Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
Not relevant but...
MetaVolca Green Sparx Gems: 464
#1 Posted: 02:50:46 13/02/2015 | Topic Creator
Just one quick question. How old is everyone who plays the games? I'm sorry if I offend someone, but I'm 14 and the game just got, I don't know, boring. I mean I get the game, beat it, and then all these characters still need to be released and I'm really scared. I absolutely LOVE skylanders, but my parents say they are just baby toys that take up space. I really hope I change my mindset by Skylanders 5, because these are good games, I just don't see the point of waiting for these new characters to come out. Don't get me wrong, I've collected all officials that are out by now, and will buy wave 4 and wave enigma, but I really, REALLY need something AWESOME for a gimmick to get the next game. But anyway, thanks for reading my rant, but again the real question is How old are you guys who play the skylanders games? Again, I'm 14
---
"On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." Satoru Iwata, 1959-2015
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3872
#2 Posted: 02:56:44 13/02/2015
im 10
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
dinodig1767 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1245
#3 Posted: 03:06:39 13/02/2015
I am 15 join on 16 and I have felt the same way as you. I think my problem is the lack of heroic challenges. I miss them very much. They were neat and made each character special and worth getting. I only hope vicarious visions does something neat with them in the same way. i have had a hard time trying to go back in the game, get money for each character, and level them all up. I had them all done by the release of giants and now i am finding myself not wanting to play them. But I do want to finish the levels unlike swap force. I am excited for Sky 5 though!
---
Check my website out! http://skylandersinventoryadventure.weebly.com
It's about skylanders(PM me if interested in the custom section)
Updated 8/24/14
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#4 Posted: 03:09:20 13/02/2015
I'm old as Methuselah.

I found the game engaging but feeling "rushed" as I go out of one ambush to another. It only took a couple of weeks of casual playing to beat (with 3 stars) and another week to get all 40 stars. I'm saving my nightmare playthrough on the 20 odd characters that are left...because well...I need a reason to play with them when I get them.

So in short...I empathize with your criticism of the game. And age doesn't factor into it. A game is either fun...or not so much.

I want a marathon for my legacy skylanders. Short of registering them in the game...well...they've been not used. Too many to play with.

At least it's not Sonic Boom, right?
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 03:13:24 13/02/2015 by GhostRoaster
MetaVolca Green Sparx Gems: 464
#5 Posted: 03:09:50 13/02/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: dinodig1767
I am 15 join on 16 and I have felt the same way as you. I think my problem is the lack of heroic challenges. I miss them very much. They were neat and made each character special and worth getting. I only hope vicarious visions does something neat with them in the same way. i have had a hard time trying to go back in the game, get money for each character, and level them all up. I had them all done by the release of giants and now i am finding myself not wanting to play them. But I do want to finish the levels unlike swap force. I am excited for Sky 5 though!

Yeah I gotta agree with you there. Heroic challenges were kinda like a goal setter for me too. Thanks for answering too!
---
"On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." Satoru Iwata, 1959-2015
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#6 Posted: 03:19:23 13/02/2015
Seventeen, eighteen in may.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
GinjaNinja Gold Sparx Gems: 2604
#7 Posted: 03:35:42 13/02/2015
I am 22, turning 23 right before Skylanders 5.
Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#8 Posted: 05:00:10 13/02/2015
37 Here. I think part of the problem is that the franchise isn't maturing with it's audience. It's basically the same game with a salad bar of features that they seem to add in and take out with no real reason. There have been no cart games, fighting games, sports games, f.p.s., world builder/sand box, etc. games. They appear to only be after that first time player with each installment. I do realize the irony in that statement since Skylanders previously released are compatibly with future and current additions, but there are fewer and fewer reasons to use them beyond being a favorite. It seems like they could take a page out of the Mario playbook (Cart, RPG, Paper, Party, etc.) to simply give us some options. It would be kind of awesome to see a Teen rated Skylanders game that is a dungeon crawler kind of like Diablo or Baulder's gate where you could form parties of different Skylanders and go on an epic adventure. Or a turn based RPG, HOW F-ING AWESOME WOULD THAT BE?!? There's room and justification for expanding the franchise...they just need to do it.
GigaCamo Emerald Sparx Gems: 4288
#9 Posted: 05:09:28 13/02/2015
16 and turning 17 in August.
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#10 Posted: 07:00:37 13/02/2015
I'm 19, turning 20 in December.

The point is, they cannot make the game TOO mature, unless they create a spin-off, because they want to keep both the focus target (kids) and a more mature one (usually older brothers or parents).

They want to keep the focus target as the main one, and if the other categories enjoy the game too, well, that's even better.

I frankly don't want it to change that much, because I have other games, to do what you said (a karting game would completely ruin the concept of the game, since I wouldn't play with my Skylanders anymore, only with their vehicles, unless, again, they create a spin-off) but I have NO other game like Skylanders.

They have to innovate with something truly fantastic (online, open-world, more RPG elements), but that can still keep the core gameplay of the series.

Want a Skylanders fps? I'm sure it would be EXCITING to shoot the enemies, or punch them, in first person mode, taking out the charm of the game.
Really REALLY ecxiting...
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
#11 Posted: 07:54:39 13/02/2015
Quote: Drek95

The point is, they cannot make the game TOO mature, unless they create a spin-off, because they want to keep both the focus target (kids) and a more mature one (usually older brothers or parents).

They want to keep the focus target as the main one, and if the other categories enjoy the game too, well, that's even better.

I frankly don't want it to change that much, because I have other games, to do what you said (a karting game would completely ruin the concept of the game, since I wouldn't play with my Skylanders anymore, only with their vehicles, unless, again, they create a spin-off) but I have NO other game like Skylanders.

They have to innovate with something truly fantastic (online, open-world, more RPG elements), but that can still keep the core gameplay of the series.

Want a Skylanders fps? I'm sure it would be EXCITING to shoot the enemies, or punch them, in first person mode, taking out the charm of the game.

I wasn't talking about changing the core experience of Skylanders, simply expanding it. Using Mario as an example, they have several spin-offs while still producing core Mario games that keep the core Mario experience solid. They add a few new tweaks, bells and whistles but overall he still gets power-ups, jumps a lot and saves someone (usually a princess). How would this hurt Skylanders as a franchise? The Teen rated game would be a separate game just like all the other genres I suggested. Although it would be cool if we had some of these in the core games as well. If this brand wants to retain multiple generations it needs to expand and evolve. This can be done without hurting the core experience.
#12 Posted: 08:40:51 13/02/2015
Quote: Tigorus

I wasn't talking about changing the core experience of Skylanders, simply expanding it. Using Mario as an example, they have several spin-offs while still producing core Mario games that keep the core Mario experience solid. They add a few new tweaks, bells and whistles but overall he still gets power-ups, jumps a lot and saves someone (usually a princess). How would this hurt Skylanders as a franchise? The Teen rated game would be a separate game just like all the other genres I suggested. Although it would be cool if we had some of these in the core games as well. If this brand wants to retain multiple generations it needs to expand and evolve. This can be done without hurting the core experience.

Absolutely agree.

Mario is a perfect example in this case.

We might even start seeing some spin-offs soon, as the pics of that game we found some time ago look quite different from the other games. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Skylander3112 Gold Sparx Gems: 2115
#13 Posted: 08:47:48 13/02/2015
I am 14, and I just can't get enough of Skylanders, I loved it!
GhostRoaster617 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3963
#14 Posted: 08:52:30 13/02/2015
23 and will always be a portal master. This franchise has made me make friends and gave me lovable and awesome characters to collect and play as.
---
Grave Clobber is back to bury you!
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#15 Posted: 09:00:30 13/02/2015
Quote: GhostRoaster617
23 and will always be a portal master. This franchise has made me make friends and gave me lovable and awesome characters to collect and play as.

I think you got the whole point of this series.
Kudos to you, my fellow Portal Master. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
drobot007 Green Sparx Gems: 390
#16 Posted: 09:14:50 13/02/2015
I am 11 turning 12 in September.
---
Add me on Fortnite: ElmoCaused911
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#17 Posted: 09:23:19 13/02/2015
The game needs to add something extraordinary which makes it, once again, one of the must fun games to play with. Online gameplay, open world or an spin off more focused on mature audiences could be the solutions. However, and to be honest, I’m pessimistic one of these will happen…why?well, skylanders is incredibly successful, year after year, it has sold millions of copies, why would they make any changes or take risks in developing something “new” when they know the same idea as 4 years ago is still working? Not only that, but keep in mind an important share of the game customers are kids, probably, for most of them it’s the first “serious” videogame they play with, so, no matter if they game has something new or not, for them is gonna be a unique experience. True, there’s also a share of fans that want something new, but, unfortunately there’s an even biggest share that really don’t care about any changes as long as they get another skylanders game with new figures and chapters. The truth is that changes would be beneficial for everybody, but not everybody cares about them.
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
xLuckyx Blue Sparx Gems: 812
#18 Posted: 10:27:31 13/02/2015
17 turning 18 in April smilie
---
smilie smilie smilie All geared up. smilie smilie smilie
Hawksey128 Blue Sparx Gems: 994
#19 Posted: 11:07:15 13/02/2015
14, I'm 15 this year.

I don't see the problem. Besides, I go to a game section, all I see is Skylanders. Even though Australia is still missing Wave 2 cores, they are there. And when giants first game out, it was pretty big, so I bought it.
Massive shells = Sucking people in.
---
I'm going to tell you right now.
BUY smilie
EHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEH THIS IS A POINTLESS EDITION TO A SIGNATURE I DUNNO
Greeble Emerald Sparx Gems: 4276
#20 Posted: 11:14:44 13/02/2015
I'm 32 and my 8 year old nephews have just started on Skylanders Giants.

It's nice that the older games still appeal to new players, i plan to keep going as long as the games are good, because i love all the new characters that arrive and i like reading the backstories.

The person who comes up with them has a brilliant imagination.
---
^ You all know it's true
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10026
#21 Posted: 12:26:25 13/02/2015
Quote: GhostRoaster

At least it's not Sonic Boom, right?

Cool, a bounce pad!

Far from a teenager by now, but been buying the games for myself and at most for hijinks with my neighbors as we try to mash the attacks faster than the other. Age definately doesn't play a factor in the game, only if you feel like it challenges your maturity or something but that's just being edgy.

That said, just because you feel you're getting tired of it doesn't mean you're "growing up", just really growing tired of it. I also can't wait for spinoffs,especially ones more story-driven, and I see in the future just getting tired of collecting or having every game be a Diablo-lite. But if you still love the franchise, just let it be for a bit, go play other games,come back to it once you feel like playing. Playing more won't make you like the franchise more, just ask anyone that Let's Plays for a living or has to attend to servers like in Minecraft or similar. Don't feel obligated to catch 'em all, just catch as much as you feel it'll be enough.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Unreallystic Emerald Sparx Gems: 3054
#22 Posted: 12:53:06 13/02/2015
32, 33 in April. I got into it because I have an almost 4 year old son and needed something my wife would play also. From their my pseudo OCD kicked in.

I'm amazed at how fast some of you chew through the game, but I also admit, I'd only do a level a day 'max', I just don't have the 'time' to play more than that.
- Unreall
Windumup Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#23 Posted: 14:25:46 13/02/2015
17 p.p it's in my guestbook
---
Ugh I wish my body wasn't a mess
conquertronina Blue Sparx Gems: 698
#24 Posted: 14:34:06 13/02/2015
I'm 26 and nobody else I know in real life plays the game. I started playing for my job, but then friends started giving me more characters for my birthday and Christmas, so I've ended up with a bigger collection than I ever expected to own.
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#25 Posted: 14:57:58 13/02/2015
Quote: conquertronina
I'm 26 and nobody else I know in real life plays the game. I started playing for my job, but then friends started giving me more characters for my birthday and Christmas, so I've ended up with a bigger collection than I ever expected to own.

Your job involves playing Skylanders?Lucky guy... smilie
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
Sboy13 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#26 Posted: 15:00:31 13/02/2015
15. Turning 16 in June.
---
Purple dragon.
ultyzaus Yellow Sparx Gems: 1700
#27 Posted: 15:02:46 13/02/2015
I'm 31. I started playing, first by borrowing my nephew's game, to add the games and figure to a video game database for which I needed accurate info. My love for collections has finally gotten the upper hand smilie
---
http://ultyzarus.deviantart.com/
223/254, 17 superchargers, 14 vehicles
Characters missing: Rocky Roll, Splat, Nightfall, Thrillipede
Zeke_D Blue Sparx Gems: 822
#28 Posted: 15:14:36 13/02/2015
I made fun of people purchasing skylanders when I worked at GameStop. "You gotta buy the game for $75, then spend $8 - $13 a pop for more characters? RIP OFF!" I made fun of the customers after they left. A regular customer who I actually liked (most customers were raging A-holes) was getting rid of his XB360 version of Spyro's so he could upgrade to a PS3. I advised him we didn't accept them in trade (GS didn't at the time) and he offered to just let me have them. I was all "Pssssh I don't think so. I like my money." He insisted and eventually I relented and tossed them in the trunk of my car where they lived for about four months - just rattling around and getting in the way.

My (then) 5yo daughter wanted a break from Minecraft on the XB360, and asked for another game to play. I remembered the junk I still had in my trunk and got them for her to play. She was never a good platformer (what 5YO really is?), so I was often 'helping' her finish levels and stuff. She lost interest after a few days, but I was hooked. I live in rural Arizona, so craigslist was where I acquired most of my SSA & SG figures. I purchased all my SF figures with my GameStop employee discount and freebies from the Skylanders Adventure Club that GS tries to properly maintain.

For TT, I've seriously scaled back my purchasing because the game fails to mature, and a few customer service snafus from Activision have soured me to the franchise. Now, enough of my tangent, I'm currently 38, and apparently hold the thread record for being the oldest…

[User Posted Image]
Wreckingball13 Gold Sparx Gems: 2583
#29 Posted: 16:01:34 13/02/2015
13 years of age.
DM235 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1678
#30 Posted: 16:23:56 13/02/2015
I'm 38. I got into Skylanders because my daughter kept asking me to get her some of the figures that she really liked. Since she was 5, she needed some help with the tougher levels, so we would play them co-op. Afterwards, I would play by myself after she went to bed so I could level them up for her (and get them lots of gold so that she could buy all of the upgrades). It didn't take long before I was hooked. Overall, I think it is a great game. We don't get all of the characters, and I try to space out our purchases so that we have a chance to enjoy each new character.

Unless Activision does something silly, I am sure we will be back for Sky 5.
Insane01 Gold Sparx Gems: 2038
#31 Posted: 16:53:15 13/02/2015
I'm 45, 46 in July.
I got into Skylanders because it looked cool, plus it's an alternative to my other games where you pretty much rely on strategy guides not only to figure the game out but so much is going on around you that you got to be absolutely focused.
Primary .....the Fallout franchise. Fallout 3 & New Vegas are pretty harsh
But the King of my games renders all my others tiny compare to it......Skyrim Legendary Edition.
The strategy guide looks like a bloody textbook.
Skylanders is nice & relaxing, with little (SF Swap zones) or no frustration at all. Once you got the layout of each chapter, it's easy to complete it.
I was almost tempted to get Alien Isolation, but I decided to wait until goes down to $20.
---
" Am I the mad one or are you?"
then, again, "we're all mad here
"
Wally-Gang Gold Sparx Gems: 2987
#32 Posted: 18:36:23 13/02/2015
I am 48 and I started as a casual observer and owner of only Dino-rang, just to have one to play with when my children wanted help. My wife used Eruptor for the same purpose. I was originally just fascinated with the technology, now we have built our own lore. We have a ton of characters and have logged a tremendous amount of time playing, mostly together, doing the adventure, Brock's stuff, swap zones, bonus missions, and even held pvp tournaments to crown a champion portal master.
As my kids enter junior high, I can see that the interest may fade a bit, but the memories and the laughter and the fun will always be there. That is what I think the true purpose of all this is. Change the game or not, I will always be a fan.
---
"Come rang or shine"
Still troubled by him speaking
#33 Posted: 19:45:46 13/02/2015

Why thank you Drek. This line has done more than any other line has ever done for me in my life.
---
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#34 Posted: 20:04:52 13/02/2015

Why thank you Drek. This line has done more than any other line has ever done for me in my life.

Sorry to sound "rude", but... Are you being sarcastic?
It's only that, sometimes is really hard to tell, on the Internet.

If you are not (and in that case I am sorry for having been so skeptica), well, no problem then! I'm happy it meant so much for you. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
WilltheWizard Yellow Sparx Gems: 1779
#35 Posted: 20:06:18 13/02/2015

---
---
Spread those positive vibes
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:06:32 14/02/2015 by WilltheWizard
Okaps Platinum Sparx Gems: 6245
#36 Posted: 02:44:01 14/02/2015
26, kind of relieved I'm not the oldest in a way.
I've always liked video games and collecting toys. Skylanders just builds on stuff I already like.
---
#all Spyros are valid
#37 Posted: 03:00:44 14/02/2015

If you are not (and in that case I am sorry for having been so skeptica), well, no problem then! I'm happy it meant so much for you. smilie

Well yes I am serious about what I am saying. Some waysa to tell when someone is being sarcastic is to look for quotation marks for emphasizing what they are saying or if what one says sounds cynical or being ironic. I am sorry for not being more clear and I am glad there is no problem here. So yeah I was being honest and had no intention of trolling or any other disrespect.
---
GigaCamo Emerald Sparx Gems: 4288
#38 Posted: 03:16:10 14/02/2015

Me to. I've been a Portal Master since 2011. That's rare considering how not too many people played Skylanders in that year. I want to keep that title and I don't care what they do with it (Even making The Skylanders fight Kaos on motorcycles) I will still play it and like it as long as they give good gameplay and awesome characters to care about and collect. Plus I look how far Skylanders has gotten me in life. I joined many websites, made a lot more friends (One of my friends being a previous person I used to hate) and got me on this site. If one franchise can do that much to affect my life than it's is defiantly a good series. Seeing how popular this franchise is and knowing I'm one of the original fans I feel this series is special. It has only been 5 years but it feels like this franchise has been with me since my childhood (And I'm turning 17 this August). Long live Skylanders and the awesome Portal Masters!
Iblistech Platinum Sparx Gems: 5099
#39 Posted: 06:35:20 14/02/2015
24 right now, but I'll be 25 in June this year, on Flag Day.
---
Hail to the King, baby!
#40 Posted: 06:50:50 14/02/2015

Well yes I am serious about what I am saying. Some waysa to tell when someone is being sarcastic is to look for quotation marks for emphasizing what they are saying or if what one says sounds cynical or being ironic. I am sorry for not being more clear and I am glad there is no problem here. So yeah I was being honest and had no intention of trolling or any other disrespect.

Thanks for clearing that up! smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
SkylanderSteve Yellow Sparx Gems: 1440
#41 Posted: 07:46:26 14/02/2015
wild_defender Green Sparx Gems: 465
#42 Posted: 08:17:16 14/02/2015
Also I wouldn't pay attention to ya parents calling them baby toys. Video games are for anyone and everyone, just coz its cartoony doesn't change that.

The biggest buyer of Pokemon games these days are actually aged 20-25.
---
Anyone else think Short Cut should be making jokes about running with scissors?
wreckingballbob Emerald Sparx Gems: 4565
#43 Posted: 09:40:02 14/02/2015
I started at the age of 11 when I got Spyro's Adventure, 12 when I got Giants, 13 when I got Swap Force, 14 when I got Trap Team and I'm 15 in 14 days. My brothers, dad and sister dislike Skylanders while my mum doesn't really mind. Although, she does joke about it. I refuse to listen to what they think I am doing what I like, I do think Trap Team is pretty boring though so I'm waiting for Skylanders 5.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 09:44:59 14/02/2015 by wreckingballbob
#44 Posted: 18:08:05 14/02/2015
Wow, nice diversity in age groups here. We have 10 going all the way to Methuselah, I mean Ghost Roaster (who wouldn't disclose his age and deserves ribbing)... smilie . O.k. so we've established it isn't the age level of the content (I believe we've done this previously with all the Pokemon fan on these boards, myself included). You either like the content or you don't, simple as that.

So I guess some of us are looking for diversity in the actual content then? I know I am but it's hard to speak for other people (don't recommend it lol). I know that I like to obsess on a thing. Once I like a game or movie I look for figures, cards, additional media forms (books, posters, magazines, etc). Skylanders has the game and figs down as well as the other media. That being said the core experience is growing a little stale. That's why I'm personally looking for a change. Now maturing the franchise a little is one answer because it would use the same universe but introduce peril and a sense of danger that the more innocent formula just can't deliver. Now this doesn't need to be answered in blood and guts. By more mature I mean more refined and complex. In the example of Super Mario RPG, it took characters we were familiar with and put them in a completely different context and situation than we'd grown accustomed to. It worked amazingly well b.t.w. for those that never tried it. Also as a side note and trivia point, Super Mario RPG was the first and last collaborative effort by Square and Nintendo...a true gem.

So to those that are starting to feel the burn out, is it content or franchise burn out? Gamers are usually an obsessive bunch to begin with. In Skylanders we already have something to hunt for in the figures and excess of media. I think some of us want something else to do with that obsession...I know I do. A lot of the figure activities were sated in S.F. but T.T. diminished that. Now additional games for the figures we already purchased is one answer, additional content in the core experience is another. With T.T. they removed activities (while adding one) from the core experience and didn't give us an outlet for additional content.

I'm going to use D.I. 2.0. as a quick example of a compromise here.
When ever I purchase a figure for Infinity, they come with a code. That code allows me to play the same figure in the same game on my p.c. account without an additional purchase. It's simply a digital version of something I've already purchased. Now a quick answer for Skylanders is that maybe we could get a p.c. version where we could do the same. It's the same core experience on a different platform but it's more bang for our buck. Plus if they had a digital version of characters for a reduced cost, like infinity, we wouldn't feel screwed if our country, state or town didn't happen to win the roulette that is the Skylanders release campaign. If they truly gave a crap about their fans they would only be worried about getting the figures to the player and not forcing them to wait for weeks or months watching everyone else that got lucky. Also for those thinking they would lose money, I doubt it. Impatient people, like me, would get the digital version and buy the physical version when it was finally available.

Personally I'd also like to see additional content as well as a further spreading of the content. We're getting neither (that we know of). It PAINS me to no end but this year I'm voting with my wallet. If they don't expand the franchise to further titles, add online, add additional in game activities, I believe my Skylanders experience will end with the bitter taste of Trap Team. Now that's not a threat just a personal choice based on what I believe needs to happen to keep me investing in this franchise. If I'm not getting what I want I don't see any further reason to play something that is 100% voluntary. I'm supposed to be having fun not dwelling on what they removed. I can't be alone here.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 18:12:39 14/02/2015 by Tigorus
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#45 Posted: 18:36:53 14/02/2015
I truly meet the adage that this game can literally be for kids OF ALL AGES.

So, I'm so bored with Trap Team that I just bought an XBO and was able to secure a Swap Force new starter for $15. Guess what? I'm having fun with the game AGAIN. I loved the swappers so much I'm going out to get my own set just so I can experience upgrading them and "do it again". Diversity of goals content and fresh new approaches to a working formula is what I will always want. They did that in Trap Team, but I feel there's more variety in Swap Force. I do not believe they need to EXPAND titles...in fact, I think the teams are struggling just to get the current titles out on a yearly basis. I almost think they need three development houses to get this done right.

Also, on the PC version. Personally really geeky gamers or parents will have a PC. That wasn't the case twenty years ago but today EVERYONE has a mobile platform. Personally they are doing it right ditching the PC for mobile...not to mention PC software hacks and thievery is more prevalent.

It's clear to me that the toys are swallowing everything, including development time that needs to be used to make sure we have a longer experience in each game.

My id is TakeYourLemons if you want to friend me and have the game.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 5 times - Last edited at 18:49:13 14/02/2015 by GhostRoaster
#46 Posted: 19:02:18 14/02/2015
Quote: GhostRoaster
I truly meet the adage that this game can literally be for kids OF ALL AGES.

So, I'm so bored with Trap Team that I just bought an XBO and was able to secure a Swap Force new starter for $15. Guess what? I'm having fun with the game AGAIN. I loved the swappers so much I'm going out to get my own set just so I can experience upgrading them and "do it again". Diversity of goals content and fresh new approaches to a working formula is what I will always want. They did that in Trap Team, but I feel there's more variety in Swap Force. I do not believe they need to EXPAND...in fact, I think the teams are struggling just to get the current titles out on a yearly basis. I almost think they need three development houses to get this done right.

My id is TakeYourLemons if you want to friend me and have the game.

LOL I know what you mean. Last year when I picked up a PS4 I got Swap Force for $20 and fell in love all over again. There is something to be said for Skylanders on the new systems...they are sooooo purdy!!! So your really don't want to see Skylanders in any other light? I do know that it can be a total disaster if not done right. I would actually like to see what a game would look like if both T.F.B. and V.V. worked on it, you know, together. I don't know if that's ever a possibility though considering how different their visions of what a good Skylanders game looks like are. Here are some examples of outside companies taking a crack:

Capcom could make a Megaman style side-scroller. Each stage would have an elemental boss with Kaos (or another) being the end boss.
Konami could make a Castlevania like side-scroller where you play as the portal master gathering elemental abilities and the Trap Master Weapons to battle "The Darkness".
Bioware or Square could make a RPG

Now there are a few "DREAM" examples of outside developers expanding the franchise. Would that be so bad? I do have to say though that these would need to be handled by outside development house since I don;t want to take away from the Core game. They need to refine and hone the core experience and bring their "AAA" game. There's no excuse why this game doesn't have the largest development base int he industry. It's the most expensive game currently on the market if you get all the figures. $225 for all Trap Masters (MSRP $15), $140 for Cores (MSRP $10), $75 Game (MSRP). That's $440 for just the new stuff with no reposes, specials or minis. A sub-MMO costs $180 in sub fees ($15) and those games are constantly changing. This game really has people by the short hairs, so we need to ask for more (in or out of game). It's not unreasonable.
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#47 Posted: 19:48:35 14/02/2015
I'm almost 14. I used to have over 100, but now i've traded in a lot, and i'm not even keeping track.

I think this might be my last game, UNLESS the "baa-tle flag" is real and sky5.... then i'll invest. with amiibo now on my mind, i'm either dropping this or DI.
#48 Posted: 21:21:07 14/02/2015
I agree on trying multiple genres, because the charm and the "lore" of the Skylands can apply to multiple types of games.

They don't have to be spin-offs, think about Mario Galaxy, it isn't a proper spin-off, but it isn't a traditional Mario game either (and I honestly like it much more than the original ones).

However, in my opinion they should still release at least a "traditional" title every year.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#49 Posted: 21:32:26 14/02/2015
I agree on trying multiple genres, because the charm and the "lore" of the Skylands can apply to multiple types of games.

They don't have to be spin-offs, think about Mario Galaxy, it isn't a proper spin-off, but it isn't a traditional Mario game either (and I honestly like it much more than the original ones).

However, in my opinion they should still release at least a "traditional" title every year.

For the most part I agree with this. That being said, what if there was a spin-off/alternate title every other year and a core game every other year? That way we'd get a cycle that looked like:

Core Game
Spin-off/alternate Game
Core Game
Spin-off/alternate Game

That would allow more development on the core game and give us an alternative experience as well. This would diversify the Franchise while feeling fresh. Maybe sneak in a little D.L.C. or more Adventure packs. The Adventure packs we terribly short this time around. Plus @ $25-$30 a pop, a cheaper digital alternative might be welcome.
#50 Posted: 21:49:43 14/02/2015
Quote: Tigorus

For the most part I agree with this. That being said, what if there was a spin-off/alternate title every other year and a core game every other year? That way we'd get a cycle that looked like:

Core Game
Spin-off/alternate Game
Core Game
Spin-off/alternate Game

That would allow more development on the core game and give us an alternative experience as well. This would diversify the Franchise while feeling fresh. Maybe sneak in a little D.L.C. or more Adventure packs. The Adventure packs we terribly short this time around. Plus @ $25-$30 a pop, a cheaper digital alternative might be welcome.

That could also work, yes.

I would also suggest to release both the core games and the "spin-offs" as normal games too, without Starter Packs or eventual Portals, and also release all the starter characters as singles.

That way, I could buy a core game for 75$/€ and the spin-off as a 50$/€ (hopefully), but at least, I wouldn't have an extra Portal.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me