Page 1 of 1
Lets get down to business
MetaVolca Green Sparx Gems: 464
#1 Posted: 21:52:38 08/02/2015 | Topic Creator
Ok, its been a REALLY long time since I was last here, and i want to get straight int business. We know Skylanders 5 is released, and that its coming in the fall, but we don't know the most IMPORTANT THINGS :
1 The GIMMICK : We all know there will be a new gimmick, but just not what exactly. Please say what YOU think the new gimmick will be, or if we officially find out, post it here.

2 The NAME : All we know is the game is called Skylanders 5. We don't know its official name though! Unless they call it Skylanders 5, which officially means they've lost their minds... anyway, Comment what YOU think the name will be, but remember: It would have to coincide (go along) with the gimmick.

3 The PRODUCTS: How many skylanders do you think there will be, if they even release new skylanders? Maybe they will release new items that have in game effects and thats the gimmick.

Please post what you think on these 3 topics, hopefully we will find out soon whats official!

They better bring back traps or else...
---
"On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." Satoru Iwata, 1959-2015
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#2 Posted: 22:00:26 08/02/2015
Ok, here's what I think:

NAME: Skylanders Twilight

GIMMICK: no new gimmick. Just a new Giant, two Swappers and another Trap Master for each of the two new Elements.

PRODUCTS: 2 or 4 new Cores for each of the original 8 Elements.
Enough Cores for Light and Dark to balance them with the other Elements.
The gimmick characters I mentioned above.
The Trap Team traps' molds and a couple new ones.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
TTD Hunter Gems: 6229
#3 Posted: 22:15:29 08/02/2015
1. The gimmick - colour changing Skylanders (Metacores) - the figure could have LEDs inside (like lightcores) but have multiple colours, when placed on the portal, the Metacore will light up a random colour (of, let's say, 6 colours). The gimmick gate (like feat of strengths/ swap zones/ traptanium) will be an orb of colour (one of the 6 colours) and if your Metacore matches that colour, you can go through, if your metacore doesn't match the colour, simply remove it from the portal and place it back on and your Metacore will randomly change to another of the 6 colours.
2. The name - Skylanders: Metacore
3. The products -
10 elements
Ever element includes:
2 metacores
2 cores
1 repose
1 mini
1 trap
(A mini will be packaged with a trap).
There will be 8 new Trappable villains.
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#4 Posted: 22:21:41 08/02/2015
Here's what I think:

NAME: Skylanders: Summoning

GIMMICK: Tag Team Discs. These discs store a copy of certain NPCs, both old and new, and allow Portal Masters to call upon these copies to aid them in battle against the Skylanders. It's kind of like 2-player co-op, except you can switch between the Skylander and Tag Team character whenever you like, and the other character is controlled by CPU. To give an example, you need an Air Tag Team Disc for Flynn or a Life Tag Team Disc for Tessa.

PRODUCS:
-30 new core Skylanders (3 per element)
-8 reposed Skylanders (1 per original element)
-10 Tag Team Discs (1 per element)
And whatever else they decide on.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#5 Posted: 22:39:53 08/02/2015
Well, i don't know about the names and all but..~

You guys should understand, they're going to do what makes them money~

What they do every year...

A new gimmick
lots of new figures
nerfing

I don't see them doing things like what Drek is saying, even though I'd like it better if they did it Drek's way~
#6 Posted: 22:59:12 08/02/2015
Quote: Badwolfmichael

A new gimmick
lots of new figures
nerfing

I don't see them doing things like what Drek is saying, even though I'd like it better if they did it Drek's way~

Oh, I don't see it happening too.

That's just my thoughts (and my hopes). smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#7 Posted: 23:11:56 08/02/2015
Quote: Drek95

A new gimmick
lots of new figures
nerfing

Your idea is great! I based my idea on what VV would be likely to do. I think that most of these ideas that fans come up with are amazing and would be even more amazing to play them.
#8 Posted: 23:18:43 08/02/2015
Quote: TTD

A new gimmick
lots of new figures
nerfing

Your idea is great! I based my idea on what VV would be likely to do. I think that most of these ideas that fans come up with are amazing and would be even more amazing to play them.

Agree, and since TfB and, if I remember correctly also Activision periodically browse this forum, I think we'll start see these ideas being implemented into the actual games, in the far future. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
wild_defender Green Sparx Gems: 465
#9 Posted: 23:29:32 08/02/2015
I think VV will try and out do T4B again by making some big upgrades.

TITLE----Skylanders WorldWar 5

GIMMICK-----the darkness has taken over and destroyed several nations and and war has broken out in skylanders. a special breed of skylanders commanders were summoned that have the ability to create new lands and terraform the dark lands back to normal while leading teams of skylanders into battle. The commanders create elemental zones for their elements which give advantage to the party of skylands they lead. Making them not completely essential to battles , but they help . they are the only way to access lost islands though.

Products-----
10 commanders , 1 for each element
20 cores, 2 for each element
8 reposes, 1 each element original element
---
Anyone else think Short Cut should be making jokes about running with scissors?
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10026
#10 Posted: 23:30:55 08/02/2015

Agree, and since TfB and, if I remember correctly also Activision periodically browse this forum, I think we'll start see these ideas being implemented into the actual games, in the far future. smilie

Wouldn't put so much hope into that,however. Activision's support visits here and the only actual dev that I've seen in a good while was the former 3DS version composer, but it's usually uncommon for AAA teams to ever venture out of their own specific forums. Also seen some in other franchises people discouraging reading fanfics and following fan suggestions too closely,for example.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#11 Posted: 23:31:39 08/02/2015

Yeah, only when TfB and VV run out of their own ideas and are actually considering stuff like "Shrek Squad".
---
Check this out! Please?
#12 Posted: 23:41:01 08/02/2015
Quote: AdamGregory03

Yeah, only when TfB and VV run out of their own ideas and are actually considering stuff like "Shrek Squad".

Not necessarily.

I wouldn't see it as a bad, lazy or dumb thing, if they actually put some of these ideas into one of the future games.
We are the fans AND the customers, and having something we requested a lot (like the jump mechanic) in an actual Skylanders title would make a lot of us really happy.

That's why I also think Skylanders 5's "gimmick" might be online.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:42:01 08/02/2015 by Drek95
#13 Posted: 23:47:46 08/02/2015
I'm pretty certain it will have online content . vV will definitely try and out shine toys for bob again and online is the easiest way to transform the game in a way that fans could never hate.
---
Friendzie Blue Sparx Gems: 611
#14 Posted: 00:54:35 09/02/2015
Quote: wild_defender
in a way that fans could never hate.

You underestimate the fans. People will find a way to hate something. I think I already saw someone say they didn't want online, though I can't imagine why not. I would love to co-op with some cool people from here since I usually have nobody to play with.
#15 Posted: 07:32:29 09/02/2015
Quote: Friendzie
in a way that fans could never hate.

You underestimate the fans. People will find a way to hate something. I think I already saw someone say they didn't want online, though I can't imagine why not. I would love to co-op with some cool people from here since I usually have nobody to play with.

Sure. As I said multiple times, fans would find ways to complain even over a game created specifically for them.

It's the gamers nature, I guess.

Oh, and, don't worry, V.V. will absolutely outshine Trap Team, exactly how Trap Team outshined SWAP Force, at least in my opinion. smilie

In the end, what we should really want is a game that manages to stay close to its predecessors, be better than them and innovate in some ways.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#16 Posted: 15:11:47 09/02/2015
NAME: Skylanders, Kings of Skylands

GIMMICK: The skylands are made of several kingdoms (one per element), each ruled by a fair King and Queen. However one of these kings has turned evil and plans to conquer one kingdom after another and become the evil emperor of the whole Skylands. The good kings and queens will try to stop him making use of their ancestral rings to summon (online) skylanders of their element and fight along them.

PRODUCTS:

- 1King and 1Queen per element
- 4 Rings per element, allowing each of those to summon online or NPC skylanders of their element (King and Queens are the only ones that can summon).
- 2 New skylanders per element.
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:16:59 09/02/2015 by angelg
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5023
#17 Posted: 19:32:12 09/02/2015
the online gaming will be the gimmick this time...
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#18 Posted: 19:41:07 09/02/2015
Quote: CountMoneyBone

That's more on the software side though and, as we know, the innovation every year is normally something to do with the actual hardware (the figures/ portal). The gimmick could very well be the online but I think that it would coincide with the hardware innovation.
#19 Posted: 21:13:08 09/02/2015
Quote: angelg

GIMMICK: The skylands are made of several kingdoms (one per element), each ruled by a fair King and Queen. However one of these kings has turned evil and plans to conquer one kingdom after another and become the evil emperor of the whole Skylands. The good kings and queens will try to stop him making use of their ancestral rings to summon (online) skylanders of their element and fight along them.

PRODUCTS:

- 4 Rings per element, allowing each of those to summon online or NPC skylanders of their element (King and Queens are the only ones that can summon).

Actually I thought they would've designed our current traps to be key chains/ necklaces . I've even considered drilling a small whole through the top of mine so I could link them all together lol . Seeing as there's no real display stand for just 11 traps , I would've liked them to be key chains.
---
ultyzaus Yellow Sparx Gems: 1700
#20 Posted: 21:24:24 09/02/2015
Quote: CountMoneyBone

That actually could be more than an online feature, but a better way for Skylanders to interact with the real world. Not sure how, but they could definitely use that...
---
http://ultyzarus.deviantart.com/
223/254, 17 superchargers, 14 vehicles
Characters missing: Rocky Roll, Splat, Nightfall, Thrillipede
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:25:00 09/02/2015 by ultyzaus
#21 Posted: 21:57:38 09/02/2015
Title----skylanders Time Shift

Gimmick-----a villain has been messing with the past.
Elemental Character time keys have been found that when used on the portal unlock a gateway to the past . Each key has the ability to summon a AI of their character to fight along side you during story mode .

Also each key unlocks a bonus mission By opening up the gateway to the past to aid in the specific characters backstory battle.

Products

~80 character time keys ( only for core skylanders ) . Keys coloured to match their character elements.
Sold 3 to a pack for the same price as a core skylander.

3 new cores for each 10 elements , 1repose each
---
#22 Posted: 21:59:27 09/02/2015
I don't think online play could meet the definition of a gimmick. Nothing about the game would change other than the fact that you're doing multiplayer over a network instead of locally. I think VV are going to feel pressure to top the Swappers, which were actually some of my favorite Skylanders and made some of the best toys to use outside the game.

To answer the original post, so I'm not just sitting here debating other peoples' ideas:

1: GIMMICK: Buddies. These will be helpers that follow you around similar to what the minis used to be prior to Trap Team. Each one gives some kind of benefit. Benefits will be things like granting your Skylander life on hit healing, an aura that causes nearby enemies to take more damage, a chance to dodge attacks, making you move faster, etc. You will always want to have a buddy on the portal like how you would usually want a trap on the portal now. Only one buddy can be used at a time.
2. NAME: Skylanders Buddy Brigade
3. PRODUCTS: 20 buddies, two of each element. 2 brand new cores for each element - 4 new cores for light and dark. A series 2 for every element of a character that never had a series 2 before.
procrstntngdrgn Emerald Sparx Gems: 3613
#23 Posted: 22:04:01 09/02/2015
Gimmick- accessories for skylanders. Weapons, etc to attach to figures that appear in game. Basically more useless plastic to sell us
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:04:38 09/02/2015 by procrstntngdrgn
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#24 Posted: 22:11:28 09/02/2015
Quote: Friendzie
I don't think online play could meet the definition of a gimmick. Nothing about the game would change other than the fact that you're doing multiplayer over a network instead of locally. I think VV are going to feel pressure to top the Swappers, which were actually some of my favorite Skylanders and made some of the best toys to use outside the game.

To answer the original post, so I'm not just sitting here debating other peoples' ideas:

1: GIMMICK: Buddies. These will be helpers that follow you around similar to what the minis used to be prior to Trap Team. Each one gives some kind of benefit. Benefits will be things like granting your Skylander life on hit healing, an aura that causes nearby enemies to take more damage, a chance to dodge attacks, making you move faster, etc. You will always want to have a buddy on the portal like how you would usually want a trap on the portal now. Only one buddy can be used at a time.
2. NAME: Skylanders Buddy Brigade
3. PRODUCTS: 20 buddies, two of each element. 2 brand new cores for each element - 4 new cores for light and dark. A series 2 for every element of a character that never had a series 2 before.

Quite nice idea!~
#25 Posted: 00:13:23 10/02/2015
Quote: procrstntngdrgn
Gimmick- accessories for skylanders. Weapons, etc to attach to figures that appear in game. Basically more useless plastic to sell us

Since when are they selling us useless plastic...? smilie

I doubt we'll see more physical detachable parts, in the future.

Swappers have been the best they could come up with.
Smaller parts would have been dangerous for kids, and customizable weapons would also make the characters less unique.

Only my opinion, though.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#26 Posted: 01:26:12 10/02/2015
Quote: procrstntngdrgn

Since when are they selling us useless plastic...? smilie

I doubt we'll see more physical detachable parts, in the future.

Swappers have been the best they could come up with.
Smaller parts would have been dangerous for kids, and customizable weapons would also make the characters less unique.

Only my opinion, though.

I think that swappable weapons could work if the weapons were huge. It might end up being too similar to Swap Force in gameplay, though.
#27 Posted: 02:26:33 10/02/2015
TO DEFEAT... THE HUNS.

I'm sorry, I couldn't resist any longer.
---
Check this out! Please?
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#28 Posted: 09:39:56 10/02/2015

PRODUCTS:

Actually I thought they would've designed our current traps to be key chains/ necklaces . I've even considered drilling a small whole through the top of mine so I could link them all together lol . Seeing as there's no real display stand for just 11 traps , I would've liked them to be key chains.

In fact, that sounds like a good idea, a product which could serve as a way to implement certain mechanics into game plus being wearable doesn't sound bad.
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
mantez Emerald Sparx Gems: 3167
#29 Posted: 09:58:33 10/02/2015
Quote: AdamGregory03
TO DEFEAT... THE HUNS.

I'm sorry, I couldn't resist any longer.

Everytime I read the topic title I start singing that.

Also "Did they send me daughters when I asked for sons"
---
Gullible is not in the dictionary.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 09:59:20 10/02/2015 by mantez
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#30 Posted: 13:53:45 10/02/2015

PRODUCTS:

In fact, that sounds like a good idea, a product which could serve as a way to implement certain mechanics into game plus being wearable doesn't sound bad.

There's a King Caperlla (I know I spelled it wrong) in the Heroics...so the precedent is already there.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Wally-Gang Gold Sparx Gems: 2987
#31 Posted: 01:03:30 12/02/2015
I think the new game should be "Skylanders: Light/Dark". The game should be based on the story of what happened to these two elements and offer a giant, 2 swappers, 2 cores, 2 villains, and 2 traps for each. It should also offer an S2 for the SSA characters who have not been done yet. For fun maybe 2 original minis for each element. That makes 14 original characters plus villains and S2s.
---
"Come rang or shine"
Still troubled by him speaking
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3872
#32 Posted: 03:00:59 12/02/2015
skylanders:Minion Squad it would be were the new minion squad can activate online play and can become your minion
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me