darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Trap Team > What are the best "Wow Pow" abilities?
Page 1 of 1
What are the best "Wow Pow" abilities?
Friendzie Blue Sparx Gems: 611
#1 Posted: 21:26:02 10/02/2015 | Topic Creator
I usually don't get excited about series 2+ characters because I rarely find the added Wow Pow abilities to be worth it. There are some exceptions to this. I thought that Sprocket series 2 was essential because it made the tank path more viable, and the tank is the only thing that really makes sprocket unique. However, most of the others you can really do just as well without, and some are flat out useless.

For people who have a lot of series 2, 3 and 4 Skylanders, which ones do you think have the best Wow Pows?
GigaCamo Emerald Sparx Gems: 4288
#2 Posted: 21:31:51 10/02/2015
Stump Smash, Drill Sargent, Camo and Ignitor all had very good ones.
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#3 Posted: 21:35:36 10/02/2015
Look no further than Skull Buddy. Murder for 10 seconds and a viable reason to use Bone Wall as a shield for Hex(instead of an actual attack, but that might just be me risking her health for hilarious results), all in a neat little reused model.
On less OP cases, Sonic Boom's makes it much easier to stay out of trouble and let the babies do damage, since you can summon a giant one and then spam eggs to add up the damage or even keep little ones to help it. Ignitor's also great but depends on what path you use - the blue fire is a great way to keep enemies stunlocked if possible or at least busy to compensate for how long it takes to use the Flame Form or the charged sword slam.

Those are just the ones I have,but I know there are plenty of other notorious ones; probably someone more Tier-savvy might help you with the rest.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:36:36 10/02/2015 by Bifrost
Mesuxelf Ripto Gems: 3666
#4 Posted: 21:46:51 10/02/2015
Quote: GigaCamo
Stump Smash, Drill Sargent, Camo and Ignitor all had very bad ones.

FTFY. I mean, I know that was the joke, but sarcasm can't really be detected over the internet.
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#5 Posted: 21:48:22 10/02/2015
Here I will rate the wow pows~

Drill Sergeants wow pow turns him into an okay character to a very powerful character~
As long as you use the right path of course~ Hold the future cannon, and shoot 1-2 missiles each splitting into 3 more missles... he's very much strong. 3.5/5
~S1 is still good, but unless you take the bottom path, his turret is USELESS. ~

S4 Gill Grunt isn't amazing or anything... I just think it adds more variety to his attacks~ 3/5

Sonic Booms wow pow Giant baby..~ 3.5/5

S3 Knockout Terrafin's wow pow is very good also, even though his S2 may be better, it's nerfed in STT~ 3.5/5

Camo of course... So many melons...~ 4/5

S3 Whirlwind is very good also, ~ 4.5/5

EDIT: I forgot S2 Double Trouble~ 4/5

Quote: Mesuxelf
Quote: GigaCamo
Stump Smash, Drill Sargent, Camo and Ignitor all had very bad ones.

FTFY. I mean, I know that was the joke, but sarcasm can't really be detected over the internet.

wot? His post says good, not bad,...
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 21:50:03 10/02/2015 by Badwolfmichael
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#6 Posted: 22:46:13 10/02/2015
S2 Spyro's is a monster so is Tidal Wave Gill Grunt.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5461
#7 Posted: 23:08:00 10/02/2015
I agree with Bifrost go with series 2 Hex and the enemies will pray for merci
wavesorcerer14 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4873
#8 Posted: 23:40:41 10/02/2015
I think the best Wow Pow is Thorn Horn Camo's. S2 Hex's wow pow is super OP though.
---
"altissima quaeque flumina minimo sono labi."
#9 Posted: 00:08:09 11/02/2015 | Topic Creator
Okay, I have S2 Hex! I have to check her out again because I hadn't touched her in ages. I don't have Thorn Horn Camo, so I will have to pick him up.

Tidal Wave Gill Grunt is actually worth it? Would have never thought. The S3 anchor move had uses, too, if you were able to actually shoot it without getting overwhelmed by enemies.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:08:36 11/02/2015 by Friendzie
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#10 Posted: 01:11:44 11/02/2015
Quote: Friendzie
Okay, I have S2 Hex! I have to check her out again because I hadn't touched her in ages. I don't have Thorn Horn Camo, so I will have to pick him up.

Tidal Wave Gill Grunt is actually worth it? Would have never thought. The S3 anchor move had uses, too, if you were able to actually shoot it without getting overwhelmed by enemies.

He's definately worth it, he gets an op wow-pow and it because of it you no longer have to hold the third attack button to use his jet pack
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
TheShadowDragon Ripto Gems: 2886
#11 Posted: 01:35:23 11/02/2015
My favorite Wow Pows are as followed:

Spyro - Fireslam!
Pop Fizz – Oversize ME!
Trigger Happy – Rocket Ride!
Whirlwind – Rainbow Rush!
Jet-Vac – Shoot the Breeze!
Flameslinger – Speed Demon
Gill Grunt – Ride the Leviathan!
Zap – For Riley
Slam Bam – Sleigh Me
Stealth Elf – Surprise, Tiger!
Zook – Target Lock
Camo – Explosive Harvest!
Hex – Skull Buddy
Cynder – Lightning Rain and Skull-Spolsion!
kaosmumishot Emerald Sparx Gems: 3271
#12 Posted: 06:06:33 11/02/2015
Definitely Whirlwind S2. A weak, boring character originally she is truly awesome with her S2 wow pow, particularly in arena modes etc. Stay just out of reach of enemies and spam the secondary attack and she mows through hordes of villains in no time.
drobot007 Green Sparx Gems: 390
#13 Posted: 06:31:19 11/02/2015
I like smilie 's wow POW.
smilie 's wow POW uses to be good but now it is horrible.
---
Add me on Fortnite: ElmoCaused911
Buuzer Hunter Gems: 6546
#14 Posted: 12:26:04 11/02/2015
How much damage does S2 Double Trouble's Wow pow in Trap Team?
---
smilie smilie smilie youtube.com/user/GOWBuuzer smilie smilie smilie
thumpinator Gold Sparx Gems: 2419
#15 Posted: 15:11:35 11/02/2015
And blizzard Vhills?
StormDragon21 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5550
#16 Posted: 00:40:48 14/02/2015
Slam Bam's Wow Pow gives his third attack an actual use. I'd say that Ninja Stealth Elf also has a pretty good Wow Pow, but she comes in the Swap Force starter pack.
---
"sTORM, my parents just told me something that RUINED MY LIFE. DID YOU KNOW that Smarties have different flavors?!" ~ShadowMewX
Kevin16 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4524
#17 Posted: 23:15:03 19/02/2015
i think Hex's wowpow isnt that great, sure it does much damage but if you get hit then goodbye damage why not just take Bash and charge your tail attack? thats even more OP sinse it takes a shorter time.
---
what even is this site anymore lmao
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#18 Posted: 23:31:32 19/02/2015
Quote: Kevin16
i think Hex's wowpow isnt that great, sure it does much damage but if you get hit then goodbye damage why not just take Bash and charge your tail attack? thats even more OP sinse it takes a shorter time.

Because you don't walk around with Skull Buddy, you create a bone wall to push everything away, go backwards while charging,and right after summoning you create another bone wall just in the range that the skull can shoot. Hex has little to no dodging abilities so you have to rely on enemies missing. By the time the skull shoots they'll be done for anyway, 560 damage is a ton for an area of attack.
Bash's gaia hammer? Yeah, he also loses the attack while being hit,except his attack range is up close and personal with the enemy - if you're not getting killed above Normal you're still taking unecessary damage.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:33:10 19/02/2015 by Bifrost
GhostRoaster617 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3963
#19 Posted: 00:51:23 20/02/2015
Overall most of them are actually good except for most of Swap Force. Sadly only Ninja Stealth Elf, Thorn Horn Camo and Knockout Terrafin were good. Most of the other wow pows had too much charging time and didn't pay off all that well. Trap Team at least made huge improvements over the other wow pows the returning guys had and Fryno and Shroomboom actually got better with theirs.
---
Grave Clobber is back to bury you!
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
wild_defender Green Sparx Gems: 465
#20 Posted: 13:30:18 09/03/2015
Quote: GhostRoaster617
Overall most of them are actually good except for most of Swap Force. Sadly only Ninja Stealth Elf, Thorn Horn Camo and Knockout Terrafin were good. Most of the other wow pows had too much charging time and didn't pay off all that well. Trap Team at least made huge improvements over the other wow pows the returning guys had and Fryno and Shroomboom actually got better with theirs.

I've only recently started looking into reposes but it really does seem like the Giants wow POWs are generally better. I spose it doesn't help that Swapforce did the exact same character reposes ( never made sense to me why) except for Camo and the couple of Giants cores.

Maybe they thought the Giants wow POWs were too game changing or something?
I think VV woulve learnt now though. The series 3 reposes they did arnt very desirable and are still in a lot of my stores gathering dust despite their highly discounted price. Mostly Because most were too soon to be reposed, but also that they weren't improvements on series 2.

Does anyone know how the wow POWs compare for series 2 to series 3 prism break , spyro, cynder and gill grunt ? Thanks
---
Anyone else think Short Cut should be making jokes about running with scissors?
#21 Posted: 02:04:00 17/03/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: wavesorcerer14
I think the best Wow Pow is Thorn Horn Camo's. S2 Hex's wow pow is super OP though.

You were right about Thorn Horn Camo. I think he's one of the best core Skylanders of all time with that Wow Pow. I would have overlooked him if I hadn't made this thread. Thanks to anyone who said Camo!
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 02:04:38 17/03/2015 by Friendzie
wavesorcerer14 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4873
#22 Posted: 02:19:07 17/03/2015
Quote: Friendzie
Quote: wavesorcerer14

You were right about Thorn Horn Camo. I think he's one of the best core Skylanders of all time with that Wow Pow. I would have overlooked him if I hadn't made this thread. Thanks to anyone who said Camo!

I feel so special now! smilie
---
"altissima quaeque flumina minimo sono labi."
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me