Page 1 of 1
What do you think... [CLOSED]
DanishCynder Green Sparx Gems: 389
#1 Posted: 01:37:12 28/11/2008 | Topic Creator
What qualities do you think would make the best Spyro game ever?
DoTD was a good improvement to the series, but was still laking after you beat the game...
If they are going to make another game, what would you want them to include/change?
---
Tomarrow is Platinum day!!! smilie
Shrazer320 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3564
#2 Posted: 01:39:23 28/11/2008
A better DotD. That game would have been good if they put any actual effort into it. So much potential with such a horrible outcome.
#3 Posted: 01:45:29 28/11/2008 | Topic Creator
Quote: Shrazer320
A better DotD. That game would have been good if they put any actual effort into it. So much potential with such a horrible outcome.

Indeed...But they did only have one year to finish. smilie
---
Cynder_Rox Gold Sparx Gems: 2322
#4 Posted: 01:49:36 28/11/2008
Lots. I would like to bring whole new things into the franchise, including things with Sparx to. I hate that he just floats around; Never helped me find anything. One of the critiques says was expecting Sparx to be some kind of aimer thing. Could be rather cool if done right.

Also, for the storyline, I hope Spyro and Cynder are dead. Now, hold those tomatoes, and think. That could provide something like them being revived from being 'dead,' or however you would like to put it. Might make the game include a more dark fictive. Of course they did that with Malefor which may leave it feel not very fresh, and cliche. It leaves me pondering this idea...

As for the combat and flying.

I would like to see the flying a little easier to control. I, personally, had no problems with it. It was like you were being pulled through the air, which isn't necisarrily a bad thing, but most of the gammers disliked, and it probably should be changed.

For the combat, I'm still trying to find a way to make it less of a button smasher, but steer far from being repeative.

As for the uncovered subjects, I'm still brainstorming. You can do a LOT with the breaths, so I am taking my time with them.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:07:06 28/11/2008 by Cynder_Rox
torok Platinum Sparx Gems: 6123
#5 Posted: 15:27:42 28/11/2008
i would like them to change the ps2/ps3 environments you know not to make one SO PREETY and one so plain
Dragonhope Gold Sparx Gems: 2992
#6 Posted: 16:30:08 28/11/2008
I would want, well, a little bit less EMOTIONAL. Or, improve the ending. Much more better, if they would make the same camera like on ANB and TEN.

I vote for a remake of DotD. Heck, I don't think they ever remade some Spyro games.
---
Gaccha! Tanoshii dyueru dattaze!
[smilie][smiliesmilie][smiliesmilie][smiliesmilie][smiliesmilie]
MasterBlui Emerald Sparx Gems: 3442
#7 Posted: 19:26:05 28/11/2008
I want to swim! smilie
---
Wow, fantastic baby..
Shrazer320 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3564
#8 Posted: 19:45:23 28/11/2008
Quote: DanishCynder
Quote: Shrazer320

Indeed...But they did only have one year to finish. :o

No, they could have delayed it. The testers they had were IDIOTS for saying it was okay or good.
Tango Gold Sparx Gems: 2076
#9 Posted: 20:31:35 28/11/2008
hmmm....

Flying could be changed to make it easier to control, i found it REALLY hard to land in vital moments and was practicly screaming at spyro on the destroyer level.

Combat could be less of button smashing, but combat in DOTD was better than in TEN and ANB

breaths were good, especialy cynders, good original ideas, but maybe breaths for her that are actally elements?

swimimg, defently needed

sparx, could do a little more than the just the joker.

and more clitches, also, a ending where spyro actually defeats the bad guy, whitout going super dooper ultra amazing new form, and a ending where he doesn't kill the badie with a fury, all TLOS games have that...
#10 Posted: 23:51:33 30/11/2008 | Topic Creator
I would change

1. Flying. When flying is put in a game, it is supposed to give a sense of freedom to the player. The flying is too restricted...Like on the destroyer level, it only let's you fly where it wants you too fly.

2. Enviroments. Come on! They look pretty and all but they are too small! Levels like Twilight Falls were Way too small and short. The Valley of Avalar was dissapointing because it looked so much bigger and longer, but I only spent about 20 minutes beating it and it was small and enclosed even though it was one of the biggest levels...

3. Bosses. Almost everyone was expecting better bosses... We saw the Destroyer and the Lava Golem and were expecting an Arborick re-made. Malefor was also a little too easy.

4. Music. Too much reused music! It's okay too reuse some music. The Tall Plains theme fit very well in the Valley of Avalar, but they used way too much old music in some of the levels.

5. Sparx. He is useless...It would be awsome if he could work like Navi did in Zelda and give you hints and information, even the targetting system everyone is talking about.

6. Cynder. I hate her new voice and her personality change in this game! What happened to the cool Cynder from TEN? Her jokes are lame and she's too preppy! Also, she is supposed to be black...not blueish-purple.

7. Swimming. I really would have liked to have seen swimming return.

8. Camera. The camra was horrible!

9. Extras. I would have liked to seen something more than just artwork as a reward for beating the game. They should have put in maybe unlockable skins, or extra bonus levels...

10. Time. The game was far too short, I beat it in about 7 hours. The levels were dissapointingly short too.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:23:14 03/12/2008 by DanishCynder
Crystal Diamond Sparx Gems: 8043
#11 Posted: 01:17:34 01/12/2008
I think they should make the flying a little more easy. Also so you can control your speed and how high or low you fly.
dark_fury912 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3836
#12 Posted: 01:45:05 01/12/2008
But its still a great game.
---
Catchphrase~
Coocie2 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4249
#13 Posted: 01:53:49 01/12/2008
Quote: dark_fury912
But its still a great game.

I dont think so anymore smilie
---
tumblr
not yr babe
Jackson117 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3875
#14 Posted: 02:03:36 01/12/2008
what its not Elder scrolls Where you can fly everywhere
Spyro13570 Blue Sparx Gems: 518
#15 Posted: 06:28:23 01/12/2008
Yeah I agree, could have been alot better, but just as Danish said they only had one year to finish.

(Video games are not easy to make, because you have to draw out the characters from scratch (because of character design change) than render it into a 3D model and especially the scenery considering it wasn't just straight on through, they had to put more effort into the expanse nature of it. Also having to animate the characters with their voices as well as animate and program them in ways to make them do certain things in response to the controls pressed. And this all has to be tweeked a bit from each version).

Putting this into consideration they had a budget as well as a limited amount of time and for that it was a greatly done game because 1 year to do that is pretty short so I say they did a great job despite of this.
---
My Devat account ------->http://dragonhalf13570.deviantart.com/
Robo-Spyro Platinum Sparx Gems: 5908
#16 Posted: 15:47:54 01/12/2008
Quote: MasterBlui
I want to swim! smilie

Go swim then, that is, if you have a pool.
---
no i will not write a signature for you
#17 Posted: 16:12:38 01/12/2008
Quote: Robo-Spyro
Quote: MasterBlui
I want to swim! smilie

Go swim then, that is, if you have a pool.

Uhm.. It's cold now smilie The water in the pool is ice smilie
And I mean I want to swim on new Spyro games smilie
---
Wow, fantastic baby..
Robo-Spyro Platinum Sparx Gems: 5908
#18 Posted: 16:14:41 01/12/2008
The games cannot help you swim.
---
no i will not write a signature for you
Jackson117 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3875
#19 Posted: 06:18:38 02/12/2008
How about we just make spyro in the next SSBB game with rayman and crash
#20 Posted: 06:33:53 02/12/2008
Quote: Robo-Spyro
The games cannot help you swim.

Gahh. I want Spyro to swim?._.
---
Wow, fantastic baby..
Tango Gold Sparx Gems: 2076
#21 Posted: 19:21:17 02/12/2008
if you think about it, all games are amazing. How do they get a moving picture YOU control from a small metel disk? ._.
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#22 Posted: 21:56:50 02/12/2008
I think Sierra should spend more than one year making future Spyro titles. As for stuff to do:

1. Abolish flying: the controls were greatly out of proportion/sync and a major theme of Spyro games is general is that Spyro is not supposed to be good at flying... period.

2. Krome-style combat system: Sorry, Etranges, you guys tried to hard to make the combat system work. With all the grabs, and strong/weak attacks, it just killed everything. And the elemental attacks drained too much mana also, but you needed to use them because they were so much stronger than your physical attacks.

3. Swimming: To be honest, I was impressed at how well climbing went in this game. It was great to bring back climbing! So they should bring back something else from the old Spyro games. >_>

4. Graphics: Too flashy. Too blocky. Too overdone. Everything was too bright and flashy, which is horrible for some of us who can't handle bright lighting very well (sensitive eyes and all that). The graphics were also very blocky (making Spyro look pretty dang ugly) and constant frame-rate issues were a problem on Wii/PS2 versions.

5. Difficulty Levels: Add them. These games were a cake walk. All 5 hours or less of my time to be fully completed. Add in a normal/hard/INSANE LULZ mode to shake things up a bit.

6. More/Harder Bosses: None of those three "bosses" deserve the title. They were wicked easy and very quick to be disposed of. There should be more boss battles and they should be harder.

7. No 2D-style camera: That was horrible. Spyro is not meant to be a 2D-style platformer. It has regularly been defined as a series where the camera is almost always behind you, and can be moved around with ease. I would definitely kept it that way in this game.

8. Soundtrack: The music really lost its charm. It was nowhere near as good as TEN and couldn't put up a fight against ANB. Maybe Steve Jablonsky would be the epic orchestral guy for a culmination game.

9. GAMECUBE CONTROLLER, PLZ: Give me a reason to want the cheaper Wii version. Set aside a few production crew members to make the Gamecube controller an option for this game. ANB was so good. But TEN and DotD they ran out of buttons. C'mon, HAL Labs, SEGA and Sora, Ltd. could do it, why can't you? ;~;

Yeah, that's about it. >.>
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:59:28 02/12/2008 by HIR
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me