Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > Judge Declares Upskirt Photos Of 13-Year-Old Girl Were Completely Legal
Page 1 of 1
Judge Declares Upskirt Photos Of 13-Year-Old Girl Were Completely Legal [CLOSED]
aran Emerald Sparx Gems: 4040
#1 Posted: 15:11:19 12/02/2015 | Topic Creator
"Judge Eric Butterfield stated that the man was completely within the legal limitations of the law. See, for this situation, the man was in the local department store and used his cell phone to bend over and take a picture underneath the skirt of the girl."
link to story
http://sourcefed.com/judge-dec...mpletely-legal/

what do you think about this?
Spyro Fanatic Hunter Gems: 12148
#2 Posted: 17:18:36 12/02/2015
Uh... probably this isn't the best place to discuss these issues? Maybe you should have at least used a spoiler.

Anyways, that's just disgusting how he could get away with that.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 17:33:11 12/02/2015 by Spyro Fanatic
zer0dch Ripto Gems: 1916
#3 Posted: 17:19:31 12/02/2015
What the hell, this is completely disgusting.
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6093
#4 Posted: 17:27:39 12/02/2015
How the hell is that even legal.....

*reads article*

Well.... It somewhat makes sense. Still don't really like it (and looks like the Judge doesn't either), but wow.....
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
AvatariDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 6085
#5 Posted: 17:38:35 12/02/2015
Unfortunately, those are some good points. The judge can only do what the law allows, really. But can't the guy at least be charged for like pedophilia or something? He admitted that he did it purposely, so I feel like he should be punished in some way...
---
♥ May 23, 2011 ♥
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#6 Posted: 18:56:57 12/02/2015
Meanwhile, recording police gets you beat up and/or arrested.
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3511
#7 Posted: 19:15:58 12/02/2015
This is the country I live in... Welp, time to steal a NASA rocket and move to the moon!
DummyZ Gold Sparx Gems: 2844
#8 Posted: 19:34:02 12/02/2015
Jeez.

This way, almost anything could be excused with hidden reasons. And I do not want to see crimes being allowed under any circumstance, honestly.
Samius Hunter Gems: 9262
#9 Posted: 21:39:53 12/02/2015
Quote: AvatariDragon
Unfortunately, those are some good points. The judge can only do what the law allows, really. But can't the guy at least be charged for like pedophilia or something? He admitted that he did it purposely, so I feel like he should be punished in some way...

I don't want to sound like I'm defending the guy, but pedophilia is not actually illegal. It's the act of child sexual abuse that is illegal, and not every person who does that is even diagnosed with pedophilia.
#10 Posted: 22:21:23 12/02/2015
Quote: Samius

I don't want to sound like I'm defending the guy, but pedophilia is not actually illegal. It's the act of child sexual abuse that is illegal, and not every person who does that is even diagnosed with pedophilia.

Well **** >.>
It needs to be illegal...
---
♥ May 23, 2011 ♥
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:23:02 12/02/2015 by AvatariDragon
#11 Posted: 22:40:12 12/02/2015

Well **** >.>

No, it really doesn't. If someone is a pedophile and simply lives a normal, crime-free life then he doesn't deserve to be judged because of the things he did not do. You should always judge a person based on his/her actions.

Besides, it's not like those people have a choice in the matter. Much like homosexual people don't choose to be gay either, they're born with it.
valskeletor Yellow Sparx Gems: 1155
#12 Posted: 22:49:38 12/02/2015

Well **** >.>

No, it really doesn't. If someone is a pedophile and simply lives a normal, crime-free life then he doesn't deserve to be judged because of the things he did not do. You should always judge a person based on his/her actions.

Besides, it's not like those people have a choice in the matter. Much like homosexual people don't choose to be gay either, they're born with it.

that's kind of like saying all people on the psychopathic scale should be thrown in prison too
---
tubular
#13 Posted: 22:53:28 12/02/2015
Quote: valskeletor

Well **** >.>

that's kind of like saying all people on the psychopathic scale should be thrown in prison too

I'm sorry, but did you quote the right post? Or was I saying something like that?
theuone Platinum Sparx Gems: 6184
#14 Posted: 22:54:57 12/02/2015
^I think he was basically agreeing with you. maybe, I don't know.
---
On board Spyro Reignited hype, Choo choo!
Thanks to BlackWing116 for the Chimera drawing
Metaphorical phantom here, Blame everything lol.
#15 Posted: 22:59:00 12/02/2015
Quote: theuone

I dunno either. He was pretty vague on what exactly he was referring to.
#16 Posted: 23:23:08 12/02/2015
You should always judge a person based on his/her actions.

That's what I'm talking about. It's none of my business what goes on in somebody's head or the privacy of their own home, but when they act on their impulses like that guy did, something needs to be done. A 60-something year old taking pictures up the skirt of a 13 year old, and nothing can be done about it? That's messed up, and what he did was disgusting.
---
♥ May 23, 2011 ♥
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#17 Posted: 23:29:30 12/02/2015
They should probably fix those loopholes.

I dunno either. He was pretty vague on what exactly he was referring to.

*she
#18 Posted: 23:33:22 12/02/2015

That's what I'm talking about. It's none of my business what goes on in somebody's head or the privacy of their own home, but when they act on their impulses like that guy did, something needs to be done. A 60-something year old taking pictures up the skirt of a 13 year old, and nothing can be done about it? That's messed up, and what he did was disgusting.

Yeah, I agree. I didn't say that this guy was completely innocent, it's just that not all pedophiles do this sorta stuff.

That word has been used so many times in social media in such context that it has lost it's original meaning. In people's minds "pedophile" now equals "evil", even though it's really just a psychiatric disorder. Even talking about it has become something of a taboo.
#19 Posted: 23:41:20 12/02/2015

Yeah, I agree. I didn't say that this guy was completely innocent, it's just that not all pedophiles do this sorta stuff.

That word has been used so many times in social media in such context that it has lost it's original meaning. In people's minds "pedophile" now equals "evil", even though it's really just a psychiatric disorder. Even talking about it has become something of a taboo.

Yeah, I see what you're saying.

I still think it should be illegal though. I mean I know everyone has... preferences... but some of them just need to be kept private, like this particular one. Great job to those who do keep it to themselves, but to the others, something needs to be done.
---
♥ May 23, 2011 ♥
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:42:09 12/02/2015 by AvatariDragon
#20 Posted: 23:44:07 12/02/2015

Well **** >.>

Not really though. Imagine if those pictures were taken with the child's permission and he/she allows everything without a problem
#21 Posted: 23:49:54 12/02/2015
Quote: DummyZ
Not really though. Imagine if those pictures were taken with the child's permission and he/she allows everything without a problem

So because the girl gives him permission that automatically makes it okay???
---
♥ May 23, 2011 ♥
azz01 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#22 Posted: 00:13:08 13/02/2015

I think of it this way.Nudes or anything like this(I know they were not nude photos and they did not show any thing that should not be shown) is like consent.I think if this girl were to consent to the photos it is still should be illegal or at least worthy of some form of jail/prison sentence cause she is only 13 and not 18.It's like if a 15 were to hook up with an 18 year old it is considered rape and the the 18 year old is sent to prison/jail even though the girl/guy gave consent.I think it should be treated like this but to a lesser degree of punishment.(I probably sound really stupid and above my years considering I am practically the same age as said girl but still)
---
Call me the penguin man for that is who I am. Also stan LOOΠΔ!
#23 Posted: 00:20:26 13/02/2015

This is getting pretty philosophical actually. What harm could one do if no-one is offended or affected negatively? Could something be "wrong" despite that?

Someone could argue that no harm would've been done to anyone had this guy simply not gotten caught. Which might sound crazy, but it does have a right of truth.
Everyone would've went on with their daily lives, the girl wouldn't have been degraded with the general public being none the wiser, but does that change what's correct?

And if correctness in itself doesn't stop criminals from doing what they do, what good is correctness? Is it just an idea that we aspire to, out of lack of options?

These are the kinda things I think about when I'm tired and should go to sleep.
#24 Posted: 00:58:46 13/02/2015

Tecnically, yes, I believe.
#25 Posted: 03:08:46 13/02/2015

I'm sorry, but did you quote the right post? Or was I saying something like that?

nah man i was responding to the other post while (at first intending to) use your post to add to my own point, hence quoting yours responding to hers

complicated answer to uncomplicated answer: i was responding to her but was inspired by your post to do so
---
tubular
Windumup Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#26 Posted: 05:48:30 13/02/2015
Quote: azz01

I think of it this way.Nudes or anything like this(I know they were not nude photos and they did not show any thing that should not be shown) is like consent.I think if this girl were to consent to the photos it is still should be illegal or at least worthy of some form of jail/prison sentence cause she is only 13 and not 18.It's like if a 15 were to hook up with an 18 year old it is considered rape and the the 18 year old is sent to prison/jail even though the girl/guy gave consent.I think it should be treated like this but to a lesser degree of punishment.(I probably sound really stupid and above my years considering I am practically the same age as said girl but still)

Actually in the case where a minor and someone now of adult age were together before the older partner turned to a legal adult (example being a 14 year old dating a 17 year old with close birthdays and the year difference between the two lovers is about 3 years or less) they can (with the consent of both partners) can do it without it being illegal. But not if one was say 15 and the other one was already of adult age (or really really close, like weeks or so) BEFORE getting together.

In summary, if your about 3 years apart give or take a week extra, you are not breaking a law as long as you were together before you turned into an adult. But an 18 year old cannot date a 15 year old if the couple weren't together before the guy/girl turned 18.

HS Health: You pick up a little bit of law in between smilie
---
Ugh I wish my body wasn't a mess
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:50:49 13/02/2015 by Windumup
#27 Posted: 09:53:08 13/02/2015

nah man i was responding to the other post while (at first intending to) use your post to add to my own point, hence quoting yours responding to hers

complicated answer to uncomplicated answer: i was responding to her but was inspired by your post to do so

Okay, that's what I thought but I wasn't sure.

And sorry for calling you "he". I didn't know you were a girl.
Horsi Blue Sparx Gems: 950
#28 Posted: 10:07:25 13/02/2015
Quote: UncleBob
Meanwhile, recording police gets you beat up and/or arrested.

This...
---
Look me in the eyes, and tell me I matter.
Carmelita Fox Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12215
#29 Posted: 20:52:38 13/02/2015
why does this loophole even exist
#30 Posted: 21:54:02 13/02/2015

Okay, that's what I thought but I wasn't sure.

And sorry for calling you "he". I didn't know you were a girl.

nah its cool m8
---
tubular
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me