Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Fandom > Fan Fiction > Shelves: The Expansion Set © (Black Hawk: Orgins #2 Posted!)
Page 1 of 1
Shelves: The Expansion Set © (Black Hawk: Orgins #2 Posted!) [CLOSED]
uttster13 Gold Sparx Gems: 2701
#1 Posted: 22:42:48 04/02/2015 | Topic Creator
An Important Message from uttster13:

‘Sup dweebs. You know me, I know you. Let’s get this shebang rolling.

Or we can be a little more formal.

Hey guys, Uttster here! You guys like Shelves, right? (If not, we’re going to have a problem.) Of course you do! I force it down your throats so much that you are pretty much forced to love it… Well, whether you like Shelves or not, I’m still here to announce something very, very special. What am I going to announce? Shut the front door and let me finish! Some of you may remember that a while back I started a spinoff of Shelves called Tales of Shelves. It kinda fell through, because I didn’t have time to continually write two stories. Yes, the same thing happened with the Travelers. Shut up about it. They’re like the disowned, black sheep son who I don’t want back!
Anyway, I’m back with another spinoff story, called Shelves: The Expansion Set. It’s a collection of small, short-going stories that are here to expand the world of Shelves, which is ever-growing. I mentioned above that spinoffs of mine fall through after a short time. But you don’t have to worry about that this time, because I have a system: I write a whole short-story, then I stretch it out for a couple of weeks. Basically, a different story will be featured throughout a month’s period of time. I already have one story completely written, which is called Black Hawk: Origins. It’s all in the title.

Once BH:O is finished, then I’ll move on to another side story. I want to continue this process for a while, just so we can get a bunch of Shelves in the air. And if this doesn’t work out, then at least you guys will have one side story to read.
List o’ Stories:

February – Black Hawk: Origins – The origin story for the famed hero of Sewer Central, Black Hawk! Takes place a year before the group shows up in the city. A total of seven parts will be spread out through the month.
March – TBA

There's also a chance for a reboot Worst of Friends, a story featuring Manwind and Prickles, two characters from a while back. Get psyched!
Thanks for reading! The first part of Black Hawk: Origins will be up in a day or so! Be sure to check out Shelves, which is still going on!

Well I Guess That Wraps It Up!
---
A story.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 21:38:40 10/02/2015 by uttster13
#2 Posted: 22:43:35 04/02/2015 | Topic Creator
Reserved for a more detailed list of stories...
---
A story.
#3 Posted: 22:44:11 04/02/2015 | Topic Creator
Part One of Seven

The Awakening

It was just another busy day at Toys for Bob HQ. People were running everywhere, holding plastic figurines in their hands and detailed papers with highly classified information for Skylanders 4, a game which is still in early development. Josh was in his office, drawing doodles of possible characters. His phone rang. “Hey bro, J-dawg here.” said Josh acting like a thug. “Hello Mr. Greene.” said a voice. It was Paul Reiche. “Oh, hey boss. How can I help you?” Josh’s face was red. “There’s a meeting in half an hour. I need you to be there with all of the characters you’ve been working on.” said Paul. “Can do.” said Josh. “Good.” Paul started to hang up the phone. “Do you want me to bring the special one?” asked Josh. “Only if you want to blow away the Activision executives. I’ll see you in half an hour.” Paul hung up. Josh rolled over to a box in the corner. It was the apartment Strauss, Enchantress, Sunbeam and Flade lived in three years ago. “Kel, come on out.” said Josh. A white figure sprawled from the box. It looked rather human. “What’s up?” it asked. “It’s time to show off what you can do.” said Josh. “Do you mean what I’m doing now, or the other stuff that will sell more figures?” asked Kel. “The second one. Get your gear on. We move out in five.” said Josh. Kel climbed back into his apartment. A helmet, sword and a vest with wings lay in the corner. “Let’s make some cash.”

Josh walked down the hallway with Kel in his hands. His armor looked rather interesting. A guy with glasses and a beanie stopped him. “You’re showing off Kel today?” asked the guy. “I’m hoping for the best.” said Josh. “You better be. Clarence and Johnny came up with a game with villains you can capture.” said the guy. “This should beat it.” said Josh. “Don’t be too cocky. They say you’ll be able to capture and play as Kaos! Crazy, right?” asked the dude. “I’ll back the idea if we can play as Mesmeralda. She’s freaking awesome.” The two split, and Josh entered the conference room. Three Activision execs sat in a row. I-Wei and Paul sat on the other end. “He’s here!” said Paul happily. “Hey Mr. Reiche.” said Josh. He was nervous. “I’d like you to meet Mr. Kotick, Mr. Hirshbirg, and Mr. Daniels.” said Paul. “Oh, I’ve met them already. Good to see you three again.” said Josh. He just earned major points. “I like cake!” exclaimed Mr. Daniels happily. Nobody listened. “Mr. Greene, I hear you’re back with some more, great characters.” said Mr. Kotick. Josh set up a collection of figures on the table. “These are some figures I’ve been working up.” said Josh. He picked up a fire pony. “Trailblazer. Fast and strong. Can charge into enemies with his fire mane.” Josh set down Trailblazer. “I like the concept. I’ll definitely consider allowing you guys to keep it.” said Mr. Kotick. “And I like cake!” yelled. Mr. Daniels happily. “Glad you like it. This one’s named Conan. He’s a gorilla wielding a massive sword. Has a cool punching attack.” said Josh, pointing to another figure.

After going through everything he had out, they execs talked about some of the characters. “I say keep Trailblazer, Fist Bump and Tuff Luck. Ditch Conan and Boulder. Maybe save Anubis for later.” said Hirshbirg. The others agreed. Daniels turned to Josh. “I like cake!” he said. Josh looked at Paul, who laughed. Apparently, it was some kind of joke. “We’ve decided on the game plan. Thank you for your time, Josh.” said Hirshbirg. The three got up. “Wait, I have to end with a bang!” said Josh. Daniels was already gone, but the other two stayed. “And how are you going to do that?” asked Kotick. Josh pulled out Kel. “This is Kel. It’s just a codename. He’s a special character who has armor that can come off and on. There are many combinations of armor and weapons.” said Josh. “May we take that with us? It’s just to show the other people at Activision Blizzard. We can get it back to you next week.” said Hirshbirg. “I guess. As long as we can have it back for a template.” said Josh. He really didn’t want Kel to leave the building, but he didn’t have a choice. The three men left the building, and got in their car. Kotick held Kel. “I think we can make a good chunk of cash with this.” he said, lifting it up. Kel got worried. “NO!” yelled the toy. He jumped out the window of the moving car. His right leg cracked. “Crap.” he said, looking at it. He looked around, and saw an open sewer drain. “Sorry Josh. I’ll be back.” said Kel. He jumped down the hole.

Kel woke up in a small cottage. He didn’t remember what had happened. He looked over to see the top half of a Magna Charge sitting in a wheelchair. “Ah, you’re awake. I was starting to think the chip would die off.” chuckled the Magna. He had the voice of an older gentleman. “What happened?” asked Kel. “Four days ago, you tried to commit suicide by jumping down a drain. A wall-builder saw you, and dropped you off here, because he knew I could fix you. You came here with a shattered torso and crushed legs. I put them back together and then put them on you. I pretty much fixed you.” said the Magna. “Thank you.” Kel looked at his chest. It was a deep, rich black. Then his legs. They were black too. So were his arms. “Why am I black?” asked Kel. “I couldn’t have people noticing that you were the guy who tried to kill himself. Plus, I have other stuff in store for you. Put on your helmet, grab your sword. We have work to do.”

End of Part One

Author’s Log:

Instead of trying to make another continuous story with Shelves, I decided to make one that can be completed within a month or so. It just frees up my time. And I thought it would be cool to focus on the origins of Black Hawk, kind of like Gotham in a sense. This will all be written before I post this part, so you’ll be reading this a couple of weeks after I write all of it. (Today is 1/26/15, A.K.A Shelves’ birthday and 100th chapter special.)

Thanks for reading! I hope you enjoyed it! Be sure to check out Shelves if you haven’t already done so!

---
A story.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:46:33 04/02/2015 by uttster13
Fryno Forever Yellow Sparx Gems: 1071
#4 Posted: 23:11:11 04/02/2015
Yeah, Black Hawk! So wait, is he or is he not a Knight Light? Also, who are Boulder and, more importantly, Anubis?
---
Back and Better Than Ever!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:11:40 04/02/2015 by Fryno Forever
84skylanderdude Platinum Sparx Gems: 5528
#5 Posted: 21:36:47 05/02/2015
Nice.
---
“No one knows what the outcome will be. So, as much as you can, choose whatever you'll regret the least.” - Levi Ackerman
Medicus Gold Sparx Gems: 2405
#6 Posted: 02:01:19 06/02/2015
That was fantastic!!!
Black Hawk is one of my favorites!
---
Hello There, Old Friends!
#7 Posted: 01:46:40 07/02/2015 | Topic Creator
Thanks guys! To answer your question, FF, Kel is early prototype of Knight Light. (K-e-l KL = Knight Light. Thought that was an okay way to make a name. smilie

I'm eyeing up Sunday for the next part!
---
A story.
#8 Posted: 02:20:51 07/02/2015
Sets alarm clock for Sunday an goes to sleep*
ZZZZZZZZZZZZ...........
---
#9 Posted: 02:28:39 07/02/2015
You've gotten 8 posts on this in 2 days... I got no posts on GC for four... If I hadn't stopped uploading chapters biweekly I'd now have two chapters back to back with no comments in between...
---
“No one knows what the outcome will be. So, as much as you can, choose whatever you'll regret the least.” - Levi Ackerman
#10 Posted: 21:38:07 10/02/2015 | Topic Creator
Yeah, two days late. I was...busy. With....business.

Part Two of Seven
Training

“I just woke up, and you expect me to start ‘work’? What kind of work?” asked Kel. He sat up in bed. “Listen, I’m going to show you a video of the city. It’s way safer to watch that then actually go out there. Once you’re finished, I’ll tell you my plan.” said the Magna. He pulled out a computer screen and gave it to Kel. “Welcome to Sewer Central! Home of opportunity!” said a cheerful voice narrating the video. Kel watched it all. “Okay, now I know a little bit about this place. How was that supposed to help?” he asked. “Wait for it.” said the Magna, pointing at the screen. Another video played. It focused on the darker sides of Sewer Central. Houses constantly on fire, gangsters running rapid, special drugs driving people mad. A chart showing the death rate in the city. Bars on the graph showed that thirty people die every week due to violence. More stuff showed. Then it ended. “And now I know that I shouldn’t be here.” said Kel. “No, you’re supposed to be here.” said the Magna. “Really?” asked Kel bluntly. “Yes. You fell so I could build you into a powerful weapon that could save the city from corruption! While you slept, I gave you special abilities. You can fly, teleport short distances, kill thugs in one hit.” said the Magna. “But I didn’t ask you to do that.” said Kel. “It wasn’t your decision. It was mine. I saw an opportunity to save my city and I took it by the reins.” said the Magna. Kel didn’t like the idea. “You’ll be the vigilante of Sewer Central. A hero. I know you don’t like it, but you’ll appreciate it later on in your life.” said the Magna.

After the Magna tried to convince Kel to join him, he took the youngling to his work area. There were computer screens and gizmos everywhere. “This is where I’ll be while you fight crime.” said the Magna. “I won’t be fighting crime.” said Kel. “I have cameras all around the city. That screen on the far left will track where you are.” said the Magna, completely ignoring Kel’s comment. “I won’t be fighting crime.” said Kel again. “I’ll program your chip so you’ll be able to know how to use your powers, along with every place in the city.” said the Magna. “What do you not understand? I’m not doing this for you!” yelled Kel. “You won’t be doing it for me.” said the Magna. “That’s what I’ve just said.” said Kel. The Magna pulled up a video on one of the screen. It showed six Skylanders tied up in a dark room. One of them was getting sliced up. “You’ll be doing it for them.” Kel watched the video. One of the hostages was a helpless Hot Dog. He was being torched. “Give me everything I need. Now.” said Kel. “I knew you’d come around.” said the Magna. He handed Kel his new armor, made of reinforced steel, not plastic. It was a nice black. Then his helmet. It was made of iron. Then came his sword. It was nice and fine. “What is that?” asked Kel. “It’s called obsidian. It’s sharper than any metal you’ll ever find.” said the Magna. “But the captors will be made of plastic.” said Kel. “That’s the point. You’ll be able to cut them in half with one foul swoop. Nothing will be able to stop you, Black Hawk.”

Kel was on top of a building. It was the one with the hostages. “Can you hear me?” asked the Magna. “Loud and clear.” said Kel. “Great. Now, cut an opening right where you are standing. There will be a Chop Chop with a gun. You’ll land on him and smash his body. Then, there will be three other Skylanders with guns. Kill them before they massacre the hostages.” said the Magna. “Before I do that, what’s your name? I don’t think I should put all my trust in someone if I don’t have details.” said Kel. “I can’t do that over the radio, Black Hawk. Just strike. Now!” yelled the Magna. Kel did as told. He cut a circle in the roof, and landed on the Chop Chop. He threw his sword at a Scorp, and teleported to a Jet-Vac. He punched his face in, and moved to the Dino-Rang. Gunshots blasted through the room, hitting a Stealth Elf in the head. Another one got to a Stump Smash. “Where are they coming from?” asked Kel. “There’s an Eruptor in the building over. You’ll have to clear him out.” said the Magna. “Can I teleport there?” asked Kel. “You should be able to make it.” Kel teleported to the building, where an Eruptor held two guns. “Aye, it’s a vigilante!” yelled the Eruptor. Kel realized he didn’t have his weapon. “Name’s Enfuego. I’m going to kill you, if that’s fine with you.” said Enfuego. Kel pounced onto the fire Skylander. He punched him a couple of times. “Wait! If you kill me, then a bomb will go off in the building over, killing everyone! You won’t be able to beat me.” said Enfuego. Kel teleported to the other building. “Can I teleport them all out of here at once?” he asked. “No. The teleportation limit only allows two at a time, including you.” said the Magna. Kel grabbed one of the tortured Skylanders. He teleported it out of the building, and repeated this process until they were all out. He grabbed his sword, and made way to the Enfuego, who was in police custody. Kel quickly teleported away, because he didn’t want the authorities to know of him.

“Good job. You saved four lives today.” said the Magna. “But I let two people die.” said Kel. “That’s better than having them all dead.” said the Magna. “I let them die.” said Kel. He was upset about not saving them. He stormed out of the room. “My name’s Wheatly, by the way.”

End of Part Two

Author’s Log:

Wheatly. I kinda like it.
We see Kel suit up as the Black Hawk for the first time! But how will he deal with knowing that he can’t save everyone, no matter how hard he tries?

Thanks for reading! Tell your friends! Don’t be a vigilante, as you’ll end up dying!

---
A story.
#11 Posted: 22:46:46 10/02/2015
Wheatly... Strange name.

Have you read the new(not anymore) chapter of GC?
---
Fryno Forever Yellow Sparx Gems: 1071
#12 Posted: 00:21:48 11/02/2015
Love it! Also, does Kel die? You give the impression that he does, because you said this: Don’t be a vigilante, as you’ll end up dying!
---
Back and Better Than Ever!
#13 Posted: 01:23:12 11/02/2015
Na Na Na Na Na Na, BLACK HAWK!
---
#14 Posted: 21:48:05 11/02/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: 84skylanderdude
Wheatly... Strange name.

It hails from Portal, my brothers' played that game and he's apparently the funniest character.
Quote: Fryno Forever
Love it! Also, does Kel die? You give the impression that he does, because you said this: Don’t be a vigilante, as you’ll end up dying!

Maybe. You'll never know... Nice speculation, by the way. smilie
Quote: Medicus
Na Na Na Na Na Na, BLACK HAWK!

I forgot how I was going to reply. Well, this is embarrassing... smilie

Also, be sure to check out the new chapter of Shelves!
---
A story.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me