Page 1 of 3 | Next | Last
1 2 3
Official Toy Fair News Topic [CLOSED]
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#1 Posted: 01:52:18 08/02/2015 | Topic Creator
2015 NYC Toy Fair
Febuary 14-17

I'm making this topic so we can have a collective thread for everything that we see at the Toy Fair. It has already been confirmed that Skylanders 5 will not be featured there. However, Skylanders will still be featured there.

They will be at booth FE12, according to the official website.

These were given out at the event;
[User Posted Image]

Featured Items
[User Posted Image]

Video Coverage

Media Coverage
None
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 19:02:39 17/02/2015 by ninja9351
isaac343018s Emerald Sparx Gems: 4478
#2 Posted: 02:14:29 08/02/2015
When exactly does Toy Fair start?
fairyland Emerald Sparx Gems: 3800
#3 Posted: 02:33:05 08/02/2015
Quote: ninja9351
2015 NYC Toy Fair
Febuary 14-17

Quote: isaac343018s

It could be "Febuary 14-17", but that's just a totally wild guess. If you mean the time, it's 9AM EST.

Wasn't it last year's Toy Fair where Mega Bloks shown off new Skylanders stuff that really wasn't supposed to be shown off yet? I'm a bit foggy about where we discovered this.
---
Stay Cool!
isaac343018s Emerald Sparx Gems: 4478
#4 Posted: 02:41:28 08/02/2015
I didnt even notice the date was right up there, but I was also asking about time, so thank you
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#5 Posted: 03:05:23 08/02/2015
I'm thinking we may actually get news about that spin-off game that was leaked. The "Baa-ttlegrounds" or whatever it's called. Of course, if it IS a spin-off game.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#6 Posted: 03:06:56 08/02/2015
I'm not expecting anything for the franchise from this event.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#7 Posted: 03:09:02 08/02/2015
We could see a look at Wave 4 and 5~
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#8 Posted: 03:45:30 08/02/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: fairyland
2015 NYC Toy Fair
Febuary 14-17

Quote: isaac343018s

It could be "Febuary 14-17", but that's just a totally wild guess. If you mean the time, it's 9AM EST.

Wasn't it last year's Toy Fair where Mega Bloks shown off new Skylanders stuff that really wasn't supposed to be shown off yet? I'm a bit foggy about where we discovered this.

My understanding was that they weren't making Mega Bloks sets any more.

Quote: AdamGregory03
I'm thinking we may actually get news about that spin-off game that was leaked. The "Baa-ttlegrounds" or whatever it's called. Of course, if it IS a spin-off game.

Assuming that it's actauly game for the public. If we don't see it at the Toy Fair, I'm assuming that it's been scrapped.

Quote: Aura24
We could see a look at Wave 4 and 5~

I think that this is what we shall see at the very least.
---
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#9 Posted: 04:05:58 08/02/2015
There's no doubt that Activision won't show off Sky 5 this year. They'll most likely show off Wave 4 and be done with it.

Mega Bloks supposedly will not be presenting any new Skylanders sets this year at Toy Fair (Skylanders Dad has stated this), as sales are going down the drain for the sets (terrible stock, incorrectly stating that sets are available when they aren't, no new announcements, constantly repackaging the same figures with new sets, etc).

Judging from last year's leak, Mega Bloks probably won't reveal anything until Skylanders 5 is actually released (if they show up as all).

If they actually announce sets there, it'll definitely be a bunch of Trap Team sets; nothing more or less.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#10 Posted: 04:07:33 08/02/2015
So, we have an "official" thread created by someone unaffiliated with the event, a week before it starts, with no evidence what-so-ever that anything new Skylanders-related will even be announced at the event?

In that case, I hope we see not just Skylanders 5, but let's hope Activision reveals their 10-year plans for the franchise. Why not?
skylanderkids Yellow Sparx Gems: 1999
#11 Posted: 04:50:19 08/02/2015
I will be going to Toy Fair and let's put it this way. The only thing I'll be capturing Skylanders related is Crayola Color Alive, maybe Rubies Costumes (the company who makes Skylanders Halloween costumes). That's it. Not even Pressman Toys has anything new, they are showing Block N Blast again.
---
youtube.com/theskylanderboy
facebook.com/skylanderkids
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:03:41 08/02/2015 by skylanderkids
#12 Posted: 05:02:10 08/02/2015
Quote: skylanderkids
I will be going to Toy Fair and let's put it this way. The only thing I'll be capturing Skylanders related is Color Alive, maybe Rubies Costumes. That's it. Not even Pressman Toys has anything new, they are showing Block N Blast again.

...Color Alive? ...Rubies Costumes?
---
Check this out! Please?
#13 Posted: 05:30:40 08/02/2015
Color Alive:
[User Posted Image]
Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#14 Posted: 05:38:30 08/02/2015
It's such a shame that the highest (currently I believe) selling line of action figures doesn't have a presence at Toy Fair....Seems odd. I think they scarred to death over what Infinity might do. Who knows, Infinity might delay this year too. Didn't they announce Marvel last year at Toy Fair though?
#15 Posted: 05:41:35 08/02/2015
Quote: Tigorus
It's such a shame that the highest (currently I believe) selling line of action figures doesn't have a presence at Toy Fair....Seems odd. I think they scarred to death over what Infinity might do. Who knows, Infinity might delay this year too. Didn't they announce Marvel last year at Toy Fair though?

I don't think Toy Fair holds the significance it once did. Any more, it's more for press than retailers, and you can get better press if you wait until you're the only one announcing something.
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#16 Posted: 08:13:59 08/02/2015
Quote: Tigorus

Yeah, after 4 years of successful games, I'm sure they are undoubtedly scared to death by Infinity. smilie

Activision and Skylanders have been confirmed to be there.
Just not to announce the fifth game or show off the Mega Bloks set (if there's any, this year).

They are probably just working really hard on the game, right now, and want it to be announced during a special event.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
melvimbe Yellow Sparx Gems: 1327
#17 Posted: 09:24:22 08/02/2015
The megablocks leak from last year showed off 'rangers' or something that turned out not to have anything to do with Sky4. I suppose it's possible that the rangers actually had to do with Sky5? I'm more inclined to think it isn't. It was either a game idea that got scrapped, a megablocks only idea that got scrapped, or it is Sky5. I have a heard time believing megablocks would have their stuff ready that early though.

And honestly, I don't think having a presense at toy fairs really does much for Skylanders, diminishing return at least. Since it's an established product, they don't need to have that connection with the press to get the work out about new products. Anything they do will show up on youtube, either directly or indirectly, and consumers and press will take it from there.
#18 Posted: 09:33:02 08/02/2015
Quote: melvimbe
The megablocks leak from last year showed off 'rangers' or something that turned out not to have anything to do with Sky4. I suppose it's possible that the rangers actually had to do with Sky5? I'm more inclined to think it isn't. It was either a game idea that got scrapped, a megablocks only idea that got scrapped, or it is Sky5. I have a heard time believing megablocks would have their stuff ready that early though.

And honestly, I don't think having a presense at toy fairs really does much for Skylanders, diminishing return at least. Since it's an established product, they don't need to have that connection with the press to get the work out about new products. Anything they do will show up on youtube, either directly or indirectly, and consumers and press will take it from there.

If I remember correctly, the "Ranger"'s stuff you are talking about are simply Trap Masters with an early name.

I distinctly remember a "Ranger's Bow and Arrow" toy, which turned out to be Snap Shot's Traptanium weapon.

And many other leaks referred to other Trap Masters (Wildfire, Wallop and Krypt King).
I even remember some crystals containing small enemies, probably the Mega Bloks version of traps.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#19 Posted: 13:22:18 08/02/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: UncleBob
So, we have an "official" thread created by someone unaffiliated with the event, a week before it starts, with no evidence what-so-ever that anything new Skylanders-related will even be announced at the event?

In that case, I hope we see not just Skylanders 5, but let's hope Activision reveals their 10-year plans for the franchise. Why not?

It's me being optimistic. At the very least it saves us from having multiple topics. They may surprise us with a new Frito Lay contest or something you never know.
---
#20 Posted: 13:35:34 08/02/2015

It's me being optimistic. At the very least it saves us from having multiple topics. They may surprise us with a new Frito Lay contest or something you never know.

I could actually see it happening.

After all, we did got something like that, last year, since nothing was officially revealed during the ToyFair. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Sleepy0429 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#21 Posted: 14:37:56 08/02/2015
Rubies made some amazing Paicfic rim and Godzillla costumes. Guess what I was the last two years smilie
---
dark52 let me change my username you coward
#22 Posted: 15:19:51 08/02/2015
Quote: Drek95

If I remember correctly, the "Ranger"'s stuff you are talking about are simply Trap Masters with an early name.

I distinctly remember a "Ranger's Bow and Arrow" toy, which turned out to be Snap Shot's Traptanium weapon.

And many other leaks referred to other Trap Masters (Wildfire, Wallop and Krypt King).
I even remember some crystals containing small enemies, probably the Mega Bloks version of traps.

The part I remember were vehicles. I don't think it applies to Sky5, but you have to wonder if the vehicles were a part of skylanders at some point.
#23 Posted: 15:30:57 08/02/2015

I distinctly remember a very small, fuzzy, blown-up image of a Mega Blocks Wildfire floating around here... :D

It's me being optimistic. At the very least it saves us from having multiple topics.

We ended up with three different topics because Activision mentioned Sky5 in press release. Good intentions, but unless mods get the ability to merge threads, it's not gonna happen.
#24 Posted: 16:04:37 08/02/2015

The part I remember were vehicles. I don't think it applies to Sky5, but you have to wonder if the vehicles were a part of skylanders at some point.

I doubt they were part of the game, even in early stages.

Just like the bazookas/guns some Mega Bloks characters were holding, they were probably just extra features for those sets.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#25 Posted: 16:47:18 08/02/2015
Color Alive:
[User Posted Image]

So that and costumes is all they're going to show off at the Toy Fair...?

---
Check this out! Please?
#26 Posted: 16:53:57 08/02/2015
I will be going to Toy Fair and let's put it this way. The only thing I'll be capturing Skylanders related is Crayola Color Alive, maybe Rubies Costumes (the company who makes Skylanders Halloween costumes). That's it. Not even Pressman Toys has anything new, they are showing Block N Blast again.

Yep...or is it?

---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:58:50 08/02/2015 by GhostRoaster
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#27 Posted: 17:03:23 08/02/2015
Quote: GhostRoaster

Yep...or is it?

Oh wow I loved that movie!
#28 Posted: 17:03:48 08/02/2015 | Topic Creator

I distinctly remember a very small, fuzzy, blown-up image of a Mega Blocks Wildfire floating around here... smilie

It's me being optimistic. At the very least it saves us from having multiple topics.

We ended up with three different topics because Activision mentioned Sky5 in press release. Good intentions, but unless mods get the ability to merge threads, it's not gonna happen.

They already can lol.
---
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8246
#29 Posted: 17:04:15 08/02/2015

Yep...or is it?

You think will get Sky 5 and Skylander dad is covering it up?
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#30 Posted: 17:07:36 08/02/2015
Not at all....I'm trying to build suspense for an event that will be much ado about nothing. smilie
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:08:25 08/02/2015 by GhostRoaster
#31 Posted: 17:14:17 08/02/2015
Not at all....I'm trying to build suspense for an event that will be much ado about nothing. ;)

nonono... Totally expect the next six games to be announced. Names, gimmicks, gameplay footage.

TRU Times Square will even be giving away a special edition figure that will only work with Sky10.
Insane01 Gold Sparx Gems: 2038
#32 Posted: 17:30:11 08/02/2015
They'll save Skylanders 5 for E3. Like I said before, NYC Toy Fair is somewhat meaningless for them to reveal.
Like it was previously said, it's for press not retailers.
---
" Am I the mad one or are you?"
then, again, "we're all mad here
"
#33 Posted: 17:34:04 08/02/2015 | Topic Creator
Not at all....I'm trying to build suspense for an event that will be much ado about nothing. smilie

nonono... Totally expect the next six games to be announced. Names, gimmicks, gameplay footage.

TRU Times Square will even be giving away a special edition figure that will only work with Sky10.

Yeah I'm pretty sure that Activison thinks of themselves too highly to announce a new game there. I don't think we will see anything until Post-Easter that's actuslly worth our time. We could see the last 2 EE featured at at the Toy Fair, as well as a new varient. And while a new varient sounds trivial, the last 2 years the color of the variant was the color of the next games base. Although, that may have just been a wacky coincidence.
---
#34 Posted: 17:42:04 08/02/2015
We have almost 20 characters to get...the focus will most assuredly be on Trap Team for the foreseeable future. Not sure why 45+ days of boredom has passed, but it's time to kickstart it back into high gear.
---
#35 Posted: 19:22:19 08/02/2015
I don't think Activision has that big of an ego. It's just business. Last year, their reasoning for postponing announcement till later in the year was so that they didn't give away anything to DI, giving away a trade secret. As well, I'm sure they thought the marketing may be better to hold off for a while.

As for 20 characters left, it does seem like we have a ton out already, but we still have a huge assortment to go. I wish they would get my organized with these later waves at least. If they could maybe release 2 new figures on the 1st Tuesday of the month or something, it would help build up the hype in my opinion.
#36 Posted: 20:49:09 08/02/2015 | Topic Creator
I don't think Activision has that big of an ego It's just business. Last year, their reasoning for postponing announcement till later in the year was so that they didn't give away anything to DI, giving away a trade secret. As well, I'm sure they thought the marketing may be better to hold off for a while.

Hahah lol nope.
Acti has the biggest ego ever.

Also just because they said that that was their reasoning for not releasing information about the next game does not mean that that was the truth. Me and a few other people think that the real reason was that they were not ready to show off Trap Team yet.however I think having their own event worked in their favor therefore I think that they will continue to do that forever until the franchise dies.

I apologize if this is not grammatically or spelling wise correct I am using voice to text on my smart phone.
---
#37 Posted: 21:14:33 08/02/2015
I don't think Activision has that big of an ego It's just business. Last year, their reasoning for postponing announcement till later in the year was so that they didn't give away anything to DI, giving away a trade secret. As well, I'm sure they thought the marketing may be better to hold off for a while.

Hahah lol nope.
Acti has the biggest ego ever.

Also just because they said that that was their reasoning for not releasing information about the next game does not mean that that was the truth. Me and a few other people think that the real reason was that they were not ready to show off Trap Team yet.however I think having their own event worked in their favor therefore I think that they will continue to do that forever until the franchise dies.

I apologize if this is not grammatically or spelling wise correct I am using voice to text on my smart phone.

I don't think Activision has a bigger ego than any other game company, nowadays.

But Trap Team has been confirmed to be announced later exactly because they were late with the development.
Not that it wasn't a cool event, but still.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Insane01 Gold Sparx Gems: 2038
#38 Posted: 02:49:31 09/02/2015
I actually think they do have an enormous ego. Activision's afraid of the rumors going around for Infinity's next big thing.......STAR WARS!!!!!!
I notice how DI 1.0 is starting to thin out, DI 2.0 Originals are limited to the Toy Box & Marvel Super Heroes are playing it too darn safe. I'm surprised they haven't released anything to do with Fantastic Four or X-Men. Just Spider Man, Avengers & Guardians of the Galaxy. In the first two, there are so many characters they can release. X-Men is popular but there's one figure that, if done, that would fly off the shelves faster than any Amiibo. Faster than you can say "WTF?!"
The Merc with the Mouth.........DEADPOOL.
Only other one that would go faster.......WOLVERINE.
---
" Am I the mad one or are you?"
then, again, "we're all mad here
"
#39 Posted: 03:41:53 09/02/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: Insane01
I actually think they do have an enormous ego. Activision's afraid of the rumors going around for Infinity's next big thing.......STAR WARS!!!!!!
I notice how DI 1.0 is starting to thin out, DI 2.0 Originals are limited to the Toy Box & Marvel Super Heroes are playing it too darn safe. I'm surprised they haven't released anything to do with Fantastic Four or X-Men. Just Spider Man, Avengers & Guardians of the Galaxy. In the first two, there are so many characters they can release. X-Men is popular but there's one figure that, if done, that would fly off the shelves faster than any Amiibo. Faster than you can say "WTF?!"
The Merc with the Mouth.........DEADPOOL.
Only other one that would go faster.......WOLVERINE.

I don't think Disney has video game, or movie rights to any of the above characters, just comic rights.
---
#40 Posted: 04:51:08 09/02/2015
Drek, where's the link that indicates that they were late with development? I think the whole pre-game show on Trap Team was a muddled mess, but I never saw any confirmation of that.
---
#41 Posted: 06:56:10 09/02/2015
Drek, where's the link that indicates that they were late with development? I think the whole pre-game show on Trap Team was a muddled mess, but I never saw any confirmation of that.

To be honest, I don't remember any specific link, but seeing how the game looked a lot different, in many aspects, from the final one, I think that was the problem.

Sure, SWAP Force looked different too, but not THAT much, and it was still announced at the ToyFair.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#42 Posted: 12:08:49 09/02/2015 | Topic Creator

There was no official confirmation on that fact, but the fact that they added a villain timer which was such a huge mechanic, after it was announced is a bit of a red flag.
---
#43 Posted: 14:24:06 09/02/2015
Quote: HeyitsHotDog

Yep...or is it?

Lol, no sir. I don't work for them, no need to cover anything up and for the record I woulnd't intentionally mislead this topic. I just know what's going to be there because you have to make appt's to see anything "big"... you can't walk into every booth. I don't have an appt with Activision because they will not be at Toy Fair sadly. I'm just as upset after dropping over a $1k on this trip. Oh well.
---
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8246
#44 Posted: 14:38:38 09/02/2015

Yep...or is it?

Lol, no sir. I don't work for them, no need to cover anything up and for the record I woulnd't intentionally mislead this topic. I just know what's going to be there because you have to make appt's to see anything "big"... you can't walk into every booth. I don't have an appt with Activision because they will not be at Toy Fair sadly. I'm just as upset after dropping over a $1k on this trip. Oh well.

We'll get Sky 5 soon enough. Maybe they'll surprise us.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#45 Posted: 14:48:11 09/02/2015

Maybe, I hope so, but I also doubt it.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#46 Posted: 16:43:50 09/02/2015

If i had to guess (guess being the keyword) it would likely be around the same time. I don't think they'll do it at E3... too many other announcements going down. So April or May most likely.
---
#47 Posted: 17:15:47 09/02/2015

If i had to guess (guess being the keyword) it would likely be around the same time. I don't think they'll do it at E3... too many other announcements going down. So April or May most likely.

Yeah, E3 is usually just when they announce new characters and maybe show off a new level. So yeah, they might have a separate reveal event just like last year. Actually, wasn't Swap Force the same thing, or was it revealed at the toy fair?
---
Check this out! Please?
sprocketrocket Emerald Sparx Gems: 3679
#48 Posted: 17:31:50 09/02/2015
Quote: AdamGregory03

Yeah, E3 is usually just when they announce new characters and maybe show off a new level. So yeah, they might have a separate reveal event just like last year. Actually, wasn't Swap Force the same thing, or was it revealed at the toy fair?

toy fair
---
"When your beard is getting weird, Beard Spray! For men!"
#49 Posted: 17:38:50 09/02/2015

There was no official confirmation on that fact, but the fact that they added a villain timer which was such a huge mechanic, after it was announced is a bit of a red flag.

Yeah, unless your observational skills were severely compromised...it seemed obvious they were making LAST MINUTE changes to the overall villain mechanic. I still don't feel like they got it totally right. I believe they spun this as "making changes based on playability / feedback". I would suggest to you that the particular thing we saw was more of an issue on incorporating feedback into the game. You could infer that the reason why THAT happened was because development was behind. Their general defensiveness in early conversations was another personal flag to me. Just contrasting to the previous year, where we found out about Swap Force much earlier, and released information much more often and reps from VV seemed MUCH MORE AT EASE in conversations.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 17:47:26 09/02/2015 by GhostRoaster
Short Cut Green Sparx Gems: 173
#50 Posted: 22:07:59 11/02/2015
Will they have a Special edition Skylander like years before?
---
Look out for any more chase variants!

smilie smilie smilie Cut to the Chase! smilie smilie smilie
Page 1 of 3 | Next | Last
1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me