Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
xXBeavcoonXx Gold Sparx Gems: 2628
#4 Posted: 14:52:39 09/02/2015
Yeesh... that trap is just... No.
---
now its time to get funky
myskylanders Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#5 Posted: 15:01:12 09/02/2015
dark52 posted the pic a little earlier in a different thread because he got the press release sooner (the translation to german takes some time). Just wanted to add this so nobody thinks I copied it.

There will also be a special Trap Team Tablet Edition packaging for the US which can be painted with the included Crayola Crayons:

[User Posted Image]
---
- http://www.myskylanders.de All Skylanders related in German
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:01:42 09/02/2015 by myskylanders
wideawakewesley Emerald Sparx Gems: 3281
#6 Posted: 15:25:52 09/02/2015
A bit more news, physical Skystones cards!!!

---
Contributor to Family Gamer TV - http://www.familygamer.tv/
Follow me on twitter - http://www.twitter.com/wideawakewesley
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8246
#7 Posted: 15:34:41 09/02/2015
OMG, that bunny trap is just adorable. I just might get it.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#8 Posted: 15:49:30 09/02/2015
That Weeruptor looks excellent for some reason.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
obidawsn Gold Sparx Gems: 2901
#9 Posted: 15:53:52 09/02/2015
Quote: AdamGregory03
That Weeruptor looks excellent for some reason.

You mean eggsellent smilie
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#10 Posted: 16:04:20 09/02/2015
So it's a bunny!!! I wondered what that trap was supposed to be.
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5461
#11 Posted: 16:15:54 09/02/2015
I ADORE Eggscelent Weeruptor, but I hate Power Punch Pet-Vac. I hope they all come in seperate packs I don't want to buy Power Punch Pet-Vac or the trap because it probably doesn't do anything special in-game.
myskylanders Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#12 Posted: 16:40:12 09/02/2015
No worries, they come in seperate packs, you don't have to buy Power Punch Pet-Vac if you don't want him. They have different EANs.
---
- http://www.myskylanders.de All Skylanders related in German
#13 Posted: 16:44:06 09/02/2015
Quote: myskylanders
No worries, they come in seperate packs, you don't have to buy Power Punch Pet-Vac if you don't want him. They have different EANs.

Thank goodnes
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#14 Posted: 18:34:38 09/02/2015
Did I understand correctly that the trap and two minis are going to be packaged together?

EDIT: Sounds like all three are unique items.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:35:23 09/02/2015 by GhostRoaster
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10026
#15 Posted: 18:44:26 09/02/2015
The minis have a pretty cute color scheme,but the Upside Down trap is kinda terrifying.It is the closest mold to a bunny,though,so not much can be done there.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#16 Posted: 18:48:14 09/02/2015
Yeah, that was a bit of a stretch.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
xXBeavcoonXx Gold Sparx Gems: 2628
#17 Posted: 19:03:28 09/02/2015
Am I the Bolt one that hates that trap...?
---
now its time to get funky
#18 Posted: 19:16:18 09/02/2015
Quote: xXBeavcoonXx
Am I the Bolt one that hates that trap...?

Don't know the bolt part but I never liked Upside Down in general. It doesn't feel like it fits a single villain, even if some are even wackier looking.
---
fairyland Emerald Sparx Gems: 3800
#19 Posted: 19:54:25 09/02/2015
A total pass for me. I never cared for the little Skylanders and I didn't buy any of those. Same for the various trap molds, just one per element is good enough. I had expected the Frito chip Skylanders to get the Easter packing like Punk Shock and crew last year and perhaps a mega rare flocked High Five. Oh well! Less stuff for me to worry about getting.
---
Stay Cool!
#20 Posted: 19:58:36 09/02/2015
I just had the best idea in skylanders history! What if the trap gives all the earth villains inside BUNNY EARS! Imagine Golden Queen with bunny ears smilie
#21 Posted: 20:09:26 09/02/2015
Quote: Deja Vu
I just had the best idea in skylanders history! What if the trap gives all the earth villains inside BUNNY EARS! Imagine Golden Queen with bunny ears smilie

There's a hat from SSA that does exactly that,Wabbit Ears.Though like most of the other ones you probably can only see it with her back turned to you.
---
DM235 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1678
#22 Posted: 20:11:31 09/02/2015

That would have been awesome. Considering they already have hats in the game, a special bunny ear hat does not sound like a stretch.

Now if it also made them shoot Easter eggs...
#23 Posted: 20:12:04 09/02/2015
Quote: Bifrost

There's a hat from SSA that does exactly that,Wabbit Ears.Though like most of the other ones you probably can only see it with her back turned to you.

I forgot about those
Insane01 Gold Sparx Gems: 2038
#24 Posted: 20:19:57 09/02/2015
I translated that article gillgrunt32 found on myskylanders.de
I hope everyone will get the idea

"Eggscellent Weerutptor, Power Punch Pet-Vac and Easter Trap - A Picture Without Words

Okay, there were seven possibilities closed
Nevertheless, I found the picture of this year's Easter Variants without having a big introduction.
Although 'Commentary from Chris' (me) don't mind the products.
By the way, product release is still unclear, but realistically, the product should be out in around 2 weeks. "

I hope that is correct, myskylanders, so Europe has an idea of when they come out
---
" Am I the mad one or are you?"
then, again, "we're all mad here
"
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#25 Posted: 20:22:52 09/02/2015
Wow..

Just.. wow...

I'm totally getting that trap.
drobot007 Green Sparx Gems: 390
#26 Posted: 20:32:13 09/02/2015
That trap is so cool
I have already got an earth orb but ok I will get that trap.
---
Add me on Fortnite: ElmoCaused911
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#27 Posted: 20:52:12 09/02/2015
The cards look interesting, let's hope they will get release in Europe.
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
Friendzie Blue Sparx Gems: 611
#28 Posted: 21:46:11 09/02/2015
Are those in-game variants? I'm having enough trouble justifying buying any minis at all, but now Easter variants of minis I don't even want the normal version of? Meh! Wish they would have made an Easter variant of just about any other core Skylanders because I have been loving the Trap Team cores.
#29 Posted: 22:13:50 09/02/2015
I'm getting them all.
---
"
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#30 Posted: 22:18:24 09/02/2015
Quote: Friendzie
Are those in-game variants? I'm having enough trouble justifying buying any minis at all, but now Easter variants of minis I don't even want the normal version of? Meh! Wish they would have made an Easter variant of just about any other core Skylanders because I have been loving the Trap Team cores.

Eggsellent Weeruptor and Power punch Pet-Vac are in-game variants, yes,~
Not sure about the trap, but I'm guessing it is an in-game variant, if not I don't see the point in getting it...
#31 Posted: 01:02:12 10/02/2015
It is, Badwolf. It has Red Hot Tussle Sprout variant. Hopefully it will be better handled than Rebel Lob Goblin Trap.
Biggest fail is Outlaw Brawl N Chain trap. I still see a bunch of them at just about every Target I go to
---
"
Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#32 Posted: 01:23:33 10/02/2015
lol that trap is hideous lol. Still kind of bummed about no Jade Skylander this year. A Jade Wallop would have been amazing.
wild_defender Green Sparx Gems: 465
#33 Posted: 11:54:43 10/02/2015
dark52 posted the pic a little earlier in a different thread because he got the press release sooner (the translation to german takes some time). Just wanted to add this so nobody thinks I copied it.

There will also be a special Trap Team Tablet Edition packaging for the US which can be painted with the included Crayola Crayons:

[User Posted Image]

It seems a bit Late to be releasing this now .

Maybe they are gonna use this colour technology a lot more for the next skylanders app game or something.

I wouldn't be surprised if the next skylanders game released enables us to colour New skylanders the way we want in game. smilie
---
Anyone else think Short Cut should be making jokes about running with scissors?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:56:00 10/02/2015 by wild_defender
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#34 Posted: 12:56:07 10/02/2015
Quote: Insane01
It is, Badwolf. It has Red Hot Tussle Sprout variant. Hopefully it will be better handled than Rebel Lob Goblin Trap.
Biggest fail is Outlaw Brawl N Chain trap. I still see a bunch of them at just about every Target I go to

No, Red Hot Tussle Sprout has not been confirmed to be on the trap.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
#35 Posted: 13:55:29 10/02/2015
Quote: wild_defender

[User Posted Image]

Maybe they are gonna use this colour technology a lot more for the next skylanders app game or something.

I wouldn't be surprised if the next skylanders game released enables us to colour New skylanders the way we want in game. smilie

And upload it to be judged and/or used in a future in game variant? Now that would be a neat contest! I could really see this feature being really cool to kids.
---
#36 Posted: 16:18:04 10/02/2015
Skylanders Kicks off Mornings and Brightens Up Playtime With Exciting New Offerings From General Mills and Crayola
8:01 AM ET 2/9/15 | BusinessWire

--New Love Potion Pop Fizz Toy Timed for Valentine's Day and Easter Toys Join the Skylanders Trap Team Lineup

Activision Publishing, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ:ATVI), announced today exciting products from partners General Mills and Crayola(R) that will bring new Skylanders(R) experiences to fans. Starting this month, fans in North America can start their mornings by playing an interactive version of the popular Skylanders Skystones mini-game via specially-marked Big G cereal boxes. Portal Masters also can be on the lookout for Skylanders(R) Trap Team Crayola Color Alive! Starter Packs in April that will allow kids to bring their coloring to life. Additionally, new Valentine's Day and springtime Skylanders Trap Team toys also have been unveiled in anticipation of New York Toy Fair.

"We're excited to extend our relationships with General Mills and Crayola for yet another year," said Ashley Maidy, vice president of global licensing and partnerships at Activision Publishing, Inc. "Both brands are category leaders and have long been a mainstay for kids around the world. We believe these partnerships match the affinity our fans express for the Skylanders franchise."

Beginning February 14, General Mills will bring the fan-favorite Skylanders Skystones game to select Big G cereal boxes, marking Activision's first entry into the cereal category. Available at participating retailers across North America, fans will find Skylanders Skystones packs inside boxes of Honey Nut Cheerios, Cinnamon Toast Crunch, Reese's Puffs, Trix, Lucky Charms and more while supplies last. There are four sets of Skylanders Skystones to collect, and each set contains 10 cards, two of which are ultra-powerful "boss" villain cards that will unlock exclusive content in the free Skylanders Collection Vault(TM) app. Skylanders Skystones is a popular head-to-head mini-game found in Skylanders Trap Team and other previous Skylanders games.

"As one of the most popular kids videogame franchises in the world, Skylanders was an obvious choice as a partner for Big G interactive cereal boxes," said Lisa Kessel, manager of Big G. "We are thrilled to have the opportunity to partner with Activision to bring Skylanders Skystones cards to the breakfast table, adding even more fun to the cereals that fans already know and love."

Additionally, special Crayola edition of the Skylanders Trap Team Starter Pack will be available on store shelves in early April 2015. The limited edition packaging will feature unique black and white line art of Skylanders characters for Portal Masters to color using Crayola's Magic Crayons included in the Starter Pack. Fans can then watch the characters come alive on their smartphones or tablets using Crayola's new Color Alive! 4D Experience augmented reality technology. This limited Starter Pack will be exclusively available at Toys"R"Us for the suggested retail price of $74.99 on Xbox 360(TM) video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, Nintendo's Wii(TM) system, Nintendo's Wii U(TM) system, PlayStation(R) 3 computer entertainment system and select iPad(R), Kindle Fire and Android tablets.

"We are thrilled to expand our partnership with Activision and bring the hugely popular Skylanders characters into the new, innovative Crayola Color Alive! franchise," said Warren Schorr, vice president of licensing at Crayola. "Activision shares the same passion as Crayola to bring creative experiences to kids around the world, and with Skylanders as one of the premiere titles in Color Alive!, kids can have limitless fun customizing their favorite characters and bringing them to life."

Fans also can enjoy their Skylanders characters in a new way with Crayola's Color Alive! Skylanders coloring book, available now for a limited time on store shelves nationwide. Children can activate the special Crayola 4D Experience(TM) through the Color Alive! app by aiming their mobile phone or tablet camera at the coloring page to bring their unique Skylanders drawings to life. The included Magic Crayon transforms coloring by activating special effects through drawing on the page in real-time. Kids also can interact and take photos with the coloring book characters. The Color Alive! app is available on iPad, Android and Windows smartphones and tablets, as well as iPod(R) Touch.

In addition to the exciting new offerings from General Mills and Crayola, Activision is bringing several special edition toys to the Skylanders Trap Team roster. Just in time for Valentine's Day, Love Potion Pop Fizz - a wild-and-crazy, potion-brewing hero from Skylands - is available now and features a limited edition design both in-game and on the toy.

Parents looking for the perfect toys to include in Easter baskets can get their hands on the springtime editions of fully playable, pocket-sized Skylanders Minis toys, Power Punch Pet-Vac and Eggsellent Weeruptor. This year, Pet-Vac is aiming to break the all-time Skylander record for number of eggs collected, while Eggsellent Weeruptor has disguised himself as a candy-coated egg, having been chosen as the mascot in the Skylands Annual Dragon Egg Hunt. Lastly, Portal Masters can now use the new limited edition Earth Trap, inspired by the Easter Bunny, to trap Skylands' most notorious villains.

Skylanders has sold through more than 240 million toys(2), outselling all top action-figure lines worldwide in 2014 for the third consecutive year(3).

About the Skylanders(R) Franchise

The award-winning, $3 billion Skylanders videogame franchise(1) featuring the Toys to Life interactive figures, portal and accessories that seamlessly bridge the physical and virtual worlds across multiple platforms, debuted in 2011 with Skylanders(R) Spyro's Adventure. In October 2012, Skylanders(R) Giants expanded interactivity with its mega-sized Giant Skylanders collectible figures and LightCore(R) characters. Skylanders(R) SWAP Force(TM) launched in October 2013 and introduced an all-new play pattern - swapability. Skylanders was the top selling kids' videogame franchise of 2014(1) worldwide and is the 15th best-selling videogame franchise of all timea'. Skylanders(R) Trap Teamfurther enhances the capabilities of the Toys to Life figures, Traps, and an advanced Traptanium Portal(TM) allowing kids to reverse the magic by pulling characters out of the digital world into the physical world. For more information, please visit: www.skylanders.com and Activision.com/presscenter.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:18:19 10/02/2015 by GhostRoaster
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#37 Posted: 19:28:00 10/02/2015
Quote: wild_defender

[User Posted Image]

I doubt it.

If they keep it simple (like selecting from 3 or 4 predefined options), then it's ok.

But if they'll let you freely customize their look, they would automatically kill the whole palette swaps concept.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Troll Slug Ripto Gems: 2054
#38 Posted: 22:35:39 10/02/2015
Quote: Matteomax

Awww. That would be awesome!
Chaotic Lunacy Green Sparx Gems: 476
#39 Posted: 01:39:32 11/02/2015

Red Hot Tussle Sprout is a different trap, all by itself.
And it's exclusive to TRU (in the US).
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:55:39 11/02/2015 by Chaotic Lunacy
TheShadowDragon Ripto Gems: 2886
#40 Posted: 02:39:53 11/02/2015
I always thought that Upside-Down Trap looked like a rabbit.
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#41 Posted: 06:55:00 11/02/2015
Quote: TheShadowDragon
I always thought that Upside-Down Trap looked like a rabbit.

Me too.

It took me way more then it should have, to realize the "ears" were legs.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3511
#42 Posted: 15:39:06 11/02/2015
Quote: Chaotic Lunacy

So wait, does the rabbit trap have a TRU exclusive pack with Red Hot Tussle Sprout, or is it a completely different trap sculpt? Have you seen the sculpt yet?
BP Blue Sparx Gems: 631
#43 Posted: 16:45:13 11/02/2015
I have seen a scan from Activision that has pictures of the packaging for each of the 3 Easter figures, and the bunny trap packaging does not say anything about a special villian that is trapped inside. It may for TRU or Game Stop, but the packaging pictures I recieved from Activision look like it is a plain 'ol Earth Trap.
#44 Posted: 17:16:11 11/02/2015
Quote: TrapShadowFan
Quote: Chaotic Lunacy

So wait, does the rabbit trap have a TRU exclusive pack with Red Hot Tussle Sprout, or is it a completely different trap sculpt? Have you seen the sculpt yet?

No, Red Hot Tussle Sprout is different trap, not included with this set.
It will be $6.99.

Don't know which sculpt yet though.
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3511
#45 Posted: 17:25:06 11/02/2015
Quote: BP
I have seen a scan from Activision that has pictures of the packaging for each of the 3 Easter figures, and the bunny trap packaging does not say anything about a special villian that is trapped inside. It may for TRU or Game Stop, but the packaging pictures I recieved from Activision look like it is a plain 'ol Earth Trap.

Can you post pics or not? Even if you can't, I'll just assume the packaging looks like an egg again smilie
wild_defender Green Sparx Gems: 465
#46 Posted: 20:39:12 11/02/2015
This site says that there's a special Easter pack and tussle sprout is seperate product.

http://ghostroaster.com/2015/0...a-starter-pack/
---
Anyone else think Short Cut should be making jokes about running with scissors?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:40:03 11/02/2015 by wild_defender
#47 Posted: 20:48:37 11/02/2015
If you go on Ghostroaster.com, click on the article about the Easter Skylanders. Read the article and as you scroll down, there's a picture of a page from TRU listing incoming items. A green arrow points to the two Easter items. The Easter trap is being sold separately & will contain the Tussle Sprout variant. Not sure if the minis are being sold together or separately
---
"
#48 Posted: 21:13:22 11/02/2015
If you go on Ghostroaster.com, click on the article about the Easter Skylanders. Read the article and as you scroll down, there's a picture of a page from TRU listing incoming items. A green arrow points to the two Easter items. The Easter trap is being sold separately & will contain the Tussle Sprout variant. Not sure if the minis are being sold together or separately

The Easter pack assortment consists of the Easter trap, Power Punch Pet vac, and Eggscellent Weeruptor.

In fact here are the UPC

Easter trap, 047875874046
Power Punch pet vac, 047875871168
Eggcellent Weeruptor, 047875871298

Here is the Upc for the
Red Hot Tussle Sprout trap, 047875874091

Since the variant villain is exclusive to TRU is seems highly unlikely they would use the same trap for both,
would be very confusing.

Also i don't think the Easter pack is exclusive to TRU.
BP Blue Sparx Gems: 631
#49 Posted: 22:47:46 11/02/2015
Quote: TrapShadowFan
Quote: BP

Can you post pics or not? Even if you can't, I'll just assume the packaging looks like an egg again smilie

I don't know if I can post pictures, as it came as part of a vendor update and I don't know what I can and can't release from that. However, I can tell you that the packaging looks almost exactly like the Easter packaging from last year, only smaller (because it is for traps and minis instead of full size figures).
dark52 Spyro the Admin Gems: 13909
#50 Posted: 22:50:58 11/02/2015
Found these pictures of the packaging:

[User Posted Image][User Posted Image][User Posted Image]

And a European release date of March 16th.

[User Posted Image][User Posted Image]
---
If for any reason you're not completely satisfied, I hate you.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 23:01:23 11/02/2015 by dark52
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me