Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > The Spyro Timeline (excluding Skylanders)
Page 1 of 1
The Spyro Timeline (excluding Skylanders) [CLOSED]
Sparxspade Blue Sparx Gems: 857
#1 Posted: 00:13:53 07/02/2015 | Topic Creator
How do all the games fit together? More specifically, how do the LoS and pre LoS games fit together? Share with me some of your theories.

The only one I have thought of that makes any amount of sense, is during the time Spyro, Cynder and Sparx were trapped in the crystal, Spyro either dreamed, or astral projected the ten other adventures he had before LoS was created.
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10259
#2 Posted: 00:40:12 07/02/2015
They don't, since classic Spyro and LOS Spyro are around the same age and wouldn't ever have happened in the same timeline because the lore is entirely different in the games. At most one is descentant of other but it's just a lazy way of linking them.
Classic Spyro and Skylanders actually link a lot better; Skyro is mentioned to have been recruited in Avalar and is implied to be a lot older than Classic and LOS Spyro by his personality, so it's not all impossible that they were going for an older version of the classic one though they probably couldn't say yes or no to that without angering the fanbase.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6124
#3 Posted: 01:36:28 07/02/2015
I'm with Bifrost on this one. There is no franchise-wide timeline and it's been stated officially that at least LoS was a total reboot unconnected with the earlier games.

But if you want to make up a fan theory connecting them, eh, knock yourself out. I prefer the alternate universes idea myself (universe one: the Insomniac trilogy and, ugh, Enter the Dragonfly; universe two: A Hero's Tail and Shadow Legacy; universe three: Legend of Spyro trilogy; universe four: Skylanders).

Most fans back in the day seemed to like connecting them in the order the games were made. If someone held a gun to my head and made me connect the series as a timeline, I'd say it started with LoS which became Insomniac/AHT merged and then went on to become Skylands.
Windbringer Ripto Gems: 10
#4 Posted: 03:44:06 07/02/2015
Wait, is there anyone who made a picture of his own timeline or something? One that ties both fandoms together, even if it weren't accepted?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:29:16 07/02/2015 by Windbringer
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12920
#5 Posted: 20:21:05 07/02/2015
Even if the original Spyro series and the two reboots aren't meant to be in the same continuity, I still like to think of ways of how they could be tied together.

I have a theory that the LoS games are set in ancient times and that LoS Spyro is an ancestor of classic Spyro.

As for Skylanders, I think Skyro could either be LoS Spyro brought from the past by Eon because according to one of the story scrolls in SSA, portal masters are able to send Skylanders through time, or he's classic Spyro who was transported to Skylands after the events of Shadow Legacy.

As for Cynder in Skylanders, she is either LoS Cynder brought from the past just like LoS Spyro because her Skylanders backstory matches the events of LoS, or another Cynder exists in the classic Spyro universe (possibly a long lost cousin of classic Spyro) and her backstory is history repeating itself. In one of the Skylanders comics, Spyro talks about how he defeated Cynder. At the end of Shadow Legacy, Spyro and his friends were preparing for the Sorcerer's return who is actually either Malefor brought back from the dead or a descendant of him and uses Cynder (as a plan B in case his plan with Red fail which it does) until she gets defeated by Spyro. The two dragons team up and stop Malefor just like their ancestors. Shortly after, Eon recruits them as Skylanders.

And those are my theories. Whether you support them or not is entirely up to you. I might write a full timeline of all the games using those theories.
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5497
#6 Posted: 18:04:08 21/06/2015
I don't really know much about the LoS series, as I was never into their style of gameplay, but I love the idea of connecting the classic Spyro games to Skylanders. Spyro's origin in Skylanders seems to have intentionally left the door open for the possibility, at least, since they could have just as easily said he was born and raised in Skylands. Instead they say that he came from a faraway land and had many exciting adventures, which links up with the classic series perfectly.
---
Boop me if you see this.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me