First | Page 2 of 3 | Last
1 2 3
Official Toy Fair News Topic [CLOSED]
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#51 Posted: 22:55:08 11/02/2015
Quote: Short Cut
Will they have a Special edition Skylander like years before?

Good question.

It might reveal us the color for the Skylanders 5's figurines' bases.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#52 Posted: 23:13:59 11/02/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: Drek95

Good question.

If not a figure I'd bet a trap.
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#53 Posted: 23:35:29 11/02/2015

Good question.

Why does everyone care about what color the bases are? Like, when Trap Team was first revealed, people went nuts over the red bases. Um... stop the presses?
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#54 Posted: 00:27:15 12/02/2015
Quote: AdamGregory03

Good question.

Why does everyone care about what color the bases are? Like, when Trap Team was first revealed, people went nuts over the red bases. Um... stop the presses?

OMEGE YELLOW BASES 4 SKY 5!!!1
#55 Posted: 02:02:37 12/02/2015 | Topic Creator

Good question.

I don't really care, it's just an interesting thing to know in advance.
---
#56 Posted: 02:23:10 12/02/2015
Quote: ninja9351

Good question.

I don't really care, it's just an interesting thing to know in advance.

Yeah, I suppose.
---
Check this out! Please?
revolutionj12 Green Sparx Gems: 452
#57 Posted: 03:41:10 12/02/2015
Just FYI!

I will be attending Toy Fair this year (first year I've been able to go). I won't be able to be there on Saturday, so most news will be posted by then I'm sure.

But happy to help get any kind of questions answered and some nice close ups for everyone!
GhostRoaster617 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3963
#58 Posted: 04:18:22 12/02/2015
Quote: revolutionj12
Just FYI!

I will be attending Toy Fair this year (first year I've been able to go). I won't be able to be there on Saturday, so most news will be posted by then I'm sure.

But happy to help get any kind of questions answered and some nice close ups for everyone!

If they show some clues to the next game or at least have smilie to play as, that would be all I want from the toy fair. He might be there with wave 4 like last year when they had Wave 4 in Swap Force at the demonstration.
---
Grave Clobber is back to bury you!
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
LordElohim Yellow Sparx Gems: 1811
#59 Posted: 04:21:27 12/02/2015
A friend of mine is attending Toy Fair, and he emailed the Activision rep in advance. He was told that Activision will not be at Toy Fair at all, which if true, basically nullifies this topic.
---
Hail Sithis
Insane01 Gold Sparx Gems: 2038
#60 Posted: 04:26:29 12/02/2015
One really doesn't have to with the other. Long as Disney owns Marvel, they could expand the Marvel Super Heroes. Maybe a She-Hulk. If you go female villains, how about Lady Deathstrike. They really need to put out more Marvel characters.
---
" Am I the mad one or are you?"
then, again, "we're all mad here
"
skylanderkids Yellow Sparx Gems: 1999
#61 Posted: 05:10:02 12/02/2015
Quote: LordElohim
A friend of mine is attending Toy Fair, and he emailed the Activision rep in advance. He was told that Activision will not be at Toy Fair at all, which if true, basically nullifies this topic.

Lol, that's pretty much what I said 4 days ago on this very thread. Acti will not be there. Only Color Alive and Pressman Toys, maybe Rubies Costumes.
---
youtube.com/theskylanderboy
facebook.com/skylanderkids
Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#62 Posted: 06:38:55 12/02/2015
lol yeah Skydad, I saw that and lol'd when people kept speculating even thought you told them. I also lol'd (HARD) when you posted that thinking how Activision keeps touting that they have the #1 selling figure line and they aren't doing anything at the largest North American Toy show lol...cracks me up. Will you be breaking any Star Wars Infinity news on FGTeeV if it comes up?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:43:17 12/02/2015 by Tigorus
#63 Posted: 07:00:05 12/02/2015
Quote: Tigorus
lol yeah Skydad, I saw that and lol'd when people kept speculating even thought you told them. I also lol'd (HARD) when you posted that thinking how Activision keeps touting that they have the #1 selling figure line and they aren't doing anything at the largest North American Toy show lol...cracks me up. Will you be breaking any Star Wars Infinity news on FGTeeV if it comes up?

Well, Activision not being there to promote Skylanders' games items wouldn't have automatically meant that there isn't any ToyFair exclusive figure, but, ok...

Oh, and, maybe Infinity should start creating some personal events like Skylanders seems to be doing, so the attention will be directed exclusively on them. Just and idea.

And, last, but not least, I would really LOL if Infinity 3.0 turns out to have NOTHING to do with Star Wars, since everyone seems to take it for granted, when there hasn't been any official confirm, and only a few ambiguous hints, and some Star Wars related items in the Toy Box, because, you know, they own the franchise. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:03:52 12/02/2015 by Drek95
TTD Hunter Gems: 6229
#64 Posted: 08:00:31 12/02/2015
I feel that they are breaking away from events such as toy fair and e3 to reveal the game as the spotlight is shared between skylanders and 100s of other brands, however if they reveal the game in, say, April game journalists will be covering skylanders only as there is nothing else there to steal the spotlight.
#65 Posted: 13:14:26 12/02/2015 | Topic Creator
I don't understand how Activision won't be there yet there is a booth for them, but ok.
---
#66 Posted: 16:14:47 12/02/2015
Well this is a huge year for Star Wars. The movies return to the big screen, Marvel got the comic license back and is publishing again, they dropped 2 Star Wars items in the 2.0 Toy Box as a big fat hint (could be a coincidence but I doubt it). It only makes since for them to release it this year. I really hope Skylanders has something to compete, I really do. We will win in the long run if they finally get super competitive. Sales will get crazy, exclusives will be juicier, gimmicks should get better lol. To be honest I'm kind of hoping that Skylanders adds a Toy Box/Sand Box type mode tacked onto the game. That would breath some new life into the franchise, for the better. They would still have the solid core game but an additional layer for those that like something more. World creation is huge right now and I'd like to see Skylanders take advantage of that.

Regarding Toy Fair, I'd like to see Hasbro announce something in the toys to life genre. With Transformers, Littlest Pet Shop, My little Pony, Gi Joe, etc., I'm sure they could come up with something. I'm not super happy with the Amiibo's at this point. You have to wipe them to use them in a different game, which kills it for me. Why they didn't have a stand alone game, I'll never know. Any additional heavy hitters entering into this genre only makes it better for us....unless your torn on what to buy...lol.
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#67 Posted: 16:44:58 12/02/2015
^ One thing is for sure....more of the same will not be good. Time for changes in the core product. Everything gameplay wise in Trap Team was more of the same except for the ability to play with villains in a different toy form factor. Kaos Challenge was cool, but that type of item isn't going to be good enough. Here comes my parroted complaint again: We need extended playability...
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 16:46:59 12/02/2015 by GhostRoaster
WilltheWizard Yellow Sparx Gems: 1779
#68 Posted: 16:49:47 12/02/2015
Ok, so I will admit it. It was so hard to hold it in, but yes, I was the kid in the Skylanders Trap Team "Discovery" Trailer. It was so hard not to say anything to anyone, because I knew when it was coming out. Now, the commercial filmed in March, for a April realease. Now, I probably, and other child actors too, would have gotten an audition for it by now, but we didn't. When I auditioned for Trap Team, it was on March 15th. Now, that leads me to believe that the same thing will happen in March also. Ironically, my birthday party was that day and my birthday was tommorow, so just getting that part in my favorite game ever was the best birthday present EVER. So with that, I can 99.9% confirm that Sky 55 will not be announced at Toy Fair.
---
Spread those positive vibes
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:51:53 12/02/2015 by WilltheWizard
#69 Posted: 17:06:45 12/02/2015 | Topic Creator
I really hate to doubt you, wait... no I dont.

Proof????!!!??!!!?!?!?!!?!?!?

When I say proof I need a picture of your face with you holding a piece of paper that says I'm legit.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:10:04 12/02/2015 by ninja9351
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#70 Posted: 17:11:29 12/02/2015
Maybe they wanted fresh faces for their new commercial, or perhaps they are planning an advert where no actors are involved, so I wouldn't really be that sure. I would rely more on other clues like the ones which have been commented on the toy fair topic (press releases, size of Activision stand, etc) in order to confrm that. Nevertheless, congratulations for being cast in such an international advert, as a wanna be actor, I know how difficult it is to get that high.
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#71 Posted: 17:12:58 12/02/2015
Quote: GhostRoaster
^ One thing is for sure....more of the same will not be good. Time for changes in the core product. Everything gameplay wise in Trap Team was more of the same except for the ability to play with villains in a different toy form factor. Kaos Challenge was cool, but that type of item isn't going to be good enough. Here comes my parroted complaint again: We need extended playability...

This. Online gameplay could be one solution.
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
#72 Posted: 17:14:28 12/02/2015 | Topic Creator
FYI either way Skydad has 100% confirmed that Activision won't even be there.
---
#73 Posted: 17:23:19 12/02/2015
Quote: WilltheWizard
Ok, so I will admit it. It was so hard to hold it in, but yes, I was the kid in the Skylanders Trap Team "Discovery" Trailer. It was so hard not to say anything to anyone, because I knew when it was coming out. Now, the commercial filmed in March, for a April realease. Now, I probably, and other child actors too, would have gotten an audition for it by now, but we didn't. When I auditioned for Trap Team, it was on March 15th. Now, that leads me to believe that the same thing will happen in March also. Ironically, my birthday party was that day and my birthday was tommorow, so just getting that part in my favorite game ever was the best birthday present EVER. So with that, I can 99.9% confirm that Sky 55 will not be announced at Toy Fair.

Even if that turned out to be true, it isn't really a confirm.

Yes, it won't be announced at the ToyFair, but that doesn't mean they haven't already auditioned someone else, or that they will.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#74 Posted: 17:27:58 12/02/2015

Amen brother. A lot of us have been voicing issues with the lack of post game activities in Trap Team compared to Swap Force. I mean with all the random floating islands in Skylands, the idea that the player could build one of his or her own isn't a stretch. Could you imagine, if each Skylander unlocked an item for the "sand box" it would be great for both the player and retailers. We'd get something out of our robust collections and retailers would sell older figures since there's a legit reason to hunt for those older figures. I still want personal quests as a Skylander's "Heroic" for stat increases. Everything just feels so generic now.
#75 Posted: 17:40:54 12/02/2015
Guys they 100% will not announce Sky 5 at this years Toy Fair. Can we build a bridge now and get over it....geez. They will send out press event packs (like the one Skydad and others got last year with the special Kaos Flash drives). To our knowledge that hasn't happened and I doubt it will happen in the next 24-48 hours. I know we all WANT an announcement (myself included) but it's not going to happen.

Clarification:
Before anyone complains about me double posting, this and another thread were consolidated and this post ended up here...IT WASN'T MY FAULT OK!!!!!...lol.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:54:07 12/02/2015 by Tigorus
#76 Posted: 17:43:52 12/02/2015
Quote: skylanderkids

Lol, that's pretty much what I said 4 days ago on this very thread. Acti will not be there. Only Color Alive and Pressman Toys, maybe Rubies Costumes.

Disney Interactive/Infinity will not be at Toy Fair as well... Trust me, I was super bummed after I planned a trip to find all this out afterwards. The only thing major I'll be able to get is Lego 2015 Entire Line and Jurrasic World stuff maybe.
---
#77 Posted: 17:45:09 12/02/2015
Online?

I agree.

Editor?

Eeeeeh...

I really love that genre, I LOVE creating worlds, creatures and levels...
But I don't think that would suite a Skylanders title.

They could even find a proper motivation, since it's quite clear that Portal Master have enormous powers, over the Skylands... However...

It would start to make the two games (Skylanders and Infinity) too similar.
I'm just not a fan of the idea, but I'm sure I would probably end up liking it, if implemented... smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#78 Posted: 17:47:28 12/02/2015 | Topic Creator

Disney Interactive/Infinity will not be at Toy Fair as well... Trust me, I was super bummed after I planned a trip to find all this out afterwards. The only thing major I'll be able to get is Lego 2015 Entire Line and Jurrasic World stuff maybe.

Will Amiibo be there?
---
#79 Posted: 17:51:04 12/02/2015

Well that sucks, but now that I think about it didn't 2.0 announce separately (from Toy Fair) last year too? Thanks for the confirm Skydad.
#80 Posted: 18:02:13 12/02/2015

How did they superimpose you as both the male and female actor/actress....green screen? I must say that was a bang up acting job!
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 18:05:50 12/02/2015 by GhostRoaster
WilltheWizard Yellow Sparx Gems: 1779
#81 Posted: 18:23:41 12/02/2015

How did they superimpose you as both the male and female actor/actress....green screen? I must say that was a bang up acting job!

Thanks you. That means alot. smilie
---
Spread those positive vibes
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8246
#82 Posted: 18:31:58 12/02/2015
I doubt your the kid.......
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#83 Posted: 18:32:52 12/02/2015 | Topic Creator
FYI the longer you ignore my request for proof the less inclined I am to belive you.
---
#84 Posted: 18:41:30 12/02/2015

No problem!

[User Posted Image]
---
#85 Posted: 18:49:58 12/02/2015

No problem!

[User Posted Image]

I nearly died. Oh my God.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3988
#86 Posted: 19:49:44 12/02/2015
[User Posted Image]
---
bye
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#87 Posted: 20:04:16 12/02/2015
FYI the longer you ignore my request for proof the less inclined I am to belive you.

I'm starting to think Willie is taking up all the attention he's getting for pretending to be the boy from The Discovery trailer.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10026
#88 Posted: 20:17:07 12/02/2015
And if he was, what's the big deal about it? He'd be covered in NDAs if he was called in for this year's trailer, which would mean he'd be in big trouble if he "guaranteed" in any way the game's reveal.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#89 Posted: 20:24:46 12/02/2015
Quote: Bifrost
And if he was, what's the big deal about it? He'd be covered in NDAs if he was called in for this year's trailer, which would mean he'd be in big trouble if he "guaranteed" in any way the game's reveal.

Also, he says he was the kid in the trailer, when there were two kids in it Which one? Did you forget your fellow actor? That's pretty rude and hard to believe that you forgot the only other human actor in the trailer. I've been in theater (And would love to act in the future) and I remember most actors I'e worked with in plays and all actors I've worked with in class projects.

Odds are though that he'll read this and say "Yes, I do remember them!"
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:12:20 12/02/2015 by HeyitsHotDog
#90 Posted: 21:06:10 12/02/2015 | Topic Creator
I require proof or I will ask Matteo to remove all posts related to you "being the kid int he commercial"
---
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#91 Posted: 23:15:13 12/02/2015

But you posted a picture of yourself in S&N one time, didn't you?~

The kid in the commercial looks nothing like the pic you posted, if my memory is correct~

Sorry if this is off topic~
#92 Posted: 23:16:40 12/02/2015
Quote: Tigorus

Well that sucks, but now that I think about it didn't 2.0 announce separately (from Toy Fair) last year too? Thanks for the confirm Skydad.

Sure did. However, they were there last year at Toy Fair. Private Invite only, I didn't make a connect with their PR team until E3 this year so I did not get a chance to check it out personally but they had two new characters at Toy Fair so I was at least hoping to cover Falcon & Loki for our gaming channel but that's not going to happen now. Like someone mentioned earlier, they will get more spotlight by holding their own events.
---
#93 Posted: 23:54:05 12/02/2015 | Topic Creator

Sure you were kid.

Quote: Aura24

I'm starting to think Willie is taking up all the attention he's getting for pretending to be the boy from The Discovery trailer.

Quote: HeyitsHotDog

Also, he says he was the kid in the trailer, when there were two kids in it Which one? Did you forget your fellow actor? That's pretty rude and hard to believe that you forgot the only other human actor in the trailer. I've been in theater (And would love to act in the future) and I remember most actors I'e worked with in plays and all actors I've worked with in class projects.

Quote: Badwolfmichael

The kid in the commercial looks nothing like the pic you posted, if my memory is correct~

All good points.

From the post mentioned by Bad Wolf
THIS PHOTO HAS BEEN BLOWN UP. IT USED TO EXIST BUT NOW I DELETED IT FOR SAFTEY PURPOSES
---
#94 Posted: 00:02:04 13/02/2015
Well, since we're all letting out our acting secrets... I'm really Brad Pitt!
---
Check this out! Please?
#95 Posted: 00:02:59 13/02/2015
@ Ninja9351
Why. Does. It. Matter?....OMFG.

Enough man. Even if he isn't who he claims to be you can stop the witch hunt. If he's trolling, you're feeding him. If not and it is him, then you're just calling him a liar for no reason. Either way it has no affect you or anyone else and we can move on.

Now let's move on to predicting when Acti. will make the announcement. I'm calling some time in May. Either way it will be after Disney announces D.I. 3.0. They will want the dust to settle after the heavily suspected announcement of a Star Wars theme for 3.0. I hope they have something to dazzle, I really do.

Added: Additional thoughts. It might be later than that to be honest. I have a feeling that trap sale will come to a screeching halt once it's announced that traps are not supported going forward. Granted that is only true if traps are indeed not supported ( I pray they are). They have to know this. If that's the case they will drag out the announcement until they think they've made all they can from trap sales. Personally I'm holding off on any trap purchases until I KNOW they will be supported in future installments.

Well, since we're all letting out our acting secrets... I'm really Brad Pitt!

Pshhhhhh, yeah right we know your name is like totally Adam...duh..... smilie .
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 00:10:23 13/02/2015 by Tigorus
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3872
#96 Posted: 00:10:55 13/02/2015

where is the picture?oh well it sucks that no activison
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
#97 Posted: 00:13:18 13/02/2015

Sure you were kid.

Quote: Aura24

Quote: HeyitsHotDog

All good points.

From the post mentioned by Bad Wolf
THIS PHOTO HAS BEEN BLOWN UP. IT USED TO EXIST BUT NOW I DELETED IT FOR SAFTEY PURPOSES

You remove a pictue for safety reasons, but yet you appear in a Video game trailer seen by millions?
---
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10026
#98 Posted: 00:23:47 13/02/2015
Y'all are getting too worked up over if someone appeared in a video or not. Before anyone breaks out the insults,could you get back to the topic of Toy Fair?
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#99 Posted: 01:33:05 13/02/2015 | Topic Creator
Ok then it's settled I, asking Matteo to remove all off topic posts.
---
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3872
#100 Posted: 02:58:53 13/02/2015
so no skylanders in the toy fair....that sucks
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
First | Page 2 of 3 | Last
1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me