Page 1 of 1
Tablet Version Graphics
bgnome Green Sparx Gems: 346
#1 Posted: 16:41:57 11/02/2015 | Topic Creator
So, it is readily apparent that the tablet version scales graphics settings depending on what tablet you are running it on. However, there are no in-game options to modify the settings. Has anyone else had any success in tweaking the graphics?
Skylander3112 Gold Sparx Gems: 2115
#2 Posted: 20:56:33 11/02/2015
I don't care about graphics as long as gameplay is smooth.
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3988
#3 Posted: 21:30:19 11/02/2015
This is something that is done automatically, you can't control the graphics quality yourself.
---
bye
#4 Posted: 01:52:30 12/02/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: newkill
This is something that is done automatically, you can't control the graphics quality yourself.

Just because it isn't readily available doesn't mean it's not possible. I have SSA running pretty well on my PC with some post-processing shaders.
I am running STT on an unrooted Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 and have dug around the game files a little. There are XML files and IGX files that are easily edited. I have had some success in changing graphics quality but most of those values don't make a lot of sense to me. I was just hoping someone here a little more educated in this area may have already tinkered with this.
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#5 Posted: 03:03:06 12/02/2015
Seems like you are the resident hacker to me. I suspect there is a way to do it...but I doubt you'll get Activision to post a white paper on how to change their copyrighted work. I do wish I had more time to get into the internals of these devices.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
#6 Posted: 04:57:31 12/02/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: GhostRoaster
Seems like you are the resident hacker to me. I suspect there is a way to do it...but I doubt you'll get Activision to post a white paper on how to change their copyrighted work. I do wish I had more time to get into the internals of these devices.

Well, right now, I'm just playing with the demo version. I've managed to start the game at the end credits, which happens to be incredibly long and boring. I've also gotten some sort of depth blur activated where Gulper looks a little out of focus in the opening scene of Soda Springs. My goal is to try and enable the ripple effect on the water as you walk through it.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me