darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Trap Team > Wow! I can't believe that just happened...
Page 1 of 1
Wow! I can't believe that just happened...
Operationgamer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1289
#1 Posted: 15:01:22 09/02/2015 | Topic Creator
I was playing Trap Team on my Wii, I got the Dreamchatcher's Health low and right when I had just a few more hits to beat her, the Wii froze, RIGH WHEN I ALMOST BEAT THE CHAPTER. *sigh* There goes 45 or so minutes of my time.
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3988
#2 Posted: 17:35:49 09/02/2015
That's life.
---
bye
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#3 Posted: 17:52:31 09/02/2015
I get that software is getting complex so that these things happen...but I would expect these kind of things more on a PC game where the platform is not as well understood. Speaks to either too many platforms to support (and therefore test) or technical ability/time to get the bugs out.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Friendzie Blue Sparx Gems: 611
#4 Posted: 18:03:43 09/02/2015
Even first party Nintendo games like Zelda Skyward Sword had bugs that could ruin your game. They had to release a program to patch your save file because the Wii isn't capable of having patches for its games. I know that my Wii U version has a patch installed for Trap Team, so they do at least fix some bugs on the newer consoles. I think software is just too complex to not have the option to patch it anymore. There are other examples of this happening to Wii games, too. Trap Team is over 10GB in size; absolutely huge. I think this is just a combination of a lot of factors, but when all is said and done, I'm just not a fan of the original Wii. It's too bad more people aren't buying a Wii U because Nintendo got it right with this console.
spitfirefox Green Sparx Gems: 326
#5 Posted: 19:12:51 09/02/2015
I was halfway through an arena challenge on PS3 and I had to quit because one of the bad guys was sitting in a pipe and I couldn't reach him with my attacks. Sigh. Oh well. it builds character.
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10026
#6 Posted: 19:18:57 09/02/2015
Had a glitch where someone got stuck outside the arena as well on the X360,but eventually it went out of bounds and died like things that fall off the plataforms. Guess there might be spots where it doesn't happen.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:19:12 09/02/2015 by Bifrost
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5023
#7 Posted: 19:30:48 09/02/2015
Quote: Friendzie
Even first party Nintendo games like Zelda Skyward Sword had bugs that could ruin your game. They had to release a program to patch your save file because the Wii isn't capable of having patches for its games. I know that my Wii U version has a patch installed for Trap Team, so they do at least fix some bugs on the newer consoles. I think software is just too complex to not have the option to patch it anymore. There are other examples of this happening to Wii games, too. Trap Team is over 10GB in size; absolutely huge. I think this is just a combination of a lot of factors, but when all is said and done, I'm just not a fan of the original Wii. It's too bad more people aren't buying a Wii U because Nintendo got it right with this console.

the patch is for the online message thing in stt and not bug fixes.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Friendzie Blue Sparx Gems: 611
#8 Posted: 05:12:07 10/02/2015
Quote: CountMoneyBone
Quote: Friendzie

the patch is for the online message thing in stt and not bug fixes.

Well they really ought to fix some bugs then, because even the next-gen consoles still have plenty!
Dark Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2623
#9 Posted: 07:28:51 10/02/2015
I remember somthing that said if you play telescope towers for too long it will freeze on the wii, and to quickly finish the level then go back later and get the collectibles.
---
Psn-Zydren8cookie, FC 3024-5345-8692
drobot007 Green Sparx Gems: 390
#10 Posted: 08:57:53 10/02/2015
I have a Wii and It never did that to me
Wait......
It froze once after I beat the game though. I had just finished masked mind's quest
---
Add me on Fortnite: ElmoCaused911
SparCrux1101 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1898
#11 Posted: 20:26:26 14/02/2015
I hope skylanders 5 has a save mid-game kind of thing, it would get me to play it more.
---
WTB: Molten Hot dog
c/._.c\ Dancin puddin /b._.\b
Eruptor100 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1446
#12 Posted: 20:50:45 14/02/2015
Remember in sky 3 how they said it saved every 30 mins or so.

There are so many advantages and disadvantages.
---
Stick em up!
Credit to big green
Wally-Gang Gold Sparx Gems: 2987
#13 Posted: 11:01:39 15/02/2015
Quote: Dark Snap Shot
I remember somthing that said if you play telescope towers for too long it will freeze on the wii, and to quickly finish the level then go back later and get the collectibles.

You have to get through the entire chapter in 15 minutes. Going to take a few runs to get everything.
---
"Come rang or shine"
Still troubled by him speaking
Operationgamer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1289
#14 Posted: 16:46:17 28/02/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: Wally-Gang
Quote: Dark Snap Shot

You have to get through the entire chapter in 15 minutes. Going to take a few runs to get everything.

Thanks for that. I may as well mention this in my thoughts video/review when I make it.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me