darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Trap Team > What will make you NOT BUY Skylanders 5
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
What will make you NOT BUY Skylanders 5
MetaVolca Green Sparx Gems: 464
#1 Posted: 22:09:53 08/02/2015 | Topic Creator
So, we know Sky 5 is coming, and in the fall, but we know nothing about it. So, i would like to hear what will tick you guys off so much that you don't buy the 5th game.

For me, it would probably be
1 Traps not usable
2 NO PVP IF THEY DONT BRING THAT BACK ILL-ILL----AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH
3 Only the new gimmick, which i hope there isn't one, can open gates and other areas.
---
"On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." Satoru Iwata, 1959-2015
GigaCamo Emerald Sparx Gems: 4288
#2 Posted: 22:15:37 08/02/2015
Nothing. I'm getting Skylanders 5 no matter what they do with it.
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5461
#3 Posted: 22:20:42 08/02/2015
Quote: GigaCamo

Same for me, but I would be REALLY upset if they don't bring back PVP
I'd also be sad if they don't bring back minis, they've made a way into my heart
Actually there is ONE reason why I wouldn't buy skylanders 5: if they don't repose Deja Vu or Hex... I know it sounds silly but I'm serious
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#4 Posted: 22:25:45 08/02/2015
All the following things together:
- traps not being supported;
- if it changes too much (becoming a first person game, introducing vehicles as the main part of the game or changing too much its style);

Not sure if not supporting old characters would also count.
I'm still thinking a lot about it.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:29:49 08/02/2015 by Drek95
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10026
#5 Posted: 22:27:57 08/02/2015
1. No fowards compatibility
2. Bringing back Kaos' mom

And those are ragequit things, not just what will make me skip the game. Whatever else happens, I'll follow, but it'll take a very good job from VV for me to start saving up. If the above two happen though, there will be no hype and not one CHANCE of me being interested in the game save whatever characters look good.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:28:09 08/02/2015 by Bifrost
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#6 Posted: 22:32:11 08/02/2015
I'll probably still get the game regardless, but I'm gonna be mighty ticked if traps aren't supported.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
ImDoubleTrouble Gold Sparx Gems: 2435
#7 Posted: 22:39:30 08/02/2015
I'm not saying that I won't buy it because of the following but it will be a real shame and may impact my decision to further support the game via more money spending.
1. No support for all previously released characters.
2. No PVP battle mode.
3. Traps no longer being supported.
4. Elemental gates can't be opened by the cores or the trap masters.
5. They bring back Rufus! smilie
6. They keep kaos as the villain.
7. They don't bring online.
---
smilie Ooga BOO! smilie
#8 Posted: 22:50:54 08/02/2015
Quote: ImDoubleTrouble
I'm not saying that I won't buy it because of the following but it will be a real shame and may impact my decision to further support the game via more money spending.
1. No support for all previously released characters.
2. No PVP battle mode.
3. Traps no longer being supported.
4. Elemental gates can't be opened by the cores or the trap masters.
5. They bring back Rufus! smilie
6. They keep kaos as the villain.
7. They don't bring online.

...Why would that impact your decision?
---
Check this out! Please?
ImDoubleTrouble Gold Sparx Gems: 2435
#9 Posted: 22:52:12 08/02/2015
its about time they add a new final boss, hes beginning to get on my nerves with his big ego.
---
smilie Ooga BOO! smilie
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5023
#10 Posted: 23:02:32 08/02/2015
Quote: MetaVolca
So, we know Sky 5 is coming, and in the fall, but we know nothing about it. So, i would like to hear what will tick you guys off so much that you don't buy the 5th game.

For me, it would probably be
1 Traps not usable
2 NO PVP IF THEY DONT BRING THAT BACK ILL-ILL----AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH
3 Only the new gimmick, which i hope there isn't one, can open gates and other areas.

i prefer to wait before release to make my complains. i dont see any point to complain now, its a bit to early.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:35:15 09/02/2015 by CountMoneyBone
Medicus Gold Sparx Gems: 2405
#11 Posted: 23:08:45 08/02/2015
I'll get the game no matter what(Unless they turn it into a game to teach kids their ABCs but cmon....)
I might not get most the new characters if they are VV again.
I'll get a lot of them but not all of them..............
---
Hello There, Old Friends!
Insane01 Gold Sparx Gems: 2038
#12 Posted: 23:08:46 08/02/2015
Of ImDouble Trouble's reasons, don't really care for #2 or #7, but the others I agree on.
Bifrost, agree with you on #1.
Drek, agree with #2
MetaVolca, agree with #1 & #3
I am more than likely get it, especially what they'll come out with.
Indifferent to PvP & online, since I don't have online access.
Ought to stop doing reposes, but that's only my opinion, & concentrate on not only new characters but gameplay as well. VV not only needs to impress us with a game that has plenty of content as well as a strong story. Fighting Kaos every time as the final boss is boring and tiresome. 4 games have past with him as the final boss to fight. He's trapped and on our side. KEEP IT THAT WAY!!
Create a new final boss villain, or bring someone from one of the first three games back. Or go even further & bring someone from Spyro's past. Malefor's an excellent example because he's dealt with Spyro, Hex & Cynder. There are so many villains they can choose from other than Kaos.
Get rid of Eon's Elite...too expensive. Rather put the money to an expansion pack, even if it sucks.
Every GameStop I go to, they aren't selling as fast as they expected.
I prefer NHR or LB, or CTL any time over an EE. Plus most of the Legendary figures are peg warmers. Both of my TRUs have tons of Legendary Déjà Vu and Jawbreakers as well as quite a few Legendary Nightmare Express packs.. The Nitros have always been the better sellers. Look how high they got on EBay & Amazon
---
" Am I the mad one or are you?"
then, again, "we're all mad here
"
Bankes102 Green Sparx Gems: 287
#13 Posted: 23:17:46 08/02/2015
1. Old figures not compatible.
2. Not adding heroics or some kind of character building tasks.
3. Online play not added.
4. Over use of the word "Boom" Flynn was enjoyable prior to trap team.
5. Not increasing level cap.

Honestly unless they really improve on the last installment, I am done with this franchise. I have dumped a ton of money into these figures. I have had no reason to touch 95% of them in the last game. My kids enjoyed the traps but the game did not keep their interest. I enjoy leveling and building my characters, but since that ALL went out the window... I'm not investing another dime.
#14 Posted: 23:47:38 08/02/2015
Quote: ImDoubleTrouble
its about time they add a new final boss, hes beginning to get on my nerves with his big ego.

I guess to each their own. Personally, that's what I love about the guy.
---
Check this out! Please?
mastermc54 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3448
#15 Posted: 00:01:32 09/02/2015

As an invested fan of the franchise, I will get Sky 5, but am willing to wait until the $25 or less price point if they do a rush job of the game or there are a lot of complaints AFTER launch (too many people who complain about a game prior to launch around here by over watching gameplay videos ticks me off)...the number one thing I ask for is keeping forwards compatibility of old figures. Luckily, the figure and gimmick investment for me will come after purchasing the actual game/starter pack which will most definitely not be on launch day. I know all monetary logic and reason goes out the door with some true fans who must go to the midnight launch and buy everything available at launch, but I feel like I didn't miss out on anything at all patiently waiting to get everything from Trap Team at my own pace (except light/dark packs which I did get on the first day of their launch).
#16 Posted: 00:01:59 09/02/2015
I definately love Kaos' character, but he really had his deserved climax,at least for a few games. Maybe let him think on the existencial crisis the credits caused him this game, and in 2-3 games he comes back even more out for your IRL blood after people think he's done for good.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 00:02:53 09/02/2015 by Bifrost
kaosmumishot Emerald Sparx Gems: 3271
#17 Posted: 00:20:17 09/02/2015
  1. Not bringing back Kaos' mum.
  2. Nerfing the Eon's Elite characters.

I have purchased a couple of Elite characters. If these are not just as powerful in Skylanders 5 I will not be buying it. Although I would consider Skylanders 6 and simply skipping what might be another crap VV entry, providing Skylanders 6 supported full powered Elite characters.
mantez Emerald Sparx Gems: 3167
#18 Posted: 00:34:29 09/02/2015
Not being able to use old characters and I would likely drop the franchise. However anything else I will still buy the starter pack and just use my old figures. If the new gimmick is good I will buy into it again.
---
Gullible is not in the dictionary.
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#19 Posted: 00:45:21 09/02/2015
I spend way too much money on Skylanders... this is the first time I don't have almost every character from wach wave since Giants.

I'm low on money, and frankly, I think I'm outgrowing the franchise.

STT is my last "real" game where I buy the figures.

I'll wait a year and get Sky 5 when its like $20
Friendzie Blue Sparx Gems: 611
#20 Posted: 00:49:11 09/02/2015
I could deal with traps not working, although I think they should have some functionality, but the main thing that would make me think about quitting the series is if the older characters don't work. Even some of them. If I can't use Dino-Rang or Voodood, I'll be really upset. It would be a terrible precedent.
ExcitonKnight Gold Sparx Gems: 2753
#21 Posted: 00:57:57 09/02/2015
The lack of backwards compatibility paired with other really stupid decisions would probably drive me away.
---
Merry Christmas ya filthy animal
#22 Posted: 01:03:22 09/02/2015
Quote: Badwolfmichael
I spend way too much money on Skylanders... this is the first time I don't have almost every character from wach wave since Giants.

PAH-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Hee hee hee hee... ha ha ha...

Hee hee ha ha ha hee ha... Yeah... That's not happening...
---
Check this out! Please?
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#23 Posted: 01:11:08 09/02/2015
Quote: AdamGregory03
Quote: Badwolfmichael

PAH-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Hee hee hee hee... ha ha ha...

Hee hee ha ha ha hee ha... Yeah... That's not happening...

But it's happened every year before this..
#24 Posted: 01:51:02 09/02/2015
You can get the game and portal for around $20 for Trap Team. Brand new it's $40 with the full set of figures and such. You definitely save a ton of money if you wait to buy the starter pack.
#25 Posted: 01:52:59 09/02/2015
Really? Huh, well I've been living under a rock.
---
Check this out! Please?
Spinall4 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1019
#26 Posted: 02:13:36 09/02/2015
No pvp again and i'm out. Trap team FAIL!! And would be nice to see a good wireless portal if there's a new one.
---
I have an unopened molten hot dog,s2 Bash,QDRS,HFR and flocked STTh . Looking for granite crusher,polar whirlwind,volcanic vault and other rares.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:18:20 09/02/2015 by Spinall4
GinjaNinja Gold Sparx Gems: 2604
#27 Posted: 02:37:44 09/02/2015
The only real thing to make me 100% not buy it is if it doesn't come out. Which it is. So I'm all set.
Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#28 Posted: 02:38:37 09/02/2015
If they suddenly announce that the old one no longer work...I doubt that will happen.

Other than that I'm actually excited that V.V. is back at the helm. I'm not expecting traps to work and I will totally gripe about Trap Team having the first paid for peripheral that wasn't future forward. I hope they do though.
#29 Posted: 02:54:26 09/02/2015
Quote: AdamGregory03
Really? Huh, well I've been living under a rock.

You'd have to go through eBay to get the $20 price. It's $40 on Amazon though.
GhostRoaster617 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3963
#30 Posted: 03:07:25 09/02/2015

You said it buddy, but I can say there are things that can make me dislike the game if not there. Like the reposes I want, No pvp, not that long a game, no use in traps and smilie coming back for another repose and taking away spots for water Skylanders yet again.
---
Grave Clobber is back to bury you!
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
BumbleB Green Sparx Gems: 258
#31 Posted: 03:30:23 09/02/2015
Honestly my biggest thing is level cap. Seriously I need some sort of reason to play with my old characters. I mean I use them still but they get boring much quicker having no official use.

Also, villians not being playable. I only bought one trap per element and I think that is a big investment to not get to play them. I could not imagine have 40 whatever traps and having them be useless.
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3988
#32 Posted: 03:48:12 09/02/2015
"What will make you NOT BUY Skylanders 5"

Nothing, unless the game is total crap for some odd reason.
---
bye
JayjeA Blue Sparx Gems: 636
#33 Posted: 03:59:24 09/02/2015
They will have to do something RREEEEEAAALLLYY BBAAAAAAAAADDDD to make me not buy Skylanders 5! Not sure what that is, but that is the only way I'll not buy it! Maybe if they turn PvP into a FPS type of deal, MAYBE!
---
I'm a recent convert to Skylandering and I LOVE it! I'm doing a SUPERCHARGERS LP! I also do UnBoxing videos!
Hawksey128 Blue Sparx Gems: 994
#34 Posted: 06:47:13 09/02/2015
If the game is terrible, I'll still play it. Yes, I might be 14 and think ER MA GERD GETTA CETCH DEM ALL (hate Pokemon) but I want the game because it'll be fun nonetheless. Besides, I want to level all my characters up.
But I don't want a new gimmick, honestly. And my shelves are getting a bit full.
---
I'm going to tell you right now.
BUY smilie
EHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEH THIS IS A POINTLESS EDITION TO A SIGNATURE I DUNNO
Iganagor Emerald Sparx Gems: 3552
#35 Posted: 06:57:06 09/02/2015
If they don't support old characters
---
Summoning a STUNFISK
1. Go to a beach - 2. Fall flat on the ground - 3. Recite Stunfisks fart-cry
4. Flop 618 times - You have a STUNFISK!
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#36 Posted: 07:12:38 09/02/2015
Quote: mastermc54

As an invested fan of the franchise, I will get Sky 5, but am willing to wait until the $25 or less price point if they do a rush job of the game or there are a lot of complaints AFTER launch (too many people who complain about a game prior to launch around here by over watching gameplay videos ticks me off)...the number one thing I ask for is keeping forwards compatibility of old figures. Luckily, the figure and gimmick investment for me will come after purchasing the actual game/starter pack which will most definitely not be on launch day. I know all monetary logic and reason goes out the door with some true fans who must go to the midnight launch and buy everything available at launch, but I feel like I didn't miss out on anything at all patiently waiting to get everything from Trap Team at my own pace (except light/dark packs which I did get on the first day of their launch).

Agree on everything.

Well... Not sure about character's forward compatibility.
I would LOVE to always play like my favorite characters, but they should add something for the older ones to do (increased level cap, abilities customizations and so on...).

If they don't, well, I don't see it as a BIG problem as of now.
This may probably change, maybe in the close future.

Oh, and definitely don't rely on others opinion, to buy the game, if it interests you even just a little.
I was quite scared and worried, when I bought Trap Team, since apparently it was considered by many users to the worst game of the series.

It turned out to be my favorite. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12771
#37 Posted: 08:36:42 09/02/2015
- No portal owner's pack.
- Element gates only accessible by the gimmicks.
- No toy quests and accolades.
- Traps not useable.
- Not much new in the chapters or if the gameplay is too similar to the last four.
- Flynn being the centre of attention.
- One gimmicklander of each element required to get 100%.
wild_defender Green Sparx Gems: 465
#38 Posted: 12:30:08 09/02/2015
I'm always annoyed by people that judge a game that haven't played it properly, so I would get it no matter what. I'm mean SA has none of the stuff people are asking for, but if they brought out another game that was just as good as SA, it'll still be worth it for the story.

Pretty much everyone doesn't want reposes anymore. But I'd like to see the franchise pull back on churning out constant New characters. There's over 100 different sjylanders now, I think they should slow down. It just feels unnecessary each year to bring out 4 new characters per element. Maybe only 1 or 2 new skylander per element and the rest reposes and magic item/ trap/ new item things . Or simply just less figures. Maybe only enough for 3 waves. Probly impossible coz they make money, but still....
---
Anyone else think Short Cut should be making jokes about running with scissors?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:33:21 09/02/2015 by wild_defender
#39 Posted: 13:17:07 09/02/2015
I don't even judge the game before getting it(or at least until a few months after its out), but I really won't go through hurdles to get a physical game if I'm not mostly sure that I'll enjoy it, especially one this expensive. With Swap Force, I was hyped at first, but a little after E3 things started showing up that made me doubt that it'd be worth the money, so decided to hold off and watch LPs first; proven right when I found out I'm better off skipping it unless I find a CD for cheap. Trap Team started out with me not so hopeful, but while some only got more and more negative, I got more and more hyped,and the mess to get the game preordered and sent from another country was all worth it to me.
Though now the series was discontinued in my country; can't just wait until it's cheap here if I don't like the game as much as TT.

Also with reposes I'm kind of neutral with, but they really should stay at S3. One wow pow for each path, perfect balance, and the spot for a possible useful repose doesn't get taken by Gill Grunt/Jet-Vac the umpteenth. That said, unless VV gets their act together with character designs, don't try pushing it down people's throats again.
---
xXBeavcoonXx Gold Sparx Gems: 2628
#40 Posted: 13:30:05 09/02/2015
[quote=[url=http://forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=114122&post=5473070]Badwolfmichael[/url]]I spend way too much money on Skylanders... this is the first time I don't have almost every character from wach wave since Giants.

I'll wait a year and get Sky 5 when its like $20[/quote]

This, but I dont really plan on getting Sky 5 anyway...
---
now its time to get funky
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#41 Posted: 14:20:42 09/02/2015
Althought I would like some changes to be done (online modes, open world mainly), there are two things which would make me quit the franchise:

1. Figures from previous games not working on the new one
2. Change to first person-view: It makes me sick...literally. I know this ain't gonna happen, but I feel better if i say it.

Buying when its 70 euros or waiting until it drops to 20-30 euros will depend on what "innovations" they have decided to add.
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
Kevin16 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4524
#42 Posted: 14:46:26 09/02/2015
Things that makes me not want to buy it

1. ANOTHER new Portal
2. Having to buy more characters to finish it 100% (Trap Masters...)
3. Even more glitches then TFB has
---
what even is this site anymore lmao
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#43 Posted: 17:27:12 09/02/2015
For those indicating traps, what's your total investment in those? I bet most have put no more than $50 in them. I'd personally have reservations for them INCLUDING villains without some SERIOUS THOUGHT on their utility.

And for those complaining about portals...a regular game costs $60...so you're getting 2 or 3 characters and a portal for $15. Looking at the math, they are basically giving you a portal free anyway. So, not buying that argument.

For me: PvP not returning, another rinse/repeat story chapter design, or no support for long term stat upgrade mechanics, or no online. So, in all likelihood, one of these won't be met...so I'm pretty much out I feel. Never say never, they can certainly make up for these gaps in other areas where value is determined, but that's all theoretical at this point.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 17:48:56 09/02/2015 by GhostRoaster
TheShadowDragon Ripto Gems: 2886
#44 Posted: 17:36:43 09/02/2015
I can't be too sure what exactly Skylanders 5 will be about. But as soon it reveals itself, I'll think about either buying it or not.
wild_defender Green Sparx Gems: 465
#45 Posted: 21:21:44 09/02/2015
Quote: GhostRoaster
For those indicating traps, what's your total investment in those? I bet most have put no more than $50 in them. I'd personally have reservations for them INCLUDING villains without some SERIOUS THOUGHT on their utility.

And for those complaining about portals...a regular game costs $60...so you're getting 2 or 3 characters and a portal for $15. Looking at the math, they are basically giving you a portal free anyway. So, not buying that argument.

For me: PvP not returning, another rinse/repeat story chapter design, or no support for long term stat upgrade mechanics, or no online. So, in all likelihood, one of these won't be met...so I'm pretty much out I feel. Never say never, they can certainly make up for these gaps in other areas where value is determined, but that's all theoretical at this point.

Definitely agree , people should stop whinging about traps and portals. They arnt important, or even good points.
---
Anyone else think Short Cut should be making jokes about running with scissors?
#46 Posted: 21:44:27 09/02/2015
Sorry if my money isn't important to you, but it is to me. If it wasn't easier/faster to get a full starter pack I'd be buying everything loose, just what's required if at all aside from the game.
---
Portal___Master Emerald Sparx Gems: 3718
#47 Posted: 21:47:40 09/02/2015

Spoken like a true Portal Master!!! smilie
---
smilie
Guinness Book of World Records holder for Largest SkyLanders Collection.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/SkyLandersCollectorsGroup
Insane01 Gold Sparx Gems: 2038
#48 Posted: 22:22:10 09/02/2015
Same here. I'm getting it as well because it's the only game I play where I don't have study the strategy guide like a textbook and it's not as difficult as most of my other games (I still find parts of SF frustrating, mainly Swap Zones & some of the areas behind elemental gates).
TT is the only one I have fully completed.
---
" Am I the mad one or are you?"
then, again, "we're all mad here
"
Zim999 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4605
#49 Posted: 23:16:56 09/02/2015
There's only one thing that would ruin the game forever for me, it only works on PS4 not PS3, cause PS4 can't use old games. smilie
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me