darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Trap Team > What will make you NOT BUY Skylanders 5
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
What will make you NOT BUY Skylanders 5
SlinkySlinks Yellow Sparx Gems: 1114
#51 Posted: 23:39:30 09/02/2015
Quote: GigaCamo
Nothing. I'm getting Skylanders 5 no matter what they do with it.

Agreed! smilie
---
"Boop!"
Swag Gold Sparx Gems: 2435
#52 Posted: 00:25:50 10/02/2015
1. If theres a million things to buy
2. no backwards compatibility
---
I'm Childish
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#53 Posted: 09:10:02 10/02/2015
If... Acti cancel it? Honestly, I can't think of anything unless they stop backwards compability with most of the Skylanders or the reviews sound bad. If Traps stopped working, that would also bother me tons, but that wouldn't be nearly as bad as loss of compatability with old Skylanders.

I'm getting kinda bored of the franchise, but not to the point I won't at least buy the starter pack and beat each game, or try to collect a version of each character and get what I need for 100%.

Now, the 3DS version, that's a different story. I'm wary of the next one because it feels like the engine is struggling to run when I play TT 3DS and for the most part, everything beyond 3DSSA is lacklustre. I also liked TT 3DS less than 3DSSF and, not only do the 3DS games barely chage, but are swaying more and more towards bland puzzles and interruptive cutscenes in an attempt to imitate the console versions. Sometimes they just make me ache to play the superior console counterparts.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 12:54:24 10/02/2015 by Arc of Archives
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#54 Posted: 13:51:39 10/02/2015
^This is probably how I REALLY feel, but the short change in TT has left me a bit bitter. To your point the franchise needs some "fresh" and changing core game mechanics (story mode, online) will go a long way in keeping us locked in. I'll probably at least get the starter pack of all efforts, but everything else is contingent on how they push the game further along.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Street50 Gold Sparx Gems: 2060
#55 Posted: 15:03:52 10/02/2015
I would have said nothing came to mind but right off the bat I saw Derks mention if old skylanders weren't compatible... Yeah if old skylanders weren't compatible then there would be no chance i'd consider getting skylanders 5.
DaMadNes Blue Sparx Gems: 944
#56 Posted: 16:31:00 10/02/2015
I have stayed true to my word and not purchased any trap team stuff because my old core-landers cannot open elemental gates, cannot battle in PVP, cannot do heroics, don't have a cap increase to attain, or quests.

I will continue my boycott with skylanders 5 if I don't get some content for my existing collection.

I would have sold it off and been done with skylanders altogether, except buyers expect you to take a bath on the deal.
GamerDrone Emerald Sparx Gems: 3287
#57 Posted: 19:00:48 10/02/2015
My kids saying they aren't interested in new game would make me NOT buy Skylanders 5. As it stands now, I will be buying it. Although, with each new game, there are items I will not buy. Generally, I don't purchase reposes or lightcores. Exceptions occur when repose is included with other figure or lightcore has additional aspect, like Legendary Lightcore Chill. LLC falls under the variant banner and those I do purchase.
StormDragon21 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5550
#58 Posted: 23:40:46 13/02/2015
I might not get it if they get rid of Skystones and don't support traps or increase the maximum level, but I definitely won't get it if old figures don't work in the game.
---
"sTORM, my parents just told me something that RUINED MY LIFE. DID YOU KNOW that Smarties have different flavors?!" ~ShadowMewX
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me