persons may find them to be irrelevant.

I, and no one else, have any right to express a supreme or definitive opinion.

But I personally find the majority of the SWAP Force figures to be less detailed than the ones of the other games, and I'm saying this because I saw those figures, and compared them to the older ones.
Just like we can objectively say Trap Team is the game with the least replayability of the four, and certanly the one that takes your collection in account the least.

Are those bad things?
May be for me, may not for you, but they are objective. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#69 Posted: 22:52:05 25/02/2015
And now that's settled, can we please go back to 'I'm X age and I enjoy skylanders anyway"?
I could argue all day about SF being more convoluted than TT but I think that the TT vs SF and TFB vs VV threads sunk long ago and haven't been created again,so.
---
#70 Posted: 23:15:30 25/02/2015
And now that's settled, can we please go back to 'I'm X age and I enjoy skylanders anyway"?
I could argue all day about SF being more convoluted than TT but I think that the TT vs SF and TFB vs VV threads sunk long ago and haven't been created again,so.

Absolutely agree, I would continue this topic, if I didn't already said what it requested. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#71 Posted: 02:25:54 26/02/2015
Are those bad things?

I enjoy our discussion/debate. If anything I've come more to the middle of accepting all of the flaws of each of the entries...for me it's "coming to terms".

Swap Forces level length is too much...I'm playing it again on XBO and have come back to say "VV delivered too much of what we were originally wanted" but TT perfected the level length. On the flip side, TfB could've learned from the various modes and operational of play that VV provided, and giving us accolades for acknowledging the work we did on heroics,quests and simply buying monster sized collections.

I'm also having a bad day, so sorry if I came off the wrong way.
---
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3872
#72 Posted: 02:29:26 26/02/2015

Swap Force is God. Thank you for admitting that. smilie smilie

Not mad, just seems like Drek just jumps over anything he doesn't agree with in a manner that seems he's right and the other person isn't. I'm ok with different opinions. Swap Force Rules, Trap Team drools. Trap Team is a convoluted mess.

no....
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
#73 Posted: 07:27:24 26/02/2015
Are those bad things?

I enjoy our discussion/debate. If anything I've come more to the middle of accepting all of the flaws of each of the entries...for me it's "coming to terms".

Swap Forces level length is too much...I'm playing it again on XBO and have come back to say "VV delivered too much of what we were originally wanted" but TT perfected the level length. On the flip side, TfB could've learned from the various modes and operational of play that VV provided, and giving us accolades for acknowledging the work we did on heroics,quests and simply buying monster sized collections.

I'm also having a bad day, so sorry if I came off the wrong way.

Absolutely, Ghost, couldn't agree more. smilie

For my tastes, I prefer Trap Team, but that doesn't mean it hasn't a lot of problems.
And it absolutely doesn't mean SWAP Force is not enjoyable, not at all!

I really loved playing both games, and SWAP Force in particular felt like a dream, with the new graphics, the improved animations, the new gimmick, which is by far the best, tech-wise, the new characters, (I just love Dune Bug, Rattle Shake, Pop Thorn, Hoot Loop, Scorp, Grim Creeper, Bumble Blast and many more), the new fighting mechanic, which I would really like to come back for the fifth game, and even the Bonus Missions, which were admittedly an improvement, in my opinion, from the Heroics.

Not to mention the new Quests, the increased level cap and the fact that there were still Regular Elemental Gates.

On the other hand, Trap Team lacks a substant replayability, which can only be found in doing the same levels over and over again (I don't mind it, but it is a lack, compared to other games), or upgrading and maxing out new Skylanders, unless you have older ones that still aren't maxed out, doesn't give you any true reward for your collection, as you said, and totally got it wrong with the whole "Traptanium Elemental Gates only" idea.
Trap Masters themselves feel like they could have been much more (sure, they can destroy Traptanium Clusters, and any Trap Master can do it, which is cool, but why aren't they the only one that can actively trap, or even switch, with a villain? And most importantly, why aren't they Lightcore...? They totally missed this opportunity, no excuses).

And you know what? To be fair, I'm still not completely convinced about Light and Dark.
I still feel like they ruined a perfect balance, characters wise, but I will wait and see how they will deal with them in future games.

Oh, and, don't worry.
I kinda imagined you weren't having a good day, and I was feeling a bit ill too.
So, let's just forget the "harsh" part.
I really enjoy our discussions too, they are really constructive.

Have a great day, Ghost! smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
samuraituretsky Yellow Sparx Gems: 1430
#74 Posted: 19:21:24 26/02/2015
34.633 years. My daughter who I play with is 5, but I think I like the game slightly more than she does.
---
smilie smilie smilie smilie
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me